why i see less and less everyday?

stevow1

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 0:09 AM, Windy said:

I'll tell you what will happen,very shortly.Has happend to other NCsoft games and last one (wildstar ) was even a good game ; ppls were smashing servers to play ,everyone super excited and super happy ...was great fun lvling ..then bam ..end lvl strikes with boring quests ,lack of guidance for end players ,lack of pugs pty cooperation in quite of hard dungeons and more even attunements for raids..wich discouraged new players .Also the bugs striking all over ,(eg: you do a hard contract and at end of it ,your points GOT RESETED-and well NCsoft had no fix or workaround ,and the quests rewards has never returned to ones that lost them...Gold sellers and bots farming the pvp zone messed up the game ,giving the newcomers a bitter taste.PPls lag that much that they crashed at end of killing World Bosses,remaining with NO REWARD after this ,or even worse ,clearing a dungeon 1 h or more ..at end server lag,no loot for the unlucky ones.. At some point ,at end game you had nothing much to do and was really very very boring . Heads up here ,the things going in that direction somehow-wish it didn't...

U are aware that NCsoft have Nothing to do with any of the games progression? they are simply actual servers to run the games published by other games??..

Carbine was the one creating Wildstar.. not NCSoft its servers simply supported the game, Carbine killed Wildstar, NCSoft did force em to release early threatening to abandon them, which forced a rushed finishing which caused many proiblems that carbine weren't ready for, but the death of the game was Carbines incapability to actually fix the errors fast enough to stop it burning the PvP Population who swiftly abandoned the game and refused to ever return..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting really tired of this shit. I've played Tera for 2 years, Archeage for a year+, Lineage II for 3+ years and World of Warcraft for 8+ years just to name a few mmos and in the korean ones I've played there we're always a shit ton of people making "games dying, seeing less people etc etc" posts and the thing is, that's not happening. It never happened in all the time I spent playing Lineage II, Tera and Archeage, all 3 amazing korean mmorpgs, all 3 still amazing to date.

In the end, people need to stop making posts like this, BnS is NOT dying, it's not losing people, Infact, my bf and I came here a few weeks ago (Yunwa) and its amazing, full of people everywhere I go even though my servers one of the low pop ones. I expect BnS to be a HUGE success. I do wish it's open world pvp was like tera, archeage and Lineage II however... People hiding behind uniforms away from pvp really sucks...

Dont know what happend,but couldn't type anything in post above,only way to fix it was to submit it like that lol.

Anyway, @TaurinFox about your statement that people are hiding behind uniforms from PvP. I think majority of people don't do open world PvP cause 1st it's very unbalanced,and even if it wasn't the FPS drop that most players have when there's more then 10-15 players is unplayable for PvP.

I myself have pretty decent PC but my FPS just goes downhill even when trying to do faction daily and other factions attacks us at NPCs. Game is just badly optimized,i played AIon sieges with 200-300 ppl at the same time with normal FPS,but this game is just mehh.

On 19/02/2016 at 8:35 PM, stevow1 said:

So.. everyday i get online i see less and less people playing. is this really happening? the game dying already? i mean i love this game but its becoming a little p2w game and i hate this kinds of games. right now its not thattttt p2w but after watching other threads and talking about selling legendary weps for 400kgold now thats p2w. im thinking of going back to ffxiv. not hating tho. 

Oh, p2w because someone said something I don't know where.....

Yea, THE GUY is always right and know everything.

Stop making wrong assumptions. The game is VERY FAR from dying.

The grind is a little too much, between the locks and seals and RNG boxes just makes it worse.  BnS is designed around players that can play or want to play MMOs for 4-8 hours a day (or more). Most of us can't, won't or don't do that.

Some of the things to make the extra money are ridiculous like paying for inventory, yes, yes inventory management, unfortunately I want to play BnS not inventory manager 2016. Over $150 to unlock a characters inventory is beyond crazy. Fine they need to make money but at least give premium members a VERY steep discount (not the paltry one in place now) on dragon pouches or an option to just unlock your entire inventory per account.

On top of that there's a conga line of bots and AFKers everywhere you go. The game almost says "yes come bot and AFK because we have a loot and bid system that pretty much says you will benefit more from NOT playing the game than actually playing it". Not to mention the inability to vote kick afks and bots.

