Forums

Remove firewalls and sentry orbs from dungeons.

NueHoujuu

5 minutes ago, Riliane said:

I think its not that bad... I mean, if you know there's alredy fire and a ball who insta-kill you, why you go to hug it? Its not like it will magical let you pass. Even if you don't know what happens, if you see fire I think the best option its to not touch it.

I find myself hesitating to go through the areas where firewalls spawn when I'm a bit slower than that guy rushing. You can't tell at all whether people will attack the boss, or whether they'll wait for you. Hesitate a bit and they WILL attack the boss.

Had a blade dancer keep killing people with firewalls in Tomb of Exiles, coz he'd instantly charge at bosses.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vexe said:

I find myself hesitating to go through the areas where firewalls spawn when I'm a bit slower than that guy rushing. You can't tell at all whether people will attack the boss, or whether they'll wait for you. Hesitate a bit and they WILL attack the boss.

Had a blade dancer keep killing people with firewalls in Tomb of Exiles, coz he'd instantly charge at bosses.

Ok, but I stay. If some idiot decides to rush and don't wait for other people I can undestand it. What I still CAN'T understand its why people needs to hug the fire.

People who go to fires are suicidal and deserve death. The problem is with fires in fights like the BSH twins. The fire spawns at a very awkward place, iirc they can knockback you into flames (or was that some other boss?) and if you try to rezz you're dead.

The fires should be an invisible wall instead. Firewalls are the laziest and most anti-player solution possible.

They'd have the overhaul the dungeons if they did this. I agree with the timer and the door options though. A door would be nice but they may take some time in implementing it, a timer shouldn't take too much if they delay it and just make it appear in system. 1 minute time is more than enough as-well. I've been caught in the fire more times than I can remember and it is annoying. Wouldn't be too bad if it was ice but it didn't hurt you / take health down and just freezes you so you have to stay in that area. 

1 minute ago, Kitah said:

They'd have the overhaul the dungeons if they did this. I agree with the timer and the door options though. A door would be nice but they may take some time in implementing it, a timer shouldn't take too much if they delay it and just make it appear in system. 1 minute time is more than enough as-well. I've been caught in the fire more times than I can remember and it is annoying. Wouldn't be too bad if it was ice but it didn't hurt you / take health down and just freezes you so you have to stay in that area. 

Well, now I can agree with you people. A timer would be great.
However I still remember that guy on the Ape vault, he was sitting there. We said "come and heal yourself here so the fire don't hit you", we said that like 3 times and wait like a minute, what did he do? Eat a dumpling at the fire range after a while.
I don't know about you guys, but that was the best firekill I see on NA. Not everyone have time for trolls.

Just now, Riliane said:

Well, now I can agree with you people. A timer would be great.
However I still remember that guy on the Ape vault, he was sitting there. We said "come and heal yourself here so the fire don't hit you", we said that like 3 times and wait like a minute, what did he do? Eat a dumpling at the fire range after a while.
I don't know about you guys, but that was the best firekill I see on NA. Not everyone have time for trolls.

The thing I've found is most people don't actually talk in dungeons. Things in the instance you mentioned are understandable - he deserved to get hit. But, he may've not known where the firewall spawned (that is another issue I find, they should really have like wall turrets stay there at all times so you can understand where they appear on your first run / few time runs on dungeons). 

The one thing I really hope they don't decide to do is make it so everyone has to get to an area where fire spawns (but have the fire already up) for it to disappear. That could be extremely annoying with the way some people play. 

2 minutes ago, Kitah said:

The thing I've found is most people don't actually talk in dungeons. Things in the instance you mentioned are understandable - he deserved to get hit. But, he may've not known where the firewall spawned (that is another issue I find, they should really have like wall turrets stay there at all times so you can understand where they appear on your first run / few time runs on dungeons). 

The one thing I really hope they don't decide to do is make it so everyone has to get to an area where fire spawns (but have the fire already up) for it to disappear. That could be extremely annoying with the way some people play. 

I'm pretty sure he knows. With that minute we explain why he needs to move, he just didn't care.

But yeah... Honestly im 100% agree with the timer to help that people with rushers on their party. Nothing more <_<

Yeah, I remember WoW or TERA having some kind of timer saying "room will close in 10 seconds"?

Works well. If that's not enough time for you to enter, you can choose to stay out of the firewall area at the very least.

On 18.2.2016 at 5:45 PM, NueHoujuu said:

Just bloating up one of the suggestions from the megathread in my signature...

But those firewalls are annoying and pointless. Why do we have to be insta killed for not getting into the room if someone rushes ahead of all of us, or if we just happen to lag, or if we eat a dumpling to heal at the wrong place?

Please replace the firewalls with this type of door.

Don't forget to make the door appear different for each player. The door should allow everyone to pass it once. If you die and respawn outside of it, it becomes the red door and you can't go back in until all party members have beaten the boss or died to the boss.

If one player dies and respawns, he should see the red door - while another player who hasn't even gotten into the boss room once, should see a different open version of the door.

This is to prevent players from telling someone to wait outside the door so they can "keep the door open for people who died to come back in for infinite lives". Must be on a player to player basis.

Amen!

Please do that. I have died so many times simply because someone had to rush in. Multiple times we had someone rush in, kill the whole party in the fire and then die themself.

4 hours ago, Vexe said:

Yeah, I remember WoW or TERA having some kind of timer saying "room will close in 10 seconds"?

Works well. If that's not enough time for you to enter, you can choose to stay out of the firewall area at the very least.

Think I remember having this in TERA in a a couple of boss fights. Even if you didn´t get in the room fast enough, you´d just have to wait outside.

Firewalls need to be removed. It looks cool and all but it´s rather annoying.

