Curreny Exchange - Not Pay To Win, but def Pay To Level

Archaegeo

11 minutes ago, Pluvia said:

Ok, I normally do not comment, but since OP refers to other regions let me do some clarification.

Is your Hongmoon Weapon useless when Lv.50 is out with new Weapon tiers?

NO. It is not useless. At this moment lv.10 true pirate weapon will be the best weapon you can get.

Once Lv 50 is out, yes this weapon itself will be replaced by new weapons. HOWEVER, when you salvage your lv.10 true pirate weapon you will receive "weapon soul"

Weapon soul is LV.50 content, and if I recall correct, you will get the best weapon soul from salvage your maxed pirate weapon before later patches of more LV.50 content comes out. (Pirate Weapon Soul gives you 20 Attack Power and 15% critical damage which you can equip to you toon)

Oh, and forgot to mention. Pirate weapon soul will be also upgradeable. It will become more and more powerful as more lv.50 content is out.

So if you ask again: should I spend all the money and resource to level my weapon to max? Well, you can evaluate now. 

You say that but dont say which weap gonna replace hongmoon, legendary ? from dungeon ? mushin 15F ? actually u say that because u know what will come in next patch, but think this way, if the game was released now, first version, and we dont know anything about future content, would u just stuck in upgrades ? i don't like to know about future content, i'll upgrade everything i can till new content come, good or not, thats what the first players did when B&S was released, and i'll do the same, because i'm playing the current content, i need focus this content, not the future one ! 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheFoxBox said:

I think you fail to realize that currency exchange JUST came out. Prices are not set in stone and are going to fluctuate till they find a happy medium.  So getting upset about the prices right now which are player driven is a bit ridiculous.

Majority of members on this forum are ridiculous, absent minded to say the least.  They want the gold spammers and scammers gone but when a solution is presented they mope and weep....BnS community == Sro community. Fail.

7 minutes ago, Evechan said:

You say that but dont say which weap gonna replace hongmoon, legendary ? from dungeon ? mushin 15F ? actually u say that because u know what will come in next patch, but think this way, if the game was released now, first version, and we dont know anything about future content, would u just stuck in upgrades ? i don't like to know about future content, i'll upgrade everything i can till new content come, good or not, thats what the first players did when B&S was released, and i'll do the same, because i'm playing the current content, i need focus this content, not the future one ! 

I totally agree. if u play a game you always aim to get the best gear possible. 

I am only clearing clouds here for thosd who held off on their weapon upgrades, thinking it might not worth the effort.

2 hours ago, Sync said:

You do you realize you'd still have to pay a large sum to do that. Even so, it just gives you superior gear, not superior skill. This is a good thing.

If some shmuck wants to drop $500 to max out his gear, let him do it. That's less money the normal consumers have to pay to keep NCSOFT's lights on.

I already have trouble leveling new characters because I go do my faction quests on a new character and boom, some pay2win level 45 comes and ganks me mid-combat.

I mean, I could bring my level 45 and beat them since it is true that they don't have the skills to back up their power, but in some cases, firepower is all you need. After all, if even one shot will kill you, doesn't matter how good you are, it is just a matter of time until they get a hit in.

1 gold for 67 ncoins in currency exchange that's 12.4g for 835 ncoin.

835 ncoin gets me 5 gem hammers, each gem hammer last time I checked (1 hour ago) is 3g 10s. 

5x 3g10s = 15g 50s.

Basically you lose out on gold if you buy the gold through the exchange system. 

I used to play a game with the exact same currency exchange system implemented and it significantly reduced the amount of gold spammers and Balanced the economy i love NCsoft even more now that they have added this we don't have to worry about crazy inflation. also to all you people who are reading this and are new to MMOs and think this system equals pay to win well it isn't at most this system is Pay for convenience.

900ncoin for 10gold is pretty much the rate was last week.

It started to raise a bit in the last 4 days. When I logged off yesterday it was 1.5gold for 100 ncoins.

My problem now is that I sold my NCoin thinking I was buying them. but that's entirely my fault for going too fast.

