People who say BnS is dying

JinVarrelOP

they don't know what they are talking about.Explain how this game is dying?How can you decide it has been hardly be for one month.

People are complaining a lot or just like trolling.Yes the game needs some fixes but other than that its one of  the fewest MMORPG which succeeded of becoming one of the most popular atm.

If you think your Black Deset online or any other new MMORPG wont have any bot then you might think again.All mmorpgs have bots and nothing is to an exception.

Lastly,as NCsoft BnS wont be p2w and certainly it isn't p2w.Arena proves that and i like the pvp system a lot.You can whine all you about p2w games but BnS isn't one of them and if it is please prove it by making stronger points than mine.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find more ironic is that anyone who defends or even seem to just like BnS is labelled a "Fanboy" yet there are numerous individuals going around just spreading hate about BnS and how much better Black Desert is. I'm actually seeing more BDO "fanboys" than I do for BnS and this is an BnS forums. I get that people won't like this game but quitting would be far too easy for them. It's better to make a thread about how you're leaving, then stick around and shove BDO and conspiracy theories down people's throat. Everything is a "cash grab" and NCSoft is Satan reincarnated out to steal all of our first borns.

Having discontent with the game is one thing but these people going around seemingly trying to bring the game down because they don't like something (even if it's as simple as losing 1 pvp match or having to open 10 boxes for a weapon or something...) is actually rather sad. I do, however, like how I still see people that are "disgusted" with NCSoft still playing/posting though lol.

I'll go back to enjoying my game and I suggest you do as well OP. There's no reason to let people's negativity get to you (even if it isn't). Happy gaming!

9 minutes ago, Enamour said:

What I find more ironic is that anyone who defends or even seem to just like BnS is labelled a "Fanboy" yet there are numerous individuals going around just spreading hate about BnS and how much better Black Desert is. I'm actually seeing more BDO "fanboys" than I do for BnS and this is an BnS forums. I get that people won't like this game but quitting would be far too easy for them. It's better to make a thread about how you're leaving, then stick around and shove BDO and conspiracy theories down people's throat. Everything is a "cash grab" and NCSoft is Satan reincarnated out to steal all of our first borns.

Having discontent with the game is one thing but these people going around seemingly trying to bring the game down because they don't like something (even if it's as simple as losing 1 pvp match or having to open 10 boxes for a weapon or something...) is actually rather sad. I do, however, like how I still see people that are "disgusted" with NCSoft still playing/posting though lol.

I'll go back to enjoying my game and I suggest you do as well OP. There's no reason to let people's negativity get to you (even if it isn't). Happy gaming!

This man deserves an award.

Basically my thoughts summed up.

The game isn't dying that's true, but it isn't growing rapidly or in a healthy manner either. The reason why people state this is because of the way NCSoft handles support, issues, and the player base in general and I can believe them. The community has driven many people away so have the bans, but this happens in other games too, so I guess we just need to wait until later? 

You can't change anyone's opinions on here or anywhere else, because they usually stick to what they feel. I'm not trying to be negative here at all, so my bad if it comes off that way, but making threads like this will solve nothing at all. 

And people on the forums are indeed playing :)

11 minutes ago, Succubus Lilith said:

The forums will always be home to vocal hate while those who actually enjoy the game almost never so much as read posts.

Completely normal.

The people who enjoy a game won't talk endlessly on the forum about it.

You know what they are doing?

Playing the game.

your here.what's that say

1 hour ago, DrowningEarth said:

The game may not necessarily be dying, but current indicators don't bode well for it's long term success. Once the server merges start happening by the handful, you'll know it's too late to turn things around.

Server merges are absolutely par for course at this point.

2 hours ago, Enamour said:

Game's been out for 3-4 years, NA and EU only for 2 months now or so,lots of people already played other version of it,lots of people actually playing it cause there's no other MMOs coming out atm. Even if you're new to this game it gets boring pretty fast.

