Possible Add-ons for the game?

Riddick

So i've been looking around and a lot of the gameplay could be improved with some add-ons that some other games have. IE; DPS counter. I really think that a DPS counter would help a lot of people out given that the bosses target the person with the most DPS output on them/generate threat. If we had a counter we could more easily stabilize out DPS and let the tanks tank or keep it below certain party members to keep aggro off of us. Also adding in a target-targeting system would be cool. If we could see what party member is targeting what or what boss is targeting a player, and then extended onto that what that target is targeting. We could intercept mobs/bosses that are going for a teammate that might not be paying attention and potentially save someone from a death. 

I know there's probably a thousand other add-ons that could be thrown onto here from other MMORPGs and such, but crucial ones that some have that we don't would really help players out a lot.

Target of target what for ? You don't have to target a player, you have to target the enemies.

This is not WoW. And giving the players an e-peen meter will just increase the already over-toxic endgame community.

The best you need to do with adds enemies is to control them into unconscious statuses and dodge the attacks.

1 minute ago, Grevier said:

Target of target what for ? You don't have to target a player, you have to target the enemies.

This is not WoW. And giving the players an e-peen meter will just increase the already over-toxic endgame community.

The best you need to do with adds enemies is to control them into unconscious statuses and dodge the attacks.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

You can do that too. What I'm getting at is if you can see who is targeting what, say by looking next to their slot in the party member location, you can see one of poh's tigers coming at the FM that's trying to burst her down; or one of Slashimi's little stingray buddies about to lightning ball someone. If you see that and they're not targeting the person that's about to rock their rock you could stop it if you're paying attention. Just things that are meant to help you a little more. 

11 minutes ago, Riddick said:

So i've been looking around and a lot of the gameplay could be improved with some add-ons that some other games have. IE; DPS counter. I really think that a DPS counter would help a lot of people out given that the bosses target the person with the most DPS output on them/generate threat. If we had a counter we could more easily stabilize out DPS and let the tanks tank or keep it below certain party members to keep aggro off of us. Also adding in a target-targeting system would be cool. If we could see what party member is targeting what or what boss is targeting a player, and then extended onto that what that target is targeting. We could intercept mobs/bosses that are going for a teammate that might not be paying attention and potentially save someone from a death. 

I know there's probably a thousand other add-ons that could be thrown onto here from other MMORPGs and such, but crucial ones that some have that we don't would really help players out a lot.

To find out who the boss is targeting, all you have to do is look at the bosses name. Next to the bosses name is the player who holds aggro. From there, use your discernment and knowledge of the class to not steal aggro if you don't want to.

2 minutes ago, Riddick said:

You can do that too. What I'm getting at is if you can see who is targeting what, say by looking next to their slot in the party member location, you can see one of poh's tigers coming at the FM that's trying to burst her down; or one of Slashimi's little stingray buddies about to lightning ball someone. If you see that and they're not targeting the person that's about to rock their rock you could stop it if you're paying attention. Just things that are meant to help you a little more. 

I understand what you are saying, but that is why I always try to keep an eye on my teammates myself by looking around the room while using skills. I have noticed many times certain mobs are ganging up on a more squishy player and I'll go assist. I won't lie, it is not always easy, but a challenge keeps the dgn from being boring for me.

I know that you can see what the boss is targeting. We allll know about that feature. What i'm describing is what your target, is targeting. Like what are they paying attention too. So you're in the middle of slashimi for example and see (because of the add-on) that the stingray next to you is targeting the FM. You could see that the FM is about to get wasted if you had the ability to see that the mob is targeting him and could save him. 

Dps meter screws the fun of games and make ppls enrage ,splitting teams work.Better not. Learn to colaborate with everyone,everyone has own utility in a party (this remembers me some kind of joke from some  other game: ''Healer its so shitty ,he does 0 dps on meter,kick !'' :D

1 minute ago, .x. said:

I understand what you are saying, but that is why I always try to keep an eye on my teammates myself by looking around the room while using skills. I have noticed many times certain mobs are ganging up on a more squishy player and I'll go assist. I won't lie, it is not always easy, but a challenge keeps the dgn from being boring for me.

That's what i mean. You can see that, and some other players can. Now some people just don't pay attention and it sometimes costs the party a wipe, or several, and really messes things up and drags on some dungeon runs for far longer than they're needed. Just wanted to throw out a few things that could potentially be useful and I found that to be useful in other games to help either draw aggro or kill a sneaky mob. 

Just trying to throw out useful features is all. There's a looooot more that could be useful here that we don't have.

What I would actually like is just a more obvious explanation of joint attack combos with the other classes. I might be blind, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

I think, if anything, that shouldn't be a mystery since it's already a mechanic. >_>;

4 minutes ago, Riddick said:

That's what i mean. You can see that, and some other players can. Now some people just don't pay attention and it sometimes costs the party a wipe, or several, and really messes things up and drags on some dungeon runs for far longer than they're needed. Just wanted to throw out a few things that could potentially be useful and I found that to be useful in other games to help either draw aggro or kill a sneaky mob. 

Just trying to throw out useful features is all. There's a looooot more that could be useful here that we don't have.

I get where you are coming from, it would be a convenience, but it removes the whole it takes skill to play this game. It takes more than fast fingers to defeat these dgns. Your eyes must always be observing your surroundings as random mobs appear out of literally nowhere to assist the boss. Instead of never moving my camera b.c I can just read what is about to happen to others, I am forced to multi-task which makes it a challenge, and makes it fun or at least not boring.

I'm not saying your idea is a bad one, just that i don't want them to remove the whole watch your teammates back aspect. If people are not paying attn (which I am a victim of sometimes) then that means up your game, get better and pay attention next time. When I die because I'm so focused on one thing I leave myself open to attack, I'm like dang it, I need to pay more attention to (insert the reason I died here) and my goal for the remainder of my game play is to avoid making the same mistake. I'd like to keep the whole learn from your mistake and hone my multitasking skills aspect of the game is all.

Archived