Terrible System for BnS

MelodyOfWings

4 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

The Game is made for tournaments, so it gets balanced around this content. What is your arguement besides "no its not"? Ah yea, like Guild wars which is totally not a pvp game with totally no singleplayer pve content... lol

I no game is perfectly balanced. This game is balanced about class potential. Is it fair? No. Can every class get in the top 10? Yes. Check all ranking. Again What is your arguement besides "no its not"?

Level has nothing to do with arena? So skillpoints arent nessessary? If this is what you believe you might need a better understanding for the game. Skillbuilds does matter alot. This is why good players spec differently against each class. So whats your arguement here besides "no it doesnt matter"?

The game does reward skill and timeinvest. If you dont like pvp, dont play pvp. No one forces you to do so. Not event the game does. You can play and clear all pve content effectivley without the pvp hongmoon skill. BTW you dont need to be skilled to get it you just need to invest enough time, just as you demanded. Ofc you cant expect to get everything you like without doing pvp. Again this is not blizzard who babysits every baby which is crying for something.

Dude everything i read in your comment are childish demands and unknowingness.

Yes... you have posed some accurate points... However, making the game pvp only is not going to help with its popularity, The game is unfair towards people who dont pvp.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats true. And maybe the game fails because of that. But honestly, why dont you go for world of warcraft? Imo it has the best pve content there is out of all mmorpgs.

And another point, the pve content in this game wont satisfy people and make em play for long. The pve par of the community will leave in a few weeks anyway when daylies getting boring. I cant wait for the forum threads demanding more content.

6 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Thats true. And maybe the game fails because of that. But honestly, why dont you go for world of warcraft? Imo it has the best pve content there is out of all mmorpgs.

And another point, the pve content in this game wont satisfy people and make em play for long. The pve par of the community will leave in a few weeks anyway when daylies getting boring. I cant wait for the forum threads demanding more content.

I happen to be enjoying the pve content... and i feel that im being punished for that... Do you not think that players who want to pve more than pvp should have the same opportunity for rewards as people who want to pvp more than pve?

There's a lot simpler answer to this:

Don't want to farm PvP for zen beans?  NO PROBLEM!  Go farm gold.  You like to PvE, right?  Well, you can make 20g a day doing just PvE.  How many soulstones do you need?  Farm the Gold!

No one is forcing you to PvP.  In fact, BnS has given PvE players more opportunities for equipment advancement than PvP players by leaps and bounds.  If PvP players want to get hongmoon levels, they have to PvE.  The reason they have to do this is because they will be at a major disadvantage in PvP if they do not farm the levels out doing PvE.

Do PvE players have to farm Arena?  HELL NO!  Go farm daily quests, instances, and get gold!!!!!!  What does that do!?  BUYS YOU SOULSTONES!  I made 6g from a SINGLE run of Brighstone.  It took 15 minutes.  A recipe dropped and it went for 30g, and so I get to take home 6g.  That buys me about 10-15 soulstones.  Amazing!  That's faster than I can do my PvP daily quests.  Of course, that's some luck for you, but PvE = gold = soulstones.

Stop complaining when you have multiple routes to achieve the end goal.  If you don't like PvP, that's fine.  Don't PvP.  Farm gold in PvE and buy your damn soulstones.  PvP players that want to progress don't even have that option.  They can't "farm rank" in Arena to unlock hongmoon levels.  It doesn't work that way.  It will take them 30x as long to get hongmoon levels from just PvPing.

Do you think PvP players are swimming in soulstones?  Well, maybe they are!  But guess what they aren't swimming in?  XP for Levels and GOLD!  That sounds like some solid balance between aspects of the game.

4 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

Don't want to farm PvP for zen beans?  NO PROBLEM!  Go farm gold.  You like to PvE, right?  Well, you can make 20g a day doing just PvE.  How many soulstones do you need?  Farm the Gold!

And what do we do about the Royal Zen bean that costs 5000 Zen beans?

3 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

What do PvP players do about the Hongmoon skills that require you to do absurd PvE achievements?  Suck it up!!

Grind the daily quests like everyone else.  You'll be done in under a week.  Sorry, but you don't have a leg to stand on with that argument.  Way more grinding is required for other hongmoon skills, and some of them only drop in instances.

