Put True Pirate & All Future End-Game Gear in Cash Shop

Cetra

Seeing that most people who are still playing the game agree with the concept of the Exchange Market and "Pay to Progress" system, I see no reason to not have this feature.  By trading NCoin for gold, the only steps required in maxing end-game weapons and accessories to max is having to buy mats off the in-game marketplace and hit the craft button.  I'd like to have even more convenience so that I don't have to do that, can't I just buy True Pirate from the cash shop directly to save me time?

Thanks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cetra said:

Seeing that most people who are still playing the game agree with the concept of the Exchange Market and "Pay to Progress" system, I see no reason to not have this feature.  By trading NCoin for gold, the only steps required in maxing end-game weapons and accessories to max is having to buy mats off the in-game marketplace and hit the craft button.  I'd like to have even more convenience so that I don't have to do that, can't I just buy True Pirate from the cash shop directly to save me time?

Thanks.

As much as I would support this idea it then makes the achievement of the item in-game... not as good? I do think they need to tell us the drop rate percentage. Or make it so you get RNG'd with tokens which you then buy items from wheels for ALL RNG based costumes etc. so you can buy each part of the costume you see fit. 

10 minutes ago, gourmetcookie said:

You have the wrong game Archeage is that way ------->

How is this any different?  You're completely missing the point, I can already buy max level True Pirate weapon and Accessories it just requires more steps.  I'm simply asking to make it more convenient so that I don't have to buy the Moonwater Transformation stones and other mats off the market and hit the craft button.  We're not talking about other games, we're talking about what I can do in Blade & Soul, right now.  Do you really think it makes a difference having to hit F5 and buy a couple mats?  That's a waste of time with the same results requiring more steps.

7 minutes ago, Kitah said:

As much as I would support this idea it then makes the achievement of the item in-game... not as good? I do think they need to tell us the drop rate percentage. Or make it so you get RNG'd with tokens which you then buy items from wheels for ALL RNG based costumes etc. so you can buy each part of the costume you see fit. 

But we can already get the item by buying gold through Ncoin, visiting the marketplace to gather mats and then hit "Evolve".  Why not just eliminate all these steps and just offer the weapons/accessories through NCoin directly?

8 minutes ago, Kitah said:

You'd probably have equally as many complaints about the game being too RNG based. There's a no-win situation really (at least to me).

6 minutes ago, Cetra said:

But we can already get the item by buying gold through Ncoin, visiting the marketplace to gather mats and then hit "Evolve".  Why not just eliminate all these steps and just offer the weapons/accessories through NCoin directly?

I agree to an extent that having the item straight from the cash shop would be nice. But then again the people that put all the time and effort to get each of the outfits would get quite upset.  They could add more ways to get it in-game such as buying it from vendors for high amounts of gold (so you can either buy it, or earn it through hard work and luck).

4 minutes ago, Enamour said:

You'd probably have equally as many complaints about the game being too RNG based. There's a no-win situation really (at least to me).

The thing is the costumes are already RNG based. Give you a special item to allow you to buy that specific dungeon drop item with the rng based currency instead of waiting for a certain wig to drop but you have had the costumes drop 3 times would be much more beneficial to actually earning it). Play dungeon x 100 times and get costume 3 times. Someone else plays it 10 times and gets wig and costume. You may still play it 100 times and get the currency to buy it from a vendor rather than just waiting for anything random to drop at random. Of course increase the drop rate for this currency compared to the items. 

This is a "clever troll" trying to argue in a "clever way" that the currency exchange is pay to win, and suggest that pay to win tactics should be use because they feel that the game is now pay to win. Now that that clever explanation is out of the way, stop feeding the troll.

1 minute ago, Kitah said:

I agree to an extent that having the item straight from the cash shop would be nice. But then again the people that put all the time and effort to get each of the outfits would get quite upset.  They could add more ways to get it in-game such as buying it from vendors for high amounts of gold (so you can either buy it, or earn it through hard work and luck).

The thing is the costumes are already RNG based. Give you a special item to allow you to buy that specific dungeon drop item with the rng based currency instead of waiting for a certain wig to drop but you have had the costumes drop 3 times would be much more beneficial to actually earning it). Play dungeon x 100 times and get costume 3 times. Someone else plays it 10 times and gets wig and costume. You may still play it 100 times and get the currency to buy it from a vendor rather than just waiting for anything random to drop at random. Of course increase the drop rate for this currency compared to the items. 

Ah! I gotcha.

5 minutes ago, mbrown17 said:

even with the currency exchange it costs a hell of a lot of money to get any real amount of gold to upgrade man do some math before u *cricket* sarcasticly

Yeah. It costs a lot of gold to upgrade. If you are rich IRL you can buy lots of gold from the new currency exchange (which I still don't understand how to work correctly) In a sense that will be like buying the item from the cash shop if it is available at a vendor for 100 gold for example.  (Essentially going by gold prices the costume will end up at 6700 ncoin, but you still have 2 different ways to get it. People need to somewhat understand that ncsoft is a business and while putting it in the cash shop offers money if the item is also in the game it doesn't necessarily mean people are going to buy them and if people are working super hard to get the item to drop BEFORE they do this then it sucks to be them.

