Forced to PVP

plasmageek

Let's put it this way, I hate questing and doing pve unless its big bosses and fancy dungeons. But I still do it anyways to get to the PVP part of the game. Its basically kinda a "deal with it" situation and won't change. Its never changed for me, I still have to quest/farm/grind to level, its just part of the game. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, asmariya said:

Let's put it this way, I hate questing and doing pve unless its big bosses and fancy dungeons. But I still do it anyways to get to the PVP part of the game. Its basically kinda a "deal with it" situation and won't change. Its never changed for me, I still have to quest/farm/grind to level, its just part of the game. 

No you don't you can level up by pvp

5 minutes ago, animekitty said:

No you don't you can level up by pvp

True to an extent, I can't finish/see the story unless I PVE. I also can't get windwalking skills unless I PVE. PVP is usually an option to level up, and in this game it does give you that option, but it affects your ranking, which kind of means you could/would be destroying your ranking if you tried doing PVP at low levels with a few skills. I won at few matches at level 18, and got paired against a few level 45's. Sure, the levels is scaled etc, but the skill/skill points system is not, which leaves them with a lot more skills/stuns/moves and you with a little, usually leading to rank declines. I'm level 40 right now, and NOW I can level up in pvp pretty efficiently, and not destroy my ranking, but the first 30 levels or so are not so easy. 

Just now, Brehme said:

So many carebears in this thread. I can't wait when they try Bless Online or Black Desert Online. There are going to be so much PK, PVP and stuff in those game. 

I enjoy all the carebear tear in this thread. 

PK and PVP is the best kind of MMO :) <3 

On a side note.. while i too hate PvP  i did know going in that it was a part of the game progression and i would be happy to do it if it wasn't for the fact that once again being located in Australia means no local server and a 200-300ms ping so PvP is impossible. I love the game but I sadly had to stop playing due to the fact that the lag is real.

there is a online petition with over 20,000 signatures asking for an oceanic realm and for the ability to pay in local currency (1AUD is 70US cents so game time is expensive)

NCSoft have said they have no plans to launch an Oceanic server.. so i sadly have no plans to return to the game. 20,000 players surely should be enough to justify at least one server.

3 minutes ago, asmariya said:

True to an extent, I can't finish/see the story unless I PVE. I also can't get windwalking skills unless I PVE. PVP is usually an option to level up, and in this game it does give you that option, but it affects your ranking, which kind of means you could/would be destroying your ranking if you tried doing PVP at low levels with a few skills. I won at few matches at level 18, and got paired against a few level 45's. Sure, the levels is scaled etc, but the skill/skill points system is not, which leaves them with a lot more skills/stuns/moves and you with a little, usually leading to rank declines. I'm level 40 right now, and NOW I can level up in pvp pretty efficiently, and not destroy my ranking, but the first 30 levels or so are not so easy. 

But at some point you will finish. It's not forced upon you everyday. Once you complete the story and the Windwalking skills you are done. PvErs have to PvP daily to upgrade their weapon or they are forced to slowly generate income to buy of the market.

Games should be about options.  Forcing this upon players will make people leave despite all the white knighting here.

At the time, no life'ing it in arena (if you are good) is the best way to make soulstones/gold  PERIOD.   

It is up to NCSoft to fix this or suffer losses in the near future.

I get it, I have 3 lvl 45 (kfm, bm, fm), doing 3times all the faction quest is a pain.

PvP, can we realy call it like this, we are npcs for the people farming others in those area. Classes balance in wpvp is awful.

Most of the time, I log off and stop playing for a few hours, come back later and hope there's one channel with not a lot of people.

Soulstone is all I (well we) need to upgrate our gear. The other things take no time to farm. End up doing pvp 3/4 of my ingame time.

When it comes to the nitty gritty, they are not going to completely change a game because a few people, even maybe 50% of the people do not like the way the game is. They may balance things, fix issues, add content, but when it comes to actual changes such as "I want a different story ending, I want to be able to get this weapon from PVX, I want this item to be dropped from a boss instead of dungeon", They are not going to change that unless they made those changes in Korean Blade and Soul. That's why I say its kind of a "deal with it" situation. :/ If you like the game enough to pvp even though you don't like doing so, you will keep playing, if you don't, you will simply move to another game. 

