Forums

Put True Pirate & All Future End-Game Gear in Cash Shop

Cetra

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, iSorath said:

Moonwater Transformation Stones are absolutely still being crafted for profit, unless your server has a horrible economy. The other tradable items include things like the raw Soulstones, Poharan's Perfume, Hae Mujin's Machismo, etc.. Basically every form of making money within the game would be reduced to ashes if you could simply bypass player interaction and conjure those materials out of thin air with NCoin. The harder to obtain breakthrough weapons are things like Siren, Dark Pirate, Pirate, and Warrior. The current pay model allows players to "pay to win", sure, but your suggestion would reduce it to "pay to make everyone else lose". It is not simply convenience to implement something like that.

You can make a profit if you farm the items yourself, my point is that you make MORE profit by selling the mats then you do by selling the crafted stone.

2 minutes ago, Cetra said:

You can make a profit if you farm the items yourself, my point is that you make MORE profit by selling the mats then you do by selling the crafted stone.

And I'm telling you that your point is incorrect. On Mushin, directly purchasing or selling the materials on the marketplace totals to 51.5g (did the math with current prices). The batch of 10 Moonwater stones is currently worth 58.5g.

Yes, the PvE portion of the game is P2W.  Always has been.  And now that we've gotten that out of the way...

Allowing you to buy gold with which to buy items isn't the same as simply putting the item up for sale.  Putting the items themselves up for sale creates an unrestricted flow of them, whereas forcing *somebody* to obtain them "legitly" keeps the speed at which they enter the game consistent.

28 minutes ago, iSorath said:

And I'm telling you that your point is incorrect. On Mushin, directly purchasing or selling the materials on the marketplace totals to 51.5g (did the math with current prices). The batch of 10 Moonwater stones is currently worth 58.5g.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. 

And two things I want to point out.

1) I'm on Mushin as well.
2) It doesn't matter because the Marketplace is cross-server.

It's fine though we can disagree, keep crafting MTS's.

7 minutes ago, Cetra said:

I'm sorry but you're wrong. 

And two things I want to point out.

1) I'm on Mushin as well.
2) It doesn't matter because the Marketplace is cross-server.

It's fine though we can disagree, keep crafting MTS's.

100 Soulstones = 36g

10 Moonwater Tears = 6g

5 Moonwater Quartz = 2g

5 Premium Tempered Clay Refiner = 10.5g

Total cost for a single craft of Moonwater Transformation Stones (10 stones) = 36 + 6 + 2 + 10.5 = 54.5g

Price of 10 Moonwater Transformation Stones = 58.5g or higher

Also, the Marketplace is not cross-server. I'm afraid I can't be bothered to debate with someone on endgame economics if they fail to grasp simple math and game mechanics.

Edited for incorrect Soulstone price, my mistake.

Lol, no.

Also, there is no "pay to progress" if the thing you pay comes from other players...you're not buying gold from NCsoft, you're buying them from other players who farmed it...it actually REMOVES gold from the economy due to the 10% market fee :|

11 minutes ago, Shar said:

Lol, no.

Also, there is no "pay to progress" if the thing you pay comes from other players...you're not buying gold from NCsoft, you're buying them from other players who farmed it...it actually REMOVES gold from the economy due to the 10% market fee :|

Not sure what you're getting at here.  If you're buying NCoin with cash, then gold with NCoin, then mats for end-game weapons with gold, it doesn't matter where the mats or gold come from, you're "paying to progress" (or PvE P2W).  It also doesn't matter if there is gold leaving the economy.

Now, I'm not saying "PvE P2W" is a horrible thing.

We have no plans to sell weapons, accessories, or Soul Shields on the Hongmoon Store.  We have communicated this clearly from the beginning and this is something we take seriously.

43 minutes ago, iSorath said:

100 Soulstones = 36g

10 Moonwater Tears = 6g

5 Moonwater Quartz = 2g

Total cost for a single craft of Moonwater Transformation Stones (10 stones) = 36 + 6 + 2 + 10.5 = 54.5g

Also, the Marketplace is not cross-server. I'm afraid I can't be bothered to debate with someone on endgame economics if they fail to grasp simple math and game mechanics.

While your math may be correct, please be aware that the Marketplace IS cross-server.  There is one Marketplace for NA and one for EU.

1 minute ago, Babbletr0n said:

We have no plans to sell weapons, accessories, or Soul Shields on the Hongmoon Store.  We have communicated this clearly from the beginning and this is something we take seriously.

While your math may be correct, please be aware that the Marketplace IS cross-server.  There is one Marketplace for NA and one for EU.