It's a good game but they need to get a handle on some of these problems VERY quickly. 3 friends started about 2 weeks after I did at headstart, all gone, too much grind they say and I see exactly where they coming from. RnG and mundane things like keys and unsealing charms do not in any way make the game challenging, only tedious.

1 hour ago, TaurinFox said:

I'm getting really tired of this shit. I've played Tera for 2 years, Archeage for a year+, Lineage II for 3+ years and World of Warcraft for 8+ years just to name a few mmos and in the korean ones I've played there we're always a shit ton of people making "games dying, seeing less people etc etc" posts and the thing is, that's not happening. It never happened in all the time I spent playing Lineage II, Tera and Archeage, all 3 amazing korean mmorpgs, all 3 still amazing to date.

In the end, people need to stop making posts like this, BnS is NOT dying, it's not losing people, Infact, my bf and I came here a few weeks ago (Yunwa) and its amazing, full of people everywhere I go even though my servers one of the low pop ones. I expect BnS to be a HUGE success. I do wish it's open world pvp was like tera, archeage and Lineage II however... People hiding behind uniforms away from pvp really sucks...

Agree BnS is not dying. It's still have enough player base. But, it does losing people. The queue is prove of that.

BNS is arena oriented MMORPG. It's built around the arena and the promise of eSport. The open world PVP is not much for the standard of PVP-MMORPG, there's no Archeage Naval Battle or GW2/ESO Castle siege. 

BnS is good at arena, and with enough control and supervision on bots and hacking it might be great. But all other feature like open world PVP, or crafting, they're mediocre. 

2 hours ago, TaurinFox said:

I love these kind of people... Blind and delusional only seeing what they wanna see and nothing else. I can't sit here with a straight face and say the game isnt dying. I login everyday at the same time and do the following Nightshade, E Fleet 24 Man... Now 2 weeks ago this area was packed with people outside and inside the instance. Currently there's what.... 3-4 people standing outside AFK and my party with afew solo's inside the instance ( hell sometimes i cant even find a party ) requiring my team to go and kill all the bosses 3 times to spawn final boss not a big deal but clearly the player base is diminishing.

Sure it could be around for another 5 years and you'll probably still be playing but when it's just you and bots in game...

1 hour ago, UnitedStrafes said:

The grind is a little too much, between the locks and seals and RNG boxes just makes it worse.  BnS is designed around players that can play or want to play MMOs for 4-8 hours a day (or more). Most of us can't, won't or don't do that.

What kind of bullshit is that? Your not forced to play a determined amount of time. You dont have to do every thing every day. OFC this would slow you down but so what?

12 minutes ago, Damienjp said:

I love these kind of people... Blind and delusional only seeing what they wanna see and nothing else. I can't sit here with a straight face and say the game isnt dying. I login everyday at the same time and do the following Nightshade, E Fleet 24 Man... Now 2 weeks ago this area was packed with people outside and inside the instance.

I love this kind of people you know what? On my server its still full/empty as it was a few weeks ago. Maybe your not just not smart enough to grasp the situation. your like those guys In 2008 they said World of Warcraft is dying. Same in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 and you know what? People are right. The game is dying since 2008 but its a very slow progress. Same will happen to this game, but that doesnt mean its over in a few weeks. Ofc people leave the game thats a natural thing especially in the begnning. But the amount of people will stabilize in the next weeks. I cant sit here with a straight face and read so much bullshit in your completly clueless posts which are only about "oh no the game is dying already itll be over in a few weeks".

3 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

I love this kind of people you know what? On my server its still full/empty as it was a few weeks ago. Maybe your not just not smart enough to grasp the situation. your like those guys In 2008 they said World of Warcraft is dying. Same in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 and you know what? People are right. The game is dying since 2008 but its a very slow progress. Same will happen to this game, but that doesnt mean its over in a few weeks. Ofc people leave the game thats a natural thing especially in the begnning. But the amount of people will stabilize in the next weeks. I cant sit here with a straight face and read so much bullshit in your completly clueless posts which are only about "oh no the game is dying already itll be over in a few weeks".

