GameGuard is gone - now the game is full of bots

GreenDestiny

It's funny if anyone ever thought gameguard did anything but cause an annoyance or well yeah..

The history of any game you know has gameguard or additional anti cheat software, is usually full of bots and exploits unless the devs actively try to fix it themselves.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again if you ask me , Any game got tons of botters and tons of hackers.

Even the china version of Blade and soul got tons of hackers even if china version is runned by another company and another anti-hacking programs.

I do remember there was a boting party at skitting tunnles grinding it all day along in china version , I saw them for like 2 month every day doing same thing and nothing to happen to them so far.

I do believe if I open china version now they are still their grinding the dung still .

3 minutes ago, Enubis said:

It's funny if anyone ever thought gameguard did anything but cause an annoyance or well yeah..

The history of any game you know has gameguard or additional anti cheat software, is usually full of bots and exploits unless the devs actively try to fix it themselves.

If you want to stop boting or hacking let GMs run around and answer to report request instantly once it received.

Anti-cheating Programs all of them are failure and never work 100% , Only human power can work special that judge of a human is 100% right not like program which is false trigger alot. 

10 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

I hope you guys that cried for GameGuard to be removed are happy. Even since it was disabled a patch or two ago the arena is full of hackers. Hopefully Ncsoft actually bans them in this game unlike Aion. It should be easy to track in 1v1 matches.

Gameguard can only do so much ... those "Hackers" that you mention can easily bypass it.

To be honest many people knows how to do so .. one doesn't need to be a "Hacker" to bypass this silly thing.

Now why so many hackers ... that's different topic but gameguard being there or otherwise has nothing to do with it.

Yep bots are allover the desert collecting Quartz. Looks like they dogged in deep into the game code and get all the re-spawn timers right away too.

Reporting them does nothing... they are still there 24/7 for a while now.

Okay so regardless of GameGuard being disabled or not let me ask you this.

Wouldn't it be quite simple for a software developer to implement a client side patch with a builtin mechanism to check if GameGuard has manually been disabled? If it was found to be intentionally disabled this account could be flagged to investigate for suspicious activity whether it be botting/hacking/spamming/etc.

I know there are ways around pretty much every anti-cheat system in existence but having something probably scares off a decent amount people.

20 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

Okay so regardless of GameGuard being disabled or not let me ask you this.

Wouldn't it be quite simple for a software developer to implement a client side patch with a builtin mechanism to check if GameGuard has manually been disabled? If it was found to be intentionally disabled this account could be flagged to investigate for suspicious activity whether it be botting/hacking/spamming/etc.

I know there are ways around pretty much every anti-cheat system in existence but having something probably scares off a decent amount people.

If its client side it can be disabled. Also GG is useless shit. It does not provide any sort of security it is only big keylogger with admin rights blabla. Nothing good comes out having it.

I would not be suprised if GG even cauased lot more trouble than it is worth

18 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

I hope you guys that cried for GameGuard to be removed are happy. Even since it was disabled a patch or two ago the arena is full of hackers. Hopefully Ncsoft actually bans them in this game unlike Aion. It should be easy to track in 1v1 matches.

Im not sure what sort of hack is being used but depending on what it is, it doesnt take gameguard or anything to bypass the super simple ones.

especially in arena.

Though it would be nice if they were named and banned lol but that probably wont happen :/

Gameguard is a lazy/stupid mans solution.

Trying to prevent the client from being hacked is pointless, and gives developers the false feeling that they've actually got a solution for the problem.  The real solution, of course, is cheat detection on the server.

Seriously, it's not too hard.  Was position "x" at time whatever.  is position "y" at time whatever.  Distance between two points is Z.  if max player speed + wiggle room is too slow to close that distance in that amount of time, ban account.

Problem solved.  (Some more complicated solutions exist for speed hacks and/or no collide hacks, but still.  Serverside solutions exist.  Even bot detection is somewhat doable.)

On 2/17/2016 at 10:28 PM, GreenDestiny said:

The problem with  Game-Guard is the way it works, I have played many F2P games, and many used game-guard this was before I ever thought about the risks as a gamer I just wanted to play the game like many people do so I installed it without thinking about it.

