Party bonus on grab skill dilemma

Shantalah

Hi!

So I am wondering which is better on grab,the +crit or the defense reduction. I haven't done any testing ,but for me the defense reduction seems to be the better choice since everyone is stacking crit like crazy anyway ,I am just not sure that -50% defense transalates to 50% more dmg(which would be awesome =P).

So what do you guys think?

No need for defense reduction. Excluding a few bosses, -50% defense does not translate to 50% more dmg.

First things first, at least for 45 cap (and I'm pretty sure for 50 cap its 20% as well), no bosses have higher than 20% defense.

I forget the exact math behind it, but it was either

1) Defense can't be negative, and since most people have on average 10% penetration, getting the -50% defense translates to only (Since boss now goes from 20% to 0% defense, but we already did damage to boss as if it had 10% defense with 10% penetration) 10% more damage. Having infinite chi is more useful.

2) -50% defense is applied multiplicatively, meaning that its -50% of 20% ( - .5 * 20% = -10%), so it's as if the boss now has only 10% defense. But again, since we already had 10% penetration on average, we again only do about 10% more damage. So again, having infinite chi is more useful.

Archived