But also the interface and wording is confusing. Took me a while to realize the interface was made to sell gold instead of buying ncoin. While the result is the same,  I went there with the idea of buying, not selling so it was awkward when it asked me to set a price in ncoin.

1 minute ago, fruitie said:

To those arguing that gold sellers are cheaper, that's like saying stolen goods are cheaper than retail price...

the pricing is rediculous, its unjustifiable. How the hell are you going to sell 10g for nearly 10 dollars.  I make 10g in just 1 hour. people are going to buy from gold sellers and if people got any brain at all, noone should be selling nccoin for such a minimal price range. Im not selling it until they released something good to increase demand. 

25 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

the pricing is rediculous, its unjustifiable. How the hell are you going to sell 10g for nearly 10 dollars.  I make 10g in just 1 hour. people are going to buy from gold sellers and if people got any brain at all, noone should be selling nccoin for such a minimal price range. Im not selling it until they released something good to increase demand. 

I'm sure plenty of people make $10 an hour too but aren't capped on how long they earn. Also don't forget that the price depends on currency injected into the economy. For example if you manage to get a 30g drop, while you get that currency you have to rely on people earning it via other means first. Personally I'm making less and need to figure out whether I want to focus on making more characters or better gold income and can't justify spending my gold. In the end the exchange is going to stabilise around what people on average are willing to shell out. If you don't want to sell ncoin, then don't. However there will be people that are willing to spend hundreds or thousands on this game.

You know my parents rarely bought me anything.  If I wanted something, I had to earn it. . .meaning I had to work to get the money.  Taught me the value of hard work and saving money.  Today's age all I see is them getting everything they want and they complain about not getting more.   I'm sure you all see them here and there. . .Example "my parents bought my a iphone6 regular when i wanted the iphoneR7 form japan.  I hate them so much".  These complainers remind me of those people.

I live in Australia and come back from work at 11 pm (daily Q reset at 10pm), so in weekday im unable to do most dailies Q except poh 24, nightshade and big 4 (6-7g total), im willing to buy gold from othet player with Ncoin to buy moonwater transformation stone 'cause i dont have material or recipe to craft it, and only when i need them most

19 minutes ago, fruitie said:

I'm sure plenty of people make $10 an hour too but aren't capped on how long they earn. Also don't forget that the price depends on currency injected into the economy. For example if you manage to get a 30g drop, while you get that currency you have to rely on people earning it via other means first. Personally I'm making less and need to figure out whether I want to focus on making more characters or better gold income and can't justify spending my gold. In the end the exchange is going to stabilise around what people on average are willing to shell out. If you don't want to sell ncoin, then don't. However there will be people that are willing to spend hundreds or thousands on this game.

exactly, people will spend hundreds or thousands just like me, but not for the current price. im waiting for that nccoin exchange rate to die down because this shit is some sort of scheme from the elitist to keep the value of their gold intact and keep all the gold for themselves.

1 minute ago, YuriScarlet said:

exactly, people will spend hundreds or thousands just like me, but not for the current price. im waiting for that nccoin exchange rate to die down because this shit is some sort of scheme from the elitist to keep the value of their gold intact and keep all the gold for themselves.

I wouldn't call it a scheme. In fact I'm not sure most people actually know about the exchange. But even then if people don't want to spend their gold they don't need to. Likewise people don't need to spend their ncoin, like you which is why in time there should be a happy medium. Though of course there will still be some people who can't justify the expense on either side of the fence.

Right now it's 1:60  to buy coins

A few days ago it was 1:100 for Ncoins (which are superior to hongmoon)

It will maybe be 1:50 in the next few days

But I doubt it will go much further down than maximum 1:30 for the simple reason that hongmoon coins are completely worthless

Please.. the current patch you dont need to pay for gear upgrades, I can tank every dungeon with true profane better than those with true siren.  same as open world pvp stuff, right now there are not enough awards motivate players to do open world,however, in level 50 patch, there is a new island, gives you new faction dailies and encourage people to do massive  pvp stuff. 

Archived