People who say BnS is dying

JinVarrelOP

It would be nice if the game had actual battle grounds or something other than just go to this area on the map where zerg v zerg. Some objective based mass PvP would be cool, maybe even something that was like Aion's Dreg. Having a better way to get the items needed for gear progression that since grind for gold to buy them and/or grind for mats and leveling crafting to be able to progress. Maybe having some ingame explanation for what the hell you are so post to be doing at level 45 after finishing the story that is available. Maybe having more arena options, just normal 3v3, 5v5. Maybe not have gold/in game currency not be attached to pretty much everything in the game. How about not having so many turn in able items. Not have so many progression items, customs be tied to RNG wheel games and farming bosses over and over. Change the default loot system to a need, greed one. So it lessens the amount of trolling and just players being completely horrible to one another. 

Just some suggestions... to help the game be a bit more streamlined and fun. Since the point of games are to be fun and not be so mindless and filled with observed levels of monotony to the point of frustration as a actual job tends to create from time to time.

I kind of think this game would have been much better to have a sub and forgo all of the membership discounts and the excessive grind/time wall. Not even a $15 per month. A $5 or $7 per month with the cash shop for the customs, weapon skins, boosts, etc. The F2P or more Pay to advance is kind of starting to put a slow but firm stranglehold on the game.        

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a popular topic on every mmo i ever play even when i started playing 12 years ago so why this 1 would be different.Usually it start when that mmo makes some changes to some classes, makes a new expansion that people find something they don't like or other things like ok we gonna remove follow so all the boxer and botters get more difficulty moving their army. Of course those mmo still continue after all those controversy have been change to something else.I guess it's a part of having an online mmo.I suppose if i we're to look even on Wow forums i would find some discussions like that.

1 hour ago, Eladriel said:

shortened

I gotcha! Thanks for keeping it civil too! And regarding Revelation, it's one of those things I'd genuinely have to just recommend outside of my own preference. It's hard to explain but it can definitely catch on here.

How can you say the game is dying.Please show me proofs....Yes i'm a BnS Fanboy but not blinded and NCsosft announced to their twitter that more than 1kk players are playing this game.It is enough proofs to me that the game isn't dying but it has great impact right now.I will ask again how about showing me your proofs with links or something else so i can see at least you have a point.

3 hours ago, KuroAka said:

It would be nice if the game had actual battle grounds or something other than just go to this area on the map where zerg v zerg. Some objective based mass PvP would be cool, maybe even something that was like Aion's Dreg. Having a better way to get the items needed for gear progression that since grind for gold to buy them and/or grind for mats and leveling crafting to be able to progress. Maybe having some ingame explanation for what the hell you are so post to be doing at level 45 after finishing the story that is available. Maybe having more arena options, just normal 3v3, 5v5. Maybe not have gold/in game currency not be attached to pretty much everything in the game. How about not having so many turn in able items. Not have so many progression items, customs be tied to RNG wheel games and farming bosses over and over. Change the default loot system to a need, greed one. So it lessens the amount of trolling and just players being completely horrible to one another. 

Just some suggestions... to help the game be a bit more streamlined and fun. Since the point of games are to be fun and not be so mindless and filled with observed levels of monotony to the point of frustration as a actual job tends to create from time to time.

I kind of think this game would have been much better to have a sub and forgo all of the membership discounts and the excessive grind/time wall. Not even a $15 per month. A $5 or $7 per month with the cash shop for the customs, weapon skins, boosts, etc. The F2P or more Pay to advance is kind of starting to put a slow but firm stranglehold on the game.        

I agree with Battle Grounds.It would be nice to had this feautre from Tera and other mmorpg games.

Having more options for players to gain the same rewards makes any game better. You get people playing and interacting more. Don't really know if having any battlegrounds or other PvP options are in the Korean version and/or they are even looking at creating them at some point. Though I would think that since E-Sports is a big thing about this game, would think the focus would be more on the PvP side of the game. Personally I see this game as having mountains of potential, just a few things like the amount of grinding and all the walls that is putting up need to be made much smaller. I don't see any skill/hardcore in grinding. All that says is you have a lot of time on your hands, that time does not equal skill and does not the game as a whole better when you have to just invest too much time in getting things to only be able to do what is the actual fun parts.   

On 2/20/2016 at 11:22 PM, dmoe33 said:

Who cares if the game is or isnt dying if u like it play it if u dont then dont affect others experience with it.

Nuff said

I paid $129 on this game. If I have an issue with it I will say what ever the hell I want. Don't get so but hurt if people get upset over paying money and this game was handled like crap and "localized" horribly. The game anyways is dying in Korea. Which is enough to hurt its lifespan in NA/etc.

