I Don't Want To Fight In This !!

Killiah

As a RP'er and PvP'er I find it very constricting when I must put on a specific article of clothing to fight a specific sub group in open world pvp. I love the fact that in arena you basically wear what ever you want whilst crossing swords , fists, axes, ice/heat and cats. In open world pvp I believe the same idea should be implemented. There should simply be a flag turned on or off and maybe a 5 min timer of no fighting activity to be turned back off. What about if I get spawn camped? Well, the option of being able to remove the pvp flag (remove faction outfit) at a re spawn point, only when your dead , should definitely remain for that instance. Its not just constricting for the PvP'er who wants to be able to wear their valentines day outfit and go to town on the opposing faction, but its also constricting for the RP'er who may loveeee to wear their bamboo village outfit but wants no part in fighting anyone AT ALL. I feel a pvp flag would increase variety and remove limitations of what one can, can not, will or will not wear.  

korra_pouty_pout_face_by_rileyav-d53wj3htumblr_m1dyl6T6Fo1r4rt4to1_500.jpg

what you just said is that you want to remove the pvp costume .. and just add a flag instead... because you want to pvp in your normal clothes ..

All I can say... is..... neah. it would be like Aion ... each faction kills the other each chance they get only that you get a 5 min "heads up" . so .. neah

10 minutes ago, LiriC said:

what you just said is that you want to remove the pvp costume .. and just add a flag instead... because you want to pvp in your normal clothes ..

All I can say... is..... neah. it would be like Aion ... each faction kills the other each chance they get only that you get a 5 min "heads up" . so .. neah

hmm never played "Aion" and you lost me with the 5 min heads up...so you may elaborate on that .  5min is too prevent those that switch clothes immediately after so that no one can seek revenge on them. And not sure how much of a difference it makes when people still try to kill when ever they see red " each chance" they see it. Also the fact that those who like to wear their faction outfit but dont want to pvp... this is also the problem. well they shouldn't wear the outfit ...should not be the solution to that

It's how it should be for the game. If you want to fight, you need to put on your uniform for your faction, basically what Jin said, war. There are bound to be uniforms and to be honest, it makes it that much better. I really hope they don't remove this feature since it's something that has stayed and hasn't been changed, nor is there a real reason to change it. Even though I said that, world pvp is terrible, well in my opinion it is. The only joy I get is logging onto my destro to spin on people. Still love the faction outfits and stuff though.

Again , Im not saying remove the uniforms out of the game. Keep them . My opinion is simply stating pvp should not be activated simply on what one wears which is limited to 2 or 3 outfits with little to no variety to them for the main factions. Keep on spinning :] * raises fist*

And you know what ill take this <3!!!! for the variety aspect . Now for the problem some of my soley pve comrades/foes have, with wanting to wear outfit they love but get smacked up for it...what does one suggest here? (besides dont wear the outfit)

2 minutes ago, Froggyman said:

What they ACTUALLY could do, is have more than two uniforms that work. We can compromise here, get a little more variety in while still technically in a red or blue uniform.  A uniform is pretty standard though for PvP-centric games.

If you mean more than one version of the same faction's uniform, Cerulean and Crimson already have variety for clothing. 

2 minutes ago, Froggyman said:

What they ACTUALLY could do, is have more than two uniforms that work. We can compromise here, get a little more variety in while still technically in a red or blue uniform.  A uniform is pretty standard though for PvP-centric games.

Both Reds and Blues have three different costumes you can get. Sub factions are all their own costume. That's quite a bit of variety. You have a grand total of 16 pvp outfits to wear so far... Do you really need more?

2 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Both Reds and Blues have three different costumes you can get. Sub factions are all their own costume. That's quite a bit of variety. You have a grand total of 16 pvp outfits to wear so far... Do you really need more?

Not a matter of needing more so wanting, like some of us have here and there in our gaming experiences.  Its not just a matter of wanting more cerulean outfits but to be able to wear outfits like puglist ,valentines etc, and be able to participate in open world pvp / rp action ... also once again another one seems to forget about the person who may love to wear the faction based outfits but does not want to pvp.

3 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Is that a real question? Do i NEED more? Of course not. Would I like more variety? ...Why the heck wouldn't I? They have a WHOLE team dedicated to cosmetics, you think my suggesting they add a few more is gonna put em behind, or sound ridiculous? Variety is the spice of life...and also really awesome games about kungfu.

Just now, Froggyman said:

Is that a real question? Do i NEED more? Of course not. Would I like more variety? ...Why the heck wouldn't I? They have a WHOLE team dedicated to cosmetics, you think my suggesting they add a few more is gonna put em behind, or sound ridiculous? Variety is the spice of life...and also really awesome games about kungfu.

