Forced to PVP

plasmageek

I read the whole thread, not sure what that has to do with my post. Sure, you said that the game is sending mixed signals, and it is, but what I said is that the end-game is the competitive PvP, not that it was done particularly well or that it's the only point of the game. PvE lasts, if you play casually, maybe a month; there is no PvE end-game, so the only thing that will keep people around is the PvP.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see where some people believe this is a pvp oriented game. Sure it has arena, a variety of open world pvp and faction pvp but there's far more pve content than pvp content. I will say that I don't agree with soul stones having been placed as rewards for faction quests which force people to pvp sometimes. I know it's usually easy to avoid pvp when doing them because sometimes I am all for pvp while doing quests but sometimes I just want to get some of the dailies done and move on to something else. I don't do the faction dailies every day in misty woods because there's more things to do imo and I don't have unlimited time.

I have read that there will be more ways to get soul stones through pve over time. I also know they can be bought from the marketplace but sometimes I spend my gold on other things. There are a lot of players that prefer pvp, a lot that prefer pve, and a lot that do both but the game seriously can't alienate those that do not want to pvp especially if they spend money on the game. Really the pve aspect probably will generate most of the game's revenue since if you want more inventory, buy ncoin, if you're tired of a weapon chest not giving you your class weapon, buy ncoin, the list goes on of luxuries the cash shop can provide.

Also many of the premium perks benefit pve more so than pvp so although the game does the esport thing, it should place more focus on pve to make more money from the game. I like the pve and pvp but I never expect any mmo with pvp unless it's strictly pvp with no pve dungeons, questing, etc.

8 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

>no pve end game. just you wait :D 

I'll take your word for it; played KR years ago but that was before they were even as far as we are now in the game's development, so I really have no idea what's coming.

If u wont play against or with another players then what is point u playing Online game?

What is point upgrading end game gear if u wont use it against another players?

Solution is simple...if u wish pve then u dont need go max lvl or end game gear...stay on low lvl and do dungeons all day long u wont miss a thing

7 minutes ago, Hectore said:

If u wont play against or with another players then what is point u playing Online game?

What is point upgrading end game gear if u wont use it against another players?

Solution is simple...if u wish pve then u dont need go max lvl or end game gear...stay on low lvl and do dungeons all day long u wont miss a thing

To play with others duh, upgrading gear is catered to PVE cause gear doesn't matter in arena pvp so I don't understand why it's almost required to faction pvp which is a pain in the ass in it's own right, so far I've gone 3 days without doing BW cause the opposite faction keeps creaming us so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place getting soulstones regardless what I do atm.

I love all the people who assume that because THEY played beta or had heard of this game prior to release, then surely everybody must have. I started playing it because I lost most of my Wildstar guild to this game. My husband and best friend also started playing, and so I said *cricket* it, let's try it. The combat is different, and it's fun. The story line has been entertaining. PVP, I was led to believe based purely on game play, was OPTIONAL. Now that I'm in the 'end' part, I'm being forced to PVP for items I have to have or pay INSANE prices on the marketplaces (the going price atm being 35s is a lot when one considers you need at least 70 for your weapon to even get into siren). Some of us do in fact have things called jobs and a real life/

The point is, why not make it so that the blue dungeon dailies give 2 soulstones, the purple ones give you 4? That way PVE'ers could do just PVE. People who want to do both can go ahead and do both. People who just want to PVP can just do PVP. Unless it's off hours, my sever's area for PVP dailies is overrun, and I'm getting nuked left and right. And yes, I think it sucks for PVP'ers to be required to do PVE content as well, but as many have said, you can level via PVP. It sucks to have to do the dungeon to get the shield pieces if you detest PVE, but they're trying to force us to do both, and it's shitty. 

