Hongmoon Friendship Chest already gone after 2 days?

Demiosu

Just now, Pinwheel said:

God riddance. No more rng trash boxes. Quit putting that garbage on the shop. You people buying into that rng box crap need to just stop. Go see a counselor about your gambling addiction and stop feeding exploitative moneygrubbers.

Uh, this box was obtainable via Hongmoon Coins, which you can sell gold or be lucky and obtain the Tokens from daily boxes.

@ OP  I believe they removed them because it was possible to max out your account rank without buying NCoins.

Yeah I know it was available for hongmoon coins, which were bought in bulk from the currency exchange from ncoins which were bought with cash. Or would you like to explain how people happened to get enough hongmoon coins to buy hundreds of those boxes without it paying straight into the ncoin selling?

On 19/2/2016 at 0:28 AM, Pinwheel said:

Yeah I know it was available for hongmoon coins, which were bought in bulk from the currency exchange from ncoins which were bought with cash. Or would you like to explain how people happened to get enough hongmoon coins to buy hundreds of those boxes without it paying straight into the ncoin selling?

I sold in-game gold to buy Hongmoon Coins via the Currency Exchange (ctrl + x by default) and I was lucky enough to get Purple tokens (but no outfit :( )

300 boxes now  -> Still no outfit...

24 minutes ago, Valow said:

259 boxes -> 0 outfit

Maybe I am just unlucky, but RNG box are not fair...

I thought I had more time to get it until I saw this tweet.

[Insert sad face here]

That's really unfortunate. :( Most of my clan mates that were going for it actually ended up getting it (although I think 1 had to get about 50-60 boxes iirc).

11 minutes ago, Valow said:

I sold in-game gold to buy Hongmoon Coins via the Currency Exchange (ctrl + x by default) and I was lucky enough to get Purple tokens (but no outfit :( )

they are going to release it on the cash shop later according to their words

I didn't read this entire thread's comments, but from what I can see it's mostly people bickering about where news should and shouldn't be. 

The biggest issue here isn't where news should or shouldn't be. it's whether or not it's posted somewhere. If something is announced on Twitter or Twitch, they SHOULD post it on the forums as well as those platforms. It shouldn't be on the player base to camp out all of the platforms that NCSoft has to maintain information. Blade and Soul has a specific website for this, and all information SHOULD be posted here AS WELL as anywhere else that specific information originated. Whether this comes from NCSoft or the player base can be debated, as it SHOULD come from NCSoft, but at the same time, the player base can ALSO post about it on their behalf. The more we as a community talk about something, the more well known it will become. 

I hope that clears up the flamming back and forth about "maybe you should start using x platform then" & "I shouldn't have to use x platform".

1 hour ago, Valow said:

259 boxes -> 0 outfit

Maybe I am just unlucky, but RNG box are not fair...

I thought I had more time to get it until I saw this tweet.

[Insert sad face here]

yeah, I was hoping to open up more boxes as well. At least I got one outfit out of it and a couple of moonwater keys.

10 minutes ago, Yxion said:

Wait what? There was a box? I was busy last few days...

Yeah there was a box, it's an RNG box but more than several people claimed that the chance of getting outfit from the box is actually quite good. And the box have chance of dropping venture token too, which can be used to buy more boxes. 

the outfit from the box is the Best Friend outfit. 

P7TenU9.jpg

2 hours ago, jetah said:

Uh, this box was obtainable via Hongmoon Coins, which you can sell gold or be lucky and obtain the Tokens from daily boxes.

@ OP  I believe they removed them because it was possible to max out your account rank without buying NCoins.

They removed the boxes, not the currency exchange. You can still max out your account rank without buying NCoins.

Just now, Demiosu said:

They removed the boxes, not the currency exchange. You can still max out your account rank without buying NCoins.

the boxes were giving the items that give more Hongmoon Coins. Thus you could gain back HCoins by purchasing HCoins.

10 minutes ago, EtuFen said:

RNG boxes are terrible, it is in NCSoft's best interest that a player never gets what they are after so that they keep buying them.  Not surprised at all.

I got the outfit within the first 22 boxes, RNG works both ways. 

19 hours ago, Demiosu said:

As the title implies I just read this tweet:

491825ce5f99fb12155cc16b79fcc731.png

These chests were implemented on february 17th and are already going out of the store at february 19th. Since the only way to get them is hongmoon points people had to rely on the currency exchange system which is slow af since it takes like 6 hours to sell your 1 gold for minimum price sometimes. (Also I liked how NCsoft changed the minimum rate from 1:67 to 1:51 15 mins after I put up my gold x_x )

My point is that 2 days does not feel like enough time to get enough hongmoon points to buy all the boxes you can to hopefully get the outfit (and for once this outfit actually looks decent unlike the winter box one (which I sadly did get)). On top of that the amount of hongmoon points you can get per day is kind of limited since you can only put up so many currency exchange sales a day, of course increased number if you are premium but still limited. 

Opinions?

I tried looking at the site yesterday to get some indication of when it would end but the currency exchange+friendship patch notes did not specify a date. I got myself 20,000 hongmoon coins last night with the purpose of opening box's tonight. I could have opened them last night but assumed the box would be around longer, afterall why would they remove them on payday friday after only 2 days...

When I created my character I wen't through the wardrobe, unaware how any of the costumes were obtained and picked out a costume to design my character for. I chose this costume. I am salty as *cricket* right now, who knows how long I have to wait now. I am legit mad, I had no other intended purpose for my coins than to get this costume at any cost.

Archived