Cetra

Put True Pirate & All Future End-Game Gear in Cash Shop

Recommended Posts

Volton   
Just now, TopKEK said:

???

Don't know what directx is?

Win7 uses direct 11, win10 already d12, while blade and soul still runs on d9 only. Until they make it run on at least d10 it's not gonna get any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TopKEK   
1 minute ago, Volton said:

Don't know what directx is?

Win7 uses direct 11, win10 already d12, while blade and soul still runs on d9 only. Until they make it run on at least d10 it's not gonna get any better.

Oh right. 

 

I saw Direct 9 and initially thought DirectX as well but didn't wanna assume. 

 

Yeah this is some 2012 stuff we got going on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not the same because you are buying gold from other players and that's the effort of someone, it's different than someone buying gold from cash shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fruitie   

The only reason you should p2w (guys don't take that too literally) is if it benefits other players. Ie free players get your ncoin for doing so. Without out that all you're doing is creating an imbalance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad idea... Very bad idea... Pay to Win is the worse thing to happen to any mmo ever... any any person who agrees that Pay to Win is good will never understand. Flaunting your money around is not going to make you better at the game... And Since it will alienate any players who dont want to pay for their gears, the game will lose popularity very fast and before you know it... Only the people spending their money on this game will be left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

We have no plans to sell weapons, accessories, or Soul Shields on the Hongmoon Store.  We have communicated this clearly from the beginning and this is something we take seriously.

 

While your math may be correct, please be aware that the Marketplace IS cross-server.  There is one Marketplace for NA and one for EU.

 

9 hours ago, Babbletr0n said:

Sorry, our policy is to not discuss drop rates whether it is from an in-game mob or an RNG box.  Having Premium Membership has no effect on drop rates.

 

We're actually having an AmA tomorrow on r/bladeandsoul at 2 PM PST / 10 PM UTC where we want to address player concerns and questions

 

 

Hello! I'm here just to say that i'm very happy to read what you said, Babbletr0n. I think the choices are the right ones.

 

Selling rare items on cash shop would drop the number of players doing dungeons, would creates a distance between players and would make BnS a pvp-only game, since level 45 is quite fast to get.

 

About drop rates, even sometimes i thinking the game is bullying me by opening the chests and getting massive unsuccess, it's quite wrong open the drop rates because would decreases our hope while killing big bosses and doing dungeons by think that we won't drop what we want.
 

I really like the way NCsoft develops the games, congratz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epic shitpost, would read again.

 

My favorite part was when op made fun of how p2w this game already is and people chimed in "No that would be p2w!", hilarious!

 

8/8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tolzray   

Ayyyy... Lets just buy all of our gear.

This is literally the reason why the Chinese version is considered the ONLY p2w version, they literally have legendary weapons in the cash shop. 

You're either clueless or just don't care about the game as a whole.
 

12 hours ago, Cetra said:


The in-game economy of Moonwater Transformation Stones has already been ruined, you can't craft them for profit at this point.  Crafting stones and selling them comes at a loss considering selling the mats instead of crafting nearly doubles the profit you can make.  I'm not sure about "All other tradable items", you'd have to elaborate on what those items are.  I'm also not sure about which higher tier breakthrough weapons you're suggesting, I won't comment unless you list them.


And.. uh.. no?? I make quite a lot of gold by selling moonwater transformation stones, I guess you're too dense to realize you DON'T buy EVERY. SINGLE. MAT. if you really wanna have profit, selling materials or selling crafted goods will give you about the same amount of gold, with a catch: if you craft and sell the crafted items instead, you're actually being more efficient since you're wasting less market slots, and you save a couple of gold here and there due to the market taxes, but I guess someone asking for such a stupid shortcut to end game gear wouldn't really figure that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
10 hours ago, Tolzray said:

Ayyyy... Lets just buy all of our gear.

This is literally the reason why the Chinese version is considered the ONLY p2w version, they literally have legendary weapons in the cash shop. 

