Help me solve RANDOM crashes

Mistica

I'm currently level 21 and this game has been randomly crashing an average of every 15 minutes. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes the game lets me play for an hour. The game just says "there was an error with the client" and asks me to send a report, which I do every time. I would gladly buy a Premium membership if I could get this solved. I'd love to be dedicated towards this game but I can't when it crashes every 15 minutes. Here are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Windows 7

Here is everything that I've tried so far, I'll add to the list as we think of things:

- Uninstalled/reinstalled Blade and Soul
- Updated all drivers.
- Closed all non-vital processes and services except for Microsoft, Nvidia, and AVG processes
- Adjusted all in-game settings to play on very low, maximum, and everything inbetween.
- Tried windowed mode
- Uninstalled Google Chrome
- Uninstalled/reinstalled Blade and Soul again
- Defragmented the computer
- Stopped all non-vital services including most of Nividia's services other than the core graphics drivers required to run the game.
- Uninstalled all antivirus software. YOLO (I then reinstalled AVG since the random crashes continued anyways)
- Made an exception for the entire Blade & Soul folder for both Windows defender, and AVG.

Many people have been having this issue, along with low FPS and whatnot. Apparently it's because the game is old and doesn't use the "full power" of your computer or something. You COULD try submitting a ticket to the support, but don't expect much, really...

On 2/19/2016 at 11:27 AM, Mistica said:

I'm currently level 21 and this game has been randomly crashing an average of every 15 minutes. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes the game lets me play for an hour. The game just says "there was an error with the client" and asks me to send a report, which I do every time. I would gladly buy a Premium membership if I could get this solved. I'd love to be dedicated towards this game but I can't when it crashes every 15 minutes. Here are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler:
Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Windows 7

Here is everything that I've tried so far, I'll add to the list as we think of things:

- Updated all drivers.
- Closed all non-vital processes and services except for Nvidia and AVG processes
- Adjusted all in-game settings to play on very low, maximum, and everything inbetween.
- Tried windowed mode

That is a crap ton of effort for a single game . . . I use to be in the tech field, odds are it is not your system.

This game should never have been released and when I was working for Blizzard Entertainment we'd say this was 'unplayable' therefor would not release it.

On 21.02.2016 at 5:26 AM, Mistica said:

closes to windows with a screen to submit an error report to the game company.

Lucky you... for me (and some ppl in other thread) it CLOSES entire pc (turns it off) or shows black/green/blue etc screen on monitor and freezes pc for good (only hard reset helps) from what ppl said it can happen form 5 mins to 5 h playtime and you never dont know when itll happen(it crashed my pc (turned it off) after 2h playtime). And fps drops are driving me mad too(started 2-3 patches/minipatches ago)....hey 4 man dung other ppl chars turned of....walking towards portal...bam from 110 fps to 10 for few steps (dont even ask about boss fights)

Xeon E3-1230 v3 3,3

16 gb Ram

Radeon 7970 OC

MSI Z87-G55 Intel Z87

Win 7 Ulti x64

@Edit

forgot sometging game started crashing aorund 20 Januarys patch. And im in touch with support about this first they wanted me to reset my TCP/IP and turn off services then updating drivers (updated all drivers and some w7 updates and it helped.....for 1 week when ive played max 2 h per day) and now theyve asked me to run game repair, Atm my cash stoped flowing to ncsoft and im thinking more and more about droping out because whats the point playing a game that crashes my pc (other games can run for hours and they wont crash and especially wont crash my entire pc)?

So i wonder if anything will change with constantly dc from game? Most of the time i dc about 10 times per hour which is quiet annoying because cant do anything in game (even stupid quests). Sometimes i dc even before i log. Im kinda tired of that and trying to do anything to fix that (and no, its not because of my pc or either connection)

On 2/19/2016 at 2:27 PM, Mistica said:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

Windows 7

- Updated all drivers.
- Closed all non-vital processes and services except for Microsoft, Nvidia, and AVG processes
- Tried windowed mode
- Stopped all non-vital services including most of Nividia's services other than the core graphics drivers required to run the game.
- Uninstalled all antivirus software. YOLO (I then reinstalled AVG since the random crashes continued anyways)
- Made an exception for the entire Blade & Soul folder for both Windows defender, and AVG.

I gave up on this. I have the same issue. I'm under the mercy of the game. Depending on the mood of the game, i can go 2-3 out without crashing. On a bad day, my computer shuts down every 1 to 10 minutes into the game.

I wrote a ticket to gm. I deleted all Razor software, reformated my computer 4 times, bought new mouse and downgraded Windows 10 to Windows 8.1. The game still crash my computer. It's like going into a circle with GM. They told me to do all the check file check, delete software, file check again, delete some more software, file repair, file check again.... it never ends.... Totally gave up with GM's help. I either have to suck it up or use my old crappy laptop. I've lost so many battles in arena because i keep getting crashes. 

57 minutes ago, Antirave said:

I also want to add that the game NEVER crashed on me during beta or the first 2 weeks of release. This happened after the first stupid patch update. 

same here...worked perfectly ( heck ive played 2 days for 8h (counting breaks but i didnt turn of the game....queues) to make 45 ;]) after a patch around Jan 20 game started crashing my pc and after last 2-3 patches im getting weird fps drops in places that should not happen. We need to wait IF they ever fix this or well....just go to another game or region (CN has crap ping but TW is around 200 from eu so its kinda possible to play there)

Archived