Im sorry but when i cant even find a party and sometimes have to solo these 24 man area's which mind you are the lastest updates excluding mushin tower then yea the game is dying.. Like i said when its you and bots still playing the game what would you call it ? Blooming and on the uprise ?

Go do dungeons.. BOTS, pvp... BOTS... Hell was just doing Misty Woods Daily would take me afew secs but wait im still here waiting 10 mins later cus i cant kill the damn minions cus... Ohhh wait BOTS:

mkUNmQ3.jpg

9 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

He didn't say that the game will be over in a few weeks. He said few weeks ago there are a lot more players.  Considering it's age, it is very possible there are alot more players few weeks ago. One months ago we have server packed full of queue.

As long as the game have a certain amount on playerbase it won;t die. The problem is can this game find its niche of player. Will that niche of players leave the game before NCSoft managed to fix its many problem ? optimization and bots are the main one. 

I understand optimization will require developers tinkering. But bots, why not resort to manual patrolling and banning like in other games ? Even if sometime it's not effective and only as PR, it can help to reduce the discontent.

Note: WOW and EVE won't die, ever. They are already legend.

15 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

I love this kind of people you know what? On my server its still full/empty as it was a few weeks ago. 

No its not, and those of us being realistic are tired of shit like yours as well.  "Game is still packed, game isn't dying, all my friends are still here".  No it's not and no they're not.  Stop making up crap, the game is losing players like crazy.  Being in denial doesn't change reality, bns is a sinking ship.  Get mad all you want but that's the facts.

8 minutes ago, BOMBFIRST said:

gtfo of here with that. 10g in 1 hour? LOL. This guy is straight trollin.

If you calculate the price of soulstone, It's possible. I think daily faction (without Blackwyrm and killing other faction players) can be done in less than 1 hour.

Anyone whining about "not having enough time" needs to probably just quit MMOs altogether. The whole point of MMOs is to spend time. I'm a University student with a job and I'm still keeping up with this game's content without playing every chance I get. It's not hard. (I also play FFXIV and LoL on the side)

@BOMBFIRST Mushin's Tower Dailies + Poh 24 is already pretty much 7g, and together they shouldn't take more than 45 minutes.

Moving back to the topic: Threads like these pop up every week in every MMO regardless of the population. Mushin still maintains 12+ channels in Misty Woods and dungeon queues are still pretty much instantaneous. Obviously some people have quit. That inevitably happens when a new game launches and everyone tries it. Some may even be taking a break waiting for new content, such as Warlock which people made a big stink about not being available at release. Chill.

23 minutes ago, Rief said:

If you calculate the price of soulstone, It's possible. I think daily faction (without Blackwyrm and killing other faction players) can be done in less than 1 hour.

Yea it may be possible selling soulstones I guess but considering you need 100+ soulstones on True Siren+, it kind of defeats the purpose since everyone needs money pretty much to upgrade. But I guess this is the only real way to make a quick buck that fast if we are strictly talking money.

If you tought the game wouldnt loose people in the first months your the guys who are not realistic. the happens in every mmo. But your interpreting in wrong and you suck arguementing. Check World of Warcraft Subscribers over 15 year, the game looses millions of players in the first months after every addon its normal.

10 am in morning While in World of Warcraft you can barly do 5 mans

Blodeshade harbor has 3 Channels full of People already doing the daylies. Good enough for me.

Multiple reasons for this effect you experience actually.

1. the hype train has stopped. You see this in every mmo nothing new really. There are allot of MMO-Hoppers that simply go from one to the next. What they are looking for no idea but i do know every mmo has these in the initial rush. This is actually a very big group.

2. Preformance. Some players have hideous preformance in this game and altho they will play awhile at one point the framedrops and stutter gets to them and they quit.

3. Unsatisfied with customer care/support. Which i sadly can understand a bit. Although i do not experience most troubles and have not made reports yet i have seen allot here on the forums that where very disappointed so most likely a few of those left.

4. I joined one of the first servers and i do believe the "initial" servers are still the ones populated most because it's filled with people that waited a long time for the game.

5. Forced PVP at end-game. I think this is a big turnoff for allot of people. I can relate to that i actually dislike that part aswell, but work with what is given to me. Still for some this will be a reason to leave.

