Lvl 40 and I still don't understand how I'm supposed to PvE

Totsy30

As the title says, I'm extremely confused with how I'm supposed to defeat harder enemies, such as in dreadtide arena. I don't understand how I'm supposed to block attacks once I've used my back dash/shield. Do I have to spec into the .5 sec parry with Tab and work on timing that? As of this point, I just can't foresee any possible way of beating bosses in the tower. I have leveled an assassin, KFM, and a BM, so I've grown very accustomed to blocking/countering attacks, but destroyer to my knowledge just can't block or evade attacks in any efficient way. It's not like I have some incredibly large amount of health either, so I just constantly die.

Someone please help me understand how I'm supposed to deal with enemies.

Dreadtide Arena, you can just CC that mofo into next year. That should not be giving you trouble no matter how you spec.

• Learn to animation cancel Cleave. 10% heal variant. That alone will get you quite far.
  • Deflect Hurricane is something I spec all the time due to its incredible utility. Works wonders in PvP, works wonders in PvE.
  • 1 point in Grab is handy for wasting some time for cooldowns and draining extra with Wedge.
  • Take at least 1 point in Gale for the knockdown break.
  • Points in stone shield can go all over, but I usually just take it for the extra CC and extend with Ram (which doesn't break the shield). Good way to prep a grab on joint attack enemies. Alternatively, roll half-cooldown one. You should get 4 seconds of block every 15 seconds or so as long as you're hitting 6s grab and shield on cooldown and spamming Wedge.
  • Smash stage 2 heals. You may not need it.
  • Emberstomp stage 2 doubles heal from Wedge and Smash. You may not need it.
  • You don't really need points in Searing Strike, but don't neglect its use.

yeah, Destro is different the HFM and BM as their principle defensive skills are CC's, not blocks. Blade dance too doesn't use blocks, instead relies on dodging and CC. so get used to intermixing your CC, and taking full advantage of stun/KD time with your high damage skills. I find the destro more proactive, whereas BM/KFM are reactive.

and everything that Game said :D

Archived