Jump to content
Forums

What is so enticing about max level?


Electroflux

Recommended Posts

Being relatively fresh 45, I'm starting to notice that there really isn't anything besides an endless amount of ridiculously boring grind.

 

I'm just curious, what is so fun about max level?  After you see the content, what makes you want to keep logging in everyday and doing the hordes of the same crap dailies over and over? Efleet is not even remotely fun but you have to do them...you have to do the pvp dailies, even if you don't want to.  It's just pure agony.

 

I really enjoyed the leveling process in this game, to some extent (can get super repetitious) but the absurd grind and money making tactics from NCSoft is super off-putting.  The only thing that I think is saving this game is the combat is the best I've seen in awhile, otherwise, this is the same type of agonizing grind like most asian MMO's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgame is dead for this game. They *cricket*ed it up.

 

The progression is way too linear , which kills the game really. The only weapons / accessories worth using are hongmoon items, which you level all the way from beginning. But after 40 they become significantly more expensive and if you are not preminium member, there is just no way you can afford them easily without farming.

 

Im 45, and been 45 for quite the time and i cant even upgrade my weapon to 40 level one. Thats how bad it is.

 

Usually what happens in MMO's is that there is shit gear and there is raid-level endgame gear. Shitgear is good enough if you dont want hardcore PvP and your gear constantly progresses, but in this game, since only hongmoon items matter, its just pure stupidity.

 

They should have made it so you can upgrade your gear but it gets very hard and it does not become next level gear, to put more simply, level 35 gear always stays as level 35 gear, it just earns better stats.

 

You cant even enter level 45 dungeon without paying 40g for that windwalking skill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Navhkrin said:

You cant even enter level 45 dungeon without paying 40g for that windwalking skill.

 

Wrong. Wallwalk is free (or at least doesn't require that 40g purification jar).

 

As for the hongmoon equipment upgrading, you're right. Somehow, I have the feeling that this system was added to make leveling to lv50 easier, so that you could start grinding for endgame equipment. Just look at all the loot you get on the way to 45. It just seems like that's what you were supposed to wear until the 4th area (45-50?) got released and the Korean developers made a quick leveling equipment set. Then NCsoft probably implemented the pre-46 leveling equip without implementing the 46+ area.

 

Notice how NCsoft released the balancing patch and warlock WAY too early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Navhkrin said:

You cant even enter level 45 dungeon without paying 40g for that windwalking skill.

 

Where are you getting this information? If I recall correctly, it's an item you get from your Faction NPC in Misty Woods for a very cheap price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

idk for me it is fun, but I also have several geared chars soooooooo I can mix it up

 

I enjoy doing things w/ my guild guild events, guild dungeons, guild pvp/sparing, but talking to everyone on TS is really what makes it fun rather than playing alone.

anyways to each their own

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Enamour said:

 

Where are you getting this information? If I recall correctly, it's an item you get from your Faction NPC in Misty Woods for a very cheap price.

 

The 20 second windwalk requires the purification jar. >_>

You don't need it for anything, though, at least not until a new windwalk skill gets released (AA / DD sounds plausible, but even Korea doesn't have it)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played grindy MMOs, this is far from it. The dailies give such a big pay out it only takes repeating them a few times to upgrade your gear. You even get 100% success to upgrade.

 

There are games out there that take WEEKS of grinding just to max your gear and sometimes the upgrade is based on % of success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Navhkrin said:

Endgame is dead for this game. They *cricket*ed it up.

 

The progression is way too linear , which kills the game really. The only weapons / accessories worth using are hongmoon items, which you level all the way from beginning. But after 40 they become significantly more expensive and if you are not preminium member, there is just no way you can afford them easily without farming.

 

Im 45, and been 45 for quite the time and i cant even upgrade my weapon to 40 level one. Thats how bad it is.

 

Usually what happens in MMO's is that there is shit gear and there is raid-level endgame gear. Shitgear is good enough if you dont want hardcore PvP and your gear constantly progresses, but in this game, since only hongmoon items matter, its just pure stupidity.

 

They should have made it so you can upgrade your gear but it gets very hard and it does not become next level gear, to put more simply, level 35 gear always stays as level 35 gear, it just earns better stats.

 

You cant even enter level 45 dungeon without paying 40g for that windwalking skill.

 

You must be doing something wrong because this is the easiest game so far (that I've played) in terms of upgrading gear.

