Real money blockade

Xephier102

I'm not even top level yet(about 10% off) and I can see already that it is not going to be possible to progress without either playing the game until my fingers bleed or spending real money. The damned moonwater transformation stones are 6g a piece and I need nearly a dozen of them just for my current upgrades and another 7-8g for upgrade fees. I tried out mushin's tower since it's one of the only things I have left to do that isn't just spamming repeat quests  or running dungeons and apparently it's supposed to be soloable but not without spending a shit-ton of gold because in my current gear awakened infernal staff stage10(took a while saving just to get the moonwater transformation stone and I'm still working on getting the gold so I can upgrade it) and awakened necklace stage 10 and earing/ring stage 9(all of which take a ridiculous amount of stuff/gold to upgrade). 

Anyways so I tried out the first floor of mushin's in current gear and got spanked bad. I couldn't even get one of the guys down more than 15% before they slaughtered me, the damn archer 2 shotted me. Granted I can see logically that I need to upgrade my gear before doing this zone but due to the amount of tranformation stones and other materials and such that I will need just to do this and being a F2P player, I don't see this happening anytime soon. 

I can understand the company wanting people to put money into the game but this is total BS. The endgame turns into a total cash grind or spend real money for NC coins and buy gold. What gets to me is that this is the most fun mmorpg I've played since everquest 2 in the early days and to have it spoiled in such a manner (running around grinding repeatables for money and getting outbid on anything I need in dungeons because people can load their ingame wallets with real money is just no fun at all). P2W FTL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no cash grind. You're just bad. I went in with similar gear and cleared all the way up to the 7th floor before having a real problem. There are attacks that will deal massive damage that you must deal with using iframes or just simply not getting hit by it in the first place, but none of the opponents really have anything that's never been seen before. Or if they do, it has a hell of a windup until that 7th floor, which is meant to be a grind until you can basically do the fight blindfolded. It has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with player skill.

Mushin's Tower is completely doable in your current gear, although getting 1 more upgrade to profane wouldn't hurt since the buff is nice. The thing to note is that player skills is tested there and you actually have to know your class and/or the fights to do well. You can CC most of the bosses and should be chaining CC as well as avoiding any aoe they put down. I suggest watching youtube videos to actually learn the fights since people have done it in most gear brackets already.

As a side note which class are you? I could def tell you how to breeze through with your eyes closed if you play KFM!

Well, if you don't plan and doing the same stuff everyday you might as well just stop playing. The game is about doing dailies for gold and upgrading gear with it. You can't play till your hands bleed because there isn't enough stuff to do in a day and you are capped to 40 dailies each day.

So, unless you sit on the AH to make gold off fools, you can make around 10g a day in 2-3 hours, just doing dailies (poh24,bsh24, poh4/6, bsh4/6, Mushin Tower and Faction).

Take it easy, no need to play all day. I usually only do Mushin, bsh24 and Faction, and thats enough to improve my stuff a bit every day =). Do not see it as if you could junp 3 weapon transformations in a week, cause then is when you think its impossible to improve anymore.

3 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

It has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with player skill.

If the thing can 2 shot me then it has to have at least some to do with gear. Otherwise I'm supposed to block/avoid almost every hit. Bit difficult when fighting a ranged attacker and your blocks/dodges are on CD.

7 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

There is no cash grind. You're just bad. I went in with similar gear and cleared all the way up to the 7th floor before having a real problem. There are attacks that will deal massive damage that you must deal with using iframes or just simply not getting hit by it in the first place, but none of the opponents really have anything that's never been seen before. Or if they do, it has a hell of a windup until that 7th floor, which is meant to be a grind until you can basically do the fight blindfolded. It has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with player skill.

Preach, tell the maggot the truth!

idk just sounds like you do not know your class....

gold is easy to make.. (faction dailies give you ss/exile you can sell those now for about 13g and that is daily)

POH/BHS 24 man (4-5g)

4 man POH (2g)

the big 4 (gives like 60s each)

if you cannot make enough to buy at LEAST one stone a day than you are just lazy..

4 minutes ago, Xephier102 said:

If the thing can 2 shot me then it has to have at least some to do with gear. Otherwise I'm supposed to block/avoid almost every hit. Bit difficult when fighting a ranged attacker and your blocks/dodges are on CD.

Why do you pick the archer? Lol. I always do BM and Destroyer cause they feel like the easiest NPC classes to beat

Just now, AndresLionheart said:

Why do you pick the archer? Lol. I always do BM and Destroyer cause hey feel like the easiest NPC classes to beat

Was thinking about destroyer but I was kinda afraid he'd just leap at me and CC me to death.

I also tried assassin and didn't do much better. I don't think BM was a choice for me.

2 minutes ago, Xephier102 said:

Otherwise I'm supposed to block/avoid almost every hit.

You are. The 7th floor boss has attacks that deal over 20k damage, having higher than fresh 45 health only affords you one additional hit.

9 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

So, unless you sit on the AH to make gold off fools, you can make around 10g a day in 2-3 hours, just doing dailies

Grinding out repetitious quests for 2-3 hours per day to get almost enough for 1/7th of the tranformation stones I need for a single upgrade to my gear(not including all the other stuff and upgrade fees. Does no one else find this to be a drag? Don't tell me "don't play it if you don't like it" cuz that's some ignorant stupid shit. I like playing the game or I wouldn't be playing it. I don't like boring repetitious questgrinding.

