Im no pro in fact a novice at BM so...

ChaosprimeZero

I need help improving and would like input on PvE builds. I still have not grasped most things in this game and really want to learn. i can put the time in but i need some guidance. Any help is appreciated so if you can, id appreciate it.

many thanks in advance for any and all help provided :)

Artesia Prime (in game character name)

Server Windrest

Early level for leveling, definitely put 1 point into horned slash (RB in draw stance, get 1 focus for crit), and 2 points into 5-point strike (middle one high damage, good gap closer + damage after u killed something with horned slash). Also 2 points into tab lunar slash for the stun + instant cast (ur go to AoE farming tool). It speed up leveling pretty well.

Once u get to later level, u may need to change them.

What I did to learn was use the recommended PvE spec to level up.

As I progressed, and started to learn more and more about the class's abilities, I began experimenting with different builds. That's the beauty of being able to re-spec anytime you please, at no cost.

There is no one set build, you can build according to your own preference, and playstyle. If you like to experiment, than this game's deep skill tree system should keep you busy for a while.

Yeah im Lv.45 at present and i guess i should have experimented more. I wish there was a guide to show what each skill actually does but i guess thats asking a bit much. I use to do an ability from blocking that would hit multiple target infront of me however i have since lost the ability to do this. 

The idea is to get a set up at present thats good and then work from there. I feel very noobish at present and really do want to learn and get better :) Im dedicated in that way just need that helping hand to start off. Ill try that skill tree posted above though

I'll give you some suggestions for where to put points. These work for me but may or may not work for you.

Breeze: I would go down the right tree to Tier 4. This will give you 20% hp back for the damage you do. Good for sustain and focus generation. Core skill.

Flicker: T3S2 for the stun. Good CC. You can also go down the left or right sides for more dps if that's your preference.

Honed Slash: 1 point in this for focus recovery on crit. This is your main burst dps skill. Spam this whenever you can.

Lunar Slash: T2S2 for the daze. You can go down the left side for more AoE damage and focus recovery.

Second wind: you don't really need this for PvE, but is core for PvP. Take T2S1 for grab escape, T2S3 for an added daze effect.

5 Point Strike: 3 points down the left side will give you a daze + knock-up. 2 points for just the daze.

Rush: 2 points for stun

Raid: 2 points for 2 second cc extension.

Ankle biter: You can put 1 or 2 points in this to increase it's range and knockdown time, otherwise leave it alone.

Shoulder Charge: You can put 3 points in this to gain health back, increase it's range and travel time, and add daze time. Good CC

Boot: 2 points in this for knockdown.

Soaring Falcon: 2 points gives you a ranged pull. Get over here!

Lightening Draw: Your highest burst damage ability. Put 4 points in this to increase damage, and get a crit chance + crit damage buff, and more damage on cc'd targets. It hits AoE and will nuke mobs. If you don't care for it much, don't put any points at all, or put 2 points for the extra damage on CC'd targets.

Flock of Blades: 2 points to make it Blade Call to give you more AoE damage. 

Lightening Rod: 2 points makes it a ranged AoE daze.

Evade: 1 point puts you in draw stance upon use.

Block: I don't spec block most of the time, but the 2 points to stun on block is useful in some cases.

Here's some other options I forgot to mention.

Cyclone: Many consider this a core BM skill, as three points in this skill will grant you more focus recovery, increased threat buff for tanking, and grants you invincibility frames or i-frames during use which making you invulnerable to all damage and CC while you're spinning. It also hits AoE, so it will avoid counter skills.

Sundering Sword: If you spec 3 points down the right side of Ankle Biter, you get this useful PvE tool. It is an AoE ability that deals initial damage, and leaves an AoE on the ground that deals damage over it's duration. Each enemy hit will grant you focus, so in PvE, you can use this move to feed you focus as you wail on the enemy with Honed Slashes and Flickers. 

Flash Step: Good AoE damage. 3 points down the left side will add more base damage on each consecutive use. All you need to do is crit one of your targets with this to reset it's cooldown so you can use it up to 3 times in a row, dealing more damage each time.

Blitzblade Scourge?: Your Z ability while in Blade stance will grant you 4 focus on use if you spec 1 point into it. Good for poking at range, focus recovery, and adding a bit more damage to your Blade Call combos.

@TheRealBronx he was asking for input on PvE build, what you posted is a more of a PvP build.