The more I play with impatient high levels, the more I think airlock.  A wall before the boss that doesn't go away until the party is all past where the outer firewall spawns.  Keep the rushers from being able to start the boss until everybody is ready.  (would also likely help with afk'ers, however presumably you would definitely have to have a votekick system anyways just to prevent people trolling.)

Stinks to do 90% of, say, tomb of exiles, get stuck waiting outside the final fire wall, (turret?) because you checked if the spider was there, and not get credit for the kill/doing the tomb.

(P.S.  the first few times I died to turret, I never even knew what happened, just thought my computer somehow failed to draw the fire.  Now *that* is a lame mechanic.)

W/out reading other responses I'm just going to say this: +500 OP. These fire walls and sentry orbs do nothing in regards to the skill cap in this game. Dying in general combat is one thing as it allows you to learn from your mistakes. But these firewalls and sentry orbs basically nullify any type of skill cap in dungeons when you die to them. With the current meta of burning through dailies players do not typically wait for everyone to zone in.

My overall view is that having these flame walls and sentry orbs is a QOL change that needs to happen as they serve no purpose. Can someone please provide an argument for keeping them in. Any takers? Doubtful anyone can come up with one good reason to keep this ridiculous mechanic in game. Please remove NCSOft. PLEASE.

Nah, this is unnecessary. Who wants that dam door with a huge X on it? That is ridiculous. I like insta kill fire. Haven't you guys never been kicked into the wall of fire in BSH cobalt/scarlet boss? Man, I really liked it. It was like the boss was using that fire wall as part of its combo. Insta kill firewall is good in my book.

My first tomb of exiles the desto continued to rush I didn't know the layout of the dungeon and merely asked that they wait before rushing not to mention I was bidding on my infernal jewelry and soul shield. I wanted to do the fights because isn't that the point once he rushed and the flames spawned where i was standing i didn't know they spawned there. I asked him to wait and was told to stop bitching because I was still getting loot. (really that's not the point) i don't mind the fire walls but timers and such and a way to slow things down for those that need to bid would be helpful. (or maybe put all the loot drops at the end to bid on. Every boss still drops things but it stores it till the end) 

5 minutes ago, Firon149 said:

The firewalls are less of a problem in later dungeons tho. 

Perhaps that's because people aren't rushing through as fast as possible, and are actually taking the 5 seconds to wait for their party members to catch up?

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

Perhaps that's because people aren't rushing through as fast as possible, and are actually taking the 5 seconds to wait for their party members to catch up?

No the later dungeons are better designed more so the level 50 ones, they are more like the Gatekeeper slashami fights where there is no fire wall just a seal blocking the door and you can't wall run ect in the boss fight area. 

2 hours ago, Firon149 said:

No the later dungeons are better designed more so the level 50 ones, they are more like the Gatekeeper slashami fights where there is no fire wall just a seal blocking the door and you can't wall run ect in the boss fight area. 

I've seen the firewall in Mak Sobo's room kill people before. That one isn't so obvious - someone literally standing in the doorway when the fight is triggered is going to get hit by it.

But most people don't rush, because 6/4 man Poh/Bsh are actually challenging and losing someone can make a difference, at least in the amount of time it takes to drop the boss vs the time saved rushing in.

10 hours ago, Riliane said:

I mean, if you know there's alredy fire and a ball who insta-kill you, why you go to hug it?

I don't think you've actually seen this mechanic at work.  The fire appears and kills you BEFORE you know where it's going to spawn.  There isn't even a pattern on the ground that shows the danger zone.  Upthread there's even someone who posted that one of the Dragonblood pillars is inside where the fire is going to spawn!  (Especially bad because BRN, as the first full-party dungeon, teaches that the pillar is a safe place for the party to gather before they pull.)

Fire is bad enough, but the boundary in Darkglimpse is *invisible* and still an instakill.  And the monsters spawn outside it and then walk in.  Hug the core and don't use gapclosers.  (One good thing about Darkglimpse though, your run will never be ruined by a jerk running ahead.)

I'd rather be fighting monsters, pirates and Dark Chi users than "fighting" fire that instantly appears out of nowhere.  Let alone when another player can *make* it appear; I haven't heard of anyone deliberately timing their pull to the progress of other players, but there's no reason they couldn't and then pretend it was an accident.

1 hour ago, Partholonian said:

I don't think you've actually seen this mechanic at work.  The fire appears and kills you BEFORE you know where it's going to spawn.  There isn't even a pattern on the ground that shows the danger zone.  Upthread there's even someone who posted that one of the Dragonblood pillars is inside where the fire is going to spawn!  (Especially bad because BRN, as the first full-party dungeon, teaches that the pillar is a safe place for the party to gather before they pull.)

Fire is bad enough, but the boundary in Darkglimpse is *invisible* and still an instakill.  And the monsters spawn outside it and then walk in.  Hug the core and don't use gapclosers.  (One good thing about Darkglimpse though, your run will never be ruined by a jerk running ahead.)

I'd rather be fighting monsters, pirates and Dark Chi users than "fighting" fire that instantly appears out of nowhere.  Let alone when another player can *make* it appear; I haven't heard of anyone deliberately timing their pull to the progress of other players, but there's no reason they couldn't and then pretend it was an accident.

Yeah, I know that. But that's the fault of the idiot who doesn't like to wait for anyone. When I see someone in the minimap rushing like his life is in danger i'll just go as fast as him to avoid being killed (And ignore mobs because he will aggroed them, so, they will not attack me). However i don't agree with this people (Actually it happened to me with my Summoner today), that's why I said a timer would be great, but a door or something would be the same thing for me.
And I said the hug thing because LOTS of times I see people suicide like 4 times by the fire... on a round.

Archived