Cross-server Dungeons Leechers

Syanonn

It is getting to a point that it is hard to find one without a person or 2 that just sits at the beginning of the dungeon to leech loot money and/or quest.

This is extremely bad in the 4 level 45 blue dungeons - Nearly all of the groups I joined have at least 1 AFK - maybe 1 time out of 20 where everyone actually participates.

You see them also show up in Blackram Supply Chain, Tomb of Exile, The Darkglimpse - where people farm often.

is there really nothing we can do about this? Why can we only vote kick offlines and even that barely works? Does submitting tickets on the blade and soul support even do anything? I try to screenshot and report all the AFKs, but the problem just keep on getting worse and worse.

I dislike these kinds of people so much and it seems to be happening more frequently. Especially in 24 mans and the big 4. I want a system that will deliver consequences to these players.

I haven't seen them take any action yet, but I've never sent a support ticket about it so I'm not sure. Hopefully there will be something soon. 

They dont even need to get in the boss room, as long they are in the same area - and the 4 blue ones where I have the biggest problem, the whole map is the same area.

For Tomb of Exiles they have to actually move to the last zone for credit, and they do that after you kill the 2nd boss.

I think the only feature possible to beat the leechers is to implement a kick option.

Allow the party leader to kick, or start a vote to kick where at least 50% of the party members agree in order for the kick to go through. To avoid abuse of this feature, kicks cannot be done after the first boss. Parties should be able to identify who is intentionally leeching at the beginning of the dungeon and get rid of them before progressing.

A distance based loot feature wouldn't work as they could simply park themselves within the boss rooms.

Damage contribution sort of works, but who's to stop someone from using 4-5 skills on the boss early on and then nap till the end?

When u see some 1 in PT "Leecher" just leave and find another PT only takes few seconds.

But best way to avoid all those "Leechers & Ninja's Looters" (u know those changing loot options in last few seconds before boss dies to take all the rewards, is run dungeons with friends or join clan.

Running with randoms there is always that higher probability to happen to have leechers/Loot Ninja's in PT's.

24 minutes ago, Eckogen said:

To avoid abuse of this feature, kicks cannot be done after the first boss.

Then you just have people that are there for the first boss and afk for the rest.

Quite frankly damage contribution to loot needs to be a thing. And I don't mean 1%, in a 6 man 10% would work(though this would get uh...interesting if you have mechanics that need to be done, but that's another talk). 10% should be enough to compensate for someone lagging/being bad but still making sure they get loot, while making sure that a "leecher" still has to work for it. It would also help if bosses other than just the last boss gave out meaningful loot(not so much that they become better to farm than a full clear though) at the same time so you don't just have people afking until the final boss.

50 minutes ago, Eckogen said:

I was hoping we could make a name and shame thread for all dungeon leechers.

Even if people made name and shame lists outside forums, they would be pointless just like the master loot ones. They can still keep using cross server dungeon and keep doing it because you can't get kicked, the shame part is to let others know not to have that person in your party, but there's nothing you can do to prevent that.

Only problem I see with some of these "solutions" is that some people I know and play with (living on a college campus) have very slow internet and tend to load into the dungeon a bit slowly. Often times this leads to missing the first boss on a fast party and being blamed for being a leechers before they eventually load in and join the party. Hopefully the mods can account for this somehow when they make a solution for this problem so that people with slower computers or internet do not get punished.

4 minutes ago, BlueHP said:

Only problem I see with some of these "solutions" is that some people I know and play with (living on a college campus) have very slow internet and tend to load into the dungeon a bit slowly. Often times this leads to missing the first boss on a fast party and being blamed for being a leechers before they eventually load in and join the party. Hopefully the mods can account for this somehow when they make a solution for this problem so that people with slower computers or internet do not get punished.

It does not take 15 minutes to get past a load screen.

40 minutes ago, BlueHP said:

TBPH, there's not a lot of practical difference between people that can't load the game in the time it takes to kill the first boss, and someone who doesn't want to.

PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO STOP CRYING ABOUT THIS SHIT. ive played bns cn taiwan and japan. people do this, its nothing new and everyday there are people doing this. i still play bns cn and you have 2 or 3 people just chillin while the rest is doing yetti or all other cross sever dungeons. only NA cries about EVERYTHING on any mmo...  foh bro.

Just because it happens doesn't mean people should be okay with it. Violence happens every day, but I'd encourage someone to help out if they saw it happening IN FRONT OF THEM. I'm not saying being violent is anywhere near the same thing as being afk in a game, but my point is it is still obviously really bothering people, and it isn't a nice thing to do, so yeah, let them figure out a way to take care of it.

You are exagerating, sometimes it's not leeching, but they just have to go for sec from pc for something. And also - as if we can't already own dungeons with 2-3 ppl. One person afk doesn't really affect you (okay, they take a little of you gold... but that's all).

Archived