This thread's primary complaint is that PvE players are whining about soulstone grinding being only accessible via PvP when the reality is you can grind gold in PvE and buy the soulstones.

Just now, PatchKid said:

What do PvP players do about the Hongmoon skills that require you to do absurd PvE achievements?  Suck it up!!

Grind the daily quests like everyone else.  You'll be done in under a week.  Sorry, but you don't have a leg to stand on with that argument.  Way more grinding is required for other hongmoon skills, and some of them only drop in instances.

This thread's primary complaint is that PvE players are whining about soulstone grinding being only accessible via PvP when the reality is you can grind gold in PvE and buy the soulstones.

You mean the Achievement that requires you to EAT a royal Zen bean? or the one that you can just buy off someone else? PVPer are making absurd amounts of money off soulstones.

6 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

You mean the Achievement that requires you to EAT a royal Zen bean? or the one that you can just buy off someone else? PVPer are making absurd amounts of money off soulstones.

We're not communicating effectively.  If you want the hongmoon skill that requires you to eat a royal zen bean, do your daily PvP quests.

Just like if anyone wants any of the other major hongmoon skills (which are arguably useful in comparison) then they have to farm instances, farm achievements in the PvE world, and do other PvE activities.  Most of those skills aren't unlocked yet, but they will gate PvP players who don't like to PvE.

The simple fact that PvE is basically essential to just get hongmoon levels, is enough of an argument for the 5000 bean "grind" for those who prefer not to PvP.

The fact that people are making good money on soulstones presently is not really a factor.  That is going to die out in less than a month when soulstone prices continue to fall and the best way to make gold will continue to be farming materials and grinding PvE daily quests.

What sucks for everyone is that you actually can AFK your way through the PvP grind if you chose to do so.  You'll get 7 beans every loss, and you can AFK for 3/5 daily PvP quests also.

6 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

We're not communicating effectively.  If you want the hongmoon skill that requires you to eat a royal zen bean, do your daily PvP quests.

Just like if anyone wants any of the other major hongmoon skills (which are arguably useful in comparison) then they have to farm instances, farm achievements in the PvE world, and do other PvE activities.  Most of those skills aren't unlocked yet, but they will gate PvP players who don't like to PvE.

The simple fact that PvE is basically essential to just get hongmoon levels, is enough of an argument for the 5000 bean "grind" for those who prefer not to PvP.

The fact that people are making good money on soulstones presently is not really a factor.  That is going to die out in less than a month when soulstone prices continue to fall and the best way to make gold will continue to be farming materials and grinding PvE daily quests.

What sucks for everyone is that you actually can AFK your way through the PvP grind if you chose to do so.  You'll get 7 beans every loss, and you can AFK for 3/5 daily PvP quests also.

Ironicly, the Prices for soulstones continues to rise on my server... THATS an issue

24 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

There are two pvp daily quests (one for solo and one for tag) that awards you zen beans just for participating in 3 fights (in each variant). You don't have even have to win, though winning just 1 fight in each variant will complete 2 more quests for you for more zen beans.

Do this for about 12 days or 8, depending on if you win that 1 match, and you should have 5k beans.

Note: The royal zen bean costs less if you're premium. You can open your dragon express tab and find it for 4500 beans.

3 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

There are two pvp daily quests (one for solo and one for tag) that awards you zen beans just for participating in 3 fights (in each variant). You don't have even have to win, though winning just 1 fight in each variant will complete 2 more quests for you for more zen beans.

Do this for about 12 days or 8, depending on if you win that 1 match, and you should have 5k beans.

Note: The royal zen bean costs less if you're premium. You can open your dragon express tab and find it for 4500 beans.

You are failing to see the issue tho... it is still forcing players to enter into arena in order to obtain it.... even if they dont have to do anything, or they can afk to get it... It still forces pvp onto people who would rather be pveing... A developer cannot force a person to pvp, its unjustifiied... and to lock something behind a pvp wall, thats almost like locking something behind a paywall... its a dick move on the developers part and will cause a lot of anger.

7 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

You are failing to see the issue tho... it is still forcing players to enter into arena in order to obtain it.... even if they dont have to do anything, or they can afk to get it... It still forces pvp onto people who would rather be pveing... A developer cannot force a person to pvp, its unjustifiied... and to lock something behind a pvp wall, thats almost like locking something behind a paywall... its a dick move on the developers part and will cause a lot of anger.

