Pay to Win? or Not?

Sinthesize

This is information from other ver B&S (Korea, China, etc). Based on what I know after B&S 2.0 or 3.0 patch, Hongmun weapons (weapons that every users received one in the beginning) transformation tree will be gone. This means all the hard work to upgrade Hongmun weapons become pointless (USELESS). As B&S update the max level to 50, entire weapon transformation system will change (based on KR B&S). There will be black/white ridge weapons (lvl 50) legendary weapon. Max weapon level is 12. After level 5, weapon will have very fancy effects (visual effects) which many people wants. 

So what is wrong with this? 

1. Getting a black/white ridge weapon is very hard (a lot of time consuming even though there are 3 different ways to get these weapons).

2. * This is the main problem.  Upgrading (not transforming the weapon) is very tedious (need shit-ton of materials). It is not 100% success upgrading. If upgrade fails, weapon is no longer upgrade-able.

3. Weapons become trade-able and it will be ridiculously expensive. (at least what I saw from Korean ver B&S market, level 6 white ridge weapon was 40,000 gold or higher). 

Without these weapons, it will be hard to play the pvp and some later dungeons because people will kick you out without these weapons (at least in Korea Ver.).

Hardcore gamers (players who buys gold with real money) will not going to have problem playing this game because they will use there shit-ton of money to buy the B&S gold. 

For these reasons, many Korean players move to NA B&S version. Korean players do not transform their hongmun weapons too high because they are worried about the 2.0 or 3.0 patch later. 

Based on recent rising water patch, some conclude that there are possibility that hongmun weapon tree will exist after the 2.0/3.0 patch. 

These are information from Korea Blade & Soul, so this is possibility if NA B&S follow the Korean updates. 

What are your opinions? 

I currently have True Profane Sword. Should I upgrade to Awakened  Siren Sword? 

as many have said in many other threads no its not pay to win.

and don't get started on "but they keeeeeeeeeeys sadface" you can still progress without needing hongmoon keys you just gotta work hard, like mostly everyone else who has no interest in buying.

Even I buy nccoin and i havnt bought a single key, mostly cuz i see no point to.

Also if you wanna upgrade thats on if youre motivated or not, most will prolly tell you to do it anyway.

2 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

as many have said in many other threads no its not pay to win.

and don't get started on "but they keeeeeeeeeeys sadface" you can still progress without needing hongmoon keys you just gotta work hard, like mostly everyone else who has no interest in buying.

Even I buy nccoin and i havnt bought a single key, mostly cuz i see no point to.

Also if you wanna upgrade thats on if youre motivated or not, most will prolly tell you to do it anyway.

Like he said in the op not upgrading weapons will make you do no damage on later dungeons and people who buy gold with ncoin will have a huge damage advantage over other users. Also no one talked about keys, did you even read the post at all?

Just now, Kawasaki said:

Like he said in the op not upgrading weapons will make you do no damage on later dungeons and people who buy gold with ncoin will have a huge damage advantage over other users. Also no one talked about keys, did you even read the post at all?

I only mentioned keys cuz people will most likely look at title and go on that rant again without reading.

Gold to ncoin vise versa really isnt considered pay to win either cuz its just an option to be lazy or grind for something.

11 minutes ago, Sinthesize said:

For these reasons, many Korean players move to NA B&S version.

this is kinda silly, why would they do that

they will have worse ping/latency

they need to learn english

and in a few months bns NA will apply the same version already in Korean Bns so it's practically the same game as in korean

Just now, chinmi said:

and in a few months bns NA will apply the same version already in Korean Bns so it's practically the same game as in korean

If NA change to Korea ver, NC will get rid off Hongmun weapon transformation tree. This makes pointless to upgrade Hongmun weapons. 

6 minutes ago, BestWaifu said:

I only mentioned keys cuz people will most likely look at title and go on that rant again without reading.

Gold to ncoin vise versa really isnt considered pay to win either cuz its just an option to be lazy or grind for something.

um something that directly helps you get better gear than other users whithout the need for grinding is the most p2w thing in an mmo because grinding is a big part of mmos

2 minutes ago, Kawasaki said:

um something that directly helps you get better gear than other users whithout the need for grinding is the most p2w thing in an mmo because grinding is a big part of mmos

pay to win is when they sell you fully upgraded awakened weapon for 100$+ so you dont need to work, having things for convenience is not pay to win, that was also stated in the other topics about pay to win and many people agreed convience isnt pay to win there.

Everything you can still get in game without needing to pay. If thats pay to win for you then just dont buy them and work hard for it.

1 minute ago, BestWaifu said:

pay to win is when they sell you fully upgraded awakened weapon for 100$ so you dont need to work, having things for convenience is not pay to win, that was also stated in the other topics about pay to win and many people agreed convience isnt pay to win there.

Your argument makes no sense. Are you saying p2w isn't convenient? because what's more convenient than buying 1k gold and then buying everything you need to upgrade your weapon/accessories. 