Okay, so what you are asking for are more pvp outfits, updated regularly, like regular outfits? I don't know if that's going to fly. However I wouldn't be opposed to it, you already have to farm and play PvP regularly to get the other two for your faction, adding 3-5 more and making farm for those doesn't sound like a bad idea. It would make world PvP longer lasting for some people who have to farm longer and harder for higher tier outfits. Paying for them like regular costumes however I would be opposed to. Still as it stands now, you already have 16 costumes you can get for faction PvP. Opening it up for 16 more sound fine to me.

1 minute ago, TopKEK said:

Eh at best they coulda just made a switch that turns PvP on or off. 

The problem i have with this is that you turn PvP into what it is for every other game. Faction unity, colors, etc make this PvP feel unique. I don't want them to scrap the system for a toggle. Sorry I just don't. Costumes are a major draw for this game, costumes that toggle you for pvp is also very cool to me. Adding more costumes is a cool idea. Mirroring the PvP model of so many other games is not cool to me.

1 minute ago, Scorpaeon said:

Okay, so what you are asking for are more pvp outfits, updated regularly, like regular outfits? I don't know if that's going to fly. However I wouldn't be opposed to it, you already have to farm and play PvP regularly to get the other two for your faction, adding 3-5 more and making farm for those doesn't sound like a bad idea. It would make world PvP longer lasting for some people who have to farm longer and harder for higher tier outfits. Paying for them like regular costumes however I would be opposed to. Still as it stands now, you already have 16 costumes you can get for faction PvP. Opening it up for 16 more sound fine to me.

Less to do with getting more outfits, more to do with making non faction outfits usable for faction pvp and faction outfits not activated faction pvp.

So basically along the lines of a switch for PvP where you can turn it on or off depending on what ya need to do. Like along the lines of turn on PvP for cerulean/crimson to do dailies without having to switch outfits. 

Just now, Scorpaeon said:

The problem i have with this is that you turn PvP into what it is for every other game. Faction unity, colors, etc make this PvP feel unique. I don't want them to scrap the system for a toggle. Sorry I just don't. Costumes are a major draw for this game, costumes that toggle you for pvp is also very cool to me. Adding more costumes is a cool idea. Mirroring the PvP model of so many other games is not cool to me.

The one thing I dislike with this game is the fact that I get a badass Cerulean outfit and I can't wear it without risk of getting ganked by Crimson.

That said, my outfit right now isn't faction aligned so I'm not in any problem, just a shame I can't wear Cerulean outfit without some Crimson on my back but hey I won't hold it against them, they are simply playing the game as intended

8 minutes ago, Froggyman said:

2 minutes ago, TopKEK said:

Less to do with getting more outfits, more to do with making non faction outfits usable for faction pvp and faction outfits not activated faction pvp.

So basically along the lines of a switch for PvP where you can turn it on or off depending on what ya need to do. Like along the lines of turn on PvP for cerulean/crimson to do dailies without having to switch outfits. 

Just now, TopKEK said:

The one thing I dislike with this game is the fact that I get a badass Cerulean outfit and I can't wear it without risk of getting ganked by Crimson.

That said, my outfit right now isn't faction aligned so I'm not in any problem, just a shame I can't wear Cerulean outfit without some Crimson on my back but hey I won't hold it against them, they are simply playing the game as intended

And these are the main two pillars of what this post is about in case one doesnt wanna go back to the top to read the mini essay

Well, the OP was specifcally looking at expanding the line up for red and blue faction PvP. While it is true that there are loads of faction outfits, the talus can't for instance, attack everyone, so it doesn't count/can't be worn in a red/blue battle. I think that while having those other factions are cool and all, there isn't any content set up for them/you gain nothing from participating in them, so can you really consider them choices? 16 choices would be great, but you don't have 16 choices for Red/Blue, you only have Three. Part of creating a character is FEELING unique, really finding ways to stand out among the sea of other players.

To some, being able to be spotted and recognized right away is important. When they are, they wanna wear something they feel is awesome, not something they think makes them look dorky, or stupid. It obviously isn't a huge issue by any means, but depending on who you are this could be a pretty big deal.

Asking sweeping changes to game mechanics on this forum is pointless, NCSoft is only responsible for localization and even doing that they done effed up lots of things and do not even have a clue what their patches include ( summoner changes).

So cry all you want, not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Yeah .. reading over the responses again, Ill just bow out. I don't agree, but wont stay around to antagonize the conversation further. Good luck guys.

No your words and opinions matter just as much as mine. Everything cant be yes agree with me. Differences is what makes us all interesting. Thanks for the luck

Just now, SinKiller said:

Asking sweeping changes to game mechanics on this forum is pointless, NCSoft is only responsible for localization and even doing that they done effed up lots of things and do not even have a clue what their patches include ( summoner changes).

So cry all you want, not going to happen.

Aaaaaaand you're wrong. 

NCSoft develops this game, more specifically one of their subsidiary does. Check facts first (: 

Archived