plasmageek

Forced to PVP

Recommended Posts

I've been trying to understand WHY I'm being forced to PVP. I don't enjoy PVP, I have no desire to PVP, and yet I'm required to PVP to 1) Get the only hongmoon skill that has been released for my class (granted, it seems pretty worthless, but not really the point) 2) To advance all my weapons and accessories for the soulshards (or pay exorbitant prices on the marketplace). You may argue that some are quest, but in a PVP zone where I have to be PVP flagged on a server were Crimson seriously outnumbers Cerulean and loves to rub it in our faces. So I'd love an explanation, and more importantly, I'd love to hear that this asinine system is changing. I don't see it working well in North America, where a good majority of people simply just don't PVP .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oOGorrOo   

I can agree with you, as I also dont like to PvP much. But to be honest, after few days I started to enjoy that hour while I am doing faction quests. Still out of arena though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is retarded that the entire system is focused around it. I mean, even if you just want to do your shitty daily quests you have to fight and or turn into a paranoid since there is always some *cricket* assassin in stealth just waiting for you to bend over to pick up a rock for your quest so that he can stab you in the ass.

 

And I hate it when they say that you need to get friends or some shit. Especially when most people enjoy playing solo cause of work or because they just like to have their own time and not having to deal with groups.

Edited by EzekielRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koragg   

Incoming 
tumblr_static_white_knight.jpg

But yeah i agree with you, all this owpvp and faction stuff does it create hate and splits player base. I don't mind Arena that's what i call pvp. But i just can't call this faction thing pvp...

Edited by Koragg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zaffi   

Are u guys for real ? this game was open pvp since the beta it revolves around . If u don't like it u just go farm the gold and so on and u can buy the materials out of the ah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koragg   
Just now, zaffi said:

Are u guys for real ? this game was open pvp since the beta it revolves around . If u don't like it u just go farm the gold and so on and u can buy the materials out of the ah 

Called it, did u see? I called!! With picture and everything!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zaffi said:

Are u guys for real ? this game was open pvp since the beta it revolves around . If u don't like it u just go farm the gold and so on and u can buy the materials out of the ah 

 

Now everyone got to play the beta. And the game itself is misleading as hell. Yes you get to choose if you want to pvp or not, but if you dont do factions and the pvp dailies you are just shooting yourself in the foot from the get go. Lets not mention the bullshit WORLD PVP where the ZERG faction just waits for the World Boss to spawn for it's regular *cricket*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zaffi   

I for one i'm not doing the blackwyrm i do only the other dailys that have almost nothing to do with the pvp change channel and they take around 20 min max i talk about the one with soulstones so donno where the problem is with opvp, The arena pvp is another whole fvcked up thing cuz the classes are un-balanced as shit and so on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attack opposite faction, could only be in a Guild vs Guild, open world many of us just want to fight the map of enemies with no players. After all who wants to go PVP arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rocdog   

You can buy a lot of soul stones with money from PvE dailies, which you have less time for if you do faction dailies.  No one with a full-time RL job and/or family responsibilities gets to have it all in MMOs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uhh... the games m ain selling point is pvp, playing it and complaining about the pvp necessity is like playing league because you hate mobas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sudzy   

I, too, get mad over trivial things like being forced to play the game.

 

 

Jesus Christ, is this a real complaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2501   

It's true that owpvp is not balanced/structured at all. Can't think of an MMO where it is, never has, and never will be... (although GW1 had something similar in a structured GvG form) it's just lazy design, reusing existing content to cram PvP in there.

 

However, the thing that irks me most are rewards. it's possible to earn 15 gold/hour in arena via beans > soulstones... those rewards are disproportionate to PvE, and you can repeat them ad-infinitum, where in PvE you are limited to dailies. Trying to PvE without dailies is a pointless waste of time, due to no rewards. PvP rewards also favor certain classes, and those with higher end PCs living next to servers. :\

 

It's a completely imbalanced system in every aspect, through and through.

Edited by 2501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kinohki   

It honestly never ceases to amaze me that when games force a person out of their comfort zone, there are threads like this one. How about the inverse. Why do I have to do pve to get the best in slot soulshields? Why can't I just pvp for everything I need / want?

 

That was satirical, by the way. To put it simply, the game's plot line in the open world has the warring factions vying for resources known as soul stones. It only makes sense that to procure some for yourself you have to do the pvp dailies. Most of the crafting stuff comes from PvE, which makes sense. It also, to me, makes sense that to truly improve your character's strength, that character needs to face other strong character's in combat. Let's be real, PvE bosses like Ogong are simple. Hell, I soloed him on both my FM and Assassin. The PvE in this game isn't difficult.

