Sign in to follow this  
WoofDoge

Why are repair tool's price plummeting so fast?

Recommended Posts

WoofDoge   

Repair tools prices are plummeting and i'm crying! They used to sell for almost 4 silver per. then i saw them go to 3, now thye're at 1.40 And i'm here sittin on a bunch of hammers hoping it goes back up. Was there an update or something that changed something? or is it just plummeting due to it being a free market run by non-business-men so it's sporadic? I know it didn't get any easier to make them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bezerko   

Not sure if I had missed it before or if it was added but I noticed that I could repair at a lot of npc merchants. Once I saw that, I never bought hammers off the marketplace again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aimo   
6 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Not sure if I had missed it before or if it was added but I noticed that I could repair at a lot of npc merchants. Once I saw that, I never bought hammers off the marketplace again.

Did you check the npc gold cost? Because last time I went to an npc I paid more than what the cost of 3 hammers was.

Edited by Aimo
reworded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoofDoge   
6 minutes ago, DannyInfect said:

Supply and Demand, it's a simple economic topic really..

 

Yes, but before it was at 4 silver, what kind of supply change was there that coul have added tens of thousands of hammers being added in at 2/3rds and then half the price? Only thing i can think of is lots of bots or chinese inmates who want them to just sell right away and have been making a lot of them. No that wasn't derogatory china actually has gold spammer and farmer programs implemented in their prisons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Probably because the RNG boxes in hongmoon store give tons of field repair tools.

 

Seems like the most legitimate reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azseri   
5 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Probably because the RNG boxes in hongmoon store give tons of field repair tools.

Tons is an understatement, I had costumes on my max levels already and decided to spend some of the coins I had gotten from tokens trying to get a costume for my alt, then the boxes gave me more of the venture coins, so I got more boxes and this went on for a good while, I eventually got the costume, but I now have a level 11 with over 300 field repair tools, I can repair an entire army ><

Edited by Azseri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoofDoge   
4 minutes ago, Haishao said:

Probably because the RNG boxes in hongmoon store give tons of field repair tools.

No they are just plain repair tools, not feild repair tools. Unless you mean people are selling their normal ones because they have field repair tools now.

 

Are the RNG boxes new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enamour   

It's like less than 1 silver to craft them. I do it while leveling my alts and have more than I'll need for a while. There's no reason they should be 3-4 times higher than they're worth imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WoofDoge said:

 

Yes, but before it was at 4 silver, what kind of supply change was there that coul have added tens of thousands of hammers being added in at 2/3rds and then half the price? Only thing i can think of is lots of bots or chinese inmates who want them to just sell right away and have been making a lot of them. No that wasn't derogatory china actually has gold spammer and farmer programs implemented in their prisons.

Yeah, bots is probably one thing, but I don't constantly use repair tools, i'm on a surplus at the moment. they're not too hard to get either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoofDoge   
Just now, Enamour said:

It's like less than 1 silver to craft them. I do it while leveling my alts and have more than I'll need for a while. There's no reason they should be 3-4 times higher than they're worth imo.

 

No, some had to have CHANGED because it doesn't matter how easy it is to make them. What matters is that there was a sudden and drastic change in the market price. Before it was steady, now it fell to less than half and is still dropping. It's not like everybody withing a few days realized it's really easy to make them AND they wanted to sell it for less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoofDoge   
1 minute ago, DannyInfect said:

Yeah, bots is probably one thing, but I don't constantly use repair tools, i'm on a surplus at the moment. they're not too hard to get either.

 

Yeah i was always confused as to why the market is so lovely for them. Maybe if you're not a forgekeeper? idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enamour   
52 minutes ago, WoofDoge said:

 

No, some had to have CHANGED because it doesn't matter how easy it is to make them. What matters is that there was a sudden and drastic change in the market price. Before it was steady, now it fell to less than half and is still dropping. It's not like everybody withing a few days realized it's really easy to make them AND they wanted to sell it for less.

Dunno then. Same has been happening to Unsealing Charms and they've dropped pretty much to +10 copper of NPC price on Jiwan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinth   

As said before, it's the new RNG boxes.

 

Extremely cheap and regularly drop 3 field repair tools / 5 Hongmoon Unsealing charms (both unable to trade).

 

On top of that, regularly drop venture tokens to get even more of them.

 

That being said, I'm using them as a cheap way to up my premium rank and I've got 750 hammers, 205 unsealing charms so I've sold my normal hammers/charms on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GnatB   
1 hour ago, WoofDoge said:

Repair tools prices are plummeting and i'm crying! They used to sell for almost 4 silver per. then i saw them go to 3, now thye're at 1.40 And i'm here sittin on a bunch of hammers hoping it goes back up. Was there an update or something that changed something? or is it just plummeting due to it being a free market run by non-business-men so it's sporadic? I know it didn't get any easier to make them.

 

 

I know they were that much in Beta, but don't remember them ever being that much on Live servers.  They cost something like 5cp to make, and you can start making them at lvl 15, after only a few hours of play.  Wanna know why they're cheap?  Because they are cheap and easy to make.  It's *not* going to go back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rocdog   

People who went Forgekeepers have nothing else to craft without spending on expensive mats for weapon skins, which there is a limited market for, since they're vanity items, and there's only one type per tier, unless you get super lucky with the legendary skin.   On mine I just gather ore and make repair tools.   You end up with a lot of repair tools that way, and at some point, you  just dump them on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WoofDoge   
On 2/19/2016 at 4:06 PM, GnatB said:

 

 

I know they were that much in Beta, but don't remember them ever being that much on Live servers.  They cost something like 5cp to make, and you can start making them at lvl 15, after only a few hours of play.  Wanna know why they're cheap?  Because they are cheap and easy to make.  It's *not* going to go back up.

 

All of you keep saying this and i keep saying that there is no reason for it to suddenly drop without change. And it was like that on live servers, it was up at a steady 3.8-4 less than a week ago. Just them being easy to make doesn't make the price drop by half and them drop by 30% of the new price over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this