2 hours ago, plasmageek said:

I've been trying to understand WHY I'm being forced to PVP. I don't enjoy PVP, I have no desire to PVP, and yet I'm required to PVP to 1) Get the only hongmoon skill that has been released for my class (granted, it seems pretty worthless, but not really the point) 2) To advance all my weapons and accessories for the soulshards (or pay exorbitant prices on the marketplace). You may argue that some are quest, but in a PVP zone where I have to be PVP flagged on a server were Crimson seriously outnumbers Cerulean and loves to rub it in our faces. So I'd love an explanation, and more importantly, I'd love to hear that this asinine system is changing. I don't see it working well in North America, where a good majority of people simply just don't PVP .

It's a tragedy we know , but you'll just have to deal with it . I crieverytiem

PvP or PvE is all care bear these days.

Death means little in this game.

You want Hardcore make it so the other person can take and use your stuff when you die or you lose levels.

As far as this being a PvP game,a PvP end game will never be as big as say WoW that has both that you can choose either.

58 minutes ago, Lacha said:

Games should be about options.  Forcing this upon players will make people leave despite all the white knighting here.

At the time, no life'ing it in arena (if you are good) is the best way to make soulstones/gold  PERIOD.   

It is up to NCSoft to fix this or suffer losses in the near future.

This game has options though. You can farm dungeons and run dailies (non faction dailies) to get money and buy soulstones. PvP is entirely optional in this game. What more can you want? You have to equip an outfit that even alerts you, "Hey other people can kill you. Do you want to equip this outfit?" You can make gold by crafting (I know, I do. I make about 14+ gold per day crafting if not more). You can run dungeons and sell drops or make money.

You're essentially throwing a passive tantrum because you can't  pve your way to soulstone victory. Hell, even the pvp quests are pve with the exception of that 1 quest to kill 10 of the other faction's players.

Arena is fine to earn soul stones. It is the best way to get them if you're good at the arena, but if you're not, hey, craft and sell stuff and purchase the soulstones. That is an "option" as you put it.

The people complaining about options are just upset because they can't get soulstones without some sort of effort involved. Let's be real, even if the PvP dailies were moved to a PvE area, you'd still complain because every quest doesn't give you 10+ soulstones while arena can get 30, 40 or 50 in a pouch if they're good. Those people, no offense, are better at the game than you. Not every game needs to reward mediocrity and being able to face roll your way to victory like in pve.

Also before you start, I'm silver ranked. I suck at this game but even I view it as a way to strive and get better. Not every game is going to hand you your things to you. I'm STILL stuck on true profane and have yet to upgrade to siren yet. I'm saving up money that way i'm not completely broke when I do so.

Open your eyes. The game has options and is what you make of it. It's your own tunnel vision that's limiting yourself.

I have enjoyed PvPing in other games but I have too say I don't find it all that much fun in Blade & Soul. Open world pvp is hard too find when one faction greatly out numbers the other and well the arena just isn't all that much fun for me. And I do have to agree that being forced to PvP for soul stones sucks, they really need to add them for doing instances or maybe some type of daily so you don't have too spend all of your gold to upgrade your gear.

What I really would love too see is Battle Grounds where a set number of each faction can battle it out. It would be much fairer for the less populated faction then having open world PvP and I am thinking a lot more fun then the way pvp is right now. Most of the games I have played had BGs and my GF and I really enjoyed them. We played Aion but left that game due too the fact of world pvp at higher lvls. You would be trying too do quests and would be jumped by a group that is gear to the max, not fun. IMO BGs is the best way too go here, I think it would bring more players into PvP and cure the problems when 1 faction is so outnumbered.

One of this game's main selling points is the PvP, yet you complain that you hate PvP.

There are many single player games, and MMO's out there that put a heavy focus on the kind of PvE experience you crave.

Why not just eat an orange, if you want an orange? Don't try to turn an apple into an orange, because many people like apples just the way they are. 

My point is, this is a PvP focused game. Don't try to mold it into your own liking just for reasons. Either adapt to your surroundings, or go find more suitable surroundings.

There should be a path to attain everything your class needs for each type of player. There should be a path for PVEers to do PVE to get what they want/need and an equal path for the PVPers to do PVP to get what they need. So you can have a choice which you prefer or mix and match to get what you want/need for your class. It's pretty basic. Cater to both crowds and you have a greater number of people satisfied. Cater to one over another, and you have pretty much made a large section of the player base unhappy.

Unhappy players don't tend to stay and spend money.