 

There in is the true problem behind these threads. The people don't want challenging content. They can take being killed by a boss but not by another player because of the possible taunting and ego crushing that may ensue. That illusion that you're a badass gets ruined when you run up on a bigger badass that crushes you into the ground without breaking a sweat, thus we cry that it's unfair and we want things easily handed to us.

 

Also, this is an MMO. That means massively multiplayer online. That means a community. Despite that, there is tons of content to do solo. If you're good enough, you can even solo the big 4 blue dungeons and in some cases of insane people, the purple dungeons like blackram supply chain. You can do a ton of crafting content solo. Hell, you can even level up to max solo without breaking a sweat.

 

Call me a white knight if you will but I'll prove your point that I'm not because blade and soul has flaws. Want my opinion? I wish it had more pvp or that I could pvp without having to wear the faction outfits. Maybe I'd like to pvp in my stinger outfit. I can in the arena, but not the open world. They put it that way so people like you then wouldn't complain bout getting ganked all the time if it was truly open world pvp.

 

That being said, there are tons of other games that don't force pvp. WoW, EQ, FFXIV: ARR, PoE, Tera (sorta. I think there are PvE servers). The list goes on and on. I doubt the developers are going to change their game to suit a small audience that wants to solo everything. My question though is, and this is coming from largely a solo person myself, why do you want to solo -everything-? Sometimes it's fun to group up and do things with people and be social. It breaks the monotony.

 

Also, 2501, that's not true. You can farm brightstone ruins and the big 4 for recipe drops. The merry potter one currently sells for 35g + so you can make quite a bit of gold just by running and getting money from the bids people make. If you can solo them, you can make 1 gold 40 silver per ruin from selling moonwater tears. If you get stylish pouches, add another 20-60 silver on top of that for almost 2 gold per run on some runs. If a recipe drops? You made bank. It's not as consistent, but still doable. Lets not forget crafting. Some professions easily make that in a few hours. Once I'm geared up for crafting, making money via pve won't be an issue at all. It just requires a bit more setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2501   
5 minutes ago, Kinohki said:

Why do I have to do pve to get the best in slot soulshields? Why can't I just pvp for everything I need / want?

 

 

That's true also. All items should be tradeable/purchasable via marketplace. But there's a specific reason in this game why they're not; because it seriously lacks content. Content is time-gated with gear grind to boot, so it artificially takes longer to complete.

 

There simply isn't enough content, and that's why items/market are designed the way they are: To prevent you from getting what you need too quickly, spending more time and cash in game. That also applies to the horrible RNG-progression gating.

 

I mean, you can complete all content in 2 weeks in this game... then you've nothing left but gear grind... and cash shop...

Edited by 2501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Takeva   
1 hour ago, zaffi said:

Are u guys for real ? this game was open pvp since the beta it revolves around . If u don't like it u just go farm the gold and so on and u can buy the materials out of the ah 

 

If you would have played beta, you would know that a lot of things are different. You would know that soulstones were super easy to obtain. 

 

I have no problem with PvP but sometimes I just don't want to do it but I have to for my gear. It's becoming annoying real quick.

This is a PvE/PvP game. NcSoft advertised it in that way. Yes, the main focus is PvP but they shouldn't shit on the PvE side if they actually want money from everyone. There are more PvE players then there are PvP, ijs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mishii   
14 minutes ago, Kinohki said:

It honestly never ceases to amaze me that when games force a person out of their comfort zone, there are threads like this one. How about the inverse. Why do I have to do pve to get the best in slot soulshields? Why can't I just pvp for everything I need / want?

 

That was satirical, by the way. To put it simply, the game's plot line in the open world has the warring factions vying for resources known as soul stones. It only makes sense that to procure some for yourself you have to do the pvp dailies. Most of the crafting stuff comes from PvE, which makes sense. It also, to me, makes sense that to truly improve your character's strength, that character needs to face other strong character's in combat. Let's be real, PvE bosses like Ogong are simple. Hell, I soloed him on both my FM and Assassin. The PvE in this game isn't difficult.

 

There in is the true problem behind these threads. The people don't want challenging content. They can take being killed by a boss but not by another player because of the possible taunting and ego crushing that may ensue. That illusion that you're a badass gets ruined when you run up on a bigger badass that crushes you into the ground without breaking a sweat, thus we cry that it's unfair and we want things easily handed to us.

