It is no longer profitable to craft Moonwater Transformation Stones.

Knightmare111

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many posts to quote :/

Time equate to money

Materials equate to money

Final product equates to money

If the total cost of all the mats combined is greater than the total profit of selling all 10 transformation stones, you are losing money making the stones regardless of you farming the materials yourself or whatever.  You basically are turning your materials that are worth X amount of gold into something that is worth Y amount of gold that will be less than just the materials  ( X amount of gold )  by themselves.  If you are in it to make profit, then don't throw money away by making the stones, just sell the materials.

At the end of the day, will you have more gold in your pocket if you make the stones and only use your farmed materials?  Yes you will, but you are still skimping yourself on how much money you "COULD" have had if you just sold the materials themselves.  

Adding the amount of time it takes to farm the soulstones compared to other ways to make money out there is a whole additional level of complexity to the equation. 

Some people just cant understand that if the materials cost more then the thing they make you can literally sell the materials buy the things they could make then have the things they make plus more.

example. if something sells for 1g and the materials go for 1g 20s.  you can sell the materials and buy the thing for 1g and have the thing plus 20s.  or you can make it and have the thing and nothing else.

I'll just post same as I posted on that reddit...

I dont know what you're on, but I make 12gold of profit per day from crafting 20 transfo stones... whereas refiners only net me ~1.8gold of profit every 12 hours.

I keep an excel sheet updated daily with the profits earned from both refiners and stones. As of yesterday evening, refiners = 1.7gold every 12hours whereas transfo stones = 5.35 every 24hours. Considering I have 2 character able to craft stones but not 2 for Refiners, it's way more profitable to craft 10 refiners a day and use them to craft 20 stones than selling the refiners.   ~11gold > 3.4gold. Simple math.

11 minutes ago, Myleina said:

I'll just post same as I posted on that reddit...

I dont know what you're on, but I make 12gold of profit per day from crafting 20 transfo stones... whereas refiners only net me ~1.8gold of profit every 12 hours.

I keep an excel sheet updated daily with the profits earned from both refiners and stones. As of yesterday evening, refiners = 1.7gold every 12hours whereas transfo stones = 5.35 every 24hours. Considering I have 2 character able to craft stones but not 2 for Refiners, it's way more profitable to craft 10 refiners a day and use them to craft 20 stones than selling the refiners.   ~11gold > 3.4gold. Simple math.

show me your numbers

btw you can craft refiners and moonwater stones at the same time you know this right?

Just now, Lordzero2 said:

show me your numbers

btw you can craft refiners and moonwater stones at the same time you know this right?

Yes, but I use the refiners to craft the stones... you'd be stupid to buy full price refiners when you can craft them yourselves.

As per yesterday's number:  36g on soulstones, 5.6gold on tears, 2gold on quartz, 9 gold on refiners for a total of 52.6 gold to craft the stones. Sell them at 5.80 gold (Again, yesterday's price) for a total of 58gold.

Refiners: 2 gold on quartz, 3.6gold on soulstones, 3.3gold on refiners, 15 silver on sap. 9gold to craft, sells for 10.75 gold.

Do the math.. Yes, doesnt take sale fee into account, but no matter what you try to take into account, selling stones is more profitable.

2 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Yes, but I use the refiners to craft the stones... you'd be stupid to buy full price refiners when you can craft them yourselves.

As per yesterday's number:  36g on soulstones, 5.6gold on tears, 2gold on quartz, 9 gold on refiners for a total of 52.6 gold to craft the stones. Sell them at 5.80 gold (Again, yesterday's price) for a total of 58gold.

Refiners: 2 gold on quartz, 3.6gold on soulstones, 3.3gold on refiners, 15 silver on sap. 9gold to craft, sells for 10.75 gold.

Do the math.. Yes, doesnt take sale fee into account, but no matter what you try to take into account, selling stones is more profitable.

then you are still gaining profit on the refiners, that profit is the refiners not the stones.

That is where your numbers fall short, the rest adds up.  You are counting the refiner profit as stone profit.

53 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

then you are still gaining profit on the refiners, that profit is the refiners not the stones.

That is where your numbers fall short, the rest adds up.  You are counting the refiner profit as stone profit.