However A year ago a little over now I began to understand the problems these Anti-Cheats do I will explain as best as I can here.

I was playing another game that depends heavily on "Networking" downloading similar to torrents at very fast speeds, the problem is that my game would constantly keep trying to re-download the same data over- and over again, I was looking up why on google no one could understand the problem  I was having they just said it was my computer over and over again.

So after looking around I saw a topic related to game-guard, and "XingCode3" about how once a user has played any of the F2P games it stays installed and running even when the user "uninstalls" the F2P Game" and the only way to remove this is manually by going into the C:\Windows Directory, and registry and removing it by hand because "Game Guard" and "XingCode3" do not provide uninstallers.

Then this got me thinking, (Legally) I am supposed to accept an "Agreement" with "NCsoft" to play "Blade & Soul Right" So Legally when buying a "Founders Pack" or Installing their software they legally have to write somewhere in their agreement they are "Installing Game Guard" and this must be presented to me when I make my account, or before the game launches  that they are installing third party software not developed by "NCsoft itself".

In Europe, and even in the U.S people who have the money "Have the right to legally serve" a company who installs "Third Party Software" without the knowledge of the user accepting such, for example "Every Game" has an agreement that says "Their Software" aka "Blade & Soul" for example is not responsible for damages done to the users computer, however legally this can be contested because "X Company" not just one out there is installing this software knowingly without informing a player of "The Third Party Agreement" of the Anti - Cheat, or any other notice, therefore they might be legally protected for damages covered by their software, but not by their own "negligence" its just like a "Real Life" Accident that results in a person getting injured or death, that person may still be legally held accountable.

The problem however is such legal claims take a lot of money and usually the game company always wins, but it doesn't make it right for any company to go and do this to its players and not at least inform them.

"XingCode3" While not a issue with B&S I used this one in the past with "Sun OF The Ultimate Nation" and it would always call my "VPN Software" a hack and close my game basically telling me what I can and can't have installed on my PC even if its not a hack.

*****To be specific What I want to know.******

. What is the privacy policy of "Game Guard"

. What is their Agreement.

. What data is collected.

. Why is there no uninstaller and why does it stay installed on removal of the game.

******Acceptable Anti Cheats In My Eyes.*****

. Valve Anti-Cheat

. Punk Buster ( While it works just like Game-Guard they provide me a Uninstaller should I no longer want their product on my PC, and "Agreement" that I accept by installing it "Game Guard, and XingCode3" do not.

. Anti-Cheats made by the game developed itself which only Run with the game itself and close when the game is not running as well as uninstall when the game is removed.

*****Bottom Line Every Game Has Hackers / Cheaters.*****

I hate them, but I also hate Third Party Spyware, instead NCsoft should invest into their own Anti-Cheat covered by their (Agreement) which everyone accepts, or hire GM's to monitor servers, I agree NCsoft has one of the worst reputations for allowing "Gold Spam" but in game mechanics which mutes a player for "Gold Spamming" and GM's can ban can be put into the game for example a player reporting  gold spammers would result in Chat being blocked for everyone, "Bots manually investigated and banned by GM's, would work better with NCsoft's own Anti-Cheat.

(Over-All I have "Blocked" "Game Guard"  Installer on my PC from being able to "Install or download "Game Guard" and if the game enables "Game Guard to have to be required) then I am uninstalling, I already filed two support tickets to NCsoft letting them know " I do not legally give consent to have Game-Guard installed and want to know if they plan on forcing it because I don't want to waste my time on a game that I have to quit playing because of this.

http://www.alteredgamer.com/pc-gaming-tech/1709-how-do-i-uninstall-nprotect-game-guard/

On 2/17/2016 at 5:23 PM, Ninfu said:

If its client side it can be disabled. Also GG is useless shit. It does not provide any sort of security it is only big keylogger with admin rights blabla. Nothing good comes out having it.

I would not be suprised if GG even cauased lot more trouble than it is worth

Yeah I am saying they could install a "ninja" type patch to check if Game guard has been tampered with. If anyone noticed it would be too late.

Archived