Jump to content
Forums

So BNS User reviews are bad...


voodooblade

Recommended Posts

It seems BnS User reviews and critically have been mixed. Most leaning toward average or bad. Especially the User pool. Now while I normally say critics don't dictate what you buy. One can't help but wonder what the +52% approval rating from users (Not IGN, users)will do to the MMO in the future with there being such a huge polarization of reception, in an already saturated market. I don't think this is due to the game persay...But NCSoft poor communication/management. That being said the game has plenty good, and plenty crap. However I think the biggest reason people are leaving, isn't just technical issues, or mismanagement. But because the community is pretty toxic. I actually miss the gold bots, because they kept the constant insensitive post away from me. Anti Gay, racist, sexist all around bigoted comments, coupled with the foul stench of one gold players bloated Hubris (For example). 

 

For those that don't know, the number 1 reason a F2P MMO becomes crippled or dies is due to the power of perception....or word of mouth. Countless players stay away from AA because how bad everyone did and does talk about it. Despite it being somewhat improved...(Still crap though IMO) And while AA isn't doing poorly it definitely lost a lot of it's base and will never recover into a true powerhouse. Bad launch+no communication from devs to community+ Poor word of mouth+ the games issues will definitely hamper this products growth and success. 

 

So the point of this thread is to ask, do you feel NCSoft shot themselves in the foot by their actions? Do you think the community isn't also helping? do you think the power of word of mouth and perception will limit if not prevent growth? Now I don't want any Fan boys screaming :"BnS best eva no way, dem idiots ned 2 git gud guuuur NCSoft let me orally please you." If you don't agree fine, but please be intellectual with it, not some ranting child. Also if you have another concern relay that as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen two MMO's with great communities.

 

PSO2 and Shin Megami Tensei Online (NA version is what I played)

 

Everyone was always helping each other out and working together. I NEVER saw insults or anything on global chat.

 

Dunno what it is about those two games but the communities are just really mellow and helpful.

 

Maybe it's the type of game. PSO2 and SMT online encourage team work heavily. Leveling solo on those games is tedious and inefficient in fact.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

*NCsoft is a bad Publisher in the first place not the game itself.

*Bad customer service, bad planning and bad oversee in general those are reasons to drive large player base away (ton of players base only like to read review from other websites and words of mouth, checking official forum then decide to play it or not)

*Also, F2P game usually come with bad in game community chat and ppls get annoyed then leave the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yuhika said:

I've only seen two MMO's with great communities.

 

PSO2 and Shin Megami Tensei Online (NA version is what I played)

 

Everyone was always helping each other out and working together. I NEVER saw insults or anything on global chat.

 

Dunno what it is about those two games but the communities are just really mellow and helpful.

 

Maybe it's the type of game. PSO2 and SMT online encourage team work heavily. Leveling solo on those games is tedious and inefficient in fact.

 

 

Star War galaxy had a great community. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe NCSoft did mess it up a little here. The game itself isn't bad, but all the bugs, localization, greed and screw ups in it makes it seem like they put in no effort. The automated responses to issues make the players feel distant from the company as well and I've hated that since I first played one of their products, Aion.

 

They always take a good game and find a way to toy with it in such a way that they've earned a reputation for messing up good games. Aion at launch was great, but the game is kinda...dead now. People lost their accounts and got hacked and all they said was 'make a new one' or 'delete the hacked character'. They kinda do it to themselves and earn that 52% rate on B&S. I don't dislike them and I do appreciate that they are working on this, even if it's taking a while. 

 

The community is this game is horrible and players have no sense of common courtesy or respect. Because it's an online game they act like this but in real life oh jeez. I've seen worse to be honest, but it was never this persistent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yuhika said:

I've only seen two MMO's with great communities.

 

PSO2 and Shin Megami Tensei Online (NA version is what I played)

 

Everyone was always helping each other out and working together. I NEVER saw insults or anything on global chat.

 

Dunno what it is about those two games but the communities are just really mellow and helpful.

 

Maybe it's the type of game. PSO2 and SMT online encourage team work heavily. Leveling solo on those games is tedious and inefficient in fact.

 

 

IMO pso2 only has good community right now because well, us NA have to play on the JP version of the game where we don't want to annoy the JP players, there's a lot of spread not to screw them off.

 

But some of the mechanics in that game will immediately be exploited by NA players if it ever gets released here, infact that already happened to SEA.

