Petition for Vote-Kick option in Cross Server Dungeons

Huan

Reason: There are too many people who are AFK in dungeons in entrance, just bidding as boss is killed. Too bad noone can do anything about it. 

Some things to be careful when implementing system:

1. If they get more than majority of votes they are kicked out. 

2. People in same guild's votes count as 1(No matter how much there are)

This should stop people from abusing the vote-kick system if it is implemented. 

However we definitely need a vote-kick option. There are so many people(90% of the dungeons that I play) that go afk, and sometimes, just bid at the end for moonwater tears and stuff.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeap it's happening a lot more from what I can see at the moment. It doesn't concern me as I just enter and start pulling mobs, if people are slow then it's their fault for having wooden computers.

But there should indeed be a vote kick option.

+1

There should be a system against AFK-ers.

Either:

(a) Implement a vote-kick option -or-

(b) Anyone who can't even dish out at least 5% damage against the boss should be exempted from the end chest/ loots/ exp/ bidding. And 5% is a VERY low figure.

2 hours ago, Kaom said:

Not happening , this will be abused . Instead make friends and play the game together :3

Abuse? How so? (pardon my question)

30 minutes ago, Emya said:

"You don't have maxed out best gear possible?" -> kick

"You're just level 19 in Blackram Narrows?" -> kick

"You're over level 40 in Blackram Narrows and would outbid me if a costume dropped?" -> kick

"You're lagging?" -> kick

"I don't like your name..." -> kick

"I don't like some guy from your clan..." -> kick

"I'm bored, kicking random people is fun..." -> kick

Do you really think that AFK is the only reason why would people initiate vote for kick?

33 minutes ago, Emya said:

Like for example, going with few friends and queuing for a pug, and then vote kicking the extra guy before the loot?

That's the only way I can think of, not sure if that's what Kaom meant..

2 hours ago, sharka said:

"You're over level 40 in Blackram Narrows and would outbid me if a costume dropped?" -> kick

Do you really think that AFK is the only reason why would people initiate vote for kick?

I thought the proposed kick option is a consensus between party members?

So unless everybody's a jerk, kick initiated by the party leader according to his whim is ineffective.

+1. I would like to see some response from NCWEST regarding to people afks in entrance and just sit there. we can't kick them since they are not offline and they get to participate in biddings for loots as well.

is this even banable? i sure hope so since they are doing nothing to get free loots

Not a kick but some system.

This is a good option:

Emya: (b) Anyone who can't even dish out at least 5% damage against the boss should be exempted from the end chest/ loots/ exp/ bidding. And 5% is a VERY low figure. - This can even be as low as 0.5% since the problem is that they don't even move from the starting point

Also: Kick option can be enabled when the players does no damage input for more than (90) seconds. It's enabled when someone goes offline.

There are so many other solution to solve this. But the kick option I agree that it would create more problems than it solves

10 minutes ago, Emya said:

So unless everybody's a jerk, kick initiated by the party leader according to his whim is ineffective.

Everybody a jerk? You'd be surprised in NA. This isn't an attack against NA players, it's a fact.

The offline rejoin party system is a real headache saver too... yet here nobody can wait a minute and wants to just kick them. It's not like a replacement will be able to join and run through the dungeon to where you are any faster than this guy might take to rejoin.

Signed.  +1

2 hours ago, sharka said:

It's like you've never played a game with votekick before.  Or perhaps you're one of the AFKers I've been seeing?

I hear this lame argument all the time.  I won't lie, sometimes people initiate a votekick for stupid, selfish reasons.  It does happen.  Luckily though, the vote has to PASS before anything happens.  That means everyone in the group (besides you, if you're the one being voted on) has to agree to kick you.  It's called consensus.  If there's no consensus there's no kick.  If the group decides to kick you for a stupid reason, well, that's the group's decision.  Sucks to be you.  Yeah, you'll have to requeue.  But at the end of the day that's going to be a rare occurence.  The occasional misunderstanding and unfair kick is far, FAR better than a constant stream of AFK players ruining the dungeon for everyone.

11 minutes ago, Emya said:

How about I play with 3 friends, I invite another one for 4-man dungeons and BAM! You're kicked :)

2 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

Everybody a jerk? You'd be surprised in NA. This isn't an attack against NA players, it's a fact.

Nah, I still have my faith on our player base... not everyone acts poorly.

Personally, I've met a LOT of good people who gave tips and even accompanied me to places, especially when I was just starting.

2 minutes ago, Profyrion said:

Or perhaps you're one of the AFKers I've been seeing?

