Forums

More Guild features please

ILinley

Heya folks,
Im here today to discuss something which has been on my mind since the first few days i have been playing the game; namely the guild features.
The list of things I want to address have thinghs like; Clan wars, Clan storages, Clan ranks (custom ranks for example), more optional clan rights the leader can give other members of specific ranks, but as well as things like: a more in depth clan member list which, for example states when the members have been online the last time, which member donated how much to the guild, since when they have been in the guild, all such things. I will list every feature I would appreciate in the game now and I hope at least some of these can be implemented. 

1. Clan donations

I think that most people dont feel motivated to donate to their clan. For 2 reason.
First off, the "rewards" you can get for lvling the clan are so miniscule while the amount of stuff you need to lvl the clan is waaay too much. 
But thats not the problem i want to address, its a challenge but at the same time i dont feel like accepting it alone. As a Clan leader of course its important for me to lvl the Clan, but most members of the clan already are busy with upgrading their wapeons (same for me actually) and cant afford to donate too much of some things like soul stones or gold. 

What wondered me, was that there are NO clan quests what so ever. Sure we have faction quests but those dont really count right? I would like some features that motivate people to donate. Like some titles, acchievements, quests or features they can unlock within the clan.

2. Clan crafting

At the moment we can only craft 3 things and apart from the potions im not really interested in them. With a decent tank and an organized group black wyrm can also be killed very well without the charms. And im not as mad as investing an astronomical amount of gold, soulstones and even fabric to craft 5 pieces of a costume which isnt even that appealing (at least to me, and it looks just so lame on male lyns ) I would like to be able to craft usefull stuff with the clan crafting system, like things you can craft with any of the crafting guilds but in a higher amount. Like, crafting 100 repair tools or whatever. Or some other special items where the costs arent so ridiculously high. 

3. Clan storage
Sometimes people dont need stuff, which others might need. It happens often to me that i scrap something (which is tradeable) that might be needed by someone else. In cases like that (like various upgrade materials that are tradeable) a good clan could put a number of them into a storage and then those who need it could take them. Having various "tabs" of the clan storage would also be nice, like members can acces tab 1 while only people of higher ranks can access other tabs. There could also be a feature like "you can take x items from this tab today" which could all be edited by the clan leader or someone of an appropriate rank

4. Custom ranks
Yes, Id like to create custom ranks for my clan and also be able to change the "names" of the existing ranks. I once played an mmorpg with the feature that made people be able to use their clan ranks as Titles. For example, I decide to name the Rank for normal members of my clan "infantry" than they could be able to go to their titles menu and choose something like "use clan rank as title" which would then put the "infantry" above their name as title. 

5. In depth Clan list. I would like to be able to see when people in my clan have been online the last time, this feature could also be easily added to the friend list. 
Sometimes people have different online times, like some work during the day till the evening and log in at nights but other people think they are inactive. This feature would help clan leaders spot inactive players. Of course, some players tell you if they stop playing or go to a vacation, but most dont. I had 5 members in my clan that stopped playing, Which I only found out after up to three weeks had passed. They were already at lvl 45 and since they worked (normally) in times where i was online and played when i wasnt, i didnt think much of it. But another member, who knew them personally, told me they stopped playing when i wanted to ask something else about them. 

6. Top donators List
This would help me reward people that donated to the clan the most. It would also let me spot who didnt donate anything. If I had, for example, custom ranks with special rights or privileges i coul make it so that only people who have donated a certain amount of gold and/or other needed things have access to that rank. 

Think of following scenario: 

The lvl 50 patch came already and the value of moowater transformation stones dropped but are still at around 3-5g.
In one of our "custom tabs in our clan storage" we have like 30 moonwater stones. And members of the rank donator x have acces to that tab and can take 1 of them a day. (you can also replace the moonwater stones with any other item and the amount they can take (in this case 1) also with any other amound you think is appropriate) But in order to have access to that tab you need to have donated a certain predefines amount of various things needed. 

Additionally there could be an option like "Donation list of this day/week/month/day" whatever. This would enable me to do things like "those that manage to donate this much in that amount of time get this and that" 

7. Date they joined the clan 
This would help pinpoint "veteran" members of the clan. I could also give those people certain ranks or enable certain features for them like using a special tab in clan storage. 
Also, all of this option could be turned off and on in the clan list, thus i would only see those informations when i need them. 

8. Clan wars. 
Some times you want to compete with othe clans. Either from your or other factions. This could be like "you challenge them, they accept, you can teleport into an area where the clan war will take place and after a few minutes the war starts. OR Tis could happen like " you challenge them, they accept and from then on, for a predefined amount of time, you can attack your enemies whenever you see them (maybe even without needing to wear pvp costumes) This clan war could also look totally different, i just made some suggestions. 