 

In games in general I don't really care about chats, I mean, it's just text. Who cares what people say. If someone insults you, why should you believe what they say?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kromede said:

*NCsoft is a bad Publisher in the first place not the game itself.

*Bad customer service, bad planning and bad oversee in general those are reasons to drive large player base away (ton of players base only like to read review from other websites and words of mouth, checking official forum then decide to play it or not)

*Also, F2P game usually come with bad in game community chat and ppls get annoyed then leave the game.

 

It makes sense to do so, MMO's are a time sink and money sink sometimes. And before you spend hours waiting fro the download, and days/weeks leveling. You might as well see what the people think. We do that all the time, if al your friends said After Earth sucked, you probably wouldn't go see it in theaters. And trust me if someone ask a question in their discord or ts or whatever, and someone says "BnS is broken, toxic, and bad service." Most would probably think twice. After all there are like 20 big mmo's to choose from nowadays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

 

IMO pso2 only has good community right now because well, us NA have to play on the JP version of the game where we don't want to annoy the JP players, there's a lot of spread not to screw them off.

 

But some of the mechanics in that game will immediately be exploited by NA players if it ever gets released here, infact that already happened to SEA.

 

In games in general I don't really care about chats, I mean, it's just text. Who cares what people say. If someone insults you, why should you believe what they say?

 

Given enough time, Even a gentle creek can cut through a mountain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't vouch for most User reviews, but for critics reviews. I find them really unfair because your reviewing a 2012 release contents wise game for 2016 with all new current generation MMO's. However, first impression is everything and I see how some of the localization (meaning how they change some of the system to cater towards westerners way of thinking/experience/playing) could of have gone the wrong direction. I also believe some misguided information on Users reviews are also bad, they're explaining Bidding system incorrectly saying it's not fair for the rest of the team, or costumes doesn't matter therefore making game pointless, as some of these reviews are only from 2-3 hour of playing, the list can go on but the main point is. What we have is a game from 2012, we can't think backwards, but we need to understand things will have to take time to progress from future updates. I remember Everquest was like that, the old contents before the DLC are literally boring and crap, and then the game changed to a whole new level after the DLC were introduced. NCSoft will have to deliver their promises for the so call "Intense updates" they have announce awhile back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XenoSword said:

I can't vouch for most User reviews, but for critics reviews. I find them really unfair because your reviewing a 2012 release contents wise game for 2016 with all new current generation MMO's. However, first impression is everything and I see how some of the localization (meaning how they change some of the system to cater towards westerners way of thinking/experience/playing) could of have gone the wrong direction. I also believe some misguided information on Users reviews are also bad, they're explaining Bidding system incorrectly saying it's not fair for the rest of the team, or costumes doesn't matter therefore making game pointless, as some of these reviews are only from 2-3 hour of playing, the list can go on but the main point is. What we have is a game from 2012, we can't think backwards, but we need to understand things will have to take time to progress from future updates. I remember Everquest was like that, the old contents before the DLC are literally boring and crap, and then the game changed to a whole new level after the DLC were introduced. NCSoft will have to deliver their promises for the so call "Intense updates" they have announce awhile back.

The fallacy in the "It's behind" argument is people are going to experience what is out now. Not what will be. And what changes did they make for westerners? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

 

IMO pso2 only has good community right now because well, us NA have to play on the JP version of the game where we don't want to annoy the JP players, there's a lot of spread not to screw them off.

 

But some of the mechanics in that game will immediately be exploited by NA players if it ever gets released here, infact that already happened to SEA.

 

In games in general I don't really care about chats, I mean, it's just text. Who cares what people say. If someone insults you, why should you believe what they say?

Oh I don't I'm the type to troll the troll or amuse myself with a mock debate until they realize I don't care, or if they're actually that stupid I'll just amuse myself on that.

I don't care in the least what some nerd across the world I don't know thinks of me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs of this game have been some of the most vocal in terms of responding and answering questions directly in my experience. Most mmos I don't even feel like GMs exist in the game aside from cash shop updates. This one is different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give you my honest oppinion. They actually did a few good things (i keep saying this but its true). One of them being adding servers with the initial rush, but the ammount of bad they are doing is ... staggering and multiplying fast. From the top of my head:

 

1. (personal gripe thats why its one) The arena lag. They refused to put the EU pvp arena in germany just like the open world server. This is creating lags and all sort of funny stuff. I won't go in detail since i have done that a few times already. I simply half know and half guess its not standing next to the open world server.

