Forced to PVP

plasmageek

PvP in BnS is very enjoyable. My previous MMO was my first MMO, and when I tried PvP there, I went through the same experience of loving it. I really miss the objective-based PvP, because the best of the 8vs8 experiences, are really the best, but 1 vs 1 is a nice pace, and well, it helps avoid the worst of the team PvP, where unreasonable people can really spoil the experience.

I am not a fan of the tag matches in BnS, and I wish I could do OW PvP and 6vs6, if it is more objective oriented, but, ironically that is locked behind the PvE gear.

BnS is really too invested not in PvP, but in the end-game PvE, and the ideal of a player who does it all, and a lot of it all too on a daily basis.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, pvp players can get hongmoon skills from arena after the update, but soulstones that are the most important thing for pve players since you need that shit to upgrade 6 items including craft, transmute etc are still locked at pvp, and you also have to deal with the *cricket*ing hackers too. double trouble. very nice

On my server its a little annoying to do pvp related quests in misty woods. There are way more crimson legion people than cerulean folks in general and I have to sneak around doing my quests in the morning because if i try at night there will be a massive swarm of crimson people who will gang up on you. I refuse to switch factions as the crimson legion have terribly garish outfits :^]

Agreed. The forced-PvP side of this game has put me off and I've tried my hardest to get into it - I've already gathered over 10k zen beans from the odd Arena match on my BM and Warlock, but I don't really enjoy it, honestly - mostly every player I go against has already learned their class (and other classes) well-enough to counter and combo my EVERY. SINGLE. MOVE. It's really hard to learn, even after watching countless videos and listening to pro advice, to process it all and put it into action (to get used to it) takes time and I'm so far behind because this game seems to be a big rat race of rushing to get the best things, just so you can flatten bosses and players in open world with your 500+ AP and other high stats.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

Only if you play it this way. I am in silver tier, and not really eager to be any higher, but I enjoy every match for the puzzle of it and trying to figure it out.

The fact that OW PvP uses the PvE gear is regrettable, I agree. If the OW PvP was bolstered, you'd have a chance to fight back, not get one-shot, and then it would be much more interesting than Got Griefed, Switched Channel routine or following a bit-train after they cleared the path for you.

Exactly... I do admit that I enjoy 1v1 and EVEN Tag matches, surprisingly, because I'm learning on my BM after playing it at lvl 50 since around 1-2 weeks ago. At least there's ways for us silver noobs to get some soulstones :D although to get those small dragon certificates requires us to go into the new purple dungeons, which isn't too bad if you go with a friend who knows what they're doing and who can sort of comfort you so that you don't get into a group full of angry veterans. lol

4 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Agreed. The forced-PvP side of this game has put me off and I've tried my hardest to get into it - I've already gathered over 10k zen beans from the odd Arena match on my BM and Warlock, but I don't really enjoy it, honestly - mostly every player I go against has already learned their class (and other classes) well-enough to counter and combo my EVERY. SINGLE. MOVE. It's really hard to learn, even after watching countless videos and listening to pro advice, to process it all and put it into action (to get used to it) takes time and I'm so far behind because this game seems to be a big rat race of rushing to get the best things, just so you can flatten bosses and players in open world with your 500+ AP and other high stats.

Only if you play it this way. I am in silver tier, and not really eager to be any higher, but I enjoy every match for the puzzle of it and trying to figure it out.

The fact that OW PvP uses the PvE gear is regrettable, I agree. If the OW PvP was bolstered, you'd have a chance to fight back, not get one-shot, and then it would be much more interesting than Got Griefed, Switched Channel routine or following a bit-train after they cleared the path for you.

It's PvE players that turned the game into the rat race to the BiS at the expense of pleasure of gaming.