I only wish I researched before I paid $129. I never would have if I knew the game was censored and the characters were changed to generic and boring with "aw look a meme"

14 minutes ago, Mute Scarecrow said:

I paid $129 on this game. If I have an issue with it I will say what ever the hell I want. Don't get so but hurt if people get upset over paying money and this game was handled like crap and "localized" horribly. The game anyways is dying in Korea. Which is enough to hurt its lifespan in NA/etc.

I only wish I researched before I paid $129. I never would have if I knew the game was censored and the characters were changed to generic and boring with "aw look a meme"

I dont see how im butthurt lol? and if u paid however much thats on u. You paid for what u got u didnt pay to whine also ppl say this game is dying like 2-3 months after its release? people said that about 50 other games and you know what? theyre still going and ppl are still saying that dieing in KR or not i dont really care what i care about is here and if u dont like it dont ruin it for the people who do 

On 2/20/2016 at 8:09 PM, Enamour said:

Why you play does not concern me. And if making alts in a game for fun is an issue, then that train of thinking is flawed. Reason being is that what's fun, regardless of the state of a game, is subjective. A person making alts for fun has no direct (nor strong) correlation to the state of a game in MOST cases (please note: most). I love arena as well then swapped to PvE. My reason for PvEing is to make money to buy more outfits. Simple as that. I also really enjoy the leveling process so it's actually fun learning and trying out new classes. I love the change in play styles my alts give me and I'm actually having a hard time choosing a main. Boredom is highly subjective and it's hard to really gauge how many people are actually bored and how many are just making alts to make them because they simply enjoy it.

On to content getting old, it's natural for it to be repetitive right now since it's been in NA for such a short time. I'm not saying you're implying this, however, it's not the best idea (to me) to just drop a ton of content on players that may have not had any experience at all. Introducing too much would leave players confused and frustrated. Even at our current rate, there are still complaints that we're getting updates too fast. Different things fit different people and while I understand what you're saying perfectly clear, I cannot help but think that you've ignored the other side of the spectrum and only presume that the vast majority do things out of boredom or are currently bored.

On to the latter part, I've played Revelation Online and it was...okay (just didn't fit my personal taste I suppose although the character creation was super awesome). I can't speak about the rest but I fee like new games coming out will always have the "Grass is greener" effect. To be frankly honest, at least for me, Revelation Online got boring super fast. Moonlight Blade, however, was interesting, but didn't captivate me like Blade and Soul does.

In conclusion, I'm personally quite happy with the game. Sure things could be improved but even with these new games that I really, really wanted to try coming out soon, I genuinely really love Blade and Soul. Perhaps you can consider me an outlier of sorts (or rather, a statistical anomaly if it fancies you), however, I do not feel that a vast majority share your or the like-minded's sentiments.

In many ways I agree with you. Although I enjoy the combat, the story was botched coming over here, and no matter how we want to discuss it, this is a PvP game. They did better then most in having a PvE element (really, this is the best PvE I've seen in a PvP game), but at heart it's a PvP game. which means that for the most part, PvE is a track to get you to the PvP. Most of the other elements outside of direct gear progression that PvE players like are completely absent. RP, Exploration, a REAL craft system, support and benefits for Alts, etc. these things are not here. 

It keeps me coming in mostly because I enjoy the combat, but there are also other games out there that I enjoy, and unfortunately, this game doesn't have enough to hold me into it like some others do. I still hop in every once in awhile, but I'm playing other games right now as well. I also probably won't invest any more money in it either, they got their cash out of me. 

On another topic....p2w is a slippery slope, and has more opinions then politics does. you can't just say a game is p2w w/o describing your criteria. right now, you can get everything in Game that you need for progression, thus it technically isn't p2w. But I know people have their own thresholds for what they are willing to endure in grinds before they see it as p2w, So it's really up to the individual to determine how they feel about that. But I'd advise against labeling any game as p2w just because you don't agree with their cash shop approach. there's nothign there that you can't get in game.

On 2/20/2016 at 2:42 AM, JinVarrelOP said:

How can you say the game is dying.Please show me proofs....Yes i'm a BnS Fanboy but not blinded and NCsosft announced to their twitter that more than 1kk players are playing this game.It is enough proofs to me that the game isn't dying but it has great impact right now.I will ask again how about showing me your proofs with links or something else so i can see at least you have a point.

If you honestly believe there are 1 million people playing BnS NA then youre insane. It's probably like 20,000 with 980,000 bots. 

On 2/19/2016 at 3:34 PM, JinVarrelOP said:

they don't know what they are talking about.Explain how this game is dying?How can you decide it has been hardly be for one month.