 

2. The optimization patch making the game choppy for some people. It helped some and screwed others while some remain uneffected.

 

3. The loot system in cross server that still hasn't changed. I mean this thing should simply be set in stone. Don't let anybody change it easy.

 

4. The leecher you can't kick in cross-server. I have no easy solution for this so willing to give them some time here. Still it's horribly annoying i simply refuse to move untill i see everybody is gonna participate. We as players can only stop that for now i suppose. Maybe only let people roll that actually did damage throughout the dungeon ?

 

This is from the top of my head and there are more issues laying around with people not having costumes back they should have, titels, nccoin problems etc etc etc. This list is getting longer and longer. All while they respond with static awnsers that are politically correct but fail to give you a actual awnser to your question. 

 

So if you ask me are they shooting themselves in the foot ? No man they are blowing both their legs clean off at the moment atleast thats how i see it.

 

All in all i love the game and will keep on playing it, but refrain from investing too much. I'm no doompreacher, but i'm getting wet feet already on this ship ... Will stay till it sinks though, together with my white knights who are sadly blinded by faith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Enamour said:

The devs of this game have been some of the most vocal in terms of responding and answering questions directly in my experience. Most mmos I don't even feel like GMs exist in the game aside from cash shop updates. This one is different.

 How much did they pay you? because you are the first person, in all the net and on any server who has publicly stated this. Either you are a lair, never played an MMO before, Fan Boy, Self deceived or the 1 in 2 million who actually saw a Mod. The only Mod I saw locked a thread regarding hacking because his name was shown in the video. He then proceeded to scold the op, and the hacker is still playing today. Seriously you can look him up if you're Mushin.  and I am not referring to the websitenamed guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rawrzory said:

I'll give you my honest oppinion. They actually did a few good things (i keep saying this but its true). One of them being adding servers with the initial rush, but the ammount of bad they are doing is ... staggering and multiplying fast. From the top of my head:

 

1. (personal gripe thats why its one) The arena lag. They refused to put the EU pvp arena in germany just like the open world server. This is creating lags and all sort of funny stuff. I won't go in detail since i have done that a few times already. I simply half know and half guess its not standing next to the open world server.

 

2. The optimization patch making the game choppy for some people. It helped some and screwed others while some remain uneffected.

 

3. The loot system in cross server that still hasn't changed. I mean this thing should simply be set in stone. Don't let anybody change it easy.

 

4. The leecher you can't kick in cross-server. I have no easy solution for this so willing to give them some time here. Still it's horribly annoying i simply refuse to move untill i see everybody is gonna participate. We as players can only stop that for now i suppose. Maybe only let people roll that actually did damage throughout the dungeon ?

 

This is from the top of my head and there are more issues laying around with people not having costumes back they should have, titels, nccoin problems etc etc etc. This list is getting longer and longer. All while they respond with static awnsers that are politically correct but fail to give you a actual awnser to your question. 

 

So if you ask me are they shooting themselves in the foot ? No man they are blowing both their legs clean off at the moment atleast thats how i see it.

 

All in all i love the game and will keep on playing it, but refrain from investing too much. I'm no doompreacher, but i'm getting wet feet already on this ship ... Will stay till it sinks though, together with my white knights who are sadly blinded by faith.

It's a shame, I do pray they wake up. I am NA and I go from 13 ms to 90 in arena. Which is BS. I get 15-19 ping on tera when I played it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, voodooblade said:

It's a shame, I do pray they wake up. I am NA and I go from 13 ms to 90 in arena. Which is BS. I get 15-19 ping on tera when I played it.

 

Even the NA goes up ? Well ... i would almost say we play on the same server and it's placed somewhere in the middle. I really like the game i really do, but i refuse to white knight it when some things are clearly not going they way they should. I wish more could simply say that instead of blindly defending it. I wish i could defend it blindly, but woke up too early.

 

Edit: I have the doompreachers vision, but the white knights passion. Oh the contradictions in life D: ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

My old forum account got banned for making a harsh but clearly frivolous comparison, not even using profanity. Till this day I have yet to hear a response.

 

We were told no RNG boxes and are now being force-fed them.

 

If I was to give a review about Blade & Soul i would not give a positive one.  Why? #1 was a stab in the back and #2 showed NC Soft's true colors. Will I support the game? Yeah, as long as I don't see more RNG boxes plaquing the market, yeah, I'll buy their gamble-loop-hole-proprietary currency called NC Coin. Will I recommend the game or give a good review? No, I would say "stay the hell away from this drek called NCSoft".  