7 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Dont feed the troll.

This isn't a troll, it's actually exactly how the game works in current state minus the ability to just buy the item directly.  I'm confused as to why you don't understand.

1 minute ago, Cetra said:

This isn't a troll, it's actually exactly how the game works in current state minus the ability to just buy the item directly.  I'm confused as to why you don't understand.

Oh, I understand your point, I understand how the game works.. But you're still a troll. It's not like you couldn't get  gold with $$ before this system...  Also, you cant buy Pirate Emblems/Warrior Tokens/Siren Emblem/Valor Stones.

1 minute ago, Scorpaeon said:

This is a "clever troll" trying to argue in a "clever way" that the currency exchange is pay to win, and suggest that pay to win tactics should be use because they feel that the game is now pay to win. Now that that clever explanation is out of the way, stop feeding the troll.

This is a post asking for further convenience.  If you disagree that True Pirate can be obtained from purchasing NCoin and using the Exchange market then please do explain.  How am I trolling by stating facts about current state-of-game?  

Just now, Cetra said:

This is a post asking for further convenience.  If you disagree that True Pirate can be obtained from purchasing NCoin and using the Exchange market then please do explain.  How am I trolling by stating facts about current state-of-game?  

You are trying waaaaaaay too hard. Carry on though. I'm sure this will amount to nothing like many threads before it, and the many more that will come after it. I'm popping over to the PvP forums, they are at least more entertaining. Have fun!

2 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Oh, I understand your point, I understand how the game works.. But you're still a troll. It's not like you couldn't get  gold with $$ before this system...  Also, you cant buy Pirate Emblems/Warrior Tokens/Siren Emblem/Valor Stones.

Don't waste time on her/him because it just isn't worth it. Just report the thread and move on. I can't fathom the combination of the poster and the thread will lead to a constructive conversation.

1 minute ago, Myleina said:

I see no reason as to why we can't buy Emblems/Tokens/Stones at this point, we should be able to.

5 minutes ago, Cetra said:

Your 'further convenience' would ruin the in-game economy of Moonwater Transformation Stones and all other tradable items required to reach higher-tier weaponry. Additionally, the breakthrough weapons themselves are fairly difficult to obtain for the highest tiers and cannot be bought from other players in any way, thus breaking the flow.

2 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

You are trying waaaaaaay too hard. Carry on though. I'm sure this will amount to nothing like many threads before it, and the many more that will come after it. I'm popping over to the PvP forums, they are at least more entertaining. Have fun!

It really requires no effort at all to state the obvious.  I concur however, the PvP forums are pretty entertaining as well.

2 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Don't waste time on her/him because it just isn't worth it. Just report the thread and move on. I can't fathom the combination of the poster and the thread will lead to a constructive conversation.

That's very rude of you to be so dismissive.  The irony of you being upset because you felt you were spoken to in condescending fashion in another thread only to come do the same in this one.  You sure are a character, I hope your day improves.

9 minutes ago, Cetra said:

They are the actual troll lol.. they are baseless and stupidly trying to call you a troll to get you mad so you waste time replying to them. Sad that people have nothing better to do with their time.

3 minutes ago, iSorath said:

Your 'further convenience' would ruin the in-game economy of Moonwater Transformation Stones and all other tradable items required to reach higher-tier weaponry. Additionally, the breakthrough weapons themselves are fairly difficult to obtain for the highest tiers and cannot be bought from other players in any way, thus breaking the flow.

The in-game economy of Moonwater Transformation Stones has already been ruined, you can't craft them for profit at this point.  Crafting stones and selling them comes at a loss considering selling the mats instead of crafting nearly doubles the profit you can make.  I'm not sure about "All other tradable items", you'd have to elaborate on what those items are.  I'm also not sure about which higher tier breakthrough weapons you're suggesting, I won't comment unless you list them.

2 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

They are the actual troll lol.. they are baseless and stupidly trying to call you a troll to get you mad so you waste time replying to them. Sad that people have nothing better to do with their time.

Thank you for the explanation, I guess they got me there and I've been trolled :)

10 minutes ago, Cetra said:

The in-game economy of Moonwater Transformation Stones has already been ruined, you can't craft them for profit at this point.  Crafting stones and selling them comes at a loss considering selling the mats instead of crafting nearly doubles the profit you can make.  I'm not sure about "All other tradable items", you'd have to elaborate on what those items are.  I'm also not sure about which higher tier breakthrough weapons you're suggesting, I won't comment unless you list them.

Moonwater Transformation Stones are absolutely still being crafted for profit, unless your server has a horrible economy. The other tradable items include things like the raw Soulstones, Poharan's Perfume, Hae Mujin's Machismo, etc.. Basically every form of making money within the game would be reduced to ashes if you could simply bypass player interaction and conjure those materials out of thin air with NCoin. The harder to obtain breakthrough weapons are things like Siren, Dark Pirate, Pirate, and Warrior. The current pay model allows players to "pay to win", sure, but your suggestion would reduce it to "pay to make everyone else lose". It is not simply convenience to implement something like that.

Archived