Gotta consider some people only like PvP (arena) some like only PvE and both of those are kind of small content. PvE becomes by the end of the day just repetitive daily questing for exp/gold. After that more or less people just farm moonwater tears to earn gold. You basically spend couple of hours only on farming gold in same short instance after you got your soulshields.

Even after march update it won't change much,people will just farm naryu lab in hopes of getting legendary box,this game doesn't offer much and if you only like arena aspect of the game then it gets boring even sooner,becomes like MOBA = repetitive,same map same enemy class rotation.

I'm assuming in your signature on forum that are your main and alt characters? sorry but if having fun in a  game is by making alts then there's something wrong with the game,and im not saying this just to you,i know lots of people who have many alts and many said when i told them i was bored,they told me : go lvl new class and have fun......

Not gonna do that just so i don't get bored in a game...

Now before you say anything or ask me why do i still play this game, Il just answer it ahead.

1. As i already said there's not really any other MMO out there that just came out for our region,not for my taste at least.

2. Im not hating the game im just saying that it lacks content in general and i know that a lot of people will leave soon as some better game comes out. Icarus Online,Revelation Online,Lost Ark,Bless Online. 

take your pick.

1 hour ago, Eladriel said:

Game's been out for 3-4 years, NA and EU only for 2 months now or so,lots of people already played other version of it,lots of people actually playing it cause there's no other MMOs coming out atm. Even if you're new to this game it gets boring pretty fast.

Gotta consider some people only like PvP (arena) some like only PvE and both of those are kind of small content. PvE becomes by the end of the day just repetitive daily questing for exp/gold. After that more or less people just farm moonwater tears to earn gold. You basically spend couple of hours only on farming gold in same short instance after you got your soulshields.

Even after march update it won't change much,people will just farm naryu lab in hopes of getting legendary box,this game doesn't offer much and if you only like arena aspect of the game then it gets boring even sooner,becomes like MOBA = repetitive,same map same enemy class rotation.

I'm assuming in your signature on forum that are your main and alt characters? sorry but if having fun in a  game is by making alts then there's something wrong with the game,and im not saying this just to you,i know lots of people who have many alts and many said when i told them i was bored,they told me : go lvl new class and have fun......

Not gonna do that just so i don't get bored in a game...

Now before you say anything or ask me why do i still play this game, Il just answer it ahead.

1. As i already said there's not really any other MMO out there that just came out for our region,not for my taste at least.

2. Im not hating the game im just saying that it lacks content in general and i know that a lot of people will leave soon as some better game comes out. Icarus Online,Revelation Online,Lost Ark,Bless Online. 

take your pick.

Why you play does not concern me. And if making alts in a game for fun is an issue, then that train of thinking is flawed. Reason being is that what's fun, regardless of the state of a game, is subjective. A person making alts for fun has no direct (nor strong) correlation to the state of a game in MOST cases (please note: most). I love arena as well then swapped to PvE. My reason for PvEing is to make money to buy more outfits. Simple as that. I also really enjoy the leveling process so it's actually fun learning and trying out new classes. I love the change in play styles my alts give me and I'm actually having a hard time choosing a main. Boredom is highly subjective and it's hard to really gauge how many people are actually bored and how many are just making alts to make them because they simply enjoy it.

On to content getting old, it's natural for it to be repetitive right now since it's been in NA for such a short time. I'm not saying you're implying this, however, it's not the best idea (to me) to just drop a ton of content on players that may have not had any experience at all. Introducing too much would leave players confused and frustrated. Even at our current rate, there are still complaints that we're getting updates too fast. Different things fit different people and while I understand what you're saying perfectly clear, I cannot help but think that you've ignored the other side of the spectrum and only presume that the vast majority do things out of boredom or are currently bored.