 

I was so close with filing a complain with BBB (you should see just how well they listen to people there, oh my god!) but buried the hatchet instead. One forum account is banned because an admin was an overzealous prick, but no real harm done.  RNG boxes... whatever, I hate them and will vote with my wallet (already spend several hundred on this game). Is the aforementioned issues worth declaring a war on the publisher by going to BBB? Nah, I've seen worse. Am I happy? No.  Will I recommend this game? No. Do I support it by monetary contributions? Yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rawrzory said:

 

Even the NA goes up ? Well ... i would almost say we play on the same server and it's placed somewhere in the middle. I really like the game i really do, but i refuse to white knight it when some things are clearly not going they way they should. I wish more could simply say that instead of blindly defending it. I wish i could defend it blindly, but woke up too early.

 

1) Select task manager, click performance tab, go to bottom click resource manager.

 

2) once window pops up, select networking tab, check client.exe, scroll to tcp connection. watch your ping outside of arena. go to arena dn watch it bloat. Not as bad as EU, but it's still there. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, voodooblade said:

 How much did they pay you? because you are the first person, in all the net and on any server who has publicly stated this. Either you are a lair, never played an MMO before, Fan Boy, Self deceived or the 1 in 2 million who actually saw a Mod. The only Mod I saw locked a thread regarding hacking because his name was shown in the video. He then proceeded to sold the op, and the hacker is still playing today. Seriously you can look him up if you're Mushin.  and I am not referring to the websitenamed guy.

Jesus the toxicity lol. It's ok if you find it hard to believe but you do not have to slander me.

 

I'm getting this information because I've had 3 GM replies to my support tickets, I get numerous answers on Twitter from babbletr0n and even Hime has replied to me twice (albeit not about any issues) here on the forums. The more funny thing is that when anyone mentions anything positive, becomes inconceivable and we're relegated to being a "Fanboy" when we only share our personal experiences.

 

In other games, I rarely saw GMs even try to respond over ANY means of communication. This is from my experience personally. On PWI, there were literally only cash shop updates after a while. On Rappelz, it was literally only CS updates as well (that game was so P2W), GW2 was the closest I've seen that had people reply and make statements (GM wise) but after a while it felt like I was left in the dark. TERA felt like there was no one there to answer any questions except maybe on their stream at times. I didn't get much service while I played Vindictus and even the GMs when I played Aion a bit didn't say much. So of course, when I ask a question and get a reply within even 30 minutes on twitter, it's a good sign. Hell, even my refund 2 days ago was REALLY fast.

 

To add to this, when servers were overloaded, they added more servers. Back when I tried a few other games at launch that had issues (Cabal 2 comes to mind right now), nothing was really done. The game still ran crappy and a lot more people than I am seeing here had FPS issues. The game basically felt unplayable for me. There was no promise or even a mention of optimization for any game I've tried to my knowledge EXCEPT this one. I wasn't told "this will happen soon" and actually have it happen until I played this game.

 

Does the game have glaring issues? Of course! What game doesn't? Am I going to use that as an excuse for the way some things are right now? Hell no. But I see no point in pointing out something that's already in the works (optimization and loot issues come to mind right now).

 

Also, Lock6 and Yaviey are SUPER active. I remember observing that almost every single evening, Yaviey would be answering questions, almost on clockwork. Even when s/he did provide what I felt was a decent answer to some of the questions, it was met with hostility, like most posts here.

 

If you'd like to preach that things are beyond terrible, then be my guess. I have no qualms and I have no intentions of stopping you. But do remember that what you may perceive as an absence may not truly be the case (in simple terms, it's all relative).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Jesus the toxicity lol. It's ok if you find it hard to believe but you do not have to slander me.

 

I'm getting this information because I've had 3 GM replies to my support tickets, I get numerous answers on Twitter from babbletr0n and even Hime has replied to me twice (albeit not about any issues) here on the forums. The more funny thing is that when anyone mentions anything positive, becomes inconceivable and we're relegated to being a "Fanboy" when we only share our personal experiences.

