[PVE] NO optimized game at all

Shukran

melee classes ARE not capable to do all the pve content RANGED classes can.

sad disparity.

i cannot do terrors and blackwyrm.

i7 920

gtx 770

6gb ram

win7

FPS = 5-7

i removed all the shiny stuff. i removed characters by ctrl+F. i even removed any names or player id. i see myself alone against terror or blackwyrm

FPS = 5-7

i just tried to click on the option to play "low end pc". small screen , pixels, i can barely see BW or terrors.

FPS = 5-7  (and maybe lag)

how in the world i am meant to just take advantage of pve content if i cannot even stand to it?

how do i do 1% damage if i have no way to run from mobs?

it is 2016 guys. if your developers are bad, hire someone else.

Well the OP is right. the game is still heavily unoptimized. i cannot do Blackwyum nor terror on my Sin and i have 16 GB of RAM, 960 GTX, 3.6 Ghz + 2TB  I74990. 

i get 4-6 fps and i even run it on the lowest settings with 640 x 840 resolution.

I have terrible input lag and fluctuating fps whenever I get into a group. I also cannot fight Junghado without getting tons of lag as well. I have tried to work with NCSOFT support on more than one occasion with 0 results. I love this game but I just can't play it. I definitely won't be spending another dime on it till this shit is fixed.

33 minutes ago, Shukran said:

sad disparity.

i7 920

gtx 770

6gb ram

win7

FPS = 5-7

i removed all the shiny stuff. i removed characters by ctrl+F. i even removed any names or player id. i see myself alone against terror or blackwyrm

FPS = 5-7

i just tried to click on the option to play "low end pc". small screen , pixels, i can barely see BW or terrors.

how in the world i am meant to just take advantage of pve content if i cannot even stand to it?

Do you have an SSD ? This fixes lots of loading issues .

How are you guys having performance issues?  You know this game released in 2012 right?  Development began in 2010.  It has been optimized...  Probably several times over.  The localization doesn't somehow magically undo all that.

I know the performance issues are real, but I'm not sure you can blame the game for it -- at least not the engine.  I also wouldn't bother asking for more optimization than what we already have.  Could it be connection related?  Are you guys in EU?  I understand the server arrangement for EU players still has you guys hitting NA servers for a lot of in-game resources, including logon/authentication.  Have you experimented with drivers and settings?

Some people suggested to have the old directx 9.0c so might be 1 reason why the game is not as optimized for you and btw you can have many directx installed on your pc since newer version don't remove older 1.I came from everquest so wasn't a problem for me since it also works best with 9.

I think some of you guys are exaggerating lol...

I have GTX 960, 8 gb ram, i5 4gen; which is more or less the same as some of you guys claiming to have 5 FPS on lowest settings...

I have 20 FPS on MAX settings. ALL at level 5...while also having other programs running like music, discord, and chrome...I also have it fullscreen dual monitor display...

while 20 FPS is still pretty damn bad and hard to dodge anything as a melee, it's definitely not 5 fps...

I don't really care if you're exaggerating or not, it's your loss not mine. Update your drivers and windows version, and dump out all the trash applications you might have.

Also I'm assuming you have desktop because if you have laptop well...what did you expect lmao.

59 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

How are you guys having performance issues?  You know this game released in 2012 right?  Development began in 2010.  It has been optimized...  Probably several times over.  The localization doesn't somehow magically undo all that.

I know the performance issues are real, but I'm not sure you can blame the game for it -- at least not the engine.  I also wouldn't bother asking for more optimization than what we already have.  Could it be connection related?  Are you guys in EU?  I understand the server arrangement for EU players still has you guys hitting NA servers for a lot of in-game resources, including logon/authentication.  Have you experimented with drivers and settings?

Mid Tier set up (poor man's PC)

AMD Radeon HD 7650M

8 GB RAM 600GB HDD

Core i5, Dx11-12 (windows 10)

2.8ghz 1440 x 900 display HD TV

Ping  50 -70 week days, 60- 90 week ends

Average FPS 48 - 55 (All regular pvp and pve)(Max settings)

Average FPS in Raid Boss fights 20 - 30 (up to 12 players or two grps)

Average FPS in Raid Boss fights 5 - 0 (over 12 players)

Like others, I've tried all types of in game graphic specs and tricks, nothing works when it gets a lot of players at raid boss fights. I feel it comes down to: 

1). An inferior korean netcode applied to NA's massive service region, we're talking over 3,000+ miles. 