Just now, Xephier102 said:

Grinding out repetitious quests for 2-3 hours per day to get almost enough for 1/5th of the tranformation stones I need for a single upgrade to my gear(not including all the other stuff and upgrade fees. Does no one else find this to be a drag? Don't tell me "don't play it if you don't like it" cuz that's some ignorant stupid shit. I like playing the game or I wouldn't be playing it. I don't like boring repetitious questgrinding.

you can make almost 30g a day from dailies sooooooo pretty sure you can get more than a "1/5th of the tranformation stones" just don't be lazy....

it wasn't meant to be max in one day.... hell you can even save to buy the merry potters and not even worry about buy stones...

but he if the "boring repetitious questgrinding." than stay in crap gear and do whatever it is you do to have fun

5 minutes ago, Xephier102 said:

Grinding out repetitious quests for 2-3 hours per day to get almost enough for 1/7th of the tranformation stones I need for a single upgrade to my gear(not including all the other stuff and upgrade fees. Does no one else find this to be a drag? Don't tell me "don't play it if you don't like it" cuz that's some ignorant stupid shit. I like playing the game or I wouldn't be playing it. I don't like boring repetitious questgrinding.

lol you have infernal gear...it's like 1 stone per 10 stages. That's like an equipment per day.

Just now, Ramo said:

You got 2 shoted by archer? How about you get a new soulshield. Moonwater arena SS helps alot. Also you can get passed stage one with any gear if your not bad tbh. 

yeah and he said he's a summoner..... you know your cat can taunt right than when the person targets you go stealth or use the skill that ignores all air damage (which includes arrows) once your almost out of stealth your cat should be ready to taunt again...

just keep doing that over and over idk maybe you need to study your class a bit more...

Faction dailies = 19 soulstones = 6.84 gold + 0.69 gold from the quests

24-man Nightshade Harbor + 24-man E. Fleet = 6.67 gold

Big 4 + Skyhaven + Pilfered = 2.5 gold

Misty Woods Dailies = 1.1 gold

Daily gold income = 17.6 gold.

Day 1 - Awakened Infernal -> Awakened Profane

Day 2 - Awakened Profane -> True Profane (10 gold left over)

Day 3 - No upgrades

Day 4 - True Profane -> Siren

It takes FOUR DAYS to get to end game gear. And the stuff I listed takes maybe 3 hours to do. Stop whining and calling your own failures as a player and in planning "p2w".

1 stone for the weapon, 5 for each the jewelries.

The accessories go from infernal to siren. The weapon goes from infernal to profane. If you didn't notice there's actually a large leap in stats on the accessories.

4 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Faction dailies = 19 soulstones = 6.84 gold + 0.69 gold from the quests

24-man Nightshade Harbor + 24-man E. Fleet = 6.67 gold

Big 4 + Skyhaven + Pilfered = 2.5 gold

Misty Woods Dailies = 1.1 gold

Daily gold income = 17.6 gold.

Day 1 - Awakened Infernal -> Awakened Profane

Day 2 - Awakened Profane -> True Profane (10 gold left over)

Day 3 - No upgrades

Day 4 - True Profane -> Siren

It takes FOUR DAYS to get to end game gear. And the stuff I listed takes maybe 3 hours to do. Stop whining and calling your own failures as a player and in planning "p2w".

Daily income 17 gold? I guess you're only talking about upgrading the weapon, right? cuz at current market value the jewelry costs 30g per piece to upgrade and that's just at the level I have it at. Also I never said I was planning to P2W, just looked like that was the only non teeth grinding option.

10 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

you can make almost 30g a day from dailies

Lol, no? Don't go spreading false information. You cannot make 30g off dailies (at least not with 1 character worth of dailies). The only way to get even close to that would be selling the soulstones and other materials, which is a mistake because you need a shit ton of those.

With a few alts, of which you dont care about improving, doing faction dailies too I can see that number being nore realistic

Just now, AndresLionheart said:

Lol, no? Don't go spreading false information. You cannot make 30g off dailies (at least not with 1 character worth of dailies). The only way to get even close to that would be selling the soulstones and other materials, which is a mistake because you need a shit ton of those.

With a few alts, of which you dont care about improving, doing faction dailies too I can see that number being nore realistic

nah that is just one char and selling all the mats you get

but I sell my SS during work hours because the SHOOT up in price than I buy them back later for a lower price

10 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

yeah and he said he's a summoner..... you know your cat can taunt right than when the person targets you go stealth or use the skill that ignores all air damage (which includes arrows) once your almost out of stealth your cat should be ready to taunt again...

just keep doing that over and over idk maybe you need to study your class a bit more...

My cat taunts for all of 3 seconds or something, it's not like a taunt that holds aggro or anything, soon as that time is up the mob dives back to me. Granted maybe I could drag out the fight and make it take half hour and beat the mob just by doing next to no damage so it will stay on my cat. 

Daily income 17 gold? I guess you're only talking about upgrading the weapon, right? cuz at current market value the jewelry costs 30g per piece to upgrade and that's just at the level I have it at.

Look at what accessories upgrade to. Yes, it's Siren. Weapons upgrade to Siren as well, but you need to go through the infernal and Profane stages first. And when it does, it's going to be expensive because Siren is end game. Couple days of dailies per upgrade. Because you know why? It's END GAME CONTENT. You're not supposed to be handed crazy good accessories just for hitting 45. And it is in no way required to do Mushin's Tower.

Your upgrade path after day 4 is essentially spending 5 days upgrading all your accessories, then another 3-4 days getting your weapon to true siren. It's not hard.

Archived