After Seeing Black Desert's Cash Shop Prices...Loving BnS Prices.

Talrune

After seeing the cash shop prices today for Black Desert Online I am very pleased with Blade And Soul's current price points.  BDO wants upwards of 30 dollars or more for some costumes and its a B2P game ouch.  Cannot complain about BnS prices after that.

you can buy them separately,  can pick up both  weapon skin+outfit or just buy the outfit solely  . still cost a little higher than bns, but considering there are not that much out fit available even in Kr server, it's not that horrible, besides, they charge $70 for a whole bundle in Kr. 

Just now, Meiling said:

The comparison isn't a bad thing, you know that right? He's basically saying the prices are a bit retarded there and BnS has the upper hand in this aspect. There's nothing wrong comparing that.

I meant that to people who keep comparing BnS content to BDO content mostly. BnS is a free to play so I didn't expect a great deal of content on it unlike BDO. 

Well I wouldn't go that far. After all if I got the choice between a punch in the arm or a kick in the balls, that doesn't mean I love getting hit in the arm just because it's not as bad as another option... I like this game so far and it gets more hate than it deserves imo. But I still thing things are way too pricey.

12 minutes ago, Primula said:

Blade & Soul does have a fair amount of content, most of it just isn't available in EU/NA yet, and it's not F2P on Korean servers.

Well aware of how big BnS can get since I played other servers.

But if I were to compare it to something like GW2, it's very far away. I'm not saying BnS lacks content, it's a big game (especially once we get content KR has) its just in terms of overall content and completeness, it's hard to compare a F2P like BnS on NA/EU to a B2P like GW2 on NA/EU. If you think about it, you are buying a game with GW2 and BDO but with a Free to play like BnS, yer not exactly in need to contribute any real money to it so its expected that their development would be far different in terms of the budget they can use to keep games running. 

I tend to overlook KR servers since KR developed games tend to be very different on the way they are handled between KR servers and international servers. 

1 hour ago, Trinket said:

From the looks of it, there is actual PvE content in BDO, however.

Here, for now, it's just one big prayer for RNG and the same dungeons.

No there isnt. There are Field bosses that count as "raid". But thats like killing Lycant... There is no PvE content the only thing you can do is grind levels or craft/trade/gather.

Oh and btw they increased the time you need to level up 3 times compared to the Korean version. The Highest KR player is around 68 the last time i checked and now think about leveling 3 times slower. Have fun pvping against people with way more free time as you as soon as they get the 50+ish weapons. Leveling from 50 to 60 is about 1k-2k hours ingame.

You call grinding 1k hours endgame? I dont. There is a reason why BDO isnt popular in KR anymore. Mark my words BDO will be dead after 4-6 Weeks exactly like ArcheAge. ArcheAge was overhyped just like BDO with almost the same features but without any endgame. The only thing BDO has is really good graphics. Other than that you can play it for 4 weeks and have fun but then once you realise leveling takes forever and a normal person wont ever reach max-level and all you do at 50+ is fish or grind mobs yeah.. Not worth it.

2 hours ago, Talrune said:

After seeing the cash shop prices today for Black Desert Online I am very pleased with Blade And Soul's current price points.  BDO wants upwards of 30 dollars or more for some costumes and its a B2P game ouch.  Cannot complain about BnS prices after that.

Most of the costumes in The Secret World are 1200 funcom points but they have some outfits that you can buy for 12000 funcom points, 15000 if you want to unlock it account-wide.  For reference 12000 funcom points is 99 dollars.

1 hour ago, Hongmoon said:

But is it autobind to character and untradeable even within the account like bns? It makes a huge difference.

From what I can tell, the costumes on bdo are class specific, so even if you could trade them to other characters on the account, it would be useless.

And bns is still expensive compared to some other games which is why people complain about it, the bdo prices are just outright silly though.

I just looked it over. There is nothing wrong with bdo's prices. A set cost 20 something, 30 with a weapon skin included. A set includes different pieces which can be mixed and matched with other sets and can also be bought individually for around 3-10. They can also be dyed.

So no, BnS prices like pure white is still garbage in comparison.

2 hours ago, bandsnewbie said:

Most of the costumes in The Secret World are 1200 funcom points but they have some outfits that you can buy for 12000 funcom points, 15000 if you want to unlock it account-wide.  For reference 12000 funcom points is 99 dollars.

You're being very economical with the truth there.

There is only one item that costs that much in the store (maybe 2 if theres a Platinum), and that is the gold outfit which is available in the game for free from events.

All other outfits are around the 1200 Funcom points range.

It all depends on perspective.  I don't buy $20-30 virtual dress up costumes, most of which are still horribly fashioned.  If I'm going to spend that money on clothes, I'll spend it on real clothes.  So BDO has $30 clothes...  $20 clothes in BnS is just as outrageous! 

The difference for me is how NCSoft has chosen to insult subscribers with lesser benefits unless you throw money at them.  How my business is less appreciated than that of someone who spends a lot. How even with the money they're making, still fail to do basic things like control bots.  I don't see that issue with BDO. 

Call me a fan girl, but after playing this for a month, I refuse to give NCSoft any more money, and spent $100 on BDO instead.  I'll give them a shot this weekend, then return here until early access.

10 hours ago, Wrekk said:

You're being very economical with the truth there.

There is only one item that costs that much in the store (maybe 2 if theres a Platinum), and that is the gold outfit which is available in the game for free from events.

All other outfits are around the 1200 Funcom points range.

Uhh yah because i didnt want to waste my time counting how many outfits they had that cost 12000 points.  I saw more than one the very first page so i said "some"...and actually they added a third one since my last posting.  The point i was trying to relay wasnt that they had 1 or 2 or 3 costumes that cost 12000 points...it was that they even had a costume THAT COSTS NINETY NINE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

Archived