 

In other games, I rarely saw GMs even try to respond over ANY means of communication. This is from my experience personally. On PWI, there were literally only cash shop updates after a while. On Rappelz, it was literally only CS updates as well (that game was so P2W), GW2 was the closest I've seen that had people reply and make statements (GM wise) but after a while it felt like I was left in the dark. TERA felt like there was no one there to answer any questions except maybe on their stream at times. I didn't get much service while I played Vindictus and even the GMs when I played Aion a bit didn't say much. So of course, when I ask a question and get a reply within even 30 minutes on twitter, it's a good sign. Hell, even my refund 2 days ago was REALLY fast.

 

To add to this, when servers were overloaded, they added more servers. Back when I tried a few other games at launch that had issues (Cabal 2 comes to mind right now), nothing was really done. The game still ran crappy and a lot more people than I am seeing here had FPS issues. The game basically felt unplayable for me. There was no promise or even a mention of optimization for any game I've tried to my knowledge EXCEPT this one. I wasn't told "this will happen soon" and actually have it happen until I played this game.

 

Does the game have glaring issues? Of course! What game doesn't? Am I going to use that as an excuse for the way some things are right now? Hell no. But I see no point in pointing out something that's already in the works (optimization and loot issues come to mind right now).

 

Also, Lock6 and Yaviey are SUPER active. I remember observing that almost every single evening, Yaviey would be answering questions, almost on clockwork. Even when s/he did provide what I felt was a decent answer to some of the questions, it was met with hostility, like most posts here.

 

If you'd like to preach that things are beyond terrible, then be my guess. I have no qualms and I have no intentions of stopping you. But do remember that what you may perceive as an absence may not truly be the case (in simple terms, it's all relative).

 

Wow, you've never had  a ticket responded to in an MMO? I have never not had a ticket responded to in an MMO since Uo Mundanes legacy launch. 

 

Also you should read I listed many possibilities, including the 1 in 2 million. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, voodooblade said:

 

Wow, you've never had  a ticket responded to in an MMO? I have never not had a ticket responded to in an MMO since Uo Mundanes legacy launch. 

 

Most tickets I've sent in games (including Tera) took anywhere from 3-4 days up to 10 day to 2 weeks for 1 response (excluding the automated response). On Tera, it look 6 days to get a response for me and 10 days for the issue to fully be resolved. This was actually my most "positive" experience regarding a ticket prior to this game. Here, I sent a ticket off before going out in the morning, came back in the evening and saw I had gotten my response followed by my NCoin refund 2 hours later or so.

 

I will say that not all tickets are fast but I do still get replies. Regarding a ticket I sent about the server transfer, in which I only asked for a refund instead of my character moved, it took about 10 days total if I remember correctly to have things fully resolved. It went from "24 hours your NCoin will be returned" up to "Wait 72 hours" and that's when I was like "Na lemme pm someone about this". After that, I had a GM reply to my ticket instead of random "Bobs" and "Franks" and got my refund back then.

 

Perhaps I've just been really lucky? I've seen some legit issues that didn't get solved for people and some of the responses left a bitter taste in my mouth without it even being my own issue (an issue where someone couldn't play and support constantly telling them it was their hardware comes to mind). Just personally for me, it has been more of a positive ride so far rather than a negative one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Enamour said:

 

Most tickets I've sent in games (including Tera) took anywhere from 3-4 days up to 10 day to 2 weeks for 1 response (excluding the automated response). On Tera, it look 6 days to get a response for me and 10 days for the issue to fully be resolved. This was actually my most "positive" experience regarding a ticket prior to this game. Here, I sent a ticket off before going out in the morning, came back in the evening and saw I had gotten my response followed by my NCoin refund 2 hours later or so.

 

I will say that not all tickets are fast but I do still get replies. Regarding a ticket I sent about the server transfer, in which I only asked for a refund instead of my character moved, it took about 10 days total if I remember correctly to have things fully resolved. It went from "24 hours your NCoin will be returned" up to "Wait 72 hours" and that's when I was like "Na lemme pm someone about this". After that, I had a GM reply to my ticket instead of random "Bobs" and "Franks" and got my refund back then.

 

Perhaps I've just been really lucky? I've seen some legit issues that didn't get solved for people and some of the responses left a bitter taste in my mouth without it even being my own issue (an issue where someone couldn't play and support constantly telling them it was their hardware comes to mind). Just personally for me, it has been more of a positive ride so far rather than a negative one.

 

Then I feel bad for you. However when i said NCSoft not talking to the community. I mean thins like EU latency fix. Or posting on the forums to common issues having threads created every hour. This generates the illusion if not truth, that you don't care for your community. And an MMO lives, and dies by it's community. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...