So about PvE:
Breeze: same as TheRealBronx have writen
Flicker: T4S1 for crit chance buff

Cyclone: T2S1 is best for focus regen, use S3 if you aren't confident enough in deflecting or S2 for extra threat if you want to tank.

Honed Slash: T2S1 for flash step cooldown reduction, this is your main dmg skill

Flash Step: T3S1, nice dmg source, cooldown reduced by honed slash

Lunar Slash: T3S1 for focus regen & dmg

Second Wind: 1 point to get out of stun/daze

Block: You need at least T2S1/S2 if you are using S1 cyclone, S2 is more safe, S1 for more dmg. You can use T2S3 for extra healing while tanking.

Rush/Raid: 1 point in each for focus regen.

Anklebiter: if you want to be able KD boss by your self you might want to put 1 point here for extra range (not neccessary but you need to be more aware of range). If you don`t need KD you can spec it T4S3 for focus regen and dmg.

Five Point Strike - S2 for dps, S3 for extra threat while tanking.

Lightning draw - T4S2 for dmg and crit buff.

Boot - T2S1 if you want to be able KD boss by your self (use Anklebiter -> Boot). No point needed otherwise

Flock of Blades - T2S1 to turn in into Blade Call for dmg burst

Evade - 1 point here for extra way to get into draw stance.

You don't need to invest so much into Lightning Draw at Hm1. Don't spec into Crash. You don't need to spec into Honed Slash for it to deal its damage. Blitzblade Scourge is very low on the priority list of things to invest in.

11 minutes ago, Ghobe said:

You don't need to invest so much into Lightning Draw at Hm1. Don't spec into Crash. You don't need to spec into Honed Slash for it to deal its damage. Blitzblade Scourge is very low on the priority list of things to invest in.

I speced into Crash purely cause it looked nice but yea i get ya. 

Bliitzblade recovered chi on blade use so i figured this would be good chi restoration? As for honed slash it was recomended above. What would you change and how would you re-allocate?

That IS my PvE build lol.

PvE is so easy, it's a joke. You can spec zero of your talent points and still do decently. Your build does not matter for PvE, just put whatever you feel is right. You do not need to fine tune your build for PvE content.

I wasn't giving him a point for point build. I was giving him an example of my build, what I take and why, so he has something to base his decisions around when coming up with his own build. Giving someone a build point for point is corny. Teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime.

6 hours ago, ChaosprimeZero said:

I speced into Crash purely cause it looked nice but yea i get ya. 

Bliitzblade recovered chi on blade use so i figured this would be good chi restoration? As for honed slash it was recomended above. What would you change and how would you re-allocate?

Speccing Crash changes it from an AoE(its only use) to a single target(which Ascend is better).

Blitzblade can only be used once per 60 seconds. Not to mention, during Blade Call/Flock of Blades, you'll be getting a ton of natural Focus back anyways. If you want focus regen, the first point of Soaring Falcon will do better for you far more often.

Honed Slash on a single target will actually deal roughly equivalent damage to a Flash Step if it is CC'd. If the target is affected by your Blade Storm, it will deal more damage than a Flash Step, and if they're also affected by a CC, then it will deal even more damage than a 2nd use Flash Step.

For generic boss killing, I'd recommend picking up: T4S3 Sundering Sword(Anklebiter), T3S1 Lightning Rod, T1S1 Soaring Falcon, and T4S2 Multislash(Rush). This will give you much higher focus regen from Sundering Sword and Soaring Falcon, as well as significantly higher damage output from Lightning Rod(75% more damage and 2 uses before losing Soulblades stance), and finally a new hard-ish hitting skill that gives you more i-frames that can give you an on demand Cyclone.

I'm just starting my leveling as well, and I'm mostly just focusing on instant clear/kills but this is what I have so far:

Breeze: Go down and get crit on stun. Thats 2 focus per auto, and I stun a lot.

Lunar Slash: One point to get instant cast, handy for ending animations and mixing hits in with it.

Block: Go down to Blade strike at 3 points.

Evade: One point.

Right now I'm in my low 20s (not sure where you are), but this helps me kill solo/small groups very very quickly. It has hefty damage and very little trouble killing mini bosses without stun bars (like Blackram Narrows, where you need multiple daze/stun/knockdown-s). Continuing with point input, I'd go into Crash to get the knockdown and stop there immediately and get rush becomes invuln. From there, I am not sure. :) Hope I helped a bit too, I wasn't seeing anyone mention this side of the build and sorry I can't give you all the way to level 45 with the point distribution :C

Archived