Hacker in game ? Look This

Mathayus

I really don't get why people even bother cheating, where is the fun in that? I understand if people want DPS/ping/etc. meters and stuff and put that in anyway even though it violates ToS (I absolutely do not btw! just saying I understand why people would because the game itself lacks support for it) but straight on hacking is just... sad.. to say the least.

Hope you guys figure out how to deal with it soon.

2 hours ago, Lock6 said:

Hi,

We actively encourage players to report cheaters, but naming and shaming on the forums is not the way to go about it.

While some cases are open and shut, others are not and require more investigation. We do often receive false reports, and while in private channels there is no harm in reporting suspicious activity, on the forums it can lead to problems for innocent players.

I hope this provides a little more insight into why we have to treat cases of naming and shaming in this way.

What about ninja looters? 

We're not allowed to warn other players about who's a ninja and you guys have said nothing besides "We'll look into it". 

You've known about this issue for a couple of weeks now and i have yet to see some news about how devs are planning on dealing with this.

Quote from this topic 

Greetings everyone,

We've forwarded the feedback regarding changing the loot type as a maliciously act towards other party members to the development team and they are looking into ways to address this behavior. We'll be sure to provide any updates whether the team has any plans on implementing measures against this behavior.

To those who encounter this behavior, we highly encourage reporting these players to the support team in the meantime, and they will be able to investigate these players further.

So are you going to disclose any of these updates soon?

You know even though it's messed up to say as, if you were to apply the guidelines i'm about to say in real life wed probably be an even more messed up society. I think when someone breaches the terms of service in such a blatant way as to hack and demean the entire spirit of the game their protection under the rules in the game and forums should completely void and they should be named and shamed into the dirt! :O Imagine a world with a forum section dedicated to outing hackers. it would be more entertaining then anything else, but alas people would be way to aggressive so it'd never work and things would probably degrade into death threats within minutes.

Maybe a system where players can report people for hacking only while in a match with them, and if a person gets reported X amount of time it blocks them from 1 v 1 until review of their account then just impose super strict rules about false reporting people with the feature so that no one tries to abuse it :O who knows.

• NCSOFT
4 minutes ago, Centimani said:

@Lock6

@Rukkirii

If I get no reply to these questions, I'm going to assume nothing has been done and nothing is going to be done about this.

If anyone has some info I missed, feel free to correct me.

Hi,

Please respect your fellow forum users and stay on topic.

As to your question, the only information I can give you is in the post you already quoted.

1 hour ago, Centimani said:

@Lock6

@Rukkirii

If I get no reply to these questions, I'm going to assume nothing has been done and nothing is going to be done about this.

If anyone has some info I missed, feel free to correct me.

They've said plenty of times that they know about master loot steal, they're declaring it's malicious, and that they're developing a solution.

They probably aren't able to just instantly whip up a system modifying the entire loot/party system to just patch into the game.

Plus, they're still working on getting us to the latest version of the game other regions have. (A random rumor says the plan to finish it by 6 months and give us 3 months of practice before doing some PvP tourny).

If the way the system works in later versions of the game is different, then they also have to do extra work to maintain compatibility, keep it updated and consistent between region versions, etc.

38 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

They've said plenty of times that they know about master loot steal, they're declaring it's malicious, and that they're developing a solution.

They probably aren't able to just instantly whip up a system modifying the entire loot/party system to just patch into the game.

Plus, they're still working on getting us to the latest version of the game other regions have. (A random rumor says the plan to finish it by 6 months and give us 3 months of practice before doing some PvP tourny).

If the way the system works in later versions of the game is different, then they also have to do extra work to maintain compatibility, keep it updated and consistent between region versions, etc.

Hi,

Please respect your fellow forum users and stay on topic.

29 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

The fact that the loot system was designed that way in the first place was a poor decision, but fixing it really shouldn't be that hard, the first hotfix would simply be disabling master loot on the cross-server dungeons, as that is where most of the exploiting of this happens.

But don't get me wrong, they can take as much time they want, it doesn't affect me, I've never encountered someone who has been a malicious party leader. The only instance I've met someone being malicious when it comes to the loot is when someone got irritated that I eventually gave up on bidding for a soul shield (guess he thought I was just raising the prize, gave up at about 8 silver) and decided that I should pay a boatload for my infernal weapon, it backfired on him though, as I just let him have it after it reached around 16 silver...

2 minutes ago, NueHoujuu said:

I'm just going off of how NCSoft says even changing the skill descriptions in the tome is "a much bigger task than we think".

Along with some experience of trying to manage different branching versions of coding projects myself.

Well, the string system for the skill descriptions was quite complicated I believe they said, which is why it's simply not possible to translate it just like that. But that is a problem because of it's complexity. Removing a single element from the UI for the time being wouldn't be as complicated. I'm not sure they differentiate cross-realm and in-server party options however... so removing it from only one might not be as easy as it seems.

But yeah, branching versions on projects is a real handful to handle, had some bad experience with that as well.

1 minute ago, NueHoujuu said:

Oh I thought we were talking about doing something like adding vote confirmation to changing loot rules or making them unchangeable during boss fights/combat, etc.

Nah, that would be a lot more bothersome, since that would be adding functionality, something they might do eventually, but removing or hiding the option for the time being would be much easier, at least until they can make a permanent fix. Haven't worked much in unreal engine though, so I might be hitting way out of my league.

ANSWER What I got from NCsoft is , I do not think going from nothing .

Thank you for taking the time to report this possible violation of the rules. We will investigate the issue and take appropriate action against anyone found to be violating the User Agreement.

For privacy reasons, we are not able to provide specific information about what action is taken in response to this report. I'm sorry that we aren't able to provide more information about the outcome in this case. We do take these reports very seriously, and we will do everything we can to verify what happened.

Regards,
Alfred
NCSOFT Support Team

Archived