On to the latter part, I've played Revelation Online and it was...okay (just didn't fit my personal taste I suppose although the character creation was super awesome). I can't speak about the rest but I fee like new games coming out will always have the "Grass is greener" effect. To be frankly honest, at least for me, Revelation Online got boring super fast. Moonlight Blade, however, was interesting, but didn't captivate me like Blade and Soul does.

In conclusion, I'm personally quite happy with the game. Sure things could be improved but even with these new games that I really, really wanted to try coming out soon, I genuinely really love Blade and Soul. Perhaps you can consider me an outlier of sorts (or rather, a statistical anomaly if it fancies you), however, I do not feel that a vast majority share your or the like-minded's sentiments.

I'm sorry, but stating that the people who enjoy playing the game don't go to the forums or participate in the community is so dead wrong it ALMOST isn't funny. Most people can honestly do both if they have a dual setup, or hell, even when you just play outside of full screen. I do it all the time. You think I just sit here and post and don't play the game? I want my voice and opinions to be heard about a game I am truly enjoying, and I like to see where the community sits with the game, always. Community is the lifeblood of any MMO, whether you believe that or not. People want other people to at least be around, even if they don't want to party with them right that second.

So while I wait for poharan to spawn in, I check the forums. If I'm waiting for 3 minutes for one of my crafts to pop before I go into the CSD, I check the forums. If I get bored grinding my dailies, and I just need five minutes to look at something else, I check the forums. Honestly, with the technology we have it isn't at all hard to remain engaged in the community AND play the game.

All that being said, it IS worth mentioning that by the sheer number of people playing, There will ALWAYS be more people playing the game and not using the forums, then the ones who do both. That is just simple math. But it's wrong to assume that the people who come to the forums don't actually play, or that they only come here if they think there's a problem, or they need something.

There are all different kinds of people. Passionate players will always flock to the forums to share their passion and concerns on a shared hobby. Arguably, if you come to the forums EVERY day, and contribute something worthwhile, you probably actually REALLY REALLY like the game, and are trying to do other things to show support than to simply play the game and have fun.

5 minutes ago, Yuhika said:

Ooooo you played Revelation, I need to chat with you. @_@

If that's too me, I probably wouldn't be the best person to ask as I couldn't play extensively out of just getting super bored. The character creation was really cool (iirc you could have different color eyes as well) but it felt more like another jiggly boob game for me. With that said, I'd still recommend you give it a shot if you can get by without reading Chinese (unless you read it lol) or if it comes to NA. I can see it getting a decent player base perhaps here.

Just now, Enamour said:

If that's too me, I probably wouldn't be the best person to ask as I couldn't play extensively out of just getting super bored. The character creation was really cool (iirc you could have different color eyes as well) but it felt more like another jiggly boob game for me. With that said, I'd still recommend you give it a shot if you can get by without reading Chinese (unless you read it lol) or if it comes to NA. I can see it getting a decent player base perhaps here.

I'm looking at this site that translates a few of the things, probably outdated but maybe enough to fiddle with it.

Problem is if I do like it I'll probably just make myself sad lol.

23 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Why you play does not concern me. And if making alts in a game for fun is an issue, then that train of thinking is flawed. Reason being is that what's fun, regardless of the state of a game, is subjective. A person making alts for fun has no direct (nor strong) correlation to the state of a game in MOST cases (please note: most). I love arena as well then swapped to PvE. My reason for PvEing is to make money to buy more outfits. Simple as that. I also really enjoy the leveling process so it's actually fun learning and trying out new classes. I love the change in play styles my alts give me and I'm actually having a hard time choosing a main. Boredom is highly subjective and it's hard to really gauge how many people are actually bored and how many are just making alts to make them because they simply enjoy it.

On to content getting old, it's natural for it to be repetitive right now since it's been in NA for such a short time. I'm not saying you're implying this, however, it's not the best idea (to me) to just drop a ton of content on players that may have not had any experience at all. Introducing too much would leave players confused and frustrated. Even at our current rate, there are still complaints that we're getting updates too fast. Different things fit different people and while I understand what you're saying perfectly clear, I cannot help but think that you've ignored the other side of the spectrum and only presume that the vast majority do things out of boredom or are currently bored.

