Forums

Premium Membership for Hongmoon Coins

Not if it was something that someone else had to buy that they could then sell to others; a premium voucher that's tradeable, basically. It would only increase sales of premium, which is good for BnS, and allow free players to get it if they're dedicated enough to farm the gold each month, which is good for the community in general as it will keep more people around.

Edited by Zephan
20 minutes ago, Houlon said:

Premium is basically a subscription, Making it available for free via in-game currency would defeat the purpose.

The thing is that if you're trading gold you can't get ncoin. Someone bought that ncoin in the first place so there's not really any reason why you shouldn't be able to buy premium.

19 minutes ago, Houlon said:

Premium is basically a subscription, Making it available for free via in-game currency would defeat the purpose.

Not necessarily. The NCoin/Hongmoon Coin required to purchase stuff in the store do not appear out of thin air after all. For every person paying for premium with gold, somebody else would have purchase NCoin first.

1 minute ago, fruitie said:

The thing is that if you're trading gold you can't get ncoin. Someone bought that ncoin in the first place so there's not really any reason why you shouldn't be able to buy premium.

Just now, Ango said:

Not necessarily. The NCoin/Hongmoon Coin required to purchase stuff in the store do not appear out of thin air after all. For every person paying for premium with gold, somebody else would have purchase NCoin first.

Why are you talking about ncoin/hongmoon?

He's talking about buying it for in-game cash IE gold, which is why I said it defeats the object.

He could indeed mean why can't people buy the memberships and sell them on the market or whatever which would make your points valid but as he didn't elaborate that much I answered directly to the comment he made.

1 minute ago, Houlon said:

He's talking about buying it for in-game cash IE gold, which is why I said it defeats the object.

He could indeed mean why can't people buy the memberships and sell them on the market or whatever which would make your points valid but as he didn't elaborate that much I answered directly to the comment he made.

Gold is transferable using Coin Echange system, I mean any ingame currency. I admit that it would only help NCsoft to get more profits and helped those ppl who don't want to spend real money for Premium Membership.

You can buy premium with HMC/Gold that earns you HMC in at LEAST JP, I'm not sure if it was in the original KR version. You can also buy premium with in game money in a game called E.V.E. Their system works much the same way ours does, where someone can buy premium currency and then sell it. There isn't any legitimate reason not to add this to the game, as it does NOT hurt their bottom line. It would only serve to increase it.

The reason it would be completely fine, is that no matter HOW you got premium, SOMEONE had to buy it. SOMEONE put REAL MONEY into the game, so YOU, not having to put real money in yourself, could EARN it.

Listen to that one more time. You CAN'T EARN the item in the game, UNLESS someone buys it. In order for it to exist FOR YOU, FREE theoretical person, SOMEONE already bought it. If you wanted to GIVE ME an apple, you'd have to have one first. Why then, should it matter to ANYONE, WHO created the apple? I want one, and if you HAVE one and are willing to SELL it to me, I should be able to get it.

It's really as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Houlon said:

Thread title states hongmoon coins. Which you can get through the currency exchange(gold->hongmoon) and rarely from endgame chests(dungeons/dailies).

5 minutes ago, Houlon said:

As I said the exchange doesn't grant you ncoin but hongmoon coin. The OP was asking about premium for hongmoon coin and so I assumed the exchange was the point behind that suggestion since people generally don't get rich in hongmoon coin elsewhere. Plus you can argue that it defeats the purpose of their payment model for all of the existing items there that have cash shop alternatives...

I really don't see why NCSOFT would not sell Premium for Hongmoon coins.

Yes, it is possible to get Hongmoon coins without anyone buying NCOIN via the adventurers pouch. But since they are pretty rare to get an active player may get about 100-200 per month, so it isn#t nearly enough to keep premium active.

So, to have Premium you basically have to pay or have someone else pay (currency exchange).

Making things like Premium available via Hongmoon Coins would rise the demand, which mean the gold price will go up and more people will be willing to buy NCOIN just to get some gold.

The 10% exchange fee would make NCSOFT earn even more since some has to buy 1066 NCOIN for you to be able to buy 959 Hongmoon Coins from them.

This basically means 11% more profit for NCSOFT, if premium is paid by someone else !

In addition this would help keeping the playerbase active, lead to a bigger community growth.

Last but not least, I noticed the goldseller spam coming to an end, but now there are quite a lot of scammers trying to sell premium for gold. I don't really know how to report them though. Making Premium buyable with Hongmoon Coins would also put an end to this.

PS: For successful reference on on letting player buy their subscription with gold, take a look at World of Warcraft.

Edited by Ryxou
Added reference