9. Clan Housing. 

This is a suggestion which I dont really expect to happen, but it would be awesome. 
Every clan that meets the requirements could choose one "map" out of 3-5 available. This map would be a small "instance" like map.
A predefined number of clans (or every clan that reaches a certain rank) could be enabled to obtain access to those maps and could make them their "homebase" and upgrade them in certain areas like creating a smithy with the npcs (like forgekeepers, prospectors etc) and the guildmates that craft there get a certain discount while the guild also earns money whenever someone crafts from those npcs or buys staff (the money would go straight to the clan bank). The possibillity to "upgrade" the npcs, in which case the craft time and mats needed would be reduced should also be possible, this would attract "customers". There could also be the option to set an entrance fee (but that could also be disregarded)  the prices could vary depending on the "lvl" of the npc, in order to get more customers you could choose to activate "predefined" discounts on npcs or even make the prices more expensive. 

Another feature could Be making sculptures of clan Members or Putting up flags with the clan emblem on it. 
If you make sculptures you could choose a material like "ice, gold etc" and would have to "craft" them, then you could place them on predefined areas.

I know this is much, but like I said, this is just a thought but I would really enjoy these aspects. 

10. Pets
I know this has nothing to do with clans, but i saw a video of another server (probably korean one) which has pets. Lycan/infernal lord etc in miniature form as a pet that follows you around. In the video id looked like there is a chance of obtaining them as pets when you defeat these bosses. 

So these are all my suggestions, im totally aware that some of these are not likely to be implement even though they would be awesome. Some might also need to be refined and changed so they would actually work but yeah i just had these ideas and I really miss some simpler one of those in this game. 

Thats it frome me, have a nice day :) 

I guess I'll be the first non push comment

Okay first off I want 2 simple things, one you mention, last active, so I can know who's currently just left the game, cause our clan had an influx of players that have just left and it's hard to to tell whether they play when I'm not online. Secondly the clan message. I want it to repeat in clan chat, or to post it (to the person) when he logs on. By post it I mean it appears in clan chat BUT JUST for him/her. So if there's sth important we need to tell people. Other things are icing on the cake tbh. But sure more content :)

Lastly you mentioned pets, I have seen it, and we'll when I was playing TW server too, they had em, I believe well get them at some point but not sure when, they also provide buffs and bonuses I heard.

On 21.2.2016 at 3:41 AM, LexyLee said:

I guess I'll be the first non push comment

Okay first off I want 2 simple things, one you mention, last active, so I can know who's currently just left the game, cause our clan had an influx of players that have just left and it's hard to to tell whether they play when I'm not online. Secondly the clan message. I want it to repeat in clan chat, or to post it (to the person) when he logs on. By post it I mean it appears in clan chat BUT JUST for him/her. So if there's sth important we need to tell people. Other things are icing on the cake tbh. But sure more content :)

Lastly you mentioned pets, I have seen it, and we'll when I was playing TW server too, they had em, I believe well get them at some point but not sure when, they also provide buffs and bonuses I heard.

I like your ideas too.
also id like to add something, 
The clan notice, as it is, can contain WAAAAY too few symbols. Atm i barely have enough space to list our ts3 server and our clan forum, i want to add more things but the space is too small. increasing the max limit from 200 to 600 would be nice. 

On 21.2.2016 at 3:48 AM, Unskilled banana said:

later the clan leader can make the own outfits for the clan. waiting for that.

yes you can get pets later too.

sry for double posting couldnt edit the quote into the previous post even after trying for minutes and im done trying now <.<
I also had the idea with the clan outfits, but i thought that would be rather unlikely since people would need to be able to create their own unique, cutsom outfits. 
So im asking myself how that would work out? Id like to create an outfit just for my clan. Like, first choosing a template (which costume should be used as the base one and then add various colours, patterns etc) i am highly intrigued as to how they made this.

On 22.2.2016 at 8:27 AM, ILinley said:

sry for double posting couldnt edit the quote into the previous post even after trying for minutes and im done trying now <.<
I also had the idea with the clan outfits, but i thought that would be rather unlikely since people would need to be able to create their own unique, cutsom outfits. 
So im asking myself how that would work out? Id like to create an outfit just for my clan. Like, first choosing a template (which costume should be used as the base one and then add various colours, patterns etc) i am highly intrigued as to how they made this.

heres a video about guild costumes.

I liked your ideas, i was trying everywhere to find out if BnS supported any of these while i was in game before i found this post and i really would like this to happen for control over the guild aspect. Few other mmos i've played allowed more guild customization also and it wouldnt definitely improve the quality of BnS not saying its bad or lacking but this would put icing on the cake

16 minutes ago, Dizeliun said:

WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME?!?

It is but it's freaking insane to get the mats for it.

@OP: Like all of your suggestions! I do hope most of them come to frustration if not all of them - especially clan storage and housing (player housing later on would also be amazing).

EDIT: I got confused with the standard outfit, it's actually another option which either means it doesn't come until Silverfrost update OR we need to unlock more expansions of guilds etc. to get it to appear.

Archived