On to the latter part, I've played Revelation Online and it was...okay (just didn't fit my personal taste I suppose although the character creation was super awesome). I can't speak about the rest but I fee like new games coming out will always have the "Grass is greener" effect. To be frankly honest, at least for me, Revelation Online got boring super fast. Moonlight Blade, however, was interesting, but didn't captivate me like Blade and Soul does.

In conclusion, I'm personally quite happy with the game. Sure things could be improved but even with these new games that I really, really wanted to try coming out soon, I genuinely really love Blade and Soul. Perhaps you can consider me an outlier of sorts (or rather, a statistical anomaly if it fancies you), however, I do not feel that a vast majority share your or the like-minded's sentiments.

I did not say making alt is direct correlation of the game state,i simply wanted to say actually that a lot of players that i know are making alts cause there's not much to do except farming moonwater tears which means there's not much of end game content especially if you don't PvP . ( not even counting open world PvP cause only reason a small part of it happens is cause of faction quests for soulstones) so you can either farm same dungeon over and over or just make new characters...

I agree that boredom is subjective,again i simply stated that there's not much to do in game at some point.

Im actually on the same page as people who complain about getting new content too fast,even thou that's happening cause we need to close the gap between KR. Thing is that this is not  your everyday MMO,and even thou new patches bring new stuff in the end it basically comes down to farming same dungeon,in this patch is moonwater tears,in next it will be something else. Guess im disliking the game cause it's not such open world,there's no adventuring or anything similar,in 1 day of new dungeon you can basically get everything ( soulshields,tribute weapon etc) Only thing that actually slows a person down is low drop rate/rng of some stuff.

For me there's no feeling of reward when i finish dungeon,even when legendary weapon comes in march it wont be hard to get,it will just take long to get it cause of low drop rate. Every content is easy to do now, even BSH 4 man can be duo easily,not to mention video of summoner soloing it. And from what iv heard from experience people Naryu Lab that drops legendary isn't really hard,not to mention that you don't even need that legendary,you can basically wait for lvl 50 update ( which i assume will come soon ) and upgrade to legendary and save lots of gold cause it's more then enough to do every content. Which will probably most people do considering that the one that drops in naryu Lab costs 10k+ gold to upgrade to max,sure it's beats hongmoon weapons by a lot,but gain it's not needed for content and again it's no challenge it's just depending on how much gold you have. And having gold either depends on how much free time you have to farm,or simply sell NC coins for it....

Again im not hating the game,just there's no challenge. 

Hmm too bad if Revelation is like you said,considering it was said that it was mix of Aion and Blade & Soul i was kinda hoping it will be good,i spent 4 years in Aion and B&S is not bad,just lacks a lot of stuff for my taste in games,thought i would get that in Revelation cause it was said you need to travel around 20mins flying in straight line to get to end of map :)

5 hours ago, JinVarrelOP said:

they don't know what they are talking about.Explain how this game is dying?How can you decide it has been hardly be for one month.

People are complaining a lot or just like trolling.Yes the game needs some fixes but other than that its one of  the fewest MMORPG which succeeded of becoming one of the most popular atm.

If you think your Black Deset online or any other new MMORPG wont have any bot then you might think again.All mmorpgs have bots and nothing is to an exception.

Lastly,as NCsoft BnS wont be p2w and certainly it isn't p2w.Arena proves that and i like the pvp system a lot.You can whine all you about p2w games but BnS isn't one of them and if it is please prove it by making stronger points than mine.

BnS is p2w because of premium membership and currency exchange. Not that i believe it affects how fun the game is because i have just as much fun playing as a premium member as i did a non premium member. Its also not as p2w as some games like Archeage and SWTOR.

Archived