 

Also, this is an MMO. That means massively multiplayer online. That means a community. Despite that, there is tons of content to do solo. If you're good enough, you can even solo the big 4 blue dungeons and in some cases of insane people, the purple dungeons like blackram supply chain. You can do a ton of crafting content solo. Hell, you can even level up to max solo without breaking a sweat.

 

Call me a white knight if you will but I'll prove your point that I'm not because blade and soul has flaws. Want my opinion? I wish it had more pvp or that I could pvp without having to wear the faction outfits. Maybe I'd like to pvp in my stinger outfit. I can in the arena, but not the open world. They put it that way so people like you then wouldn't complain bout getting ganked all the time if it was truly open world pvp.

 

That being said, there are tons of other games that don't force pvp. WoW, EQ, FFXIV: ARR, PoE, Tera (sorta. I think there are PvE servers). The list goes on and on. I doubt the developers are going to change their game to suit a small audience that wants to solo everything. My question though is, and this is coming from largely a solo person myself, why do you want to solo -everything-? Sometimes it's fun to group up and do things with people and be social. It breaks the monotony.

 

Also, 2501, that's not true. You can farm brightstone ruins and the big 4 for recipe drops. The merry potter one currently sells for 35g + so you can make quite a bit of gold just by running and getting money from the bids people make. If you can solo them, you can make 1 gold 40 silver per ruin from selling moonwater tears. If you get stylish pouches, add another 20-60 silver on top of that for almost 2 gold per run on some runs. If a recipe drops? You made bank. It's not as consistent, but still doable. Lets not forget crafting. Some professions easily make that in a few hours. Once I'm geared up for crafting, making money via pve won't be an issue at all. It just requires a bit more setup.

but i AM the biggest badass*ette in this game. PVP & PVE wise. i just enjoy PVE 20x better and only hop over to gank you. ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banzatou   

I get some of you saying "You should have known this was a PVP-focused game" especially with Kinohko's post. 

 

However, a good portion of the beginning of the game leads you to a false sense of security about it not having to be PVP oriented. Obviously someone who has played this game before, or is pro-PVP would know this was coming, especially when all they've wanted was an MMO that surrounds PVP. And even if the story indicated about warring factions and that "you must partake in this war to win for your side", no person who's just trying to have fun on their own side would have thought this meant literally.

 

Also to answer the question of "Why solo everything and play with everyone?" from Kinohko's post, not everyone likes to socialize with strangers, but we still like to play an MMO due to its expansive landscape and gameplay.

 

At the same time, it also feels nice seeing actual players running around, because it doesn't make you feel alone while not needing to actually connect with them, and I get that. Because I prefer PvE over PvP anytime. If I wanted to truly enjoy true PvP matches, I would have went back to playing fighting games and joined tourneys. But I no longer have interest in that. I'd rather play with my fiancee, probably make an acquaintance or two together , and then party up in a dungeon and smash NPC faces. 

 

In PvP, to us, it no longer feels fun.

 

It feels like work. And that's not fun; we just want to relax after work/school, not do more thinking and would rather use that mental time to build my portfolio for future jobs if that being the case.

 

If we're forced to play, then that's where our drive in wanting to progress in BnS stops. Again, I get why this game goes where it goes. We PvEers just wish they didn't lead us blindingly into the fray. And I'm pretty sure pro-PVP goers feel the same way too in wanting this to be full PVP from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunate news for you this is a pvp game, sure there is pve but thats basically to prepare you for endgame.

In time you are forced to pick an alliance, and will have to equip your uni to upgrade your windwalking skills and i think some faction stuff is also in main story campaign not sure as its been a while, but other than that you can just skip faction stuff unless you wanna get more money from the dailies.

Edited by BestWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   

I disagree that it's stupid that you have to do pvp to get a skill, BUT i disagree that you are forced to do any pvp otherwise.

Lets put aside the fact that mostly you can do the ow-pvp quests without a single encounter - or meet people that dont want to fight either. I had a really funny party yesterday with 50% cerulian and 50% crimson who did quests together... we just randomly met. It was the most amazing thing ever xD

 

But well jeah, the reward is "pretty decent". Let's say you get 15 soulstones, that's 15*35 = 5.25 gold. You are not forced to do this quest. You will have to do it, if you want to maximize gold/day (assuming single character). You get the same gold when doing poh n bsh. Yes, the reward is high, but the effort is rarely in doing pvp..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2501   
23 minutes ago, Takeva said:

There are more PvE players then there are PvP, ijs.

 

The surveys I've seen on this issue point to a 10:1 ratio of PvE:PvP players. Ignoring PvE is like trashing 91% of your income. Of course, it varies by game, some of which don't even have PvE content (FPS are mostly PvP), etc...

Edited by 2501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now