Why should I play NCsoft game game?

sirkeldron

Recently I downloaded the game (Blade and Soul) to give it a try.

Instantly I realized that both my Linage II accounts were gone. After a small search I found out that because of a migration, the accounts were deleted.

Money for buying the game (twice), money for dozens of subscriptions (every month), countless hours of gameplay simply were gone!

You guys (NCsoft) gave us Aion and we bought it. We supported you every month with our subscription.  A game that could have been the best MMORPG ever. After a short amount of time, there was no Admin in game, no game support. The game became full of cheaters that no one banned them. Finally the game ended up in Gameforge.

Your history so far prove, that you are untrustworthy as a game company.

So my question is very simply: why should I play another game of yours?

No, I won’t. I simply uninstalled the game. Since you don’t respect the people that made you what you are, you can play your game (this and the future ones) in your company building in Lan mode (at least, as as far as I am concerned).

Best regards

Sir Keldron

well i think NCSOFT own you explanation as well as lifetime premium or something, PM support, i believe they can do thing or two...

if my WoW account will be deleted one day i will never gonna step on Blizzzard sign games.

I know I won't play another NCsoft game. I loved B&S in the betas but now that it's out iv found it too be a total cash grab with several very annoying changes. NCsoft really needs to read the complaints and change things or they won't have much of a player base soon

6 minutes ago, Drakor said:

I know I won't play another NCsoft game. I loved B&S in the betas but now that it's out iv found it too be a total cash grab with several very annoying changes. NCsoft really needs to read the complaints and change things or they won't have much of a player base soon

Unfortunately, at this point I believe we'll only get good MMO's when this current generation of devs is replaced by fresh new devs.

Fresh new devs that have passion and come fresh as veteran MMO players and have learned the very simple and logical way to treat customers.

I honestly don't get why things are hard, make a good product and the money comes, make a happy playerbase and the money stays. It seems like companies are willfully ignorant to basic consumer kindness to the point where they're willing to have just a small temporary playerbase of which a few shell out a ton of money and eventually quit to be replaced later.

Cold hard business I'm afraid.

Otherwise lootbox items would be released in tiered sales later on, loot would be dropped and specific to the player (nobody else could see it or grab it and they couldn't see or grab anyone elses) GM's would be in game and passionate and changes to content would be discussed on the forums with devs and players.

It's not a dream, it's just devs these days don't care, they're not willing to make a great game, only a passable business.

11 minutes ago, Drakor said:

NA-Ncsoft can't do anything, really. They can forward our complaints, but something tells me they won't do an efficient job of categorizing and summarizing them. Since OB on Aion the staff generally seem disengaged from actual game play and class mechanics. Odds are they'll hear our complaint, poorly summarize them with a mix of forum quotes and their own take on what that means for the game, forward them to korea, have the idea either flat out denied or altered in a way that although the change was good, they've now introduced two or three new ideas along with it that are just steps backwards.

That is ncsoft. Not hearing complaints and fixing them.

3 minutes ago, Yuhika said:

Unfortunately, at this point I believe we'll only get good MMO's when this current generation of devs is replaced by fresh new devs.

Fresh new devs that have passion and come fresh as veteran MMO players and have learned the very simple and logical way to treat customers.

I honestly don't get why things are hard, make a good product and the money comes, make a happy playerbase and the money stays. It seems like companies are willfully ignorant to basic consumer kindness to the point where they're willing to have just a small temporary playerbase of which a few shell out a ton of money and eventually quit to be replaced later.

Cold hard business I'm afraid.

Otherwise lootbox items would be released in tiered sales later on, loot would be dropped and specific to the player (nobody else could see it or grab it and they couldn't see or grab anyone elses) GM's would be in game and passionate and changes to content would be discussed on the forums with devs and players.

It's not a dream, it's just devs these days don't care, they're not willing to make a great game, only a passable business.

From working at a technology company, I wouldn't really put the blame on the devs so much.  They are just given specs and sent to go do work and they are required to have it done in a time frame.  They get another spec and rinse and repeat.  The issue comes down to the company itself making the decisions, devs just do what their boss tells them to, they are never involved in decision making processes.

4 minutes ago, Aquel said:

From working at a technology company, I wouldn't really put the blame on the devs so much.  They are just given specs and sent to go do work and they are required to have it done in a time frame.  They get another spec and rinse and repeat.  The issue comes down to the company itself making the decisions, devs just do what their boss tells them to, they are never involved in decision making processes.

