Forums

Forced to PVP

plasmageek

55 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

- Snip -

This was the most well thought out post I've read in awhile.

As someone who used to compete in fighting tourneys before (especially in GG & BB, and getting wrecked hard by people like Mike Z) I can definitely agree on all points.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Evechan said:

i'm okay, i'm not kid, and not greedy like 70% of blade players, asking for changes everyday, you have the right to complain, and me to complain about ur complain, blablabla change wardrobe, warlock now, change arena quests, change server location, change the game, No ! DEAL WITH IT, right inthe face, I don't care, ncsoft dont care, no one really care if u wasted 5k usd ingame, u own NOTHING, and NOTHING will CHANGE because in ur little mind (not saying ur little mind, but the ones complaining) deal with it, if u can't, well, so we know who are the kid here, in the end all the carebear will leave the game, thats good, or u think the game will close just because they didnt remove the ''forced'' pvp ? cry me a river, you guys are forcing this bullnyerk, but look, no one care *-*

Chill out kid.

I'd probably wreck you in Dirty Bomb, a game with actual competitive potential, but you don't see me being a piece of shit about it.

7 minutes ago, Evechan said:

i'm okay, i'm not kid, and not greedy like 70% of blade players, asking for changes everyday, you have the right to complain, and me to complain about ur complain, blablabla change wardrobe, warlock now, change arena quests, change server location, change the game, No ! DEAL WITH IT, right inthe face, I don't care, ncsoft dont care, no one really care if u wasted 5k usd ingame, u own NOTHING, and NOTHING will CHANGE because in ur little mind (not saying ur little mind, but the ones complaining) deal with it, if u can't, well, so we know who are the kid here, in the end all the carebear will leave the game, thats good, or u think the game will close just because they didnt remove the ''forced'' pvp ? cry me a river, you guys are forcing this bullnyerk, but look, no one care *-*

Word of advice: Quit while you're ahead.

I don't know where your displaced anger's coming from, but seriously.

It's probably a nice day outside. Go out, have a blast with your friends, and come back when you're feeling better.

This isn't something worth feeling angry about anyways.

Since the carebear never understand when we say no no and no, more easy say NO YOUR PIECE OF (censored lalala) deslike it ? good, so DON'T FORCE WHAT U WANT TO OTHER PLAYERS OR COMPANY, got it ? no ? big text will come again to make u mad =P and yes, a cute and beauty night here, raining :3 and good the rain is not forcing the water in me lol, joke -q 

16 minutes ago, Banzatou said:

This was the most well thought out post I've read in awhile.

As someone who used to compete in fighting tourneys before (especially in GG & BB, and getting wrecked hard by people like Mike Z) I can definitely agree on all points.

LIKE, FOLLOW AND SUBSCRIBE.  Hurrhurrhurr.

Also.  Thanks.

Guilty Gear 3 hardcore 5 me.  I could never even get Dizzy's second tier super down or consistently FRC out of her ice pillar attack.  Christ, that game had strict timings.

The game is built around pvp, it is clear since you leave bamboo village and join red/blue...if you don't like it, don't do it, get gold by doing dailies/farming dungeons and buy those soulstones (or buy the complete crafted item).

for me when i doing daily faction quests, and when someone atk me for free, than i just know that this person been always beat in real life so he try to beat in game thats all xD, no friends in game/no friends in real xD sadly but true, and in some min or sec haters will answer at this post cause they are in "internet" and they dont need to be scared (just here) xD

On the contrary!  Outside of the arena, I am forcing myself to find any pvp at all, but the PVP avoids me at any step. 

- Nobody is hanging around with bamboo or ram, stratus etc outfits so this aspect of the World PvP totally burns out.  I had bamboo - ram fight only once for 45 lvls. 
- The only working pvp aspect is Legion vs Order and even then everything is skewed. You are either outnumbered and switch channel or the enemy guy is outnumbered and ofc switch channel. Rarely someone calls faction buddies to form a brawl for some of the Insignia Farm. 

There are no territory war, no castle sieges, no PVP event of any other form rather than Arena or random encounter that ends with switching channels. 

6 hours ago, plasmageek said:

I've been trying to understand WHY I'm being forced to PVP. I don't enjoy PVP, I have no desire to PVP, and yet I'm required to PVP to 1) Get the only hongmoon skill that has been released for my class (granted, it seems pretty worthless, but not really the point) 2) To advance all my weapons and accessories for the soulshards (or pay exorbitant prices on the marketplace). You may argue that some are quest, but in a PVP zone where I have to be PVP flagged on a server were Crimson seriously outnumbers Cerulean and loves to rub it in our faces. So I'd love an explanation, and more importantly, I'd love to hear that this asinine system is changing. I don't see it working well in North America, where a good majority of people simply just don't PVP .

But... thats like me saying NCsoft is forcing me to do quests to level >_> semi-hassle

It would be nice if they had an option for pve altho the PVP daily quests give you beans regardless win or loose so.... all in all its not TOO bad.

1 minute ago, AlcatelOneTouch said:

On the contrary!  Outside of the arena, I am forcing myself to find any pvp at all, but the PVP avoids me at any step. 