No, if I only craft refiners and not stones, I'll be making 3.4g per day. If I use the refiners for stones and sell the other 5 refiners, then I make ~6.5g per day, If I use the 10 refiners per day and use to craft 20stones, that's a bit over 11gold per day... Stop trying to argue basic maths -.-

1 hour ago, Myleina said:

With regards to this scenario, if the material costs are less than the total cost of the actual item, then make the item, but when they are less ( and the stones have been way less... dipping into even 4g territory some days ) then sell the materials themselves as you are losing money if you make the stones.  This will fluctuate day by day and I think a good portion of this thread was discussing those who gather their own mats.  The same applies, if your gathered mats equate to a price that is higher than the total price of all 10 stones, then just sell the mats.

The market will go up and down so some days it will make sense to make stones and others it won't, so hold the materials or sell them.  so yesterday it might have made sense to sell, but also keep in mind the market usually dips during the week and goes high on the weekend.  On saturday, I was selling tears for 70s on the market and they sold instantly, in your scenario you are saying tears are only 56s, that's a big dip over the course of 5 days.

23 hours ago, Hazgaz said:

Smart crafters farm mats, I didn't say anything about profits.  Save money, the smart thing.  BnS is not a game about profits, it's about fighting.

23 hours ago, Hazgaz said:

That's why smart crafters don't buy the materials, you farm them.   All profit.

Farming mats doesn't equal to a free craft. The time you spent farming mats (and waiting for the crafts to finish), you could have used that time to farm gold instead and buy it directly. In the end it's the same,

13 minutes ago, Mesmerize said:

Farming mats doesn't equal to a free craft. The time you spent farming mats (and waiting for the crafts to finish), you could have used that time to farm gold instead and buy it directly. In the end it's the same,

Also not to forget... Farming mats does not mean they're free.. Everything has a value. You could farm 100 soul stones and sell them 36gold. It's not because you farmed them that the mats are "free", you essentially "spent" 36 gold on the soulstones.

1 hour ago, Myleina said:

No, if I only craft refiners and not stones, I'll be making 3.4g per day. If I use the refiners for stones and sell the other 5 refiners, then I make ~6.5g per day, If I use the 10 refiners per day and use to craft 20stones, that's a bit over 11gold per day... Stop trying to argue basic maths -.-

looks like I need to educate you.  Lets say refiners sell for 5g for 5 or you could make them at 4g per 5.  Now lets say that Moonstones cost 10g to make and sell for 12g  (the numbers are for example purposes)

Scenario one, you buy the premium refiners to make moonwater stones. in this scenario you realize a profit of 2g.

Scenario two, in this scenario you craft the refiners.  In this scenario you gain a profit of 3g  The extra 1g profit is due to you crafting the refiners instead of buying them. 

thus that profit is the profit of the refiners not the moonwater stones.  Honestly I hope you dont work in economics (btw I am an accountant with a major in business)

4 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

looks like I need to educate you.  Lets say refiners sell for 5g for 5 or you could make them at 4g per 5.  Now lets say that Moonstones cost 10g to make and sell for 12g  (the numbers are for example purposes)

Scenario one, you buy the premium refiners to make moonwater stones. in this scenario you realize a profit of 2g.

Scenario two, in this scenario you craft the refiners.  In this scenario you gain a profit of 3g  The extra 1g profit is due to you crafting the refiners instead of buying them. 

thus that profit is the profit of the refiners not the moonwater stones.  Honestly I hope you dont work in economics (btw I am an accountant with a major in business)

Okay... But I dont care about any of that. I'm here to make the most gold out of my craftings per day. No matter what degree you have, you cant beat facts with it.

If I buy all mats to craft 10 refiners over 24 hours, I make ~3.4g profit/24hours

If I buy all mats to craft 10 refiners, then with those 10 refiners along with buying other necessary mats I craft 20 moonwater transfo stones, I make ~11g profit/24hours.

I'll reiterate that you'd have to be one kind of stupid to BUY refiners when you can craft them yourself. Of course if you buy the refiners to craft transfo stones, you're not making much profit if any at all.. but if you have access to craft the refiners, you're stupid if you buy them.

5 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Okay... But I dont care about any of that. I'm here to make the most gold out of my craftings per day. No matter what degree you have, you cant beat facts with it.

If I buy all mats to craft 10 refiners over 24 hours, I make ~3.4g profit/24hours

If I buy all mats to craft 10 refiners, then with those 10 refiners along with buying other necessary mats I craft 20 moonwater transfo stones, I make ~11g profit/24hours.

I'll reiterate that you'd have to be one kind of stupid to BUY refiners when you can craft them yourself. Of course if you buy the refiners to craft transfo stones, you're not making much profit if any at all.. but if you have access to craft the refiners, you're stupid if you buy them.

I agree, in fact I make my own refiners as well.  All I am saying is that extra profit you gain thanks to making them instead of buying them is profit from the refiners themselves not the stones you used them to make.