You're right. Apologies to the devs for my accusation.

In any case hopefully devs will go toward self funding and self run companies that are smaller but don't have anyone compromising quality for BS.

1 minute ago, Yuhika said:

You're right. Apologies to the devs for my accusation.

In any case hopefully devs will go toward self funding and self run companies that are smaller but don't have anyone compromising quality for BS.

Just like you mentioned with the future generation of devs, I think the future will be like this as the current younger generation starts to become adults and enter the real world.  We have various development tools popping up all over the place for giving people tools to build games and it will only expand from how it is now.

• NCSOFT

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that personal attacks have no place on the forums. If you are unable to discuss this topic without resorting to insults this thread will be locked and disciplinary action will be taken where appropriate.

If you feel that another forum user is being abusive towards others, please report the relevant posts and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2016 at 11:04 AM, sirkeldron said:

Recently I downloaded the game (Blade and Soul) to give it a try.

Instantly I realized that both my Linage II accounts were gone. After a small search I found out that because of a migration, the accounts were deleted.

Hold up, stop.  Let me get this straight.  So if you subscribe to a new NCSoft mmoperger, it wipes your accounts linked to old NCSoft mmopergers?  Because of migration?!

That's patently absurd.  So there's no legacy platform or something for NCSoft's most active game?  There's just no way.  Lineage alone continues to generate revenue equivalent to NCSoft's next four most successful mmopergers, including Blade & Soul.  Without Lineage, NCSoft would probably be cooked, and their hideously sordid chapter in gaming brought to a whimpering close.

Logically, I find this hard to believe if not outright impossible, but at the same time, I don't think you have a reason to lie...  but that would be an unbelievable gaff on the part of NCSoft though...  what is even going on?

I find it pretty unbelievable there is anybody at all attacking this guy, because if what he's saying is true, NCSoft fumbled real bad, and if anything, this would be one of the highest priority bug reports NCSoft has ever received.  But I guess some people are just that oblivious.

On 1/3/2016 at 6:50 PM, Meerkat said:

I find it pretty unbelievable there is anybody at all attacking this guy, because if what he's saying is true, NCSoft fumbled real bad, and if anything, this would be one of the highest priority bug reports NCSoft has ever received.  But I guess some people are just that oblivious.

My dear friend Meerkat

The migration happened in 2015. Every one got an E-mail about this migration saying that, log in and updating personal info is required (or something like this, I didn't actually read this e-mail), or the account(s) will be lost !

In my case, since I have played countless games all those years, my e-mail inbox is pretty often full of advertising mails.

So I probably deleted this specific e-mail. I couldn't imagine that a game company such as NCsoft, would delete my 2 accounts for ANY reason!

Worst case scenario could be, to miss a good offer or a gift, not loosing everything!

Man has walked on the moon, and this company can't transfer accounts that people have paid for, either to buy or to subscribe every month (not to mention the countless hours of game-play that spent there).

We made this company what they are today by supporting them ever since they started early in the 2000's and that's how they thank us.

So, in simple words:

NCsoft? never again !

On 3/1/2016 at 11:50 AM, Meerkat said:

Hold up, stop.  Let me get this straight.  So if you subscribe to a new NCSoft mmoperger, it wipes your accounts linked to old NCSoft mmopergers?  Because of migration?!

That's patently absurd.  So there's no legacy platform or something for NCSoft's most active game?  There's just no way.  Lineage alone continues to generate revenue equivalent to NCSoft's next four most successful mmopergers, including Blade & Soul.  Without Lineage, NCSoft would probably be cooked, and their hideously sordid chapter in gaming brought to a whimpering close.

Logically, I find this hard to believe if not outright impossible, but at the same time, I don't think you have a reason to lie...  but that would be an unbelievable gaff on the part of NCSoft though...  what is even going on?

No no no. There was a Migration literally years ago (Like 2013/14) that had to do with account unification. We were given like 6 months of warning and constant notices about doing it. Numerous emails, constant ingame notice, plastered allover the website and account page. I've long since forgotten about the specifics involved but after a certain time period the migration was forced and some things if abandoned and not updated were purged. 

As for the stuff regarding Aion, he's way off base and not even close to accurate. The EU version of Aion was a disaster, but the NA version was great (up until post 4.0). 

Archived