Just because you aren't directly buying the best weapon that doesn't mean getting the gold needed to pretty much skip all the grinding to get to that weapon isn't p2w

I agree that right now NA B&S is not pay to win. However after 2.0&3.0 patches (like korea or china ver), game will become pay to win if NA follows the Korean patch.  what I saw from Korean ver B&S market, level 6 white ridge weapon (this is level 50 legendary weapon) was 40,000 gold or higher. Also people buy fully upgrade lvl 12 white ridge weapon for $1000-2000 dollars in Korea right now. 

Just now, Kawasaki said:

Your argument makes no sense. Are you saying p2w isn't convenient? because what's more convenient than buying 1k gold and then buying everything you need to upgrade your weapon/accessories

I am making sense, its pay to be lazy, the idea of currency exhange was so ppl can obtain nc items with their gold.

If you wanna sell nc to gain advantage then thats your buisness, but I'm not gunna chalk the main idea behind it pay to win cause people want to take advantage of it.

Just now, BestWaifu said:

I am making sense, its pay to be lazy, the idea of currency exhange was so ppl can obtain nc items with their gold.

If you wanna sell nc to gain advantage then thats your buisness, but I'm not gunna chalk the main idea behind it pay to win cause people want to take advantage of it.

omg i'm dumb. the true meaning of p2w is something that can only be obtained through real life money and gives the best stats.

Still it's basically p2w that you can skip weeks or months of grinding to obtain the best items in 1 day.

2 minutes ago, Sinthesize said:

I agree that right now NA B&S is not pay to win. However after 2.0&3.0 patches (like korea or china ver), game will become pay to win if NA follows the Korean patch.  what I saw from Korean ver B&S market, level 6 white ridge weapon was 40,000 gold or higher. Also people buy fully upgrade lvl 12 white ridge weapon for $1000-2000 dollars in Korea right now. 

Since you said market instead of cashshop I'm assuming its player based driven, which goes back to people taking advantage. If the players make it pay to win then thats what happens, but I know if ncsoft wanted it to be intentional they would of made it pay to win from the start.

Just now, BestWaifu said:

Since you said market instead of cashshop I'm assuming its player based driven, which goes back to people taking advantage. If the players make it pay to win then thats what happens, but I know if ncsoft wanted it to be intentional they would of made it pay to win from the start.

Korea have website called "Item Mania." People sell and buy game items with real money. ncsoft made the upgrade system for legendary weapons miserable in patch 2.0-3.0. Also ncsoft will make weapons trad-able, which will turn this game into pay to win. 

Just now, Sinthesize said:

Korea have website called "Item Mania." People sell and buy game items with real money. ncsoft made the upgrade system for legendary weapons miserable in patch 2.0-3.0. Also ncsoft will make weapons trad-able, which will turn this game into pay to win. 

I thought those websites were bannable in korea but if its not then oh well, however i doubt ncsoft won't enforce some laws about a third party site like that. The weapons being tradable however I saw it coming since not many people know about resealing charms nor do they wanna waste time crafting it to sell a weapon for even less than that.

Just now, ThatsSoWoW said:

lol sounds like taking advantage over unintentional reasons for sure.

If the game does become pay to win just means the hard workers gotta work harder right?

Yeah I was thinking about that as well. However, so many people failed to upgrade the legendary weapon. First of all, getting a legendary weapon is hard.  Upgrading (not transforming the weapon) is very tedious (need shit-ton of materials). It is not 100% success upgrading. If upgrade fails, weapon is no longer upgrade-able. Then we need to redo the process of getting a legendary weapon and upgrading process. What if it fail to upgrade again? work hard? 

Just now, Sinthesize said:

Yeah I was thinking about that as well. However, so many people failed to upgrade the legendary weapon. First of all, getting a legendary weapon is hard.  Upgrading (not transforming the weapon) is very tedious (need shit-ton of materials). It is not 100% success upgrading. If upgrade fails, weapon is no longer upgrade-able. Then we need to redo the process of getting a legendary weapon and upgrading process. What if it fail to upgrade again? work hard? 

Oh, I'm not even maxed yet as I play leisurely, so I didn't know about the failing, but yeah with a system like that it will just *cricket* ppl over, hopefully when we get a patch about the failing process for it to be less brutal.

pay to win would be NCWest putting a tier of gear, weapons, accessories and/or soul shield that has higher stats than what is currently available via grinding and upgrading the Hongmoon gear. An example would be a weapon beyond True Pirate. This would be pay 2 win because the only means to obtain it is to buy it.

convenience can be bad or good depending on what is done. If you open 100 weapon boxes and never get your weapon then the convenience of using a cash shop key could be close to p2w.

NA version is completely different from other versions. To even say "This is information from other ver B&S (Korea, China, etc)" is just misinformation.  I have yet to see any pug say you need a certain tier of items before you can play. Now this might change at 50, who knows.

It's not pay too win but if you don't have a ton of time too play it sort of goes in that direction when it comes to evolving your weapon when one may need to farm a instance 20-30-40-100 times to get their weapon. You may get lucky and get it from the chest right off but it really does seem like the chance of getting the weapon you need is very slim and forces you to go too the NCstore to buy a key so you can move on in the game.

Other players from other regions admit that in their version of the game, it is Pay2Win PvE, but arena will never be pay to win.

Their cash shops sell legendary weapons and the best gems in slot. 

I'm one of those that don't care about PvE, so they can go winning PvE as much as they want. 

Archived