Fix Combat Mode Already!

Humor

Hello all,

So after what... 5-6 years of the game being out in korea, Russian, China, Taiwan, etc, etc. You'd think your combat mode would be fixed already.

I'm literally sitting here in a dungeon Solo, after killing one monster, stuck In combat mode, because NCsoft fails to do anything about this problem. It's a known issue, it's been known for 5-6 years already, and STILL they've done NOTHING about it. Why? I ask WHY?

This is about the dumbest thing in this game and totally drives me, and many others insane to the point where the game becomes incredibly unplayable. Honesty, there has to be some kind of simple fix for this, yet, they're doing nothing about it. 

Come on... 5-6 years... Most NCsoft games/Published games I'm totally fine with, and combat mode doesn't even ruin this games, it's the fact that you're literally STUCK in combat mode almost half the time you're playing to their games. I Mean I know it takes literally 1-2 days to achieve max level on each new character you create, but come on already... Walking literally slower than a turtle has becoming truly annoying now. I think I've spent nearly $500 in this game already (cause don't have too many issues with money in my life), and a simple thing such as making combat mode shorter, or even just "Fixed" period can't be accomplished!? Really!?

I'm starting to really hate you guys at NCsoft now. Turning into real scumbags, over pricing cash shop items, and using the money for what? Not for fixing your broken ass game, that's for sure. Maybe it hasn't clued into you, and other developers yet, but if you look at Companies like Blizzard (even though I hate WoW with a passion), at least they use SOME of their funding to fix issues that are wrong with their games, thus they keep people around longer, and those who stay around longer end up spending more money. 

In short, nothing but profit can be gained by fixing the serious issues wrong with your game(s).

And for those who are going to attempt to argue, well, you already know this to all be true, so, screw you too.

26 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

Looks like someone is salty tonight,  if you don't like it,  then go play another game,  some people on this forum moan about everything, honestly what age are you,  time to grow up,  more important things to think about than stuck In combat in a game 

Ya but you see this is the game forum. Of course there are bigger problems in the world. We come here for news, to talk about the game and discuss problems. Why are you here? To talk about starving children in Africa? If so I'm not sure the BnS GAME forum will be the correct venue.

See we're playing THIS game (that's why we post problems we see here and not say the Starcraft forums) so when we see things that need to be fixed we voice it here. The OP is right the combat state does need to be looked at.  I'm not sure if you quite have a grasp on reality if you think voicing concerns about the game on the game forum is somehow salty, whatever salty means. I never hear that term in my neighborhood in fact my entire state, if you called someone "salty" here they would look at you like you're an idiot.

7 minutes ago, UnitedStrafes said:

Ya but you see this is the game forum. Of course there are bigger problems in the world. We come here for news, to talk about the game and discuss problems. Why are you here? To talk about starving children in Africa? If so I'm not sure the BnS GAME forum will be the correct venue.

See we're playing THIS game (that's why we post problems we see here and not say the Starcraft forums) so when we see things that need to be fixed we voice it here. The OP is right the combat state does need to be looked at.  I'm not sure if you quite have a grasp on reality if you think voicing concerns about the game on the game forum is somehow salty, whatever salty means. I never hear that term in my neighborhood in fact my entire state, if you called someone "salty" here they would look at you like you're an idiot.

Thank you United Strafes.

I don't mean any Ill will towards the guy who posted, but come on, this game has been out long enough that the "huge" issues are known, and NCsoft is doing nothing about it. The most they do is say "look at this new over priced costume! We've had in Korea for about 5 years now, but it's new to you! Buy it now!"

And while I'm well aware of how the "F2P Model" works, playing thousands upon thousands Of mmorpg's. Again if we look at Blizzard, again a company I don't agree eye to eye with, they actually take some of their funds, and repair/fix issues that need to be fixed, while NCsoft, Nexon, and other foreign (no offense) ignore completely. 

Combat mode is just a huge Joke in Blade and Soul, this game I get is hugely focused on PvP, and even an Esport in Korea, but cultures differ from one another, a perfect example would be Blade and Soul, we'll never hit the popularity that Korea has for Blade and Soul PvP, it's just the way our mmorpg's work here, from what I've gathered over the many Years, Americans in general consider First Person Shooters above all else priority when it comes to E-Sports, in no such manner have we considered and Mmorpg an Esport, and probably never will, thus, why are we not fixing major issues such as the "Combat Mode"?

