Jump to content

are we getting nerfed? again?


Pacma

Recommended Posts

ok so on arena chat someone said we were getting nerfed, right now i don't see a reason to be nerfed.   actually i think we need a heal upgrade bcuz of how they *cricket*ed up out doom n bloom so i now rely on petal storm. so anyone know if we are getting nerfed?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reddit Ask Me Anything Event & Question on this subject:

Are you all planning on any balance changes, since PvP is so offbeat at the moment? In particular, the balance between certain classes, like summoner (30% of the top 100 at the moment are summoners) vs blademasters (3% of the top 100 at the moment are blade masters) is completely out of whack.

Even korean pros right now think BMs are horribly weak, and they're one of the most popular classes in the game right now.

 
 

[–]Babbletr0nAssistant Producer 7 points 20 hours ago 

Balance patches are not unique to the NA/EU versions or any other version. The balance patches are created for the Korean version of the game and distributed to all other versions. It is important that we have the same balance patches as the rest of the world because all the regions intend to participate in the World Championships this year.

We are aware that the balance may not be perfect in our current version due to the difference in level cap and skills available and that is why we are currently in "Preseason" mode where the rankings do not count towards qualifying for regional or world tournaments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, if we were nerfed in Korea long ago and its a patch in the pipe-line, yes. If its because a few people can't handle Summoners in NA without being whiners, then no. And to your sentiment of needing 'buffs', the idea that you're citing Petal Shroud as your main source of healing as opposed to True Friend is rather mortifying, but to each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2016 at 1:47 PM, Reivur said:

your sentiment of needing 'buffs', the idea that you're citing Petal Shroud as your main source of healing as opposed to True Friend is rather mortifying

i never said i dont se true freind, my maain heal is petal. the true frsind has a long cooldown which makes it worse than petal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Um, no? True Friend talented is 20% health every 24 seconds. This is the same talent investment as Petal Shroud.

Petal Shroud talented is 10% health every 24 seconds and you have to be in the cloud for the full duration, so in essence  you are limiting your mobility and increasing the cooldown to turn it into a heal from 18 seconds to 24. So by default, saying 'long cooldown makes it worse than petal' is completely wrong when they have identical cooldowns and one heals for twice the amount outside of healing allies.

 

Doom and Bloom which you're hating on is typically also talented, and while it doesn't do a lot of personal healing after the nerf as long as you don't keep your cat curled outside of the circle it should gain 20% of its health back over 5 seconds, which helps sustain the use of True Friend. And if you're using Petal Shroud as an example of healing teammates, then Doom and Bloom is still extremely good at healing team mates, its just not good self-sustain... and since you're calling it a weak heal, you must be referring to self-sustain.

 

Petal Shroud meanwhile is a vital tool that is used for far more than the healing, such as stuffing combos, i-framing axe-pulls from Destroyer, and making sure to drop it during a ranged wombo-combo to abuse the 2% resist heals. Its also great for many 4 man mechanics that turns them from lethal into outright immunity or a blanket of huuuuge healing burst on any quick multi-hits. If you're having to drop it repeatedly for incremental healing (as opposed to True Friend, which exists to just heal) then you're missing out on the skill's greatest asset, which is to prevent damage entirely.

 

tldr: In no capacity other than healing allies is Shroud comparable to True Friend, and since you're acting like Doom and Bloom sucks, then that means you weren't talking about allies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2016 at 3:35 PM, Reivur said:

Um, no? True Friend talented is 20% health every 24 seconds. This is the same talent investment as Petal Shroud.

Petal Shroud talented is 10% health every 24 seconds and you have to be in the cloud for the full duration, so in essence  you are limiting your mobility and increasing the cooldown to turn it into a heal from 18 seconds to 24. So by default, saying 'long cooldown makes it worse than petal' is completely wrong when they have identical cooldowns and one heals for twice the amount outside of healing allies.

 

Doom and Bloom which you're hating on is typically also talented, and while it doesn't do a lot of personal healing after the nerf as long as you don't keep your cat curled outside of the circle it should gain 20% of its health back over 5 seconds, which helps sustain the use of True Friend. And if you're using Petal Shroud as an example of healing teammates, then Doom and Bloom is still extremely good at healing team mates, its just not good self-sustain... and since you're calling it a weak heal, you must be referring to self-sustain.