6. Overall very toxic community. I'm a friendly person, with a pretty thick hide, but if your simply friendly this community is very very uninviting. Just look around on the forums you will find examples plenty. Yet another reason to leave.

7. Not to much end-game sofar. I mean it's pretty much poh and bsh. Sure you could say 4,6 and 24 would make 6 dungeons, but in the end it's simply 2 with slightly different mechanics and more hp,damage. We will get new content really soon, but if you are impatient that would be another reason to leave.

8. Reach max gear upgrades etc. these are people that most likely will come back when new content arrives still for now they are gone from boredom.

I could go on and on, but in the end i don't believe the game is really dying. It is however not ment for everyone. Very casual unfriendly enviroment so to speak and lets be honest most gamers are actually casuals. Oh well i'll just keep on playing and see what happens, if it lives good! if not ... oh well on to the next.

19 minutes ago, Rawrzori said:

I could go on and on, but in the end i don't believe the game is really dying. It is however not ment for everyone. Very casual unfriendly enviroment so to speak and lets be honest most gamers are actually casuals. Oh well i'll just keep on playing and see what happens, if it lives good! if not ... oh well on to the next.

This is exaclty why people leave in the first months, some just dont like the game, some are done with content, some cant cope with the the problems the game brings. After those are gone the game will stablize. I dont like the world "casual" the WOW community transformed it from " a guy who plays 3-7 hours a week" to " a guy who plays on a daylie base and wants everything in the first month without effort" The game is released now for 5? Weeks and there are already people with max gear. Hows that not casual enough there is plenty time left to max till till 50er content.

2 hours ago, Tomoyo said:

Anyone whining about "not having enough time" needs to probably just quit MMOs altogether. The whole point of MMOs is to spend time. I'm a University student with a job and I'm still keeping up with this game's content without playing every chance I get. It's not hard. (I also play FFXIV and LoL on the side)

@BOMBFIRST Mushin's Tower Dailies + Poh 24 is already pretty much 7g, and together they shouldn't take more than 45 minutes.

Moving back to the topic: Threads like these pop up every week in every MMO regardless of the population. Mushin still maintains 12+ channels in Misty Woods and dungeon queues are still pretty much instantaneous. Obviously some people have quit. That inevitably happens when a new game launches and everyone tries it. Some may even be taking a break waiting for new content, such as Warlock which people made a big stink about not being available at release. Chill.

I'm a person that can finish mushin and both the 24 pirate instances . and please do not lie about 45 minutes.

For a person that has problems and dies in Mushin.. only that alone takes 45 minutes.

For a person that can clear it, it takes 20-25 minutes and ofc . not die . etc.

The 2 pirate instances of 24... take around 1h Each... it highly depends on the last boss.. if you are lucky or not.. sometimes it can take up to 2hours if your don't change the room.. so.. again.. get it right.

And lets add to it the Faction quests .  that can take 30 minutes if you have a group and you get to finish them nice and fast and ofc without problems from the other faction .. adding ofc the +10 pvp's.  and that you need to run around to find them and not in a zerg so you dont get wiped and not to be forced to change the room.

Doing this .. all the above..can take up to 4 hours, and  how about I add the 4-6 man instances . 1h each so it would be  +2 more h.  that is if you get lucky ofc and not fail and pray people dont live the party and you pray that you find a person that will not leave the party as soon as he will noticed that you failed at X boss.

Let's add that you will have to spend all this time .. around 6 hours .  and ignoring +1 more hour for dailys .. and lets add another 1 or even 2 hours if you play with friends and need to wait for them, or maybe you just need to step out .. or watch a movie . or just relax from work.

It dosent even come close to 45 mins . lol lol lol ...

Just now, Waynedetta said:

This is a good thing isnt it? No one forces you to do everything. Having more content than you can complete leaves you the choices to just do what you enjoy.

I guess. and since mushin is solo, and the faction quests if you have a friend you dont rly care if there are less players or not ( the down side is that if 1 leaves.. his mates will fallow ) .. and you can just get a friend with free time on his hands and make another caracter to 45 in the other faction and . bam.. +10 pvp.

The 4-6 man instances we have the cross-server.. and this saves the game , I dont think people will complain about not finding a party.

The only real problem is the 24 man... and the 9 bosses that need to die .. that's about it.

Archived