What's wrong with all the Toxicism in PvE?

Grevier

4 minutes ago, deadmesa said:

44's don't belong in the blue dungeons. I've never once had a 44 in a party that didn't need to pug or be carried.

You can't live with a 44 in a 6 man Blue Dungeon? I've saw some dramas...

I hope the next step its not gonna be people raping female characters FemiNazis way.

I'm with you OP, this game community just pisses me off take the game way too fking seriously, not even the Vindictus community is this bad and I been playing that one for awhile now, another thing I hate is when I'm fighting a boss NPC or gathering "both alone" while in my faction outfit "for the dallies" some dumb fker gotta come jump in for a kill and mess up my chance, like can't you see I'm busy wait until I beat the guy or gather that one thing than you can go ham ham. 

48 minutes ago, Grevier said:

Nevermind... seems like you're proving points in here too.

That's why it's always better to join a guild...and why I'm always a solo player lol. Not quite that wide of a span of guilds that are more for fun than hardcore yet tho.

But yeah I don't agree that under leveled players should be in high level dungeons. (ex: lvl 15 in blackram etc) However I do agree many people got a stick lost in their ass somewhere.

Unlike many others, this topic is made to make a discussion about thinking about if this may be an actual problem or not.

"AND problems do not get solved until being discussed."

Im using the Forum as it should used to be.

You instead, are consuming your keyboard.

So, since you're not usefull for the topic, you had your troll posts, and now can take your leave.

33 minutes ago, Grevier said:

- People bitching at every single skip

- Bashing on Level 44 on Blue Dungeons

- Looking from feet to top on others gear

Seriously... how come this is the most Toxic PvE community I've ever faced?

What's wrong with you people?

- Not sure about that or whatcha mean that is.

- Well, thing is that lv44 player can't do a thing in those dungeons, they get killed too fast which becomes a problem. Solution is just to get to 45 first and get at least moonwater arena soul shields.

- Well if they wanna see 18+ pics, sure. xD

Granted I don't completely agree w/ OP. As I see it, no lv20- should be running Blacknarrow purple dungeon either. It is better now because we have more lv45s. When game first launched, everyone is low lv20s, just one person below lv20 you basically dragging everyone down and wasting time. What kind of team-work is that if you are constantly dying, takes forever to bid on loot? Especially rez takes a long time and to wait for run back can take long too.

There is a reason why there are recommended level displayed when you toggle over each dungeon.

But I do have to agree that for some reason most ppl in this game just have less patience and 2 times the anger store up waiting to explode at any moment. To be frank, faction dailies are such a hassle, always felt like I escaped the gates of hell when I am able to finish them in peace... I feel no satisfaction in ganking a low lvl player because I am guarantee to win as lv45. Rather pathetic when lv45s just standby waiting on unsuspecting lv lows or PvE spec lv45 and sneak in on them.

The things I hear...

I was level 43 (or 44 I dont really remember) when I first went in a blue 45 dungeon. The quests sent me there and I went.

Mind you, I did my job, didnt die, and wasnt a hassle to any of my party members.

Sure I didnt had the best DPS to help, but was good enough to be there. 

I wasnt the only one below 45, the dungeon didnt took that long, and went smooth.

I dont see a reason why people would react badly just cause they a see a lvl 43-44 in those dungeons, below that, I see the problem. (Unless he's really a liability to the party)

People getting mad about 44s in blue dungeons obviously don't remember leveling. When I personally was leveling, I hit all of these dungeons before I hit level 45. i was told to do them in a quest, I joined the dungeon lobby, got a party, no issues. You're trying to tell me this is wrong? That instead of performing the content for the first time when I reach it naturally, and I'm allowed to go into the dungeon, that I SHOULDN'T, because it would be a little bit harder to do?

Well not only is that selfish, it's completely backwards. If it wasn't supposed to be done until 45, the natural progression of leveling would not coincide with these dungeons, you wouldn't even have been told about them until you were supposed to enter them.