 

Petal Shroud meanwhile is a vital tool that is used for far more than the healing, such as stuffing combos, i-framing axe-pulls from Destroyer, and making sure to drop it during a ranged wombo-combo to abuse the 2% resist heals. Its also great for many 4 man mechanics that turns them from lethal into outright immunity or a blanket of huuuuge healing burst on any quick multi-hits. If you're having to drop it repeatedly for incremental healing (as opposed to True Friend, which exists to just heal) then you're missing out on the skill's greatest asset, which is to prevent damage entirely.

 

tldr: In no capacity other than healing allies is Shroud comparable to True Friend, and since you're acting like Doom and Bloom sucks, then that means you weren't talking about allies..

petal storm is 10% every 18 seconds, plus if you get range hit, = 2% for each hit.     doom n bloom does suck, evryone on forums say it does too. its heal was nerfed in the patch. also. true frend only heals for 10%. plus if you use the right combo, you can stay in petal storm the whole duration. plus  curl is food in pve, but in pvp, sometimes she wont get hit, so i just used -20% of my ctas health and i just used curl  so no she willn urch back in and die. weakening my dps or the whole match.  ifi used petal, my can might not have died, and my dps wouldve not been weakeened

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Pacma said:

petal storm is 10% every 18 seconds, plus if you get range hit, = 2% for each hit.     doom n bloom does suck, evryone on forums say it does too. its heal was nerfed in the patch. also. true frend only heals for 10%. plus if you use the right combo, you can stay in petal storm the whole duration. plus  curl is food in pve, but in pvp, sometimes she wont get hit, so i just used -20% of my ctas health and i just used curl  so no she willn urch back in and die. weakening my dps or the whole match.  ifi used petal, my can might not have died, and my dps wouldve not been weakeened

What do you not get?

 

Petal Storm is 18 seconds untalented. When you turn it into a heal like you have, the cooldown becomes 24 seconds. It isn't a shorter cooldown if you're using it for a heal. Doom and Bloom sucks for self-sustain, its great for sustaining your cat, and your cat is great at sustaining you-- its still an important puzzle piece towards self-healing. No one has disputed that Doom and Bloom didn't get nerfed, it did. That doesn't suddenly mean its a bad skill. This is akin to saying LMB is awful because it does bad damage, while ignoring that it grants you focus to fuel your real nukes.

 

No Summoner in PvP opts out of True Friend. None. Your example of it being some sort of liability is a falsehood. And True Friend is baseline 10%, just like Petal Storm is baseline not a heal. If you're willing to invest points into one skill to turn it into a heal, you're equally as capable of investing points into another skill to do the same. Especially when the point investment is identical.

 

And last but not least, there is no 'right combo' to stay in Petal Storm the whole Duration. There is no such thing as a 24 second long Petal Storm. Its a 2% heal every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Its still a 14 second downtime, and its still a radius. And if you're using this as a heal, you won't necessarily have it when you need it for a burst phase. And if you're saving it for burst phases, then you aren't maximizing its healing output outside of the 2% resists-- which means if you're in an encounter that infrequently has ranged burst, you'll want to sit on the cooldown instead of using it as a heal. Its a nice, niche utility that's definitely worth the points but pretending its your main healing means you're ignoring chunks of your kit or you're giving the wrong things credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2016 at 0:55 AM, Reivur said:

What do you not get?

 

Petal Storm is 18 seconds untalented. When you turn it into a heal like you have, the cooldown becomes 24 seconds. It isn't a shorter cooldown if you're using it for a heal. Doom and Bloom sucks for self-sustain, its great for sustaining your cat, and your cat is great at sustaining you-- its still an important puzzle piece to self-healing. No one has disputed that Doom and Bloom didn't get nerfed, it did. That doesn't suddenly mean its a bad skill. This is akin to saying LMB is awful because it does bad damage, while ignoring that it grants you focus to fuel your real nukes.