You're either clueless or just don't care about the game as a whole.
 


And.. uh.. no?? I make quite a lot of gold by selling moonwater transformation stones, I guess you're too dense to realize you DON'T buy EVERY. SINGLE. MAT. if you really wanna have profit, selling materials or selling crafted goods will give you about the same amount of gold, with a catch: if you craft and sell the crafted items instead, you're actually being more efficient since you're wasting less market slots, and you save a couple of gold here and there due to the market taxes, but I guess someone asking for such a stupid shortcut to end game gear wouldn't really figure that out.


Some of you just don't understand how to maximize your profits.  And those Ad hominem comments though, they really help support your opinion.  /sigh  There's a reason it only took me a couple weeks to reach my first 1000g in the game.  But hey, keep arguing about it and acting like a bad ass on the forums pretending that you know what you're doing idc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ninfu   

If they do this ill just instantly uninstall this game and never look at Ncsofts direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twinmage   
On 2/17/2016 at 4:58 PM, Cetra said:

Seeing that most people who are still playing the game agree with the concept of the Exchange Market and "Pay to Progress" system, I see no reason to not have this feature.  By trading NCoin for gold, the only steps required in maxing end-game weapons and accessories to max is having to buy mats off the in-game marketplace and hit the craft button.  I'd like to have even more convenience so that I don't have to do that, can't I just buy True Pirate from the cash shop directly to save me time?

Thanks.

So what ur  REALLY SAYING PLZ MAKE THIS GAME PAY TO WIN so I can get ever thing with cash an with out much work for my gear so i  DONT HAVE TO FARM AN WASTED  HRS FARMING FOR IT..... Did i get that all right? did i miss any thing? if so plz let me know i keep farming for my weapons an max it again once warlock is real.. So ever have good time an GN an i hope they never make it that way i hate pay to win games they make game way to easy an gets really bored an brings like  rude ppl to the game saying they op an a bad ass an i say  lol no skill all cash its why i quit jd it was to much pay to win.

Edited by Twinmage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2016 at 6:14 PM, Cetra said:


How is this any different?  You're completely missing the point, I can already buy max level True Pirate weapon and Accessories it just requires more steps.  I'm simply asking to make it more convenient so that I don't have to buy the Moonwater Transformation stones and other mats off the market and hit the craft button.  We're not talking about other games, we're talking about what I can do in Blade & Soul, right now.  Do you really think it makes a difference having to hit F5 and buy a couple mats?  That's a waste of time with the same results requiring more steps.

 

The "requires more steps" are called purchasing soulstones, moonwater transformation stones, weapons to salvage, other materials etc.. ALL of those stuffs which you buy are from farmers, f2p players, etc. That's where you $$$ is going to aside from NCsoft. Yes, it's pay 2 progress faster but when you buy those items, you help other players sell their items and they get your gold for it. Now they can also get gold and upgrade their stuffs. And btw no matter how geared you are, you can still die the same way if you don't iframe bosses properly and eventually people do catch up..

 

Now, if they sold the weapons directly, no f2p player benefits. You don't buy their materials, market is down and crashing. Your money goes directly to NCsoft only. So people then will label it as P2W.

Edited by clangpicky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iSorath   
22 hours ago, Cetra said:


Some of you just don't understand how to maximize your profits.  And those Ad hominem comments though, they really help support your opinion.  /sigh  There's a reason it only took me a couple weeks to reach my first 1000g in the game.  But hey, keep arguing about it and acting like a bad ass on the forums pretending that you know what you're doing idc.

Every time you mention some sort of secret technique that somehow makes your items sell for twice their Marketplace value, you become less credible. At this point, you're just downright silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
Just now, iSorath said:

Every time you mention some sort of secret technique that somehow makes your items sell for twice their Marketplace value, you become less credible. At this point, you're just downright silly.

