24 Man Dungeon AFK's purposal

XenoSword

Lately, there is more and more AFK’s goes into a 24 man dungeon and waits for others to complete the task to spawn the final boss, I do not mind that as long there are people willing to help defeat bosses, which is not happening as often, I tried using /channel communication but usually met with silence. So I purpose that people who are partaking into killing bosses more than three times, receive a bonus in some form (i.e. items, exp, or currency) so that this will promote more active players to help reach an end goal of the 24 man dungeon.

I understand people are busy and I'm not saying you shouldn't AFK at all, I just feel that those who are more active during this time should feel great about completing the dungeon without the  "Omg look at all these AFK's while we bust our chops" kind of mindset.

4 minutes ago, Hongmoon said:

What they need to do is reduce the number of bosses required to 6. 9 is too much for soon to be outdated content.

I wouldn't mind that. I had 2 bosses left to do the other day and almost killed one of them and saw pohoran was spawning soon. Got disconnected from the server for some reason (was still connected to the internet and when I came back I missed out on both ;-;

18 hours ago, VRock said:

some people are noobs and think last boss is a timer. They don't know they need kill all the other "mini.bosses" x3....

I notice people always ask me "How do you know when the Final Boss Spawns?" Your right, there is a lot of misconception about how final boss or any other boss spawns, there should be some sort of Timer for each boss and boss counter telling when last boss spawns. Such as does bonus boss count? What is the spawn time on each mini boss?

14 hours ago, Kaom said:

Some people are not in a hurry :D

Yes, some people are not in a hurry and they shouldn't be, it should be enjoyable. But, if your AFKing and waiting for somebody to make something happen, how is that enjoying the game? Furthermore, this will just add up when there is more 24 man dungeon on the way. Will you be satisfy with the current system in place? I know I'm not and therefore I still believe this little bonus won't hurt anyone in any way. I've seen alot of post about how we should punish AFK and that's just not a good way to resolve things.

They not leeching so it's fine. Might as well pretend they not even in game; same difference. And I think 9 boss kills isn't so bad. That means on average, a player will see Poharan spawn every 4.5 boss kills. It depends at which point you join the map. You might luckily join just as she is spawning or unluckily join after she's been defeated. 9 boss kills, 4.5 on average, most players will kill at least 3... sounds fairly reasonable to me.

Yea I literally go around solo until a boss spawns (like twins <.<) and run there to check how many people are there. After that, I check them out and see how many people we need, which in every case so far has just been a need for 2-3 other people. I usually ask for 2 or 3 more folks to come to a boss and people show up, we kill it, then I call the next boss and say "mysterious man/poharan should be spawning soon". Usually works like a charm.

I don't have that issue for Poharan but for Mysterious Man it happens all the time (maybe because the map is new/larger?).

Lowering to 6 from 9 would certainly help but I don't know if thats the real issue. Sometimes it feels like the channel is empty when its not. Maybe a counter on the screen to see how many players? Or showing their icons on the map...

I like the replies, just remember that 24 man dungeons are not cross-server to be taken into consideration. Some server just don't have this sort of issue, while others does. I play around midnight as it is just my work schedule is. I can't say much how different it is to when it's during peak hours since I am at work. I believe along the lines where first timers going into these areas are just bewildered to what to do, that could be handle better with a guideline so people don't misunderstand how the mechanics work. I was kind of upset that 24 man dungeon was not the traditional kind where everyone is making effort to help out, but I digress since having the whole system changed would not happened.

People are saying that it doesn't affect you if people are AFK'ing, but in reality it does at least a little bit. If ten, fifteen people are AFK'ing at Poharan, whether because they know it's not timed or not, those are slots that AREN'T being taken by active parties. They're field bosses so the more people helping you out, the faster it goes. It sucks having to drag your feet through an empty channel and solo it or try to get your party to one place every time to clear every boss multiple times by yourselves.

Archived