I'm sorry you have such a strong hate for PvP. I was just pointing out how you could get the royal zen bean with minimal to no effort. Whether you choose to do that or not is up to you.

What you do to actually queue up for pvp is no different than what you do to queue up for cross server dungeons. The only addition here is that you can hit Shift+F after you enter the arena grounds to save 30 seconds of wait time, after which you can simply stand still. You're not really pvp'ing, though, if you choose to only see it that way, then there's not much I can do to convince you otherwise. Good luck in game.

23 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

people are forced to pve too.

Leveling... You say do pvp for leveling? Its way slower + harder to fight with 20 skillpoints less.

its faster to get 5k zen beans than from 1 to 45.

stop crying you are not forced to go into the arena. we can trade. ill do 5k beans for yu and you level my assassin from 40-45 i would ALWAYS TRADE! (:

47 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

No, the future HM skills which requires you to have 1250 achievement points.

2 hours ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Again... Level has nothing to do with the arena.....

The developers are punishing players who prefer pve over pvp... That is unfair to the players and needs to be changed.

If you cant break in gold its because you are bad, nothing to do with the game.

7 minutes ago, Ulcaster said:

If you cant break in gold its because you are bad, nothing to do with the game.

I am actually gold in pvp thanks... but posting that someone is "bad" could be taken as harassment... Point is... people should feel that PVE is as rewarding as PVP... and as it stands right now... its far from it. You wanna pvp? good for you... go pvp... but people who dont want to pvp should still get rewarded for their time and effort... PVPers are raising the prices on EVERYTHING needed for PVE... so how is that fair to pvers?

1 minute ago, Sylvexis said:

Or, you could take some responsibility, you know...

Nobody is making you play anything.

Maybe it's just not the game for you?

Its the principal for me... Developers making a gamer do something they dont want to do is unfair to the gamer... I spent my time to get a 4 year degree in game development to better understand games and design... And what i see in front of me is a bad design that will no undoubtedly spawn a very elitists society where only the top 20% of players will advance in the game... while the bottom 80% will be stuck trying to play catch up because they cannot afford the materials or soul stones... This game needs to be rewarding for all players... pvpers and pvers.... and as it is right now, its only rewarding the PVP side, Which again, is very unfair to pvers.

5 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

Its the principal for me... Developers making a gamer do something they dont want to do is unfair to the gamer... I spent my time to get a 4 year degree in game development to better understand games and design... And what i see in front of me is a bad design that will no undoubtedly spawn a very elitists society where only the top 20% of players will advance in the game... while the bottom 80% will be stuck trying to play catch up because they cannot afford the materials or soul stones... This game needs to be rewarding for all players... pvpers and pvers.... and as it is right now, its only rewarding the PVP side, Which again, is very unfair to pvers.

Dude you cant make it right for everyone. Why is it not fair? Your kinda like a child. Your from World of Warcraft where you can get everything for free. But this isnt World of warcraft stop crying now.

2 minutes ago, Waynedetta said:

Dude you cant make it right for everyone. Why is it not fair? Your kinda like a child. Your from World of Warcraft where you can get everything for free. But this isnt World of warcraft stop crying now.

I haven't played WoW in my life... But a developer can make the game rewarding for both PVE and PVP... its pretty easy to do... You just sound like a pvper that wants to keep all the rewards to themselves, and it sounds pretty selfish if you ask me. 

Just now, Waynedetta said:

They can. But they dont care about the pve folks because the core is pvp. Its meant to be more rewarding. Yes iam a pvper and i played the game exactly because of this. There are rarely any good pvp alternatives. While for pve, go for world of warcraft.

Im not saying to make pvp less rewarding... im simply saying to make pve rewarding as well... that way they cater to both sides of the game. And, if you make PVE rewarding, PVP will become more competitive because it will have less pvers trying to just get by. I dont care if they make PVP more rewarding... they just need to make PVE rewarding as a principal. 

I agree with you 100% MelodyOfWings.

A well rounded game is a well rounded game. And good design is good design. 

This game unfortunately isn't designed that way. I wish it was, but I don't think it will ever happen. Not anytime soon anyway. 

Archived