It's no secret, it's common knowledge.  I don't care how credible you think I am that's irrelevant and at this point it's obvious I'm making and have made far more gold than you.  Anyway, cheers and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iSorath   
4 minutes ago, Cetra said:

It's no secret, it's common knowledge.  I don't care how credible you think I am that's irrelevant and at this point it's obvious I'm making and have made far more gold than you.  Anyway, cheers and good luck.

Incidentally, it's impossible for you to know whether or not I have made more or less money than you, meaning you're simply trying to insult me to no end. Not that I'd expect much different from you and your "Secret Money no Jutsu" you pulled from Naruto or something. This entire post reeks of you hardly playing the game and just trading NCoin for gold, so if you do have more money than me, I imagine that'd be how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
Just now, iSorath said:

Incidentally, it's impossible for you to know whether or not I have made more or less money than you, meaning you're simply trying to insult me to no end. Not that I'd expect much different from you and your "Secret Money no Jutsu" you pulled from Naruto or something. This entire post reeks of you hardly playing the game and just trading NCoin for gold, so if you do have more money than me, I imagine that'd be how.

yawn, thanks for the explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iSorath   
1 minute ago, Cetra said:

yawn, thanks for the explanation.

You heard it here, folks. OP more or less admitting he has no idea what he's talking about. Thread's over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
3 minutes ago, iSorath said:

You heard it here, folks. OP more or less admitting he has no idea what he's talking about. Thread's over.

 

On 2/18/2016 at 6:07 AM, Centimani said:

Epic shitpost, would read again.

 

My favorite part was when op made fun of how p2w this game already is and people chimed in "No that would be p2w!", hilarious!

 

8/8


Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iSorath   
2 minutes ago, Cetra said:

 


Thanks :)

Haha you got me xDDDDDDDDDDDD

I enjoy debating, so it's not like being baited means anything to me. Kudos to you for not having outgrown the age where shitposting is fun, however old you may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zuldar   

There's one big difference you need to keep in mind between the currency exchange and the store.  The currency exchange doesn't make gold out of thin air, someone had to put in the time to get it.  It may not have been you doing the work, but it was acquired in game.  The money you get would be no different then if they just decided to mail it to you directly.  You could try to make an argument that it's similar to RMT and gold selling, but that would be a bit of a stretch since no one is walking away from this with real money.  Frankly, some people are fine selling their time to get items that would be otherwise unobtainable, and if someone is dropping $100 on the exchange I'm ok with that since it will make many people pretty happy to get cash shop items for free.

 

In short, it's fine if some people have a slight acceleration in advancement if it directly improves the gaming experience for many more people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
1 hour ago, iSorath said:

Haha you got me xDDDDDDDDDDDD

I enjoy debating, so it's not like being baited means anything to me. Kudos to you for not having outgrown the age where shitposting is fun, however old you may be.


I can't even begin to tell you how upset I am that you think my post is shit.  I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this, considering internet retirement.  

Go craft some Moonwater Stones <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luffs   
On 2/17/2016 at 6:14 PM, Cetra said:


How is this any different?  You're completely missing the point, I can already buy max level True Pirate weapon and Accessories it just requires more steps.  I'm simply asking to make it more convenient so that I don't have to buy the Moonwater Transformation stones and other mats off the market and hit the craft button.  We're not talking about other games, we're talking about what I can do in Blade & Soul, right now.  Do you really think it makes a difference having to hit F5 and buy a couple mats?  That's a waste of time with the same results requiring more steps.

 

You are suggesting the game go P2W for a few lazy individuals that rather throw money into the game instead of grinding for equips and money? Yeah.. right. Archeage & TerA that way ------>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cetra   
Just now, Luffs said:

 

You are suggesting the game go P2W for a few lazy individuals that rather throw money into the game instead of grinding for equips and money? Yeah.. right. Archeage & TerA that way ------>


How exactly is the game going to go where it already is?  Denial is unhealthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now