To sum it all up, 44s are SUPPOSED to be there, those dungeons are first available right around 44-45, getting the quest done nets you a decent chunk of exp, and sets you up for possibly getting ahold of leveling items a bit early. I personally would wait to grind these dungeons until I was higher, but to just do them once for a daily, or as you freakin reach the content is totally fine.

People really do take this game WAY too seriously, but a lot of it is time management, and concerns of not having enough time/having their time wasted. We are ALL trying to farm these massive amounts of materials and gold, but it doesn't mean we should go crazy and become greedy, selfish, cutthroat people who don't have the extra FIVE minutes it MIGHT take to help someone with a little less power through the dungeons.

I run into a lot of nice people, but some of the people for sure should be ashamed of themselves. At the end of the day, even if you are paying for it, it's still just a game, meant to relax or excite during leisure time. If you are a streamer or trying to run it into a job, cool! Really, that's cool, but it doesn't mean anyone around you has to care anywhere near the amount you do. It's meant to be fun, and it CAN be taken casually, just as well as it can be taken seriously. There is room for both.

49 minutes ago, deadmesa said:

44's don't belong in the blue dungeons. I've never once had a 44 in a party that didn't need to pug or be carried.

Pretty sure I was actually lvl 44 when I got my first quest to go into a blue dungeon (Ogong one, I believe?  Or whatever that ape is called), so I'd have to argue if the game sends me there, I belong there.

I don't believe I died, and as a destroyer specced to give crit/focus when I grab, (i.e. correctly specced) So long as I'm doing a good job of holding the enemy over my head, I feel I'm doing my part.

I once carried lvl 41 and 2 x 44 in my group in cross server. They got messed up a bit cause of low HP but did pretty well and nobody bitched and we finished it just fine. As you can see it did not kill me to help someone out. Lol. But if someone has so little patience or is such an elitist prick- get a guild or pre-made group and problem solved. No more random people "ruining" stuff for you. :)

1 hour ago, Grevier said:

I think cause a good number of players are the impatient kids/immature adults type. (not saying all) You know, the kind that quit dungeons half way cause everyone doesnt have the top notch gear and 1shot the boss speedrunz. :I

soooooo many i seen. 

the full on 45 purple dungeons have it bad. I went through 4 parties with those sorts all quitting half way, and it wasnt even half bad. 5th was a success.

1 hour ago, Grevier said:

Free to play games tend to attract that sort of people :) Only in LoL I saw a community worse as the one I see here, sadly :|

I never had an issue with playing with lower levels for certain dungeons. Yeh, they may have got messed up a bit but that's how they learn. If they don't learn now, who's to say they'll actually be prepared later on without dying a few times anyway? I dealt with the hate at lvl 44 for E.Supply Chain (24 person) recently too. A person told me I was "too low level" despite the fact that I ran the dungeon multiple times before hand (and I let them know that). Their other excuse was not wanting to revive me. I never asked to if I died there.  I just went with a different party, got my level and dailies without dying. People just assume but yeh, no one should judge someone based on their level. They don't know the skill of the player behind the screen anyway.

And I do agree that this game is pretty toxic in chat. I mean, I've played some games that were toxic but it usually dimmers down when it becomes "less new" and people stop complaining about the same things over and over again. I've got my friends and clan in the mean time~

I've never experienced anyone being toxic in the xserver dg. The only time I've seen people react is when there's like 20's in ToE, etc. And even then we all just leave usually without a word. Even runs when someone does something stupid and gets the party wiped people are usually surprisingly passive about it. I've definitely known communities where some dead *cricket* would start insulting every member of your ancestry for some of the things that happen in dungeons, lmao.

When someone questioned a low level once they actually said "what? I'm just here for the outfit" like we're gonna carry them and THEN let them get the rare drops. Most people are doing dg for dailies and don't want to spend more time on it than they have to dying or having a gimp slot.

Archived