GreenDestiny

GameGuard is gone - now the game is full of bots

Recommended Posts

Smo   
6 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

So having a hacker free experience is setting the bar too high for you?

Maybe NCFail should have some ingame GM's to intervene to blatant hacking but apparently having a decent support is too expensive and instead they decide to just let these premium paying hackers to infest the game and get some profit on the side?

 

 

 


I have a great idea for you. How about, instead of having your eyes skim over peoples posts without reading anything, and then assuming you know what they said and acting as if they said things they didn't, how about you just actually read peoples posts? Like. You know, make a mental connection between every word in the sentences in front of your eyes or something? I don't know. I think it would help you, you wouldn't be so confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smo said:

 

do you know what a "white knight" is?

'cause the only one's in this thread white knighting, are people white knighting gameguard, complaining that gameguard was removed (it wasn't), thinking it actually helps at all to prevent hacking (it doesn't), while completely ignoring all of the posts in the thread that are actually informative.

Game guard is bad and there is nothing else NCSoft can implement to deter hackers, right?

If this was not a pvp game i would say hack all you want, rub the publishers face into it on youtube and lol your way to million gold but since it is, it is personal to every one of us and the time would be now to take a stance and say, no more!

 

But since game guard is bad our hands are tied, too bad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lahan   

Some hacker killed me 4 times in Misty Woods. I spawn at the tree tower and he hits me from a mile away.

 

I just die on top of the tree tower in my faction camp over and over the moment I spawn.

 

His name was Debit Card on Mushin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smo said:


I have a great idea for you. How about, instead of having your eyes skim over peoples posts without reading anything, and then assuming you know what they said and acting as if they said things they didn't, how about you just actually read peoples posts? Like. You know, make a mental connection between every word in the sentences in front of your eyes or something? I don't know. I think it would help you, you wouldn't be so confused.

I made a mental connection right now, trust me it is not pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smo   
Just now, SinKiller said:

I made a mental connection right now, trust me it is not pretty.

 

So how many times will people have to tell you that gameguard doesn't actually do anything to stop hackers, before something in that walnut clicks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevri   

Interestingly, if gamegaurd is removed explain what in the game executable keep generating those gameguard npgl.erl log files?

 

And isn't it a common knowledge that gameguard isn't hack proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lahan said:

Some hacker killed me 4 times in Misty Woods. I spawn at the tree tower and he hits me from a mile away.

 

I just die on top of the tree tower in my faction camp over and over the moment I spawn.

 

His name was Debit Card on Mushin.

.................. ok, when you rez you go through a loading screen. during this loading screen you can be attacked. hence when you come out of loading screen he prity much has you dead. second i can hit you from on the tower spawn point as my fm sin and even my smn. its not hacking just bad loading mechanics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aevri said:

Interestingly, if gamegaurd is removed explain what in the game executable keep generating those gameguard npgl.erl log files?

 

And isn't it a common knowledge that gameguard isn't hack proof?

NCSoft knee-jerk reaction to all those legit WTFast using players getting banned by automation or Razor owning players getting banned just because they dared to have their hardware software installed. Maybe the game guard is still there but it is dormant.

 

Anyway, NCSofts hands are tied because the game guard was their last, best hope against evil hackers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smo   
1 minute ago, SinKiller said:

NCSoft knee-jerk reaction to all those legit WTFast using players getting banned by automation or Razor owning players getting banned just because they dared to have their hardware software installed. Maybe the game guard is still there but it is dormant.

 

Anyway, NCSofts hands are tied because the game guard was their last, best hope against evil hackers.

 

okay i'm out, i'm now convinced you're just trolling lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

NCSoft knee-jerk reaction to all those legit WTFast using players getting banned by automation or Razor owning players getting banned just because they dared to have their hardware software installed. Maybe the game guard is still there but it is dormant.

 

Anyway, NCSofts hands are tied because the game guard was their last, best hope against evil hackers.

Never had issues with my G19 or G700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aevri   
2 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

NCSoft knee-jerk reaction to all those legit WTFast using players getting banned by automation or Razor owning players getting banned just because they dared to have their hardware software installed. Maybe the game guard is still there but it is dormant.

 

Anyway, NCSofts hands are tied because the game guard was their last, best hope against evil hackers.

Right forgot about those issues, also if gameguard "phone-home" didn't get through to the server or get a respond from them, the game will disconnects, haven't experience that since devs modified it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinKiller said:

This game will be dead in the water in a few months time.

Another game and peoples dreams crushed by the incompetency of the publisher, NCSoft.

 

44 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

There are plenty of publishers around who have already set the bar, NCSoft and their businessmodel is the ghetto of the MMO world.

 

Also, apparently lots of white knighting on behalf of hackers going on around here...

ill show you a wall of stupid.

