Makaron

Soulshields, Weapons, and "Future Proofing"

Recommended Posts

Makaron   

Okay, so let me start off by listing my current gear:
Awakened Siren Weapon, 5 ET / 3 BSH Soulshield (with Crit), Pirate Bracelet, Siren Belt, and Awakened Infernal Ring/Earring/Necklace - all stage 10.

 

I have a few questions:
1. Can I expect to be using this Soulshield for a while?
1a. When will this Soulshield become obsolete (which content patch and with what will it be replaced with)?

2. Is it safe to say that I'm going to be using my current weapon/accessories for a while? Basically what I'm wondering is if it is safe to drop lots of money on the upgrades for my current gear, or if I should be taking it easy until a later patch. 
2a. If it isn't "safe" to upgrade: Which pieces of my equipment will become obsolete, what content patch will cause to to become obsolete, and will the Hongmoon gear ever go back to being the better option?

3. Is there anything in the March 2nd patch that I should really be trying hard to get?

 

Notes:

1. I don't care about open world PvP.

2. I mainly play Blade Dancer, but I hope to get more generalized answers.

3. Keep in mind that the rate at which I gain gold is not exactly fast compared to most people, so I would like to avoid putting a lot of money in something that is just going to be obsolete soon and a complete waste of my money. And yes, I know this is an MMO and working for new gear is an aspect of this genre, but I like to know an optimal path for things.

3a. I also like to play multiple classes and thus I am not able to spend "everything" I have onto one character.

4. Please avoid answers like "Not any time soon" - please state why it is this way. For example, if you say "Not any time soon" because there isn't anything until 3 major content patches past level 50 cap, then please mention that as I'd like to be aware of these things anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Micky   

TL;DR

Hongmoon Weapon - Keep and Max.

Rings and Stuff - Do not invest here, better will come.

Soulshield - Do invest in the pieces which are already available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makaron   
On 2/19/2016 at 3:53 PM, Shoshin said:

1) You will be using a new soulshield set on the March 2nd patch which will be Naryu 1, Mushin 2, Mushin 3, Mushin 4, Bloodshade 5, Mushin 6, Bloodshade 7, Mushin 8

1a) March 2nd as answered already

 

2) This depends on how you want to play. Legendary weapons will be coming in the March 2nd patch and depending on which style we get they may or may not be bettter than the Hongmoon Path continuations. As far as your accessories go, it's up to you. When Silverfrost comes out at level 50 then you will be getting all new accessories and will not be using the old ones any longer (that's also when we get the new weapons). 

2a) Legendary weapons will always typcially be better than the hongmoon path depending on the stats, but they are also way more expensive. If you want to progress faster and have more money then your Hongmoon is the way to go. Maxing out your accessories is up to you, but they will go away with the 50 patch. 

 

3) In the March 2nd patch you should be focusing on getting the most optimal stats for the soul shields I listed above from Naryu Lab and Mushin Floor 8. Outisde of that, you could try for the Legendary weapon but otherwise it is the same as now until more content is released. 

 

-----

 

A quick note in regards to Legendary -- Yes they are better depending on which version we get, but they're WAY more expensive as I already said. Your Hongmoon Weapon will never be "obsolete" unless you get a Legendary upgraded to being better than it is and thus if you want to just stick to your Hongmoon weapon you are perfectly capable of doing so and you will not be wasting money.

 

1. Are the Mushin Floor 8 soulshields the same stats as the ones listed on this site? http://bns.endgame.pk/items/show.php?name=mushin&type=soulshield&stage=0
If so, why is it good to go with Mushin 3 and Mushin 4 used instead of something else with more crit? 

 

2. So from what I understand, we get legendary weapons next patch, and we can upgrade those just like hongmoon weapons, but the cost to upgrade is much more expensive?

 

Also @Micky, Better Accessories in March 2nd patch, or in a future patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoshin   
On 2/21/2016 at 2:27 PM, Makar8000 said:

 

1. Are the Mushin Floor 8 soulshields the same stats as the ones listed on this site? http://bns.endgame.pk/items/show.php?name=mushin&type=soulshield&stage=0
If so, why is it good to go with Mushin 3 and Mushin 4 used instead of something else with more crit? 

 

2. So from what I understand, we get legendary weapons next patch, and we can upgrade those just like hongmoon weapons, but the cost to upgrade is much more expensive?

 

Also @Micky, Better Accessories in March 2nd patch, or in a future patch?

