So, warlock is coming March 2

Aimscoes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

Just as I and others (cynically) called it.  Warlock was held back and reserved for the sole purpose of trying to steal the thunder from other games. So petty and unbecoming of NC West.  They should be ashamed.

BDO had thunder?  Who knew?

3 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

Just as I and others (cynically) called it.  Warlock was held back and reserved for the sole purpose of trying to steal the thunder from other games. So petty and unbecoming of NC West.  They should be ashamed.

Common practises kid, have a look at WoW they pump out expansion after expansion just before a new big-hit gets released. 

Can I just say how fantastic it is that they're giving us a free extra slot so we can make one?

3 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

That's just it. WoW has regular releases and expansions — it is not outside of their norm.

Technically, this is their second expansion so far. To say that there won't be more - and regularly... I don't really buy that.

3 minutes ago, noodelwoman said:

Can I just say how fantastic it is that they're giving us a free extra slot so we can make one?

Technically, this is their second expansion so far. To say that there won't be more - and regularly... I don't really buy that.

I'm happy that they are pumping out new things on a regular basis and really hope it continues 

1 minute ago, YonHyakuNiju said:

isn't this game allowed to have regular releases? 

IS it regular?  More to the point: Why was Warlock's schedule not released before BDO's?  Why was this dropped on us all of a sudden, only after BDO's plan was released -- when we've been asking for months when Warlock was going to be released?  And as for the rationale for why it was being held back, we were treated to excuses that it was technically too difficult to implement too soon after BnS launch and that we might have to wait until Summer at the earliest.

No, this smells, and you know it does.

Just now, Metamancer said:

IS it regular?  More to the point: Why was Warlock's schedule not released before BDO's?  Why was this dropped on us all of a sudden, only after BDO's plan was released -- when we've been asking for months when Warlock was going to be released?  And as for the rationale for why it was being held back, we were treated to excuses that it was technically too difficult to implement too soon after BnS launch and that we might have to wait until Summer at the earliest.

eh could careless

at least they are trying to keep the game enticing to people they would be stupid not to have saved something special to use against BDO......

just like when ps4 says hey we have a new system coming out! xbox is usually like hey guys we have a new system to BUT we will add these features that ps4 won't have!!! (or the other way around...I do not play either of them just my husband but that is what I notice when a new one comes out)

2 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

I'm not that hyped for warlock so I won't be making such a big deal out of this, but games have the right to compete with each other. If you're such a fan of BDO and think that these kind of practises are not allowed or unfair in any way then maybe you should just go and play the CBT2 currently ongoing.

Doesn't bother you?  FINE.

It just confirms a precedent that NC West will artificially withhold content to manipulate their customers. You can like it or not.  But those who want to play the fool, continue to accept the BS being fed them and continue to defend their tactics are now shown to have no leg to stand upon.

1 minute ago, Metamancer said:

It just confirms a precedent that NC West will artificially withhold content to manipulate their customers. You can like it or not.  But those who want to play the fool, continue to accept the BS being fed them and continue to defend their tactics are now shown to have no leg to stand upon.

you mean what basically every company does to stay ahead of the competitors?

heck even Walmart/bestbuy/clothing stores/ect all do.... No company gives everything out front they hold things back to entice people to stay and shop/game with them....

honestly the practice is nothing new...

You know what else?  Stores don't sell chocolate shaped like bunnies all year round!  They only sell them around Easter to exploit people who were fooled into celebrating a pagan fertility ritual.

Two other thoughts:

1- People obviously think they're very clever for seeing through NCWest's "devious" marketing ploy.  Whatever gets you through the night, I guess.

2- If they had not released new content, people would complain about how far the game was.

15 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

8 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

Because that is how every business works in this world of ours.

In the East they have all the patches and the game up to date, yes, but with each release they did the same thing (if i am mistaken correct me). BnS like any other game of any other company it's a ware they have to sell, and they want their invesment to give them money. How? Keeping users inside the game. The MMO community in these days has players who burn a game in the shortest time possible. Leveling up, crafting, achievements, you name it. And when they are all done with it, they will move to another game or just cry in the forums because "there is not enough content" for them to play. This is happening in every single MMO right now, and companies cant keep up with that.

And even if that's not the reason they are going to do it anyway because that it's how the market works. 

Welcome to the world.

kids, this is called competition. the very thing capitalism is based upon.

welcome to the real world.

God forbid they'd want to have some sort of control of their customers. 

With that being said, I'm pleasantly surprised warlocks would come this soon to West. 

Maybe we'd get the soul fighter by summer?

16 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

8 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

you mean what basically every company does to stay ahead of the competitors?

heck even Walmart/bestbuy/clothing stores/ect all do.... No company gives everything out front they hold things back to entice people to stay and shop/game with them....

honestly the practice is nothing new...

The competition is not the point.  The point is that NC West artificially withheld content from its customers for the sole purpose of having a "new" trinket to offer when a supposed competitor came along.  It is petty and shows not only shows they fear the competition, but hat they will lie and retain fixes, patches, expansions and new features until they feel forced to do so, just to be able to compete.  In the mean time, all of the players who have been asking for months about Warlock are asked to just twist in the wind.

12 minutes ago, Metamancer said:

The competition is not the point.  The point is that NC West artificially withheld content from its customers for the sole purpose of having a "new" trinket to offer when a supposed competitor came along.  It is petty and shows not only shows they fear the competition, but hat they will lie and retain fixes, patches, expansions and new features until they feel forced to do so, just to be able to compete.  In the mean time, all of the players who have been asking for months about Warlock are asked to just twist in the wind.

ok soooo what your telling me is that NCSoft is like every other company??

oook cool...

Just now, RavTH said:

whats bdo? I know whats dbo but bdo? wtfux?

Black Desert Online. I have check it a little and watch a couple of videos. It's more PVP oriented than BnS with the usual skill/button rotation each game has. Very good graphics, but i dont like the games with class/gender lock even if i can customize them.

Do you get mad if a product you bought goes on sale later? I mean they could have had the sale all the time! I like McRib, but don't hate Mcds for only having it limited times. NCsoft said the lock was ready and they only needed to flip the switch, so why raise this concern now?

Also, as a corporation, their number one concern is profit for shareholders.

Just now, Squint said:

Do you get mad if a product you bought goes on sale later? I mean they could have had the sale all the time! I like McRib, but don't hate Mcds for only having it limited times. NCsoft said the lock was ready and they only needed to flip the switch, so why raise this concern now?

Because the forums were to peaceful without flame wars.

Archived