Terrible System for BnS

MelodyOfWings

Just now, Sylvexis said:

I agree with you 100% MelodyOfWings.

A well rounded game is a well rounded game. And good design is good design. 

This game unfortunately isn't designed that way. I wish it was, but I don't think it will ever happen. Not anytime soon anyway. 

Thank you... Im just asking for the game to be more fair for all players... im not trying to alienate PVPers, i just want the game to be fulfilling for everyone. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

its fair everyone has same chances from the beginning.

If i dont like pve i call it unfair because i have to level.

We all know that that changes at endgame... and endgame is the only thing that matters.... Right now, only pvp is rewarding at endgame... that should not be the case.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, MelodyOfWings said:

while people like me, who cant break into gold because of the number of BS things in this game are stuck with nothing.

1)  every class can make gold, sorry to burst your bubble.

2) Having trouble getting gold 1v1 ... get gold in 3v3 (easy... very very easy) and let it sit gold so you can buy the bags

3) PVP is balanced around lvl 50 ... just in case anyone doesn't know. We are not 50 yet so ya.

4) PVP is about skill in this game, not gear. Sorry to all you WOW pvpers ... sorry I guess you need to learn your class and EVERY other class to know what to do.

Just now, Bashnir said:

1)  every class can make gold, sorry to burst your bubble.

2) Having trouble getting gold 1v1 ... get gold in 3v3 (easy... very very easy) and let it sit gold so you can buy the bags

3) PVP is balanced around lvl 50 ... just in case anyone doesn't know. We are not 50 yet so ya.

4) PVP is about skill in this game, not gear. Sorry to all you WOW pvpers ... sorry I guess you need to learn your class and EVERY other class to know what to do.

1) This is true, but not easy nor is it fun for many players.... these players should not be forced to have to stress to get gold to keep up with good pvpers in pve things...

2) This is incorrect... only 1v1 gold rank allows you to buy the 30 soulstone pouches... the Bronze/Silver pouches are more likely to give you 5-13 soulstones rather than the 25 it goes up to.

3) Saying pvp is balanced around level 50 doesn't help anyone when lvl 45 is the max level.

4) Again, players should not be punished for not being good at pvp... PVE should be fulfilling to thoes who wish to pursue it. Right now PVP is the only rewarding thing in the game and its punishing players who dont like pvp.

29 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

We all know that that changes at endgame... and endgame is the only thing that matters.... Right now, only pvp is rewarding at endgame... that should not be the case.

Ok i call that unfair!

Because leveling is an aspect of the game that should be more rewarding! Unfair because i dont want it!

Yea bro, thats your arguementation strategy! Sounds like a childs cry doesnt it?

And i doubt that pve isnt rewarding at all, thats just a lie. Wait i cant obtain all customes trough pvp!? Unfair! i feel so forced to pve!

Wait there are alot more chests in pve where i can get hongmoon coins!? UNFAIR!

2 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Ok i call that unfair!

Because leveling is an aspect of the game that should be more rewarding! Unfair because i want it!

I honestly cant tell if that is sarcasm... Leveling up in MMOs is pretty general for MMOs.. and seeing as you CAN level up from pvp alone... i dont see how having to pve to level up is a valid argument.

3 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

I honestly cant tell if that is sarcasm... Leveling up in MMOs is pretty general for MMOs.. and seeing as you CAN level up from pvp alone... i dont see how having to pve to level up is a valid argument.

I already did respond to that. I have to pvp against 45s than thats just as unenjoyable as pveing

Wait i just recognized i cant get weapons from pvp to upgrade my gear for openworld pvp? An whats with the stones i could get from blackwyrm and the way better baguas from pve for open pvp so unfair !

Oh and only because you see it as pretty general i have to enjoy it? i have to go trough it while i hate it but accept it and you are right with crying over 5k zen beans lol bro.

1 minute ago, Waynedetta said:

I already did respond to that. I have to pvp against 45s than thats just as unenjoyable as pveing

Wait i just recognized i cant get weapons from pvp to upgrade my gear for openworld pvp? An whats with the stones i could get from blackwyrm and the way better baguas from pve for open pvp so unfair !

Oh and only because you see it as pretty general i have to enjoy it? i have to go trough it while i hate it but accept it and you are right with crying over 5k zen beans lol bro.

Simply put, the developers should not be requiring pvp to obtain ANYTHING.... its unfair to the pvers... PVP is significantly more difficult than pve.... PVE become the social side of the game... and PVP becomes the Competitive side... You dont like PVE... YOU leave the game... PVE is a major aspect of this game, That is never going to change, Players cannot advance without PVE as you put it... So why wouldn't they reward PVErs? You sound like a selfish child who wants to keep all the rewards to the elitist pvpers... That attitude is going to ruin this game, Both sides need to be rewarding, NOT EVERYTHING is pvp.

