Forums

Ncsoft's "security" system

tucky

NCSoft offers two-factor authentication for BnS. You/your brother/whatever have pretty much no excuse for getting hacked like this.

Had you set it up, even with a keylogger it would be virtually impossible for anyone to hack into your account without knowing your email account and password, your NCSoft login AS WELL AS having access to your mobile device.

18 minutes ago, Teisho said:

NCSoft offers two-factor authentication for BnS. You/your brother/whatever have pretty much no excuse for getting hacked like this.

Had you set it up, even with a keylogger it would be virtually impossible for anyone to hack into your account without knowing your email account and password, your NCSoft login AS WELL AS having access to your mobile device.

So you read this -quoting OP

"don t be like us and believe the pin code actually protects you. It's just for looks, and to make you click like a dumbass at the game startup, thinking this somehow protects you. IT DOES NOT.

Set up the authentificator in advance before some hacker gets trough ncsoft dumb security policy."

And you thought, I'm going to preach about the 2 step authenticator to this guy, he must know!

Seriously, try to comprehend the issue before posting.

1 minute ago, Centimani said:
1 minute ago, Centimani said:

"don t be like us and believe the pin code actually protects you. It's just for looks, and to make you click like a dumbass at the game startup, thinking this somehow protects you. IT DOES NOT.

Set up the authentificator in advance before some hacker gets trough ncsoft dumb security policy."

And you thought, I'm going to preach about the 2 step authenticator to this guy, he must know!

Set up the authentificator in advance before some hacker gets trough ncsoft dumb security policy. "

And you thought, I'm going to preach about the 2 step authenticator tho this guy, he must know!

I am articulating that there is no sympathy from me, considering that he seems to have already known that there was two-factor authentication.

Just now, Teisho said:

I am articulating that there is no sympathy from me, considering that he seems to have already known that there was two-factor authentication.

Well thanks for sharing, your post has been very constructive and insightful to this discussion.

2 minutes ago, Centimani said:

Well thanks for sharing, your post has been very constructive and insightful to this discussion.

You're very welcome. If you'd like to know more please don't hesitate to ask.

I'd be more than willing to help out.

Just now, Teisho said:

You're very welcome. If you'd like to know more please don't hesitate to ask.

I'd be more than willing to help out.

Just keep posting mate, gotta get that count up! Almost 1000, congrats, do you display this much knowledge in all your posts?!

44 minutes ago, LordStark said:

you don't understand how is the pin code system works 

when u log in the security system asks for verification code , which have been send to your email and when u verify it

u can choose to save your IP (this option is useless if you are using VPN or your ISP gives you Static ip)

so you don't have to open your email every single time you need to enter the game or the forum just insert your username and password 

when they have created the bin code system they didn't create it to protect your account in case of your email have been hacked 

if your email have been hacked ,then all the hacker needs to do to get your account is to reset password

and that is not ncsoft fault it's yours the system works just fine if u didn't get your email hacked just like any other system

so check your pc for trojen or keyloger , or check your fiend's pc who knows your account info

their account protection system is the good but ingame protection against cheats and bots is really bad 

He's not talking about that pin. He's talking about the 6 digit numbers that you have to press using your mouse before you choose your character. Apparently it can be reset/changed without any notification to email.

PIN can be changed without email verification only when you are loging into nc account from verified IP.

If you try to log in (and change pin) from IP that is not verified. You recieve an e-mail with something like this:

Your account has been accessed from an unverified location.
IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And this important sentence: If you didn't try to access your account, please contact NCSOFT Support immediately.

When the verification is done and you decide to save IP as verified there is another similar e-mail with this text: "If you didn't verify this IP address, please contact NCSOFT Support immediately. ".

To this day, I've never been hacked... not even my friends have had issues like that.

Maybe stop searching for bots and hacks, opening acc on suspicious sites, etc.

We can pretty much safely assume his "friend" most likely tried to hack and this is what happens.

People don't lose their accounts randomly, sorry, it just doesn't happen randomly.

It makes no sense too. Why would someone pick a random guy and then go into his acc, these ppl have bigger fish to catch. He made it easy for them in some way, as I said, most likely he tried to do stupid shit and this is his punishment. How sad must he be, he tried to hack himself and now he lost everything huehuehue

He might have also bought gold, or arena boosting services. Those people saw his ugly character and decided to do a favor for the community and delete his ass.

• 1 month later...

You people are quite ignorant. It never happened to me so it must be your fault is very narrowed way of thinking. My acc got hacked and I am bit paranoid about security. I have separate e-mail for bs. Not buying any gold or clicking strange links.  No I do not have key logger. No my email did not get hacked and yes the were able to reset password somehow. How do I know my e-mail didn't get hacked - cause I have logs. Same for key logger - I have multi-layered protection on my PC cause I tend to send paychecks from it... so yeah bit paranoid there. And yet - got hacked somehow. There seem to be some kind of security error on nc soft side. Also ability to change e-mail address assigned to account is crazy idea. Only way do do that should be through support ticket. 

after reading the first few posts, here's the argument i would think and work on.

*imaginary lawyer mode*

Honorable juries, I present to you the case where my client, the "paying" user in an online medium, has been mislead in multiple series of occasions leading to his/her mental breakdown, depression and ill-health*cough*.

My client, the user, has agreed to the "Terms & Conditions" provided by the "Company X" *cough*without properly reading it*cough* and is entitled to a certain level of protection of privacy to an extend in "hope & belief" on "proper"(unknown), "lawfully"(doubt it) practice of business.

But! Once more my client! is brought to the blink of inhumane despair, a form of despicable torture! but! not just to this person but! many more, others, many more human just like you and me. But the ones responsible, hides in the shadows, muted in hopes that the storm will pass by without have the take any action, without having them deal with outcome of problem they, themselves put on, not to one! but! many many more.

If such action are left uncheck with those around us with power! to do something!, what shall come of in the future for the rest. Next, it might be one of us! with a possibility there for the situation to be much much worst! So, should WE not take up the charge to bring justice and light to those in the dark. Those afar.

Ladies. Gentlemen. I urge you, to look and see what is happening now. And I ask you, is this right? Is this what the world has come to?

well what a coincidence i created a topic how to efficiently set up security measures. guess what. it went completely ignored. 0 replys, 0 views :) people probably want to get hacked or something. /shrug

Archived