3 minutes ago, Tupac Shakur said:

Exactly... I do admit that I enjoy 1v1 and EVEN Tag matches, surprisingly, because I'm learning on my BM after playing it at lvl 50 since around 1-2 weeks ago. At least there's ways for us silver noobs to get some soulstones :D although to get those small dragon certificates requires us to go into the new purple dungeons, which isn't too bad if you go with a friend who knows what they're doing and who can sort of comfort you so that you don't get into a group full of angry veterans. lol

Well, I am hoping to learn how to beat Jung Hado, to obtain the SDC for my future beans. I've just got my Hongmoon skill on the first 5K, and am very pleased with myself.

Anyway, I think we need a support group: "Below 450 AP, and I am Fine." Or... Undergeared and Happy. Just Say No to Grind.... or... something.

The thing with open world pvp is that it heavily favors some class while putting the rest at a major disadvantage. Mainly speaking range and sins have a great advantage while melee class have a much harder time defending themselves. Open would PvP will never ever be balance.

BnS should really have 2 set of items one for mainly PvP and one for PvE. Soulstones should come from both PvE and PvP dailies.

4 minutes ago, spongemike said:

The thing with open world pvp is that it heavily favors some class while putting the rest at a major disadvantage. Mainly speaking range and sins have a great advantage while melee class have a much harder time defending themselves. Open would PvP will never ever be balance.

BnS should really have 2 set of items one for mainly PvP and one for PvE. Soulstones should come from both PvE and PvP dailies.

Well, maybe, just maybe, the BnS creators had that crazy idea in mind that PvP folks would trade PvP specific soulstones for PvE specific mats (that gods knows are plentiful) and then everyone would sufficiently gear and play OW PvP. But no, we can't have that.

Seriously, I am all but convinced that the entire "I don't want to PvP!" outcry comes not because it is PvP per se, but because it's a gankfest due to the huge gap in gear between a fresh level 45, and a geared level 50 HM X.

Closing that gap is hard. That's why we need the bolster, to give a new and undergeared player a chance, at rewards, at defending him/herself, at dignity, at gearing.... So it's Okay to play slower, to enjoy the game, to, like, play it, not rush or be doomed to suffer.

I'm on Soha and there almost non existence about open world pvp, I do misty wood dailies and plenty of time I face to face other faction players on my way to quest area but we just leave each other alone, there still some aggressive players on both factions that attack any red names on sight but that's very rare, I did have someone higher level than me jumped on me and after I gave him a good fight back then we went on our way after we agreed to each other it was a good worthy fight. 

3 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Well, maybe, just maybe, the BnS creators had that crazy idea in mind that PvP folks would trade PvP specific soulstones for PvE specific mats (that gods knows are plentiful) and then everyone would sufficiently gear and play OW PvP. But no, we can't have that.

Seriously, I am all but convinced that the entire "I don't want to PvP!" outcry comes not because it is PvP per se, but because it's a gankfest due to the huge gap in gear between a fresh level 45, and a geared level 50 HM X.

Closing that gap is hard. That's why we need the bolster, to give a new and undergeared player a chance, at rewards, at defending him/herself, at dignity, at gearing.... So it's Okay to play slower, to enjoy the game, to, like, play it, not rush or be doomed to suffer.

Not everyone likes to PvP. Content for people who want to PvP should be regulated to PvPing and content for people who like to PvE should be regulated to PvEing. In no universe does it make sense to try crossing the streams. And just because your game allows players to PvP doesn't mean it is focused on PvP. What is the vast majority of the content in the game devoted to? In the case of BnS the vast majority of content is devoted to PvE, therefore the game is focused on PvE.

On 2/17/2016 at 8:01 PM, Zephan said:

While I agree that BnS is obviously no masterpiece, it wasn't a comparison between the two games; I was just using that as an example of the point I was making about my philosophy on the relation between a consumer's wants and a developer's intentions, so if you could read the whole post and reply to the overall point rather than singling out a couple sentences that would be appreciated.

A video game developed by a large studio by many people is a consumer product. Consumers have every right to request changes to the product that they are paying for.

Archived