People are complaining a lot or just like trolling.Yes the game needs some fixes but other than that its one of  the fewest MMORPG which succeeded of becoming one of the most popular atm.

If you think your Black Deset online or any other new MMORPG wont have any bot then you might think again.All mmorpgs have bots and nothing is to an exception.

Lastly,as NCsoft BnS wont be p2w and certainly it isn't p2w.Arena proves that and i like the pvp system a lot.You can whine all you about p2w games but BnS isn't one of them and if it is please prove it by making stronger points than mine.

I'm member in a 120 Blade and soul teamspeak members, ups!! I meant to say it was 120! now its 15.

I guess you're absolutely right, the game is alive more then ever!

Ill tell you why Blade & soul IS 100% going to die & not last that long here are my reasons:

~Bot ruining the marketplace either farming for mats or zen beans & buying/selling soul sheilds

~Lack of developer PR support & just helping out in the community, GM actually doing their job

~Milking the system with hongmoonstore pricing & some items in cash shop making this game Pay 2 Win

~trying to ban people for using door glitch instead of fixing bot problem (bad priories makes it seem like their new to the MMO game)

~massive bot spam in the game chat & on the forums which, Does impact the game community

~they delayed N/A release too long made alot of people mad, so most people going over to Black Desert Online

~ I first made an account 2 weeks after N/A release date on "Mushin" server 8-9 hour que times,(NCSoft shoving Premium service down my throat to fix que times)

~Blade & soul is a nice looking game but dated engine(Unreal 3 engine), newer MMO make this look dated

~the BS Korean grind business model, people in N/A are not koreans they don't want to spent 2+ months getting all gear ect

~Blade & soul community is very toxic compared to other MMO's, people in chat & forums being disrespectfaul

~BnS been out for a very long time, all bugs/problems should have been fix from the korean release,(Should have fixed before release N/A version) Blade & soul is now 7+ years Old

~too high of skillcap for average player, moonwater transformation stones & Soulstones overpriced 6.5g each, (I make per day maybe max 4.5-5g doing all the quests in F8 dung lobby, people don't tell me how to farm for gold, I know its a stupid grind not worth it)

~lack luster story because NCSoft  chops the game into parts, so it makes me not even want to care because I have to wait 3+ years to see the whole picture

~having to do pvp content for soulstones[zen beans & faction dailies] when I only want to do pve content(Yes I know this is a pvp orientated fighting game)

~lacking enough PVE content the game is chopped so bad, how to they expect this game to last 4+ years, just not possible!

~More bots on the servers then actual players, in both open world pve & arena 1 V 1

~bad costume design, not being able to destroy in game costumes for mats,(blame bots)

~high cost for crafting just not worth it imo 

Lets take a look @ other games that have flopped recenly: Wildstar, Archeage, Guild wars 2(went f2p ruined gp), most korean grindy MMO's

I played Tera rising/online for like 4+ years, & the has had less problems overall then blade & soul, Tera rising has less bots, better story, better party system,- more GM/Forum moderators/ involvement in the community.

I could go on & on about this game, I like the art style, I like the fast based combat, but thats about it, only playing this until need for speed 2015 comes out in pc, then maybe leaving, (Also have True Siren BTW)

You have to make it worth my wile for my to waste my life on a game grinding for gear(Since this game is Pay 2 Win), atm I'm putting in like 12 hour days on the game, I know all about the grind , but the bots ruin the game so much for me its hard to find enjoyment since you know this is a game, your supposed to have fun!

I don't know if it is dying... but the BOTS are really making it difficult to enjoy. I was just on, and and hit F7 (Dungeon Finder), and out of 7 slots of LFG, no LESS than 5 were spammers spamming. You know, where it says Comments? Under there, the spammers were spamming their gold sites. And while standing at a dungeon, I just sat there and watched Destroyer Bots pop in and out of the dungeon.

It seems to me that the Bots/Spammers issue is getting worse.

And with that... I am taking some time off from BnS while playing a game that actually does do something about spammer/bots.

In my opinion the game is dead. Let me explain why:

1) The bot issue. This is apparently being fixed, but as someone who's somewhat tech savy, I should tell you that bots will never go away. IP bans and region locks do not work. I play a region. Locked Japanese mmo in america because of an amazing VPN tunneling service. If I get banned and support decides not to give me a valid reason? Getting a new IP is as simple as loading up comand, and using ipconfig to release an IP, then after 20 mins refresh it. Look! A new IP. Mirrors and proxys are also a thing.