If an NCSOFT employee says it, I suppose I'll have to believe it, though I personally tested it with a friend on a different server (both NA) and found otherwise. We both searched for the Merry Potter Secret Technique and he found a single result for 29g whereas I found a plethora of results for 25-35g. Maybe his Marketplace bugged out.

2 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

That is really nice to know. Will we ever be getting any information on the RNG drop rates at all or will that not be disclosed? Talking of RNG drop rates, do premium members get more of a chance to drop costumes from mobs/field bosses and dungeons rather than the average free user?

I feel more information from the NCSoft side may help players calm down if you state what you definitely will not do (like you did above) along with what is being looked into and worked on in a special section dedicated to that type of thing on the forum. More feedback from the staff themselves along with what is being worked on, what you have taken into account (account bound costumes for one, and how you are thinking of making an item - more information on this would be appreciated) makes you seem like a more approachable business. Just my 2 cents.

5 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Now, I'm not saying "PvE P2W" is a horrible thing.

Honestly, the view of PvE P2W is subjective at this point. 

Some people say PvE P2W cuz "Oh they cashed to get the gold for those equips" which is the generic standard view of PvE P2W. This one I have no problem with so much since it is an alternative, game doesn't specify that you have to farm gold constantly, you can go for alternatives.

Going for "Buying godly equips and their materials via cashing" is a different viewpoint though. That's the one I don't like. Where they make any form of game progression so difficult it forces you to spend money when you clearly don't wish to. 

4 minutes ago, iSorath said:

If an NCSOFT employee says it, I suppose I'll have to believe it, though I personally tested it with a friend on a different server (both NA) and found otherwise. We both searched for the Merry Potter Secret Technique and he found a single result for 29g whereas I found a plethora of results for 25-35g. Maybe his Marketplace bugged out.

Could he buy any of these though? I tend to find lots of things but when I go to purchase them it doesn't let me telling me that it has already been sold and that can even be every single result I find that has sold out. It doesn't update enough, so you may've seen the true results where as your friend saw the results which has been sold. Marketplace is still super buggy.

@dascorp That might be a bit complicated as you'd have to get the marketplace from the exact same time period - but it is doable, definitely on NCsofts end. 

1 minute ago, Kitah said:

That is really nice to know. Will we ever be getting any information on the RNG drop rates at all or will that not be disclosed? Talking of RNG drop rates, do premium members get more of a chance to drop costumes from mobs/field bosses and dungeons rather than the average free user?

I feel more information from the NCSoft side may help players calm down if you state what you definitely will not do (like you did above) along with what is being looked into and worked on in a special section dedicated to that type of thing on the forum. More feedback from the staff themselves along with what is being worked on, what you have taken into account (account bound costumes for one, and how you are thinking of making an item - more information on this would be appreciated) makes you seem like a more approachable business. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, our policy is to not discuss drop rates whether it is from an in-game mob or an RNG box.  Having Premium Membership has no effect on drop rates.

We're actually having an AmA tomorrow on r/bladeandsoul at 2 PM PST / 10 PM UTC where we want to address player concerns and questions

Just now, Babbletr0n said:

Sorry, our policy is to not discuss drop rates whether it is from an in-game mob or an RNG box.  Having Premium Membership has no effect on drop rates.

We're actually having an AmA tomorrow on r/bladeandsoul at 2 PM PST / 10 PM UTC where we want to address player concerns and questions

I'll need to learn how to use reddit between now and tomorrow then (might need to write down my hundreds of questions as-well, lol). Thank you for answering my question. I'm just wondering how players would be able to report drop-rate bugs if they play a dungeon (let's say for arguments sake) 1000 times and do not get a single vanity drop. That player could be unlucky but should they report their issue just in case? Glad to hear that Premium members do not get a bonus of drop rates, even though I'm premium member myself that screams p2w (in the "I can get more than you" kind of sense).

Going back to the original topic though: Would BNS ever think about selling dungeon drops on the hongmoon store if they are just vanity? (Adornment, Hat, Glasses, Cat Gear, Costume)? I think making it purchasable for silly amounts of gold in-game as another option to dungeon drops would get more gold out of the economy which works better on both your behalf and the players get a good bit out of it as-well if people are using the currency exchanger. 

2 minutes ago, Kitah said:

I'll need to learn how to use reddit between now and tomorrow then (might need to write down my hundreds of questions as-well, lol). Thank you for answering my question. I'm just wondering how players would be able to report drop-rate bugs if they play a dungeon (let's say for arguments sake) 1000 times and do not get a single vanity drop. That player could be unlucky but should they report their issue just in case? Glad to hear that Premium members do not get a bonus of drop rates, even though I'm premium member myself that screams p2w (in the "I can get more than you" kind of sense).