It would be better if you did some research about a game you want to play firsthand. BnS is not a new game, it's been 3 or 4 years? So there should be a lot of material to read and see about BnS. I have played several MMO, IMHO, BnS is not a heavily PVP oriented game. It didn't forced you on constant open PK like L2. I have not found a scheduled faction war either. For those who played MMO but didn't feel confortable interacting with other player or only played to admire the beauty of its scenery, I believe there are plenty of "offline" game with similar or better scenery

I find it amusing how people seemed to have overlooked my second post explaining how this game can be played with a PvE mindset via crafting. You can run dungeons to farm drops which sell for gold. You can also craft items to sell for gold and buy soul stones. Not everything requires the arena or even the misty woods dailies. Most of the misty woods "pvp" dailies are even PvE so there really isn't much of a leg to stand on.

Not to be rude, but the people who are complaining saying the game should be more accommodating towards PvE'ers are the types that want everything handed to them, would run to max level and then quit and complain there isn't enough content and that they're bored with the game. 

While the game isn't perfect, the game does have a large PvE aspect that can be utilized to make coin to transfer to soulstones. All the crafting stuff is in areas to where there is no pvp so you are free to gather it as you wish. Like i said, dungeons drop some of the best crafting recipes and you can even challenge yourself by soloing dungeons and keeping the drops. There is PvE. You're all merely deluding yourselves with tunnel vision because of soul stones. Think outside the box and look for more than one solution to the problem. Is it optimal? Of course not, but the arena giving the most soul stones is how it should be. It rewards GOOD players that know their combos, know their classes and know how to utilize their skills. No offense, but arena pvp takes far, far more skill to pull off than fighting an AI like Ogong or Poharan. To keep those soul stones, those people have to maintain their rank WHILE farming zen beans. Maintaining that rank is the hardest thing.

For the rest of us people who aren't as skilled, we have crafting. I personally have plenty of gold and do just fine through crafting. The game is what you make of it. It has the content there, you're just choosing not to utilize it and instead wanting everything handed to you. I'm not meaning to be rude, but this mentality is getting a bit ridiculous in games nowadays.

As for what Zephan said, the Dark Souls comparison is spot on. People don't want to look for solutions to their problems, they want to complain until things are fixed to their liking instead of putting in the effort involved. I can't really get behind that train of thought nowadays.

@OP, you don't have to PvP at all if you don't want to. Anything you need is obtainable throughout PvE and the HM skills bough with zen beans are PvP focused, so it shouldn't bother you at all. And if you're gonna cry about soul stones I'll say just one thing - deal with it. You don't wanna do it yourself then pay up and let someone else do it. This is actually balanced and reflects the real world economy.

1 minute ago, KuroAka said:

Can make the argument that you are forced to grind and PvE to be able to be viable in PvP. This game is pretty much the purest example of that an MMO was 15 years ago, and what is now seen as bad game design. 

Uhm, no? You can as well fight naked in the Arena. And faction stuff is not PvP, it's GvP. Aka gang vs player. I could live without that crap, tbh.

I'm ok with pvp unless it's...

A) You are ganged up in open world pvp just cause the other faction have more players then your. Nope, you couldn't even get in that highly populated one to begin with cause it was full from the get go. Even if you can change your faction later it means you have to go through all the trouble raising your faction rank all over again.

B) Spawn killed at certain part of low lv pvp zone.

C) Stupid rng when it comes to Tag match like how the other side got a mix bag of the 3cancers (summoners/des/bd) whereas you only have like 1 cancer or none at all or like when the 3 of you are silvers but the other side have 2gold1silver players. 

I don't mind if I have to pvp just to unlock skills cause I heard those are pvp skills anyway. 

I wish I can gain more soulstone beside doing faction/exile. I know you can trade zen bean for those or just do the another daily chore with your alts. Well I don't really like those latter options... A bit odd that most of those are pvp-related only.

4 hours ago, TheRealBronx said:

If you're a carebear, go play Hello Kitty Online.

Leave the PvP games to the real men.

I say again: then why are you playing this game?  Too scared?

Competitive-tier players rarely shoot their mouths off like you, so you're obviously not comp.

sad truth are,the  most of...

PVE players = massive support for games with cosmetics (just look Tera)
we need then, NCSOFT need then or game fail.

