Maintenance Time.

VVarden

Im not sure of weather this is meant to be a good time to shut down server, but every maintenance takes place during the middle of the day. If it is NA server i would understand as it is probably in the early AM for them, but turning the server off in Europe during THE MIDDLE of the day seems a bit ridiculous, most other games i play have separate time for server maintenance according to the time zones of the server, but every single time iv seen it done here its around 2pm to 5 pm or similar (my local time of course, and even worse on the 10th the game was down from 2-8pm which is the majority of the day) but im sure its close to what a lot of people experience as well. Wouldn't it be better to conduct maintenance at lets say 4am-7am when there is the least players by far online? 

Yes it would be better but we stated it already and there is no official response about this.

Probably the same team/person in charge of this maintenance is doing both EU/NA servers at same time. 

To be honest they could think a bit on us EU players and start it a couple hours earlier (2AM PST) so at least we have a better time with maintenance.

Going to miss my crafts now and guess what, 12 hours long ones means that tonight I'll have to stay here till 4AM or whatever just because they can't do maintenance at a decent time.

It just seems like something so basic that it should have been done without a second though, i wake up and by the time i start playing i usually manage 1 hour before the games is unplayable for the next 4 (this happened every single maintenance so far and i doubt im the only one) really Hope they split the time the servers go down cause this is just not a good idea for how it should work.

That's the unfortunate thing with maintenance times, no matter what time they end up choosing it'll probably end up inconveniencing someone. 

I feel you though. Wanted to get up and play this morning, but guess not.

1 minute ago, rexx said:

That's the unfortunate thing with maintenance times, no matter what time they end up choosing it'll probably end up inconveniencing someone. 

I feel you though. Wanted to get up and play this morning, but guess not.

Yeah but the thing is its starting at 4AM in the USA, here its 1PM already, because lets face it they call it 12AM UTC but that only apply to UK time, rest of europe its already 1PM or even worse. If they start a couple hours earlier at least we could start playing around 2PM CET time which would be much better than 4PM to be honest, but yeah yet again the NA>EU sh1t.

Hope when the esports thingy goes on NA gets raped so hard just to see how NCSoft licks EU players a$$

26 minutes ago, VVarden said:

Im not sure of weather this is meant to be a good time to shut down server, but every maintenance takes place during the middle of the day. If it is NA server i would understand as it is probably in the early AM for them, but turning the server off in Europe during THE MIDDLE of the day seems a bit ridiculous, most other games i play have separate time for server maintenance according to the time zones of the server, but every single time iv seen it done here its around 2pm to 5 pm or similar (my local time of course, and even worse on the 10th the game was down from 2-8pm which is the majority of the day) but im sure its close to what a lot of people experience as well. Wouldn't it be better to conduct maintenance at lets say 4am-7am when there is the least players by far online? 

No I totally understand and I live in the U.S.; this maintenance started at 8 a.m. for me; and will go until almost 12. This is inconvenient for me as an NA player because it's exactly when I'm off; so someone no matter your location will always be inconvenienced by maintenance. It's why I like, example, guild wars 2's method; servers don't even go down. 

36 minutes ago, VVarden said:

I was Just gona make a post about this , this is totaly wrong and i agree with you  Manteinence at 12pm EU time? please comunity manager.... 4:00 AM PST / February 17, 12:00 PM UTC. WORK a way around this because WE in EU want it when we sleep as well .. Like US has it 4am

10 minutes ago, Eska said:

seriously, its like prime time for SCHOOL/WORK.

People, do something with ur lives, get some education, get some job :F

You can Save your comment , it isnt helping anyone . Im on my 3 hours of rest time from work at the time they are doing the manteinence. 2 of this hours i want to relax playing and i cant because they start the manteinence at 1pm for me , no sir thats not correct.

34 minutes ago, SergiuG said:

All of the servers are based in Austin, Texas. While the update and maintenance is done at very low times in the US, it's prime time for Europe. Just have to deal with it.

Sir youre quite Wrong there... EU servers are in Germany not Austin .

51 minutes ago, VVarden said:

I'm Agree

If the servers are in Germany (wich i expect seeing my low ping), i totally agree.

If they are in Austin, then i understand, yet i do want to ask to do maint a couple of hour earlier OR do more, but shorter downtime.

For example do one every day for about 30min.

Thats at least better then comming home from work (wednesdays having the afternoon off) and having to wait 4-8 hours before i can play again.

If they shut the different regions down at separate times then you will have version numbers conflicting and another issue plaguing your game play. Trion does that, and it is a complete pain in the butt if you open the client and you update the wrong region first.  Blade and Soul is doing it right. 

6 minutes ago, Sachiro said:

Sir youre quite Wrong there... EU servers are in Germany not Austin .

:)) ok, let me explain. When u start the game it connects to

64.25.35-100.ncsoft.com

so...the servers IP adress is 64.25.35.100. If you look that up it traces back to Austin, TX

and second of all, NCSoft doesn't even have a headquarter in Germany. The only European one is in Brighton, UK.

Hope that makes sense ^_^

The only Servers that are in Frankfurt are Open World servers... consider that. Should they turn of login, market and few "others" ( arena, cross serv dung, but they not gonna say that directly ) servers two times instead of just one? Cuz EU ppl cry QQ

36 minutes ago, SergiuG said:

:)) ok, let me explain. When u start the game it connects to

64.25.35-100.ncsoft.com

so...the servers IP adress is 64.25.35.100. If you look that up it traces back to Austin, TX

and second of all, NCSoft doesn't even have a headquarter in Germany. The only European one is in Brighton, UK.

Hope that makes sense ^_^

That dosent change that fact the EU servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany

and if they have people in UK that they could perfectly handle the manteinence on a decent EU time

55 minutes ago, OneYouHate said:

If they shut the different regions down at separate times then you will have version numbers conflicting and another issue plaguing your game play. Trion does that, and it is a complete pain in the butt if you open the client and you update the wrong region first.  Blade and Soul is doing it right. 

the solution is 12-1AM US 8-9AM EU if they actualy realy realy need to do bouth regions at same time 

4 minutes ago, Sachiro said:

the solution is 12-1AM US 8-9AM EU if they actulaly realy realy need to do bouth regions at same time 

exactly my thoughts. 2-3 hours earlier would probably be the best solution for everyone.

Probably a lot of players from EU who see this maint time as problem been playing archeage (so did i). And i really liked how trion managed to do all scheduled  maints while it was middle of night in EU and NA separately. Also i been playing l2 and noticed that NC west<Trion as company who hosts game only when i quit l2 and started to play AA- the way they appreciate (any longer server crash and time needed for fix was compensated item, premium wise), support (player support section actually replays to your problem not with copy/paste and SOLVES problem) their players differs quite some.

And i am quite sure that if similar waves would be done by NA players about maint time NC heads would think something and probably (or just would say how deeply sorry they are and how they can't do anything about it) would do some changes.

I just got feeling that NC company see EU players (or all they act same with all of their players?) as 3rd world country and gives pretty much 0 *crickets* about their problems or wishes.

this is for another 45 mins till 4pm uk time .,,, prime time UK is 4pm-4am ........ 1am-3am this is where all nighters in uk sleep , this is where people are at work or at college or school , or this is where night workers sleep ,

where did u get your prime time from ?

9am-11am Gmt..... good time to update

Archived