I agree, in fact I make my own refiners as well.  All I am saying is that extra profit you gain thanks to making them instead of buying them is profit from the refiners themselves not the stones you used them to make.

Yes, part of my stone profit is because I crafted my own refiners. But people in this thread are saying crafting stones is not worth it at all anymore (or even losing money), when it's far from the truth.

4 minutes ago, Myleina said:

Yes, part of my stone profit is because I crafted my own refiners. But people in this thread are saying crafting stones is not worth it at all anymore (or even losing money), when it's far from the truth.

Not everyone can make their own refiners, the recipe to do it costs like 30g last I checked.  But yea tbh they are dumb. you cannot compare todays price to craft to todays selling price.  You need to compare todays selling price to yesterdays crafting cost.

it has never stopped being profit because as soon as it stops being profit people stop putting them up, then prices go up until it is profit.

4 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

Not everyone can make their own refiners, the recipe to do it costs like 30g last I checked.  But yea tbh they are dumb. you cannot compare todays price to craft to todays selling price.  You need to compare todays selling price to yesterdays crafting cost.

it has never stopped being profit because as soon as it stops being profit people stop putting them up, then prices go up until it is profit.

Some times they are not worth much profit at all, but they've never dipped negative profit. Even if I buy the refiners, I can still make ~8 gold out of 20 stones per day.. But yeah, prices fluctuate so you have to take risk. I think it only happened once that they dipped so fast in price (down from like 5.10 to 4.50) that I made 0.5g from them

I have a spreadsheet and the profit usually varies from -50 silver to 3g throughout the day. It all depends on how much time you waste spamming refresh on the marketplace to buy soulstones. It is practically impossible to get the lowest priced soulstones without sitting on the marketplace for several hours so you need to add 2 or more silver to your soulstone costs. Since you need 110 of them, this equates to a loss of 2.2g, nearly the entire amount of the profit in making MTS.

At this point when dailies give you 13g and you can do brightstone in 15 minutes for 1.2g, it just isn't worth the hassle or risk

However the funny thing is that every time a post comes out like this the profit goes up a little, and then the next day it goes down.

2 minutes ago, gewd said:

I have a spreadsheet and the profit usually varies from -50 silver to 3g throughout the day. It all depends on how much time you waste spamming refresh on the marketplace to buy soulstones. It is practically impossible to get the lowest priced soulstones without sitting on the marketplace for several hours so you need to add 2 or more silver to your soulstone costs. Since you need 110 of them, this equates to a loss of 2.2g, nearly the entire amount of the profit in making MTS.

At this point when dailies give you 13g and you can do brightstone in 15 minutes for 1.2g, it just isn't worth the hassle or risk

However the funny thing is that every time a post comes out like this the profit goes up a little, and then the next day it goes down.

I've never had issue buying over 220 soulstoness a day or any other mats at their "lowest price" and takes me only 15 minute in the market of constant refreshing and buying.

5 minutes ago, gewd said:

there is never any risk, watch the materials and you can accurately predict tommorrows prices.

(pro tip most people wont sell below what it costed to make them)

there is never any risk, watch the materials and you can accurately predict tommorrows prices.

There is a huge risk. I believe I already told you this multiple times in my first thread. That 24 hour delay causes many people to make profit calculation errors.

No one predicted the RNG boxes that tanked the profits, and even though MTS is going up, the mats usually go up in price faster.

8 minutes ago, gewd said:

There is a huge risk. I believe I already told you this multiple times in my first thread. That 24 hour delay causes many people to make profit calculation errors.

No one predicted the RNG boxes that tanked the profits, and even though MTS is going up, the mats usually go up in price faster.

I have never taken a loss on stones, so dont know what to tell you.

BTW prices never tanked due to the rng boxes, prices tanked cause the soulstone prices plummeted

9 minutes ago, Lordzero2 said:

I have never taken a loss on stones, so dont know what to tell you.

BTW prices never tanked due to the rng boxes, prices tanked cause the soulstone prices plummeted

I never doubted it is possible to never take a loss. It just isn't likely that you'll make a decent profit anymore. If you are unlucky and buy the soulstones at the wrong time you can very easily take a loss.

And why do you think they tanked? Because people felt like it? Lol. They were dropping like rain from the boxes.

Soulstones tanked because everyone saw the price and started selling them thus flooding the market, now prices are goinjg up because people are upgrading their weapons and such, in a couple weeks prices will tank again because everyone wont need soulstones to upgrade anymore.

Archived