 

I updated my soul shield guide for my clan after this reply. You're actually going to be using Mushin 1, Mushin 2, Mushin 3, Naryu 4, Bloodshade 5, Naryu 6, Bloodshade 7, Naryu 8 for about 87 more crit and 6800 more HP roughly.

 

2. Yes, that is exactly right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makaron   
58 minutes ago, Shoshin said:

 

I updated my soul shield guide for my clan after this reply. You're actually going to be using Mushin 1, Mushin 2, Mushin 3, Naryu 4, Bloodshade 5, Naryu 6, Bloodshade 7, Naryu 8 for about 87 more crit and 6800 more HP roughly.

 

2. Yes, that is exactly right.

Thanks, but I am still confused on why Mushin F8 3 should be used if it has no crit...? Or is the page I linked incorrect?

I stumbled upon this page, and according to it we should be using Naryu 1, Mushin 2, BSH 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8. There seems to be some conflicting information though so I'm still confused on what/why some people are suggesting certain setups.

Edited by Makar8000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoshin   
1 hour ago, Makar8000 said:

Thanks, but I am still confused on why Mushin F8 3 should be used if it has no crit...? Or is the page I linked incorrect?

I stumbled upon this page, and according to it we should be using Naryu 1, Mushin 2, BSH 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8. There seems to be some conflicting information though so I'm still confused on what/why some people are suggesting certain setups.

 

Because a few extra crit points aren't always the best way to go. You also have to consider set bonuses. That build has 4 Naryu pieces, 3 BSH pieces, and 1 Mushin piece. This essentially gives you the 700 Life bonus from Naryu, 70 Accuracy (shit) from BSH, and nothing from Mushin. For what? 

 

Naryu 1, Mushin 2, BSH 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8 would give you a total crit of 1295 w/ HP 4130 and Def 504 (those are the only 3 stats you should care about, in that order). You also get the HP bonus of 700 and Accuracy bonus of 70 for a total of 1295 Crit, 4830 HP, 504 Def, 290 Acc, 175 Block (if you wanted all of the stats).

 

Mushin 1, Mushin 2, Mushin 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8 would give you a total of 1200 Crit, 7760 HP, 585 Def with base and then an additional 565 HP from Mushin bonus and 700 HP from Naryu bonus for a total set bonus of 1200 Crit, 9025 HP, 585 Defense. 

 

You can look at that yourself and tell me if 95 Critical (which you will get some of back because of higher fuse bonus on the new soul shields vs the third BSH shield) is worth the loss of 4895 HP and 81 Defense. I personally would rather have the HP and Defense at this stage. 

 

Edit: To further hit the point --- a loss of 95 Critical only represents a loss of 1.67% Critical Chance (a very unnoticable difference) while I currently have 33,124 HP and an increase to that of 4895 would represent an increase of 14.78% of my HP. 

Edited by Shoshin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makaron   
1 hour ago, Shoshin said:

 

Because a few extra crit points aren't always the best way to go. You also have to consider set bonuses. That build has 4 Naryu pieces, 3 BSH pieces, and 1 Mushin piece. This essentially gives you the 700 Life bonus from Naryu, 70 Accuracy (shit) from BSH, and nothing from Mushin. For what? 

 

Naryu 1, Mushin 2, BSH 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8 would give you a total crit of 1295 w/ HP 4130 and Def 504 (those are the only 3 stats you should care about, in that order). You also get the HP bonus of 700 and Accuracy bonus of 70 for a total of 1295 Crit, 4830 HP, 504 Def, 290 Acc, 175 Block (if you wanted all of the stats).

 

Mushin 1, Mushin 2, Mushin 3, Naryu 4, BSH 5, Naryu 6, BSH 7, Naryu 8 would give you a total of 1200 Crit, 7760 HP, 585 Def with base and then an additional 565 HP from Mushin bonus and 700 HP from Naryu bonus for a total set bonus of 1200 Crit, 9025 HP, 585 Defense. 

 

You can look at that yourself and tell me if 95 Critical (which you will get some of back because of higher fuse bonus on the new soul shields vs the third BSH shield) is worth the loss of 4895 HP and 81 Defense. I personally would rather have the HP and Defense at this stage. 

 

Edit: To further hit the point --- a loss of 95 Critical only represents a loss of 1.67% Critical Chance (a very unnoticable difference) while I currently have 33,124 HP and an increase to that of 4895 would represent an increase of 14.78% of my HP. 

That makes a lot more sense, and I think I will go with that. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now