15 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

Game guard is bad and there is nothing else NCSoft can implement to deter hackers, right?

If this was not a pvp game i would say hack all you want, rub the publishers face into it on youtube and lol your way to million gold but since it is, it is personal to every one of us and the time would be now to take a stance and say, no more!

 

But since game guard is bad our hands are tied, too bad...

 

26 minutes ago, SinKiller said:

So having a hacker free experience is setting the bar too high for you?

Maybe NCFail should have some ingame GM's to intervene to blatant hacking but apparently having a decent support is too expensive and instead they decide to just let these premium paying hackers to infest the game and get some profit on the side?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valiant   
1 hour ago, 2501 said:

 

If you read my posts above, you'd realize GameGuard was not in fact removed.

 

Welll I know what are you talking about but when they use  some " Libraries " From gameguard is a huge difference from using gamegaurd it's self.

I believe if you do study computer science or any programming you would understand what I mean when use some and use the whole thing it's self 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Togari1111 said:

- Content moderated -

Thanks for bringing up my brilliance, it is so rude to bumb threads.

Edited by Ooneka
Content moderated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2501   
33 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Welll I know what are you talking about but when they use  some " Libraries " From gameguard is a huge difference from using gamegaurd it's self.

I believe if you do study computer science or any programming you would understand what I mean when use some and use the whole thing it's self 

 

?? i am a developer (not professionally, but sufficient for my needs). i'm not even sure if gamemon.des is a library or a definition file. everything seems to be integrated into client.exe, with gameguard.des functioning as such, and error logs dumped to bns/bin/gameguard.

 

in any case, there is no difference in linking the library or integrating it into your project in a technical sense such as you are describing. the only difference is that instead of gameguard process crashing, it's now client.exe (the game) which crashes. same reason why firefox used to crash on plugins, until they created a plugin container, and now that crashes, and it still crashes firefox, bcs they can't even handle their own plugin container exceptions. lmfao...

Edited by 2501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valiant   
5 hours ago, 2501 said:

 

?? i am a developer (not professionally, but sufficient for my needs). i'm not even sure if gamemon.des is a library or a definition file. everything seems to be integrated into client.exe, with gameguard.des functioning as such, and error logs dumped to bns/bin/gameguard.

 

in any case, there is no difference in linking the library or integrating it into your project in a technical sense such as you are describing. the only difference is that instead of gameguard process crashing, it's now client.exe (the game) which crashes. same reason why firefox used to crash on plugins, until they created a plugin container, and now that crashes, and it still crashes firefox, bcs they can't even handle their own plugin container exceptions. lmfao...

I know all of that but they could had remove some network libraries that was used by gameguard it self special that I saw many people (include myself ) Had network and disconnect problem with server got fixed after they disabled gameguard to run along client. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ninfu   
9 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

I hope you guys that cried for GameGuard to be removed are happy. Even since it was disabled a patch or two ago the arena is full of hackers. Hopefully Ncsoft actually bans them in this game unlike Aion. It should be easy to track in 1v1 matches.

Seriously do you freaking think that GG even remotely slowed them down? No. It take 30seconds to google how to disable gg and another 30seconds to do so and even if GG was disabled by player Ncsoft would not even know it was disabled.

 

Only thing that GG did was waste of resources and useless program. Im happy that its gone its horrible shit.

 

And hackers arising has nothing to do with GG. They were there with or without GG. Top of that it takes always few weeks to ppl start cracking game and creating hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valiant   
5 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Seriously do you freaking think that GG even remotely slowed them down? No. It take 30seconds to google how to disable gg and another 30seconds to do so and even if GG was disabled by player Ncsoft would not even know it was disabled.

 

Only thing that GG did was waste of resources and useless program. Im happy that its gone its horrible shit.

 

And hackers arising has nothing to do with GG. They were there with or without GG. Top of that it takes always few weeks to ppl start cracking game and creating hacks.

Seem like this guy didn't notice that hackers into arena is level Hongmoon  3 or 2 mean they was hacking and playing game when gameguard was working,

LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DLWQ   

I was killing a couple of bots today for the daily quest and when I have finally killed 9/10 the person's main account ( i think ) showed up, killed me and proceeded to protect the bots by clearing the adds so the bots could get their quest items (Soulstone). Disappeared shortly after when I ran back for round two.


Funniest though, was when I went for the 10th kill. I kd'ed a bot and grappled him, only for him to windstride away instantly. HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Happened twice. My brain couldn't brain when I saw that happening.

Also, a fair bit of teleporting (not too far, still in range but sucks when your approaching skills are on CD).

 

Also, a ton of bots farming Profane Jiangshi essences, made it cheap and easy to get essences. Why can't they farm King Kaari as well though? :-|
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now