7 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Simply put, the developers should not be requiring pvp to obtain ANYTHING.... its unfair to the pvers... PVP is significantly more difficult than pve.... PVE become the social side of the game... and PVP becomes the Competitive side... You dont like PVE... YOU leave the game... PVE is a major aspect of this game, That is never going to change, Players cannot advance without PVE as you put it... So why wouldn't they reward PVErs? You sound like a selfish child who wants to keep all the rewards to the elitist pvpers... That attitude is going to ruin this game, Both sides need to be rewarding, NOT EVERYTHING is pvp.

Yea the whole world is unfair. I have to do pve too which i dont like.

I should leave when i dont like pve? Dude the same goes for you, if you dont like pvp leave the game.

Pvp is the major aspect of this game thats never going to change.

You cannot advance without pvp as we cannot advance without pve.

PvErs wont be more rewarded because this game is more about pvp if you dont like it, yea you said it yourself LEAVE :D

Your the guy who sound like a selfish child who wants everything without playing the whole game.

Mr elite pve'ist

You get everything by playing the whole game take it or leave it, it wont change anyway you can cry as much as you wont!

There is enough reward in pve.

8 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Yea the whole world is unfair. I have to do pve too which i dont like.

I should leave when i dont like pve? Dude the same goes for you, if you dont like pvp leave the game.

Pvp is the major aspect of this game thats never going to change.

You cannot advance without pvp as we cannot advance without pve.

PvErs wont be more rewarded because this game is more about pvp if you dont like it, yea you said it yourself LEAVE :D

Your the guy who sound like a selfish child who wants everything without playing the whole game.

Mr elite pve'ist

You get everything by playing the whole game take it or leave it, it wont change anyway you can cry as much as you wont!

There is enough reward in pve.

Will you stop talking like PVE is some god forsaken evil thing that is so difficult and evil thing that should never be added... Everyone keeps saying this game is about pvp... which is an absolute lie... if it was about pvp, it would be like LoL or Dota or any number of the 100s of FPS games... This game has a very strong PVE gameplay and following, therefor its not built around pvp. You are the Selfish Elietist who wants only the pvpers to be rewarded for their work... well you're wrong, and you need to leave this thread because you are completely disregarding the point to the thread. Essentially, you are making my point for me... That pvp is the only thing that is being rewarded... which should not be the case.

6 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Will you stop talking like PVE is some god forsaken evil thing that is so difficult and evil thing that should never be added... Everyone keeps saying this game is about pvp... which is an absolute lie... if it was about pvp, it would be like LoL or Dota or any number of the 100s of FPS games... This game has a very strong PVE gameplay and following, therefor its not built around pvp. You are the Selfish Elietist who wants only the pvpers to be rewarded for their work... well you're wrong, and you need to leave this thread because you are completely disregarding the point to the thread. Essentially, you are making my point for me... That pvp is the only thing that is being rewarded... which should not be the case.

I will leave the thread when i decide to.

You talking about pvp is something evil!

Lol and dota are MOBAs; This is an MMORPG which is more about pvp then pve. Yea it has pve gameplay, but it basically has really low pve content. Its trivial. When raids will be invented it will be more rewarding. And i said it often enough. Why is pve not rewarding to you? Only because you can get more in pvp? So basically you want pve > pvp? And call me selfish elitist?

Your just ignore all the rewards i listed in pve and you still say its not rewarding enough lol

5 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

I will leave the thread when i decide to.

You talking about pvp is something evil!

Lol and dota are MOBAs; This is an MMORPG which is more about pvp then pve. Yea it has pve gameplay, but it basically has really low pve content. Its trivial. When raids will be invented it will be more rewarding. And i said it often enough. Why is pve not rewarding to you? Only because you can get more in pvp? So basically you want pve > pvp? And call me selfish elitist?

Your just ignore all the rewards i listed in pve and you still say its not rewarding enough lol

No... i want PVE=PVP... both sides need to be rewarding... Not 1 more than the other... THATS CALLED BALANCED... ya know... the thing that makes games fun.

2 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

No... i want PVE=PVP... both sides need to be rewarding... Not 1 more than the other... THATS CALLED BALANCED... ya know... the thing that makes games fun.

PvE  bringing other sorts of rewards. Less soulstones but you can get costumes, baguas, weapons to upgrade your stuff. The only stuff you get from pvp is soulstones which right now are bringing alot of money, but this will change as the demand will fall off later on when most people did theire upgrading.

And as you can see there is another upgrade for pve incoming mushin tower 8 and new dungeon.

11 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

PvE  bringing other sorts of rewards. Less soulstones but you can get costumes, baguas, weapons to upgrade your stuff. The only stuff you get from pvp is soulstones which right now are bringing alot of money, but this will change as the demand will fall off later on when most people did theire upgrading.