2.) Inferior quality of servers purchased by NCwest, that cannot handle that many inputs in that region of the boss combined with handling every thing else.

3.) We're sharing servers with another MMO such as Maple Story & Dragon Nest are over at Nexon (god help them)

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

AMD Radeon HD 7650M

8 GB RAM 600GB HDD

Average FPS 48 - 55 (All regular pve and pve)

Like others, I've tried all types of in game graphic specs and tricks, nothing works when it gets a lot of players at raid boss fights. I feel it comes down to: 

1). An inferior korean netcode applied to NA's massive service region, we're talking over 3,000+ miles. 

2.) Inferior quality of servers purchased by NCwest that cannot handle that many inputs in that region of the boss combined with handling every thing else.

3.) We're sharing servers with another MMO such as Maple Story & Dragon Nest are over at Nexon (god help them)

oh dear god, are you that guy from dragon nest....http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fmember.php%3F38675-ChickenSandwich%26nxid%3D62

In a blackwyrm raid is indeed a pain, especially for a sin... (not all the melee classes have problems)

I just gave up completely on it, i excel on other stuff so i can't complain .

The only suggestion, if you have an ssd and you want the game to run faster, you have to get it on that ssd.

At least you're getting rid of the slow loading screens if the ssd is any good. Cant wait to get my hands on a PCI ssd.

Anyway, back on topic. Blackwyrm is a pain and is not your pc is the optimization...and is what you can expect from any mmorpg where the raid is over 100+ players 

(Don't you dare tell me about lineage 2 or WoW those games had years of optimization) 

23 minutes ago, Intone said:

I don't really care if you're exaggerating or not, it's your loss not mine. Update your drivers and windows version, and dump out all the trash applications you might have.

Also I'm assuming you have desktop because if you have laptop well...what did you expect lmao.

so stop bitching.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

AMD Radeon HD 7650M

8 GB RAM 600GB HDD

Average FPS 48 - 55 (All regular pvp and pve)(Max settings)

2.) Inferior quality of servers purchased by NCwest, that cannot handle that many inputs in that region of the boss combined with handling every thing else.

You seem to be leaning towards network-related causes.  That's kind of the direction I was thinking too.

How many cores in that CPU?  Does it have HT?

Your graphics card is fine, windows 7 is fine.

6Gb ram is not really much. If you have a few programs / tools running in the background, they will fill up fast and when there is no ram left the computer needs to write everything on your harddrive, which is SLOW. 

One other thing i notices is that your processor is not very strong in single core performace. It has 2.6ghz, with boost 2.9ghz. I run the game on 4.2ghz, and since most games will only use 1-2 cores for their main activities, a high single core performance helps greatly with gaming. If you know how to and have the appropriate cooling hardware, try overclocking it (or if you have a K version, raise the boost in bios).

I'm assuming that you dont have a lot of stuff running in the background of course. You should check your ram and cpu before entering the game, the cpu should not be used at all (like 1% maybe) when you dont play, and  ram should be around 2gb or so for windows. If one of them is drastically higher, something is eating your performance.

Other than that it could be broken hardware, but since that's really hard to detect... well, contact the support. That's their job.

On a note: while it's true that the game is not well optimized, the performance you have definitely is of other origin.

3 hours ago, Shukran said:

sad disparity.

i7 920

gtx 770

6gb ram

win7

FPS = 5-7

FPS = 5-7

It's your computer causing it, not the game

3 hours ago, Intone said:

I think some of you guys are exaggerating lol...

I have GTX 960, 8 gb ram, i5 4gen; which is more or less the same as some of you guys claiming to have 5 FPS on lowest settings...

I have 20 FPS on MAX settings. ALL at level 5...while also having other programs running like music, discord, and chrome...I also have it fullscreen dual monitor display...

while 20 FPS is still pretty damn bad and hard to dodge anything as a melee, it's definitely not 5 fps...

Either that or they are just really bad with computers, built them wrong or have a bunch of crap running on them. I have played on 2 different i5 systems, one with a GTX 670 and the other with a GTX 970 and both of them run the game perfectly. When there are a lot of people on the screen at the same time of course the fps plummets but that is any mmorpg with decent graphics and what the option to hide other characters is for.

It's how the game is optimized.

i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz

16GB Ram

GTX 970

Only thing running is TS and BnS

I was SITTING back at Blackwyrm because simply watching them raid drops FPS to 5-10 due to unknown reasons.  Game suddenly freezes here and there --- This only occurs AT Blackwyrm, anywhere else I get steady framerates and the game doesn't freeze or jitter at all.

Archived