2) support. Support is god awful. Copy pasta responses, even if you hand in information with links to not sotfware. I did just this and expected at least a thank you. Nope. Copy pasta response. I did this in another game and actualy was given a thank you response, and asked if I knew any other programs. See the difference? Customer service matters. 

3) the community. Let's be honest. level 45's pking level 5's. Seriously? How pathetic are you? I find myself standing guard for lower level players these days just to kill people like this. Master looting? Afk? SS glitch abuse? Not to mention the people that get mad when you don't glitch. 

4) faction imbalance. Thanks to bots, this is becoming a huge problem.

I could go on. But I'll stop there. 

TERA had no bots.

BDO won't have bots. Why? It is b2p which means every account that gets banned will cost the botters $30 out of their pocket. Will they make $30 + operation fee + profit before their account gets banned? Maybe, maybe not. Will they risk it? Some might but if bdo management is on top of it even the slightest, everything goes to hell for botters. B2P is only the first layer of defense against the botters. They have 2nd and 3rd layer of defense that I know of which are the unique type of marketplace and trading system in BDO. Since I'm not very informed about BDO, they might have even more layers of defense against botters and gold sellers but even with those 3, I am pretty sure botters and gold sellers will have a tough time to even get started.

Well BnS, as i said several time, is a kinda particular "mmo"

And, even if, with the dailies, you look to always have something to get busy with for hours, it doesnt change that the "end game" is farm  ( gold / mat / SS .. etc )

So during weeks, repeat the same thing days after days to get enough gold / mat to upgrade your gear.

For many, guess that's not very fun, and its quite boring.

Also, that game is not made for "open pvp", the gameplay is perfect for 1v1, but pass that, its absolutely dumb.

Its also another quite huge limitation in BnS since you dont have real Faction vs faction, or guild v guild game mode ( actual, it also make the guild thing kinda pointless if you ask me ) like many mmo offer and where ppl will spend most of their "end game" time.

So, beside arena, and farm all your life for gear upgrade, BnS dont have much to offer. ( even tho is a game more than enjoyable to play at )

I'am here to troll or anything else, but, you have to be quite realistic.

It doesnt change that i have very good time because of the gameplay and i really like Hyung tae kim art style, but that the same time i dont like a lot of setting in BnS + very bad management for the west team

- Crap EU server still not fixed since CBT, quite ruin the all enjoyment for the gameplay

- Bot world

- Broken economy ( very low gold income compare to what you have to spend for gear upgrade, that's absolutely dumb as fk )

- Broken materal gathering : Super camping at quartz node ( player & bots ) very crap SoulStone pve income when you need like 200+ for weapon upgrade.. etc.

- PayToGetGold orientation : more you pay, more you have gold, so more easy is your life, so enjoy lastest content and get way more gold because HM skills & so one.

It still leave the big majority struggeling with the gear upgrade and prevent them to plenty enjoy all game content

etc

- so you have to spend SOOO fking many time for that fking gear that its hard to enjoy playing other class so reroll.

Considering the game, it should have been his strength to be able to easyly play several class, but... no... ( thanks powercreep gear upgrade )

So, well, yeah. No surprising that well plenty of ppl leave that game because its clearly not a traditionnal mmo, its his strength, but at the same time a huge weakness.

+ many very bad setting & management.

On 2/20/2016 at 9:42 AM, JinVarrelOP said:

I wouldnt say its dying but with the current release of BDO im sure we will notice a huge drop in player numbers.

It's always a bad idea to rip a game apart and hand out tiny content pieces here and there, a todays mmo comunity wants to be busy with the game, explore new things, progress with their characters and so on.

You cant even concentrate on crafting with 12 and more hours waiting time on single items.

I do my daylies within 2-3  hours and then there is seriously nothing left for me to do. I avoid the arena cause its no fun to face Destroyer Bots, Summoners and BD's all day long and being steamrolled by broken op classes like the ones i mentioned.

Openworld pvp is fun to a certain point and hour early in the morning. after that Cerus rule all open channels on Cardinal Gates with pretty much no chance to even pick your daylies up without being ganked 20:1.

Spam Bots all day long, Nc introduced chat mechanics to get rid of them, does it even work? i see bots spamming all day long if you dont block them manually while a normal player got chat banned while whispering with me in short sentences and a bit too fast i guess.

All those things drive people away and give them a reason to look for other games to enjoy which have mostly more to offer than B&S in its current state. =(

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:32 PM, Eladriel said:

I'm assuming in your signature on forum that are your main and alt characters? sorry but if having fun in a  game is by making alts then there's something wrong with the game,and im not saying this just to you,i know lots of people who have many alts and many said when i told them i was bored,they told me : go lvl new class and have fun......