Going back to the original topic though: Would BNS ever think about selling dungeon drops on the hongmoon store if they are just vanity? (Adornment, Hat, Glasses, Cat Gear, Costume)? I think making it purchasable for silly amounts of gold in-game as another option to dungeon drops would get more gold out of the economy which works better on both your behalf and the players get a good bit out of it as-well if people are using the currency exchanger. 

There's already vanity that's both a dungeon drop and a Hongmoon store item; the outfit First Step comes from the Skittering Tunnels dungeon as well as the Hongmoon store. I feel that it may be an oversight, though.

56 minutes ago, iSorath said:

100 Soulstones = 36g

10 Moonwater Tears = 6g

5 Moonwater Quartz = 2g

Funny thing you mention that someone fails to grasp simple math when you seem to have not figured out how to be a proper crafter. If you're going to lvl a craft you better lvl the ones that works best with.

If you're going to level Soul Shield Researcher you will need Pottery + Lumber + Harvesting . All the mats to do the moonwater transformation stones are easy to get through your crafts and the tears are droping in very easy instances and the soulstones are more than easy to get.

Blackwyrm on week ends give 20 per kill and 30 extra if you do the last hit not to mention the ones from daily and terror. so yeah , before you become arogant and rude you might wanna dig a little before you Q_Q about how "Bad" the economy is .

2 minutes ago, Kitah said:

If they feel that a drop rate is incorrect or disabled they are free to submit a support ticket and it'll be looked into.

We already sell a few dungeon/world drops in the Hongmoon Store.  For example, certain cat outfits and the First Step outfit.  This is something we are likely to continue doing into the future.  When it comes to drops from high-level dungeons we will usually opt to sell the alternate versions of those costumes so that those that have earned them in-game can have that exclusivity.  For example, Custom Gangplank Style and Red Pirate Princess (not available yet).

2 minutes ago, iSorath said:

There's already vanity that's both a dungeon drop and a Hongmoon store item; the outfit First Step comes from the Skittering Tunnels dungeon as well as the Hongmoon store. I feel that it may be an oversight, though.

I'm wondering if they are planning to do this for all end-game dungeons or if that is just one because the drop-rate seems to be quite high for the outfit? I purchased mine (it also has 2 slots on the wardrobe, which makes me wonder if there are any little tiny chains to the slot or if they just messed up).

1 minute ago, Blossom said:

Funny thing you mention that someone fails to grasp simple math when you seem to have not figured out how to be a proper crafter. If you're going to lvl a craft you better lvl the ones that works best with.

If you're going to level Soul Shield Researcher you will need Pottery + Lumber + Harvesting . All the mats to do the moonwater transformation stones are easy to get through your crafts and the tears are droping in very easy instances and the soulstones are more than easy to get.

Blackwyrm on week ends give 20 per kill and 30 extra if you do the last hit not to mention the ones from daily and terror. so yeah , before you become arogant and rude you might wanna dig a little before you Q_Q about how "Bad" the economy is .

Are you okay, pal? Not once did I complain about the economy being bad. My post was the raw math of materials and nothing more. I am well aware that Soulstones and Moonwater Tears are easy to obtain in abundance. My main character runs Green Thumbs, Treefellers, Soul Wardens, and Merry Potters, just as you suggest. Did you perhaps read the wrong post and think I was complaining instead of someone else?

3 minutes ago, Babbletr0n said:

If they feel that a drop rate is incorrect or disabled they are free to submit a support ticket and it'll be looked into.

We already sell a few dungeon/world drops in the Hongmoon Store.  For example, certain cat outfits and the First Step outfit.  This is something we are likely to continue doing into the future.  When it comes to drops from high-level dungeons we will usually opt to sell the alternate versions of those costumes so that those that have earned them in-game can have that exclusivity.  For example, Custom Gangplank Style and Red Pirate Princess (not available yet).

This is off topic but since you're invested in this thread could you get some info to know if there is any plan on having the game optimised ? its hard to kill Black Wyrm with 15 FPS

1 minute ago, Babbletr0n said:

Very good to know, will definitely submit a report if I ever get to that excessive amount with no drops. Talking of drops, and while you seem to be around are the tooltips on the items correct in the wardrobe? When there are no items on specific items on the wardrobe they state they drop in different places (they do not mention if they drop in 4/6 man instances for example) along with the fact that most outfits say they are salvageable when they are not (will this be added in the future for dungeon drop items? Could be a premium member only thing or a rank tier or something).

As I said in my previous post I purchased the First Step item, is it supposed to be in 2 different areas? Is there a specific place other than the forums where we can submit bug reports with specific features or will it be dealt with on the forums and passed through your bug testers to the correct teams? I like to break things... and I have a knack for breaking them by accident so being able to report all the bugs in a more organised space would be nice (such as a specific form / fill out application).

Archived