On 2/17/2016 at 0:37 PM, TheRealBronx said:

One of this game's main selling points is the PvP, yet you complain that you hate PvP.

There are many single player games, and MMO's out there that put a heavy focus on the kind of PvE experience you crave.

Why not just eat an orange, if you want an orange? Don't try to turn an apple into an orange, because many people like apples just the way they are. 

My point is, this is a PvP focused game. Don't try to mold it into your own liking just for reasons. Either adapt to your surroundings, or go find more suitable surroundings.

There are so many reasons why this is wrong.  You can say this game is PvP oriented in design, and even quote the devs, but it's very obvious this game is very heavily marketed toward PvE players.

I play FPS on a pretty high level and spend a lot of time chatting with comp. players in the games I do play.  I spend a lot of time discussing mechanics, balance and design.  So let's start breaking things down.

Why is the summoner's pet some kinda kawaii cat blob?  Actual competitive players?  They probably don't give a shit what it is.  An aggressive looking wolf might be kinda cool but it could be a Honda Civic.  Honestly, it doesn't matter.  All that matters is that I know if it's mine or the enemy's and what kind of threat it represents.  So again, why the kawaii cat blob that we have?  To attract female players?  Probably.  To attract casual players?  Most definitely.

Why is everything so pretty?  Actual competitive players?  Form follows function.  Utilitarian and functional, each and every piece placed with purpose.  Shave those extra polys.  Make it pretty because I don't want to be playing *cricket*ing Pong, but don't waste any unnecessary effort, and for god's sake, keep the particle effects to a minimum because that shit only serves to make it hard to see and drop frames.  Those are all resources that could be better suited toward improving competitive play.  Blade & Soul breaks a lot of those rules.  The world is pretty, the characters are pretty, the costumes are unnecessarily detailed, and all the moves are splashy and cool and litter the screen with particle effects.  Those aren't things competitive players usually care about.

Just think about how many things in this game probably aren't designed to appeal to PvP players.  Costumes, particle-effect laden abilities, pretty shit everywhere, shit performance, "epic" storyline, locking high end equipment behind PvE activities, summoner pets, etc., etc., etc.  You do not dedicate those kind of resources to a bunch of crap competitive players either don't give a shit about or hate, and claim to have made a primarily PvP focused game.  That would be pants on head retarded.

Even the much vaunted, OMG HI SKIL animation cancelling.  When I think back on how much effort I expended trying to master FRC's in GGXX, I can't help but look at Blade & Soul's animation cancelling and optimum ability queueing and go, "meh."

Hell, even player dichotomy dictates that a lot of PvP players are just gankers who require PvE players to kill to feel good about themselves.  They're not particularly interested in fair fights against other gankers, and will steer a wide berth around competitive players.  They just want to *cricket* with some peeps, but don't really want to get *cricket*ed with in return because that makes them feel bad.  If there aren't enough other players to gank or they end up being the ones getting ganked, the game isn't fun anymore, and they leave.  Sneak or get snuck.  Bait or get baited.  Then arena populations start dropping, which makes actual competitive players leave because now, they don't have anybody to fight anymore either.

Look up Bartle's player dichotomy.  It's the science that informs modern game development.  WoW knows this.  That's why it's "casual" but successful.  It creates a space for high end PvE players and high end PvP players.

Many failed "hardcore" PvP dominated games will tell you the same story: they couldn't establish the population needed to survive.  Why?  Because wolves kill their own children.  I've played those dead games, and hell, I probably contributed, because I'm the *cricket* that goes into a lobby, goes 3.0 and makes kids ragequit because it makes me feel good.  And I'm not even a complete piece of shit; I don't do it to make people feel bad, I just do it to perform.  Better and better and better.  Unfortunately, that means other people need to underperform.  Sometimes, afterward, I feel bad because I'm probably hurting a product I love, and people I want to succeed.  But I can't help it, it's what I do.  Anyway, that game is dying and it sucks.  Feelsbadman.

Bottom line is Blade & Soul is sending very mixed messages, and incorporates very mixed design, and therefore, has an obligation to it's PvE players as well.  And also... you're wrong.

It's a very simple vote with my wallet sort of thing. Many, MANY posts talk about how if I care about BnS... if I like the game, I will support it. Ok, fair enough. I have spent money on the game. Will I continue to do so?

Not if I can't play the way I enjoy playing and get fun out of the game and progress in the way I enjoy doing so.