Because NCsoft chooses to "Greed" before "need", they don't seem to give a damn about anything other than making a profit on a $25 costume "in game". 

Basically my main point is, NCsoft has nothing on blizzard, they're not as profitable here, because they refuse to deal with such major issues, and try to implement as much as they can in their cash shops, rather than invest in a game which in my opinion is great, should it be working properly, Which it obviously isn't.

1 hour ago, NinjaZombie said:

Looks like someone is salty tonight,  if you don't like it,  then go play another game,  some people on this forum moan about everything, honestly what age are you,  time to grow up,  more important things to think about than stuck In combat in a game 

looks like you never did any dungeon otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said. Some times after killing all the surrounding enemies you get stuck in combat mode for a very long time and this is very frustrating because you have to keep killing monsters instead of just skipping them with your sprint and boosted jump. Also in bsh if you get stuck in combat mode you are unable to wall dash and can't skip the monsters. 

This isn't being salty it's asking ncsoft to fix a problem that has plagued this game for years and nothing has been done about it. 

Before you say any more stupid things go play the game.

7 minutes ago, Kawasaki said:

looks like you never did any dungeon otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said. Some times after killing all the surrounding enemies you get stuck in combat mode for a very long time and this is very frustrating because you have to keep killing monsters instead of just skipping them with your sprint and boosted jump. Also in bsh if you get stuck in combat mode you are unable to wall dash and can't skip the monsters. 

Before you say any more stupid things go play the game.

Lol, I pity the guy who doesn't skip monsters that they can in dungeons...

Cmon man, you're not really that mentally challenged are you? If you play Mmorpg's as much as me and this other guy do, you're smart enough to know when you can, and can't skip monsters. This guys has obviously played the game just as much as I have, and has 3, or more level 45's, HM 1-2 or more.

Your arrogance is the very fact, and stupidity behind NCsoft and why they won't change their methods, because they know people such as yourself will pay and arm and a leg for a game, that doesn't have any plans to change anything, other than add new fancy clothing to their shops....

Please, for the sake of mankind, stop being a chump... And open your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Humor said:

Lol, I pity the guy who doesn't skip monsters that they can in dungeons...

Cmon man, you're not really that mentally challenged are you? If you play Mmorpg's as much as me and this other guy do, you're smart enough to know when you can, and can't skip monsters. This guys has obviously played the game just as much as I have, and has 3, or more level 45's, HM 1-2 or more.

Your arrogance is the very fact, and stupidity behind NCsoft and why they won't change their methods, because they know people such as yourself with pay and arm and a leg for a game, that doesn't have any plans to change anything, other than add new fancy clothing to their shops....

Please, for the sake of mankind, stop being a chump... And open your eyes.

I always skip monsters when i can.

1 minute ago, Kawasaki said:

I always skip monsters when i can.

So you're one of the smarter players... Congrats?

No heard feelings here, but as a player, you can't say to yourself, "Yeah in a solo dungeon, killed one monster, in combat mode for 30 minutes, it's fair" cant you?

Come on you're not that stupid are you? You KNOW there's a problem when you're soloing crap, and you're walking like a tortoise non-stop, right? I mean if that's not a problem... Hell, all Mmorpg's should be in combat mode all the time, right?

Not trying to offend, I'm just saying it's stupid that this isn't fixed yet, I get when other party members engage, yes, and no, it's kind fair, but not really, especially when in Black Ram, and E. Supply when you're trying to skip monsters, but your party members accidentally engaged, and you're stuck in combat mode due to it, you can't wall climb, can't glide, can't do nothing. It's literally not fair.

This is the point I'm coming trying to make here, Sure you can skip everything, but your other party members will get "Stuck" in comabat, and be forced to relog, re-enter the instance, or some other absurd mechanic, how is it fair? It's not, I've literally ditched many party members in the past, and been ditched in the past as such. Further more, it makes no more sense doing dungeons solo. and you become stuck in combat mode, though nothing is attacking you. It's something that really "Should" be looked into, it's not just a minor bug, it's been around for 5-6 years already, and you'd think a game being out "this" long, would have fixed it already. But they didn't, they continue to ignore problems, and rake in thousands of dollars for people who purchase costumes, and I'm not gonna lie, I have the "Silver Dragon" costume which only comes to members who pay a "year Sub", my problem is, NCsoft is doing NOTHING to fix ANYTHING. 