And as you can see there is another upgrade for pve incoming mushin tower 8 and new dungeon.

The game fails to reward casual players.... and 70% of players are casual players... they are alienating 70% of their players.

14 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Both sides are rewarding.  This game rewards players who engage in both activities more than it rewards players who engage in only a single playstyle.

You are arguing that 100% PvE focus should be just as rewarding as 100% PvP focus - but you're not right in your assumption.  The reality is that 100% PvE focus is more rewarding the 100% PvP focus.  There is absolutely zero way for a person who joins the Arena to advance their character aside from gaining experience.

If you focus 100% on PvE you can:

1. Level quickly

2. Gain Hongmoon skills (yet to be released)

3. Earn lots of gold easily

4. Craft

5. Have access to tons of cosmetic upgrades

6. Upgrade your own personal gear through PvE farming

If you focus 100% on PvP you can:

1. Level extremely slowly

2. Gain only the single Hongmoon skill offered via Zen Beans

3. Earn Zen Beans for soulstones that you can't use because your equipment was never upgraded to the point where they actually matter

4. Gain gold from selling soulstones

5. Have access to a very small set of cosmetic items

6. Never be able to upgrade your own equipment because all the upgrades are in PvE instance

And while gear doesn't matter in the least for Arena PvP - if you decide you want to do PvP in the open world, you will not have a chance.

PVE rewards players immensely.  Just because there is an opportunity to speed up your progression by participating in PvP doesn't mean you can't gain the rewards.  By your argument, every single hongmoon skill they ever release should be purchasable with zen beans.  Otherwise, "it's unfair!!!"

Just now, PatchKid said:

Both sides are rewarding.  This game rewards players who engage in both activities more than it rewards players who engage in only a single playstyle.

You are arguing that 100% PvE focus should be just as rewarding as 100% PvP focus - but you're not right in your assumption.  The reality is that 100% PvE focus is more rewarding the 100% PvP focus.  There is absolutely zero way for a person who joins the Arena to advance their character aside from gaining experience.

If you focus 100% on PvE you can:

1. Level quickly

2. Gain Hongmoon skills (yet to be released)

3. Earn lots of gold easily

4. Craft

5. Have access to tons of cosmetic upgrades

6. Upgrade your own personal gear through PvE farming

If you focus 100% on PvP you can:

1. Level extremely slowly

2. Gain only the single Hongmoon skill offered via Zen Beans

3. Earn Zen Beans for soulstones that you can't use because your equipment was never upgraded to the point where they actually matter

4. Gain gold from selling soulstones

5. Have access to a very small set of cosmetic items

6. Never be able to upgrade your own equipment because all the upgrades are in PvE instance

And while gear doesn't matter in the least for Arena PvP - if you decide you want to do PvP in the open world, you will not have a chance.

PVE rewards players immensely.  Just because there is an opportunity to speed up your progression by participating in PvP doesn't mean you can't gain the rewards.  By your argument, every single hongmoon skill they ever release should be purchasable with zen beans.  Otherwise, "it's unfair!!!"

Normally i would agree with you... however, the need for Soul stones is too great for pve, and since the only effective way to farm them is PVP, it makes no sense. PVP players should receive rewards effective and related to pvp... and the vis versa for pve... however, PVPers are gaining PVE rewards while PVE is rewarding things that improve PVP... its backwards.

Just now, MelodyOfWings said:

Normally i would agree with you... however, the need for Soul stones is too great for pve, and since the only effective way to farm them is PVP, it makes no sense. PVP players should receive rewards effective and related to pvp... and the vis versa for pve... however, PVPers are gaining PVE rewards while PVE is rewarding things that improve PVP... its backwards.

If we're back to the soulstone argument, farm gold in PvE and buy them.  I primarily PvP,  I don't have gold because I also like to upgrade my character.  However, I refuse to "grind" PvE.  I can't stand repeating the same content over and over, which is what PvE does.  I do it when I am forced to do so (like when I did 30 runs of Brightstone just to get a damn random weapon drop to upgrade my weapon).

While my PvE weapon doesn't matter in the Arena, I do enjoy being able to participate in PvE.  I don't pursue it, and don't make it my focus, but being handicapped in any area of the game is irritating.  Instead of whining about how the best way to achieve my desired results is to do repeatable PvE content, I sell my soulshards and use the gold to buy the crap I would otherwise have to farm.

For example, I made About 10G selling 30 soulshards last night.  Now I am going to buy an 11G key, so when I open this chest I got from BSH it will be the weapon I need.  Is that the most effective use of my gold?  HELL NO!  But it saves me from having to sit in a crappy instance waiting for the RNG gods to let me unlock a the 20th or 40th box to receive the weapon upgrade I am searching for.

