Remove firewalls and sentry orbs from dungeons.

NueHoujuu

2 minutes ago, Karurosuda said:

Why are you applying a concept like that to a video game,  where things should be more or less equal opportunity.

You're just full of scapegoats aren't you? A rule of design is that a design shouldn't frustrate a player if it hinders them in a way that isn't directly their fault; a design done right would be overcome-able through effort or the right course of direct player action,  not dictated by situation like this flaw is. All games are designed based on this format,  and some games fall short because they don't take it all into consideration. But Ive yapped enough trying to convince a minority otherwise.

As someone so eloquently put it.  These have been in the games like BnS for years.  They won't be going anywhere.  Here is a hint.  Stop running into the flames and expecting different results.  If you die in it you die in it.  You can see how far ahead the player is based on their location on your minimap.  You run in and die...again Darwinism at work.  

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

Stop running into the flames and expecting different results.  If you die in it you die in it.  You can see how far ahead the player is based on their location on your minimap.  You run in and die...again Darwinism at work.  

I'm starting to question whether you're even playing the same game.

99% of the time someone is killed by the flamewall, it's because they were still in the killzone when someone jumped the gun and hit the boss. The flames weren't even there while they were moving, and it would have taken them a whopping extra 3 seconds to get past it, but some idiot goes ahead and rushes the boss. Those in the killzone weren't intentionally running into the flames, but rather seeking to do their fair share in damaging the boss and clearing the dungeon.

Also, new players don't necessarily know the flamewall points on the map.

By telling people that they shouldn't go past the flames and wait out until the boss resets or dies, you are in fact encouraging leeching/AFKing.

I think they should either change the firewalls into some other method to prevent players accessing the boss room or change the placement of the firewalls/turrets.  The firewall in Forgotten Tomb is bad enough.  Why place it at the Dragonblood Recharger which is right outside the boss room?  I walked into the boss room and didn't even attack the boss and my two friends that was at the DragonBlood Recharger died by the firewall/turret.

1 minute ago, DrowningEarth said:

I'm starting to question whether you're even playing the same game.

99% of the time someone is killed by the flamewall, it's because they were still in the killzone when someone jumped the gun and hit the boss. The flames weren't even there while they were moving, and it would have taken them a whopping extra 3 seconds to get past it, but some idiot goes ahead and rushes the boss. Those in the killzone weren't intentionally running into the flames, but rather seeking to do their fair share in damaging the boss and clearing the dungeon.

Also, new players don't necessarily know the flamewall points on the map.

By telling people that they shouldn't go past the flames and wait out until the boss resets or dies, you are in fact encouraging leeching/AFKing.

Oh i've been killed by the flames once.  All I did was res and move on.  

i had 5 people zerg rush boss on me while I was out of windwalk energy, so like 5 rooms worth of fire caught and killed me.

After that I just rushed through to each boss ahead of them and solo/duo'd everything if anyone could keep up with me while the rest lay there.

=/

I also thought that these firewalls (with or without sentries) are stupid, especially since you dont know where they spawn. Do die just because it spawnt basically IN the boss room (looking at you, bsh sisters) is dumb. 

+1, approving this. 

On 18/2/2016 at 5:45 PM, NueHoujuu said:

Just bloating up one of the suggestions from the megathread in my signature...

But those firewalls are annoying and pointless. Why do we have to be insta killed for not getting into the room if someone rushes ahead of all of us, or if we just happen to lag, or if we eat a dumpling to heal at the wrong place?

Please replace the firewalls with this type of door.

Don't forget to make the door appear different for each player. The door should allow everyone to pass it once. If you die and respawn outside of it, it becomes the red door and you can't go back in until all party members have beaten the boss or died to the boss.

If one player dies and respawns, he should see the red door - while another player who hasn't even gotten into the boss room once, should see a different open version of the door.

This is to prevent players from telling someone to wait outside the door so they can "keep the door open for people who died to come back in for infinite lives". Must be on a player to player basis.

Just no.

This mechanic is awesome. You slack? You get fired by the wall. Next time you won't waste others time.

Crying on the forum because you were slow, is this thing really happening? 

6 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Just no.

This mechanic is awesome. You slack? You get fired by the wall. Next time you won't waste others time.

Not anyone's fault people have bad loading times. Not anyone's fault people run out of stamina. The only fault is impatience and poor design choices.

8 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Just no.

The same thing can be achieved with a red door that broadcasts to everyone "Battle started, the gate will close in 1 minute."

Except my way isn't obnoxious as the firewall with ranged turrets.

Also the majority of players are slower than me to getting to the bosses. I have to wait for them to get over there so I don't have to deal with the hassle of soloing. If my suggestion were implemented I could go in solo and they could still get in.

Clearly other players are slow and I'm being disadvantaged by it because they can't get in if I proc fire wall.

8 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Just no.

I can tell you haven't been to enough dungeons. Just wait till someone glitches a door or skips mobs to go after the boss and gets your party nuked.

I'd be impressed if you actually did that in a dungeon like 4/6 man BRSC/BSH, considering you'd be shooting yourself in the foot by gimping your DPS against those bosses.

I suggest whoever is trigger happy fight the boss all by himself.See how long he's gonna do it. Don't forget he doesn't wait either for people to take their dragonblood.I even saw people on a 2nd boss and people weren't even finish for the 1st boss loot.To me those people have no place in a group.Let them solo entire thing since they seems to not be working well within a group.

Not gonna complain but i hate the firewalls at bsh sisters lol. I ran 6 man bsh party and this one person wasnt anywhere near the firewall like 2 feet away and he died. Then i tried to rezz him then i died also xD i wasnt even near it lol i swear the firewall is a freakin ninja.

Most game would simply use a barrier to block player from entering, it won't kill you but you can't participate which is actually a better option than a firewall.

I feel that BnS dev is kinda sadistic to put a firewall there, I mean there is no reason to kill a player just because the other jump the gun right, a simple barrier with countdown would have been sufficient.

21 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Just no.

That is an incredibly dumb comment. You can die for several reasons.

1) You're only several feet behind and someone starts the boss. It doesn't need to happen to me to have an impact on everyone else.

2) The fire locations vary in location, some of them apply the instant death even if you're not in the visual area.

3) Backing into fire in cramped areas is painful. (Happened once by mistake on the twins in the blackram dungeon)

4) I may go back to help someone who may be stuck in combat where instead of helping them so we can get through it faster, you decide to either wait or start it anyway

2 and 3 aren't necessarily such a bad thing that can be learned to avoid, but overall it's stupid for someone who had the patience of a walnut to screw the whole thing up and make it take longer. Congrats on supporting a system that punishes 'wasting others time' by wasting others time... Can't really expect much from people who only care about themselves though. If you're that bothered waiting a few extra seconds to make sure everyones there, start taking adderall or something.

I think its not that bad... I mean, if you know there's alredy fire and a ball who insta-kill you, why you go to hug it? Its not like it will magical let you pass. Even if you don't know what happens, if you see fire I think the best option its to not touch it.

I would be more happy if they fix that bug who let you pass through the door with SS.

Archived