 

No Summoner in PvP opts out of True Friend. None. Your example of it being some sort of liability is a falsehood. And True Friend is baseline 10%, just like Petal Storm is baseline not a heal. If you're willing to invest points into one skill to turn it into a heal, you're equally as capable of investing points into another skill to do the same. Especially when the point investment is identical.

 

And last but not least, there is no 'right combo' to stay in Petal Storm the whole Duration. There is no such thing as a 24 second long Petal Storm. Its a 2% heal every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Its still a 14 second downtime, and its still a radius. And if you're using this as a heal, you won't necessarily have it when you need it for a burst phase. And if you're saving it for burst phases, then you aren't maximizing its healing output. Its a nice, niche utility that's definitely worth the points but pretending its your main healing means you're ignoring chunks of your kit or you're giving the wrong things credit.

1. i never said true freind is bad, i still use it, but petal is better

2. there is a right combo, keep cc and u stay in the aoe and heal

3. doom n bloom had  a great heal b4 i was nerfed, now destroyers have a better heal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) Your reasons for Petal being better is "Its a shorter cooldown and heals for more" when it has the same cooldown and heals for less. Your reason makes no sense because both are untrue.

2) Most kiting/fights involve semi-circles around Briarthorns for zoning, with giving yourself footsie space to SS behind the patch or your Snare. Regardless, these zones are always bigger than Petal radius. We also don't have indefinite CC. There would be more tears if we did.

3) I still have yet to encounter another class in PvP that can match Summoner in sustained self-healing while still having a practical build capable of murdering people. Doom and Bloom, True Friend, Petals, Successful Seed Shrouds-- all rotatable within 30 seconds or less. Destroyer is shield; right click once to break it. Grab? Smacking your head on the axe for a little bit of health, a little bit from Ember, and I suppose there's Smash but see that catch-phrase about practicality and wanting to actually be able to murder people. The only reason I don't find our healing absurd is our health tax is crazy and we're easy 100%ed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2016 at 1:11 AM, Reivur said:

1) Your reasons for Petal being better is "Its a shorter cooldown and heals for more" when it has the same cooldown and heals for less. Your reason makes no sense because both are untrue.

2) Most kiting/fights involve semi-circles around Briarthorns for zoning, with giving yourself footsie space to SS behind the patch or your Snare. Regardless, these zones are always bigger than Petal radius. We also don't have indefinite CC. There would be more tears if we did.

3) I still have yet to encounter another class in PvP that can match Summoner in sustained self-healing while still having a practical build capable of murdering people. Doom and Bloom, True Friend, Petals, Successful Seed Shrouds-- all rotatable within 30 seconds or less. Destroyer is shield; right click once to break it. Grab? Smacking your head on the axe for a little bit of health, a little bit from Ember, and I suppose there's Smash but see that catch-phrase about practicality and wanting to actually be able to murder people. The only reason I don't find our healing absurd is our health tax is crazy and we're easy 100%ed.

if you get ranged hits, like with fm u heal. i get around 50% hp from 1 petal storm.

in pve, yes not in pvp

destoroyers block? is way superior. fm ice staue? is way superior

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Destroyer Block is the easiest thing in the world to break. Just no.

Ice Statue is 30% healing every 3 minutes. 3. Minutes. With a 2% hp regen per resist/hit, just like Petal Storm.

 

Within two True Friends you have already outhealed Ice Statue. Even three Storms that you enjoy can happen in slightly over a minute and beat it sustain wise. This isn't me saying Statue is bad, its amazing. This is me pointing out that your numbers do not match reality on sustain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/19/2016 at 1:25 AM, Reivur said:

Destroyer Block is the easiest thing in the world to break. Just no.

Ice Statue is 30% healing every 3 minutes. 3. Minutes. With a 2% hp regen per resist/hit, just like Petal Storm.

 

Within two True Friends you have already outhealed Ice Statue. Even three Storms that you enjoy can happen in slightly over a minute and beat it sustain wise. This isn't me saying Statue is bad, its amazing. This is me pointing out that your numbers do not match reality on sustain.

ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...