Not gonna do that just so i don't get bored in a game...

pretty sure 90% of people have alts, because they like to play other classes rather than just one....

In my case I have 5 alts and no it's not because I'm bored it's because some days I feel a little silly and giddy and I want a funny char like a summoner while other days I want some combo challenges so I enjoy KFM or maybe I just want be a a high dps machine and sit back so I jump on my FM.... Doesn't mean I'm bored of the game it just means I enjoy more than one aspect/char of the game. 

I'm not saying BnS is dying but the activities are down compare to few weeks ago.

I didn't have anything plan for my real life yesterday so I spend alot of time in game and here are activities on Soha server:

*I logged in game at 4AM PST and went to Misty Wood: BW + Both Terrors are up and untouched in all channel 1 to 7 (channel 4 is always full and grey out on my end so I'm not sure what's going in on with ch4). In some channel there a party of 3~6 killing other faction war tent for insignas (each faction chose their own channel and farm and DO NOT DISTURB each orhers). I got about 120 insignas with those folks...very feaceful time with my faction outfit on and whack the shit outta those Ceru NPCs....

*Fast Forward another 5 hours so it's 9AM PST all channel BW+Terrors still left untouched.

*9:30AM PST The cat army appeared and start zerged fast to all Terrors in all channels, I tagged along with them for easy loot and got around 50 soulstones and ton of Misty Wood Keys, this zerg fest last for couple hours and the cat army disappeared all together and all channels stay quiet like before.

*Around 2PM PST players start gather together at ch3 for the BW cause its spawned on the hill (first BW attempt on Soha) and start changing channels to clean up BW+Terrors. I did few BW with them (5 total BW+both terror kills). The cat army appear and zerged a few Terrors then disappeared again, this time I think due to high number of players in all channel doing BW and it's hard for them to get in so they left).

*Thing died out when those peoples who can tank BW properly left do something else. Folks started zerg fest for BW....this is bad ideal but ppls desperated to get their hand on the BW weekend chest.

*I went to 24 mans dungeon for dailies and some golds to get back some money I lost for repair (BW is terrible once tank failed and hate on everyone), both 24 mans dungeons pretty much empty but I'm able to solo most dailies minus those bosses that taking forever to solo so I have to wait until ppl show up for them.

*Queued up for 1v1 arena and first one I face is a bot, easy kill for me but after that I didn't Queue for arena cause I knew I would see another bot in there.

*Queued for big 4 lvl 45 dungeon and folks still cheating with Ogong so I left.

*Windstrike around to other zones for dailies and pretty much botters are everywhere farming quests and field bosses.

*Around 8PM chat is dying out and I'm tired so I logged for the night :)

***There is still some fun activities in game but it's very mellow everywhere. 

On 2/28/2016 at 11:45 AM, dmoe33 said:

I dont see how im butthurt lol? and if u paid however much thats on u. You paid for what u got u didnt pay to whine also ppl say this game is dying like 2-3 months after its release? people said that about 50 other games and you know what? theyre still going and ppl are still saying that dieing in KR or not i dont really care what i care about is here and if u dont like it dont ruin it for the people who do 

I have just of as much right to complain about this game as anyone if not more with my purchases supporting the game.

if u dont like it dont ruin it for the people who do

This makes no sense. How am I ruining the game. I am expressing my complaints in the game. How is my complaints upsetting you that much? I was incredibly disappointed I assumed this game would be like the Korean version but nope it isn't. Down to the horrible marketplace and the p2w issues not to mention the botched story and content being already released in other regions being spread out. The huge amount of bots is annoying.

We provide complaints and criticism so they can and hopefully be addressed. We don't spam qq threads for no apparent reason. Im hoping in a few months or maybe a year B&S will shape up. These complaints are completely legitimate and warranted. People Paid for this game expecting better and we didn't get it. Instead we got a horrible p2w structure. Its important to support the game but the methods NC soft choose for us to do so is horrible design. The game is free to play yet it alienates so many users for playing due to its p2w structure. Its costume functionality is horrid. It sucks when you have to buy the same outfit on multiple characters on the same account. Is this game dying? I do not know. I know I and several players have lost extreme interest in the game. If this game continues its current route it will end up as just another asian style mmo that there are so many of.

There are a lot of game that people complained are "dying" you are correct they did not die but they are not in a great spot. DCUO nearly died. Its almost dying again so they have brought xbox on board and made all servers cross play. That is life support. Tera online was incredibly hyped. The it alienated many players for its censorship now its embraces releasing uncensored content but its isn't what it could have been.

and Yes I got what I paid for I just didn't get the game I thought I was paying for.

Archived