 

You're talking about the Wall Dash skill, which you buy for 50 silver. That skill is not required in most dungeons. The last skill, requiring Purification Jar for 40g just adds an additional 5 seconds to your windwalking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't enjoy PvP, but I'll usually still do my faction and arena dailies. At the moment I have 2 level 45s that I use to get gold from dailies, though I focus on upgrading only my main for the most part. For me end game involves trying to put together some 4-mans with friends and farming for costumes. More costumes! Seeing my gold amount slowly go up is satisfying. My friends and I also have a clan which takes resources to level up.

 

The crafting in this game isn't terribly satisfying, but I do find some enjoyment picking up items when they're done.

 

When I get bored with dailies, I'll just not do them for a day or two and just hang out or run some dungeons. Otherwise, leveling one of my alts is usually okay. The story is the same so it does get a bit repetitive, but I like trying out different classes. Sometimes when the leveling grind gets particularly boring I'll watch something while I level.

 

If you're an achievements type person, you could try and obtain a bunch of those.

 

I still work towards improving my gear, but as I'm not a pvper and am mostly a casual player, I tend not to focus on grinding out the gear tiers unless I'm having issues killing things. My first experience with BnS was on the TW server and I gave myself a HUGE headache looking ahead and calculating all of the materials I would need to upgrade everything (enough so that I'd wanted to quit haha). Taking it slowly this time is working well for me.

 

The game is a lot more fun I think if you have friends to play with. If you didn't bring along RL friends, make some in game! Find a clan to run things with or just to chat with while playing.

 

It could also be, that the game just isn't a good fit for you. Perhaps as new content comes out, you'll find it more enjoyable with more things to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Electroflux said:

Being relatively fresh 45, I'm starting to notice that there really isn't anything besides an endless amount of ridiculously boring grind.

 

I'm just curious, what is so fun about max level?  After you see the content, what makes you want to keep logging in everyday and doing the hordes of the same crap dailies over and over? Efleet is not even remotely fun but you have to do them...you have to do the pvp dailies, even if you don't want to.  It's just pure agony.

 

I really enjoyed the leveling process in this game, to some extent (can get super repetitious) but the absurd grind and money making tactics from NCSoft is super off-putting.  The only thing that I think is saving this game is the combat is the best I've seen in awhile, otherwise, this is the same type of agonizing grind like most asian MMO's.

It's just how MMORPGS turned out to be nowadays , dull boring artificial difficulty via grind no sense of an actuall community .

Press this to queue for X , press this to queue for Y .

 

This game lacks the MMO ( everything around you is just scenery not open world ) , the RPG ( the story was badly damaged due to translation and localization of the game ) and what we are left with is an Arcade-ish PvP 1v1 arenas - the only good part of the game , which is also damaged due to the skill delay server issues bad optimization .

 

So what I'm saying is , if you're not into arcade  simulators  this game won't be of any interest to you or anyone who actually enjoys the MMORPG experience as a whole .

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you enjoy combat then start doing PvP (arenas).

 

Overall late game is mostly grind if you want to make some gold. Nothing we can do about it. If you enjoy farming new outfits from random parts of the world then you can do that too.

But new stuff gets released pretty regularly here. Another content update comes 2nd March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eckogen said:

Having played grindy MMOs, this is far from it. The dailies give such a big pay out it only takes repeating them a few times to upgrade your gear. You even get 100% success to upgrade.

 

There are games out there that take WEEKS of grinding just to max your gear and sometimes the upgrade is based on % of success.

 

I've played an MMO where it MONTHS of grinding to get to max level.  So compared to one of the previous MMOs I've playing grinding in this game isn't to big of a deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Electroflux said:

Being relatively fresh 45, I'm starting to notice that there really isn't anything besides an endless amount of ridiculously boring grind.

 

I'm just curious, what is so fun about max level?  After you see the content, what makes you want to keep logging in everyday and doing the hordes of the same crap dailies over and over? Efleet is not even remotely fun but you have to do them...you have to do the pvp dailies, even if you don't want to.  It's just pure agony.

 

I really enjoyed the leveling process in this game, to some extent (can get super repetitious) but the absurd grind and money making tactics from NCSoft is super off-putting.  The only thing that I think is saving this game is the combat is the best I've seen in awhile, otherwise, this is the same type of agonizing grind like most asian MMO's.

 

If you're not Level 45 +5 HM, you're not max level :p

 

Also, all MMOs are this way.  I played CoH, and it's playerbase didn't really consider it a grind, but at the end, you're doing the same thing when you hit max level.  Either standing around chatting, running dungeons, or making a new character :p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...