Do I enjoy PvP? Sometimes. Am I a hardcore PvPer? No.

Do I want my gear progression tied to PvP? Absolutely not.

By the same token, I do not believe a hardcore PvPer should have to PvE to get their gear. (eg, progression raiding/end-game content)

Good game design allows progression for all play-styles and does not force people into situations where they cannot enjoy the game. Does this have to equate to watering down the game or catering to the lowest common denominator? Absolutely not. That is a separate decision entirely.

Make me PvP to progress at a certain point, and I won't play beyond that point if I can't enjoy the PvP.

I wholeheartedly agree that BnS sends mixed messages and that the game *presentation* speaks to the non-PvPer, and then gates progress and content behind a PvP wall. The player that comes in the door to enjoy what they see through the window will stay up to that gate and then leave. If you want the game to prosper, as a whole community, then you would ideally want any player who enjoys the game to stay.

People who say "I don't care if they stay if they don't like the PvP" are pretty much short sighted as a group of players. And I seriously doubt the company wants to lose a segment of players when simple adjustments can optimize enjoyment and retention.

Oh dear, why carebears....WHY !!!!

THE GAME IS NOT FORCING YOU TO DO PVP !! THE GAME WAS MADE THIS WAY, TO WORK THIS WAY, YOU !! ARE THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO FORCE THE GAME TO WORK LIKE YOU !!! WANT !!! (caps mode off) 

Srsrly, i buy ncoin, i pay to the game stay on, and that don't give me the right to ask for changes, to ask to ncsoft remove something from game, DEAL WITH IT, u own nothing from ncsoft, the pvp is unbalanced ? OKAY, Cerulean rekt crimson ? OKAY, but read this, all of this have nothing to do with the open world pvp system !! if something here is wrong, are the players choosing cerulean (are u, like i see, idiot, choosing crimson easy frag) and the patch, things will change with new content, but DEAL WITH IT, the pvp will not go away, YOU ! go away, if u dont like, go away, ncsoft is not ur mother, no one will give hot milk to you.

Game forces you to PvP...

Oh, sweetiecakes, you know nothing of forced PvP.

On a server where we're heavily outnumbered, and I can still find a channel to quietly PvE my way through the PvP dailies in, and my world doesn't end when some player wrecks my face in OWPvP.

Even then, in the other thread of this same silly argument, it was brought up that the level 50 content brings more ways to acquire soulstones through PvE. Have a bit of patience.

22 minutes ago, Evechan said:

Oh dear, why carebears....WHY !!!!

THE GAME IS NOT FORCING YOU TO DO PVP !! THE GAME WAS MADE THIS WAY, TO WORK THIS WAY, YOU !! ARE THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO FORCE THE GAME TO WORK LIKE YOU !!! WANT !!! (caps mode off) 

Srsrly, i buy ncoin, i pay to the game stay on, and that don't give me the right to ask for changes, to ask to ncsoft remove something from game, DEAL WITH IT, u own nothing from ncsoft, the pvp is unbalanced ? OKAY, Cerulean rekt crimson ? OKAY, but read this, all of this have nothing to do with the open world pvp system !! if something here is wrong, are the players choosing cerulean (are u, like i see, idiot, choosing crimson easy frag) and the patch, things will change with new content, but DEAL WITH IT, the pvp will not go away, YOU ! go away, if u dont like, go away, ncsoft is not ur mother, no one will give hot milk to you.

You got way too much anger, kid.  Take a deep breath, work that shit out, and come back when you got your head on straight.

2 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

You got way too much anger, kid.  Take a deep breath, work that shit out, and come back when your brain is functioning again.

i'm okay, i'm not kid, and not greedy like 70% of blade players, asking for changes everyday, you have the right to complain, and me to complain about ur complain, blablabla change wardrobe, warlock now, change arena quests, change server location, change the game, No ! DEAL WITH IT, right inthe face, I don't care, ncsoft dont care, no one really care if u wasted 5k usd ingame, u own NOTHING, and NOTHING will CHANGE because in ur little mind (not saying ur little mind, but the ones complaining) deal with it, if u can't, well, so we know who are the kid here, in the end all the carebear will leave the game, thats good, or u think the game will close just because they didnt remove the ''forced'' pvp ? cry me a river, you guys are forcing this bullnyerk, but look, no one care *-*

Archived