They recently announced they had an optimization patch, but from what I've heard and read, NOTHING changed, they basically LIED, and said "yeah, well here's some crap we attempted to fix, but didn't really fix..."

Not sure how much money you're willing to spend, but for the amount I've spent, and others have spent, it seems pretty stupid that NCsoft is doing "nothing" to help. Granted, it's my own fault, I get it, I'm just saying... People who are forking out cash, are getting nothing in return, except lies, and deception. 

Of course, this is simply my opinion. Again I mean no offense, take it as you will.

10 hours ago, UnitedStrafes said:

the fact that he said in the thread * the russian version * means he knows *cricket* all about it , im not on about bigger problems in the world, i was on about how people on here moan about the most smallest things because they are little cry babys, i have been playing this game for years and things like this don't bother me and the reasons it probably wasn't looked at is because in other Asians versions, they are happy with that they get and enjoy it, but soon as it comes to EU/NA thats when all the cry babys come out because they can't get what they always want

3 minutes ago, NinjaZombie said:

the fact that he said in the thread * the russian version * means he knows *cricket* all about it , im not on about bigger problems in the world, i was on about how people on here moan about the most smallest things because they are little cry babys, i have been playing this game for years and things like this don't bother me and the reasons it probably wasn't looked at is because in other Asians versions, they are happy with that they get and enjoy it, but soon as it comes to EU/NA thats when all the cry babys come out because they can't get what they always want

Stop being a stupid white knight. This shit is a bug and should be fixed.

end. of. story.

The game hasn't even been out for 5-6 years. It's been out for 4.

But I agree, this is a terrible known issue that is almost game breaking and it still has not even been talked about by the devs.

It's pathetic when your entire party is trapped and can't wall run to get to the next part of the dungeon.

You have to escape and run all the way back.
(Can't wait for portals inside dungeons)

Reading these comments makes you realise what shitty community we have, ppl acting like smartasses and playing internet warriors

As for the the topic, totaly agree with you, I hate every min of not beeing able to strping rofl, wish there was a keybind where you could simply switch into combat in and out

Ok, all flaming aside... I have to agree with the OP's statement.  Getting stuck in combat mode and being unable to dash, etc, is a royal pain in the ass. It's especially problematic when you have someone hellbent on finishing a dungeon in one minute. =/  They zone into the dungeon immediately then glide/dash past all the trash to the first boss and start fighting.  Then you and others zone in.  So if you aren't immediately incinerated by a wall of fire, you're running in slow motion through a ton of trash.  Then the idiot who was in a hurry has the nerve to blast you with expletives because you didn't keep up.

These sorts of things could be avoided if people had a little patience, but we all know that's not gonna happen.  So the game developers need to either make it so you're forced to fight the trash, or make it so you can get around it as easily as the person that just went Leeroy Jenkins.

The title is enough..

YES PLEASE.

It's like the most annoying thing to be stuck in combat for 30 seconds, in poheran often (whole group) for 2++ minutes.. i was once stuck in combat for half an minute after breaking a pot... srsly? How hard can it be to leave combat with a POT? I cant imagine that they are particularily persistent when it comes to letting you escape xD

Got to first boss in poh6, combat bug, used escape, we all got back to the pit, in combat mode again.We had to disband the group because we couldn't wall climb or jump.

There is really a problem with combat mode when it requires people to be out of combat to progress.

3 minutes ago, Evengard said:

Actually there was no need to disband the party. Just exit and reenter turn by turn the dungeon, the combat mode will reset.

But well yeah that's a bug which was with this game since it's launch back in Korea.

Disband due to frustration it felt like to me. People just started leaving the group on cross server.

Just now we had to exit BSH because of this fcking bullshit. Killed the 2nd boss and stuck in combat mode. Can't get out of it except escape but ofcourse we had already used it after we killed the 1st boss. Why, because it was the same fcking stupidity. 2 times in a row and we actually waited for 10 minutes for it to end. I wonder what kind of retarded made it that way.

A nice solution would be to have a hotkey to manually change between combat and free-run modes. You can set it to auto and it'll be just like now, but when you're an advanced player you can also set it to manual and decide when to be in combat mode and when in free-run mode.

Archived