- Nobody is hanging around with bamboo or ram, stratus etc outfits so this aspect of the World PvP totally burns out.  I had bamboo - ram fight only once for 45 lvls. 

methinks it might be because the costume isnt too cool xD

6 hours ago, plasmageek said:

I've been trying to understand WHY I'm being forced to PVP. I don't enjoy PVP, I have no desire to PVP, and yet I'm required to PVP to 1) Get the only hongmoon skill that has been released for my class (granted, it seems pretty worthless, but not really the point) 2) To advance all my weapons and accessories for the soulshards (or pay exorbitant prices on the marketplace). You may argue that some are quest, but in a PVP zone where I have to be PVP flagged on a server were Crimson seriously outnumbers Cerulean and loves to rub it in our faces. So I'd love an explanation, and more importantly, I'd love to hear that this asinine system is changing. I don't see it working well in North America, where a good majority of people simply just don't PVP .

Omg, forced to do pvp in a pvp game. 

Finally justice for all those crap mmos that forced pvpers to pve. You do realize that the pvpers (majority of player base) are forced to run pve for hongmoon skills dont you ?

Grow up, if you dont like the game go play something else. 

Good luck to you.

3 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Finally justice for all those crap mmos that forced pvpers to pve. You do realize that the pvpers (majority of player base) are forced to run pve for hongmoon skills dont you ?

Good luck to you.

Then why aren't you playing a real PvP game?

The only "Justice" will be emptier servers as time goes on, mark my words.   

If NCSoft is just doing a little cashgrab with this game then all is good.  If they want longevity then...

People are offering solutions to help keep a large population interested in this game.

7 minutes ago, Lacha said:

The only "Justice" will be emptier servers as time goes on, mark my words.   

If NCSoft is just doing a little cashgrab with this game then all is good.  If they want longevity then...

People are offering solutions to help keep a large population interested in this game.

No, the op and u are offering solutions to your gameplay, the op are forcing what they want to ncsoft mouth, and nothing will change, all BS are like this, Americans are not especial, Europe players are not especial, the game will stay, pvp will stay, do not like ? move to one private-myserver-mygame and be happy.

33 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Good luck to you.

actually majority are pvers. :D 

I still fail to see why all the whining is about.

If there are enemy faction camping a quest you simply switch channels and they are gone.  

Back in my Lineage 2 days such thing was impossible. They just come at your farm zone and hurt you, again and again and again... It was like in high school,... you show cowardly hide when they are gone of the playground. 

These types of threads remind me of the whole "Dark Souls difficulty debate." Where basically, people who were used to more casual games wanted a difficulty slider in the options so they could play the game "without all the frustrating dying," and "it wouldn't matter to the people who like the difficulty because they can just keep it on the hard setting!" But what they failed to realize was that the frustration and the struggle to overcome real challenges (and the accompanying joy when you finally succeed) was the intended appeal of the game, and had the option to avoid that been present many people would have remained in their comfort zones on the easy difficulty and not experienced what the game was intended to be, and in all likelihood it wouldn't have been the massive hit that it was. The moral of the story is this: you may think you know what you want from a game, but the things you enjoy are not set in stone; over the course of your life you will try new things, disliking some and liking others, with your tastes changing based on those likes and dislikes. For all any of us know, the thing that rips us out of our comfort zone may be the thing that introduces us to our greatest enjoyment in life.

Now, obviously BnS is not a groundbreaking or revolutionary game like the Souls series was, but the basic premise is the same: the end-game content to keep people around in this game is the competitive PvP, not the PvE that you can finish in a few weeks. There are two benefits to the "necessary" PvP; one is that it creates a larger PvP scene, and another is that exposing players to PvP along their journey up to max level, and in their grinding to acquire the gear they need to accomplish things, will acclimate people (but not everyone of course; there are obviously people who will never like PvP in any form) over time instead of just dumping them into PvP when they hit max level with no experience, which leads to a greater retention of players as less people will instantly discount PvP and leave because they've "finished the game."

If you are one of those people who will never enjoy PvP, well, all I can say is that maybe this game isn't the right one for you. Or maybe it is, and you'll just have to deal with the fact that you're playing a game that doesn't cater to your specific playstyle, as nothing can be for everyone.

26 minutes ago, Zephan said:

These types of threads remind me of the whole "Dark Souls difficulty debate." Where basically, people who were used to more casual games wanted a difficulty slider in the options so they could play the game "without all the frustrating dying," and "it wouldn't matter to the people who like the difficulty because they can just keep it on the hard setting!"

Not a fair comparison.  Dark Souls has always been uncompromising in vision, relentless in implementation of itself as a very difficult action game.  Every single aspect of it's gameplay, it's world and even advertising gives witness of a single mind working with startling clarity.  Dark Souls envisioned itself a monument, and crafted itself accordingly.

Blade & Soul is no such beast.  Blade & Soul can't even lock a stable frame rate.

While I agree that BnS is obviously no masterpiece, it wasn't a comparison between the two games; I was just using that as an example of the point I was making about my philosophy on the relation between a consumer's wants and a developer's intentions, so if you could read the whole post and reply to the overall point rather than singling out a couple sentences that would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Zephan said:

While I agree that BnS is obviously no masterpiece, it wasn't a comparison between the two games; I was just using that as an example of the point I was making about my philosophy on the relation between a consumer's wants and a developer's intentions, so if you could read the whole post and reply to the overall point rather than singling out a couple sentences that would be appreciated.

If you could read the post I made earlier in this same thread, or read some parts of this thread at all, that would be appreciated.

Archived