PVP players = some just play pvp cannot support anything, here BNS they have you own economy with soulstone don't need spend one obama.

but are easy make both sides happy

in 2 steps

1- make faction items for quests or upgrade sellable more money for pvp players
no more desmotivated to play pve player

2- give soulstones on dg's daily quests but make then bind on pick up

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:55 AM, Koragg said:

Incoming 
tumblr_static_white_knight.jpg

But yeah i agree with you, all this owpvp and faction stuff does it create hate and splits player base. I don't mind Arena that's what i call pvp. But i just can't call this faction thing pvp...

I hope you realize that you COMPLETELY MISUSED this picture and the entire term. youre actually the white knight, swooping in a coddling the crying dame in distress.

Just now, Grodycody said:

I hope you realize that you COMPLETELY MISUSED this picture and the entire term. youre actually the white knight, swooping in a coddling the crying dame in distress.

Uhh... no, no i didn't... I said those that protect and support pvp and never see anything wrong with any of it are going to come. I really fail to see how you can call me the white knight....

27 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I say again: then why are you playing this game?  Too scared?

Competitive-tier players rarely shoot their mouths off like you, so you're obviously not comp.

and youre looking like the carebear hes talking about. "you cant be anything if youre being mean" gtfo....

3 hours ago, Grodycody said:

and youre looking like the carebear hes talking about. "you cant be anything if youre being mean" gtfo....

What's the point of this reply?  I know I'm good at vidya, I really couldn't care less about your approval.  I know what I'm about kiddo, and honestly, for your own sake, I hope you're at least better at something in life than you are at this forum stuff.

All people are saying in this thread is that NCSoft has as much an obligation toward PvE players as they do PvP players, and honestly, given the design of this game, they're right.  Open world PvP in this game is essentially worthless given how easily two or three players can stunlock another player to death... so why push it onto PvE peeps?  You do your thing, let them do their thing, it's cool.  Unless you just want to gank peeps because you can't cut it in a real PvP game like Street Fighter or Counterstrike.  Then that's just you trying to make up for being weak.

@Halfcentaur, if I tagged you by accident, that was the forums being borked.  Sorry about that.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, Meerkat said:

What's the point of this reply?  I know I'm good at vidya, I really couldn't care less about your approval.  I know what I'm about kiddo, and honestly, for your own sake, I hope you're at least better at something in life than you are at this forum stuff.

All people are saying in this thread is that NCSoft has as much an obligation toward PvE players as they do PvP players, and honestly, given the design of this game, they're right.  Open world PvP in this game is essentially worthless given how easily two or three players can stunlock another player to death... so why push it onto PvE peeps?  You do your thing, let them do their thing, it's cool.  Unless you just want to gank peeps because you can't cut it in a real PvP game like Street Fighter or Counterstrike.  Then that's just you trying to make up for being weak.

@Halfcentaur, if I tagged you by accident, that was the forums being borked.  Sorry about that.

lol youre good at this forum stuff? maybe if you were better at pvp you wouldn't have to cry on the forums. I camp quest places just to force people like you to the forums. so, I guess you get +10 more forum exp. lol.

that last part is a funny one. being weak? I think you need less game time and more real life time. if youde like, pm me and ill help you get through the differences.

8 minutes ago, Grodycody said:

lol youre good at this forum stuff? maybe if you were better at pvp you wouldn't have to cry on the forums. I camp quest places just to force people like you to the forums. so, I guess you get +10 more forum exp. lol.

that last part is a funny one. being weak? I think you need less game time and more real life time. if youde like, pm me and ill help you get through the differences.

You're going to need a little more Tabasco than that weaksauce.  Gonna tell me to PvP you irl next bruh?  Lel.

gonna tell you to either learn to pvp in game, and not be such a loser, irl, bruh.

"WAAAAAA someone forced me to pvp during my pvp quests!<!>!?"

"here, here, small child. allow me to coddle you with my soft hands and flabby arms. those big bad pvpers are nothing so long as we hug and believe otherwise. here, ill post this picture to try and divert pvpers from a pvp game into thinking they are the wrong ones."

"omg youre so brave and loving!"

"yes, now allow me to caress your lips with mine and prance our fingers around each others backsides."

Archived