Well, if I'm one of the AFKers, then you are one of those who kick others on whim, right? Maybe you shouldn't accuse players for simply disagreeing with you.

10 minutes ago, naBstaer said:

How about I play with 3 friends, I invite another one for 4-man dungeons and BAM! You're kicked :)

If you and your 2 friends all decide to be pricks and exploit the votekick to troll people, you're going to find yourselves on the wrong end of the ban stick eventually.  That kind of collusion is very easy to detect and you're going to stick out like a sore thumb to a GM.  So... enjoy that.

You'd be surprised how rare this is.  Right now, one guy can be a douche all day with very little consequence and ruin the fun of dozens, perhaps hundreds of people in a single play session.  With votekick, a group of 3 or 5 can ruin the fun of 1 person at a time for as long as they can keep it up.  But that requires some careful planning and the willing participation of all parties.  You're not going to find that sort of group behavior very often and the impact it has on players is minimal compared to the alternative.

7 minutes ago, sharka said:

Well, if I'm one of the AFKers, then you are one of those who kick others on whim, right? Maybe you shouldn't accuse players for simply disagreeing with you.

It's good to know you're focusing on the important part of my post.  Nice job.

2 minutes ago, Zarec said:

If they do implement it. It needs to no longer be possible to kick someone after 10 min. 

I've seen it done where, after you submit a vote to kick, whether it passes or not you're put on a cooldown for 3-5 minutes.  So you can't just spam votekicks to annoy the group.

I'm all for some sort of kick option for removing toxic/unhelpful/leeches players that join teams in cross-server. Here's how I think it should go:

- Allow either a party leader kick or party vote kick BEFORE the first boss is attacked.

- All kick options are disabled during boss fights.

(If first boss is attacked but is not killed and COMPLETELY de-aggro'd, re-activate both kicking options)

- Completely disable party leader kick after first boss is killed.

- *6-man Run Specific*: After first boss is killed, disable party leader kick, but keep party vote kick throughout the remainder of the dungeon as full 5/5 to remove 6th member or 4/4 if only 5 members to remove 5th or 3/3 if only 4 members to remove 4th etc etc.

- *4-man Run Specific*: Party leader kick & party vote kick enabled before first boss is attacked and disabled once attacked.  

(If first boss is attacked but is not killed and COMPLETELY de-aggro'd, re-activate both kicking options). 

- BOTH kick options are disabled from the death of the first boss and onward.

- Implement hidden damage consistency recorder (hidden from players) done onto BOSSES, this is not a set amount needed to do on the boss as your part, but a consistent amount of damage being dealt by each player [number(s) to be determined by dev team if they consider this]. If none is being done or the consistency is not being met, the player will get a warning, if not improved within 30 seconds, they are removed from the party during boss fight.

- Implement a [(faster?) If there even is one for dungeons] AFK kick timer that cannot be dodged by moving cursor around or moving around a few feet. Maybe timer reset by attacking a mob, or talking in say/party chat?

[If I have any more ideas or if anyone makes any good points to improve this I'll re-edit]

honestly a vote kick system is bad but an afk kick system should be fine

something like

Player has been Afk for 5 mins kick Y/n?

you could even extend it to if they are in the previous area for 5 mins it will ask but if a bid is currently in place it won't ask until the 5 mins after the bid is complete

because there is a history of Lemmings on Vote to kick options like

"ah someone is voting to kick obviously the other person must have done wrong (yes)"

and this community seems like it would fall under that category

3 hours ago, sharka said:

i can Definitely see this happening with the whole party

No will be abused, some of u are really dumb or new to this crap kicking vote system in games. I will tell you few exemples of 1000's ways how would be abused and like others already said players will abuse vote kicking to kick others at will with or without reason.

Tthe game Skyforge for exemple have that option to vote kick players from PT's (PVE/PVP), they just try to kick players out just like that without any reason 99% of the time, just 1 player suddendly starts the vote to kick out "Player A, B" etc.

Then u will start to see forum getting flooded with posts from players "crying/complaining" getting kicked from PT's just like that.

Dont like AFKER's etc etc leave the damn PT and find another 1, usually takes just less than 1 min to find new PT, do with friends or join clan, problem solved.

Vote kicking does not solve anything only brings more problems.

24 minutes ago, Emya said:

Nah, I still have my faith on our player base... not everyone acts poorly.

Personally, I've met a LOT of good people who gave tips and even accompanied me to places, especially when I was just starting.

The problem is that both exist, and in great quantity, in almost all games. Existence of good players doesn't mean bad things don't exist.

Archived