Doing this means I will have to spend days PvPing to recoup the lost gold that I will spend, and earn enough soulstones to unlock my weapon.  Am I mad about that?  Is it fair?  Sure it is!  I get to play the game that I want to play, and I can still achieve the results I want -- albeit slower than someone focused entirely on PvE.

So, don't PvP if you don't like it!  Go PvE, make gold, buy your soulstones and move to the next grind.

3 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

If we're back to the soulstone argument, farm gold in PvE and buy them.  I primarily PvP,  I don't have gold because I also like to upgrade my character.  However, I refuse to "grind" PvE.  I can't stand repeating the same content over and over, which is what PvE does.  I do it when I am forced to do so (like when I did 30 runs of Brightstone just to get a damn random weapon drop to upgrade my weapon).

While my PvE weapon doesn't matter in the Arena, I do enjoy being able to participate in PvE.  I don't pursue it, and don't make it my focus, but being handicapped in any area of the game is irritating.  Instead of whining about how the best way to achieve my desired results is to do repeatable PvE content, I sell my soulshards and use the gold to buy the crap I would otherwise have to farm.

For example, I made About 10G selling 30 soulshards last night.  Now I am going to buy an 11G key, so when I open this chest I got from BSH it will be the weapon I need.  Is that the most effective use of my gold?  HELL NO!  But it saves me from having to sit in a crappy instance waiting for the RNG gods to let me unlock a the 20th or 40th box to receive the weapon upgrade I am searching for.

Doing this means I will have to spend days PvPing to recoup the lost gold that I will spend, and earn enough soulstones to unlock my weapon.  Am I mad about that?  Is it fair?  Sure it is!  I get to play the game that I want to play, and I can still achieve the results I want -- albeit slower than someone focused entirely on PvE.

So, don't PvP if you don't like it!  Go PvE, make gold, buy your soulstones and move to the next grind.

Fine... you have made some very valid points... and i am not without reason... I do however still feel there should be an alternative way to obtain the Royal Zen Beans than pvp, as wells possibly a pvp alternative for the PVE oriented skill quest items. Forcing someone to pvp or PVE to obtain thoes is still not right. 

30 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

The game fails to reward casual players.... and 70% of players are casual players... they are alienating 70% of their players.

This is just not true. Its just you who totally refuse to do even the slightest bit of pvp. Do your *cricket* pvp daylies together with your pve stuff you gain ENOUGH soulstones to upgrade your gear, i just reached 1700 rating with a lvl 40 assassin. I mean its not hard i did about 50 pvp matches you do your 6 daylie matches a day and your reach that amoutn kinda qickly i gained 2k zenbeans from that. thats a 30ss pouch. I dont know how much upgrading costs because i never got to the point where they are needed. But why is so hard to just do you few pvp daylies? you have to win only 1. Afk the rest if its so disgusting.  As i already said pve is enough rewarding, patchchild did a good job list more things.

What is a casual for you? Someone who plays like 5 hours a week? Because yea thats a casual and its hard for the game to reward low playtime how should that work? If you play on a daylie base or more than 20 hours a week your a regular player and not casual. The word casual appeard in the world of warcraft community and it descriped a bunch of players who dont like to invest "effort" while they are playing BUT STILL want as much rewards as people who actually put effort in their playtime.

i say it again no one forces you to do anything. You can just play what you like. You dont need the royal bean you can get all soulstones trough pve, its easier but takes longer. You cant expect the game to put all desireable rewards as a pve reward.

2 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

This is just not true. Its just you who totally refuse to do even the slightest bit of pvp. Do your *cricket* pvp daylies together with your pve stuff you gain ENOUGH soulstones to upgrade your gear, i just reached 1700 rating with a lvl 40 assassin. I mean its not hard i did about 50 pvp matches you do your 6 daylie matches a day and your reach that amoutn kinda qickly i gained 2k zenbeans from that. thats a 30ss pouch. I dont know how much upgrading costs because i never got to the point where they are needed. But why is so hard to just do you few pvp daylies? you have to win only 1. Afk the rest if its so disgusting.  As i already said pve is enough rewarding, patchchild did a good job list more things.

What is a casual for you? Someone who plays like 5 hours a week? Because yea thats a casual and its hard for the game to reward low playtime how should that work? If you play on a daylie base or more than 20 hours a week your a regular player and not casual. The word casual appeard in the world of warcraft community and it descriped a bunch of players who dont like to invest "effort" while they are playing BUT STILL want as much rewards as people who actually put effort in their playtime.

There should be an option for non pvp players to obtain anything pertaining to pve. It makes no sense to lock a pve based reward behind a wall created by pvp.

People doing PvE are the ones earning gold to buy the soul stones we are farming to sell them.

How is this not fair.

|Are you telling me suddenly its impossible to obtain them WITHOUT doing PvP? Gimmie a break you PvE players are the ones exploiting all the gold from farming dungeons.

Archived