Forums

Terrible System for BnS

MelodyOfWings

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make PVP basically a necessity to advance really needs to rethink their approch to games. Forcing players to pvp in order to grow stronger is 1) unfair to players who dont like pvp and 2) Broken beyond a doubt in favor of the broken classes. 

For example.. Summoners are swiming in soul stones because they are broken, while people like me, who cant break into gold because of the number of BS things in this game are stuck with nothing. Either fix the classes/Rank system... or the Rank req for soulstones pouches and royal zenbean, thats the only way to make this game fair for all people... Making something pvp requires is a bad idea in any game because it turns off players who are new to endgame and dont like to pvp that much. Having rewards for pvp is fine, but making them items needed to advance is unfair.

Just as a thought.... Blade and Soul is unworthy of the Title of "Esports" because of the lack of balancing in the arena... when 70% of your ranked players are summoners.... maybe you should consider that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree that it doesn't make sense to have PvE rewards in PvP. In other MMOs, the rewards are either the same, or similar worth. And when they are different, PvP at least has an unequalized factor for certain game modes. BnS PvP is not unequalized so PvP players have no need for Soulstones. Usually PvP players are rewarded with cosmetics to show off their prestige.

Although, I have no problem with them rewarding PvP players with Soulstones or PvE specific content. BUT, the rewards should NOT outclass that which can be earned by actual PvE. So my suggestion for this balance is to simply give a decent amount of Soulstones for completing 6 or 4 man endgame purple dungeons. "Apparently" the reason why soulstones are toned down in PvE is due to bots. But what bots would be able to complete any end game raid?

Not sure if serious, PvP players are forced to play PvE to level their toons + gain HM lvls in reasonable time and probably HM skills too...

I don't see a single reason to not force PvE players to PvP as long as PvP players are forced to PvE.

9 minutes ago, Zdradek said:

Not sure if serious, PvP players are forced to play PvE to level their toons + gain HM lvls in reasonable time and probably HM skills too...

I don't see a single reason to not force PvE players to PvP as long as PvP players are forced to PvE.

But why make both suffer if we can fix the problem for both? Just simply increase the EXP gained in PvP relative to lvl. One of my mates actually lvled from 32 to 43 on PvP alone because he thought it was easier. You do get good EXP from PvP for lvling. But yeah, HM lvls on the other hand are definitely lvled better in PvE. Along with my previous suggestion in just simply boosting the EXP gain, they could also have EXP tokens you could buy using Zen Beans to boost your EXP.

Either way, I prefer not to think, "oh woe to them unto us". I believe both PvE and PvP players could get the rightful benefits to their particular side of the game.

It goes both ways. PvP players need hongmoon skills from PVE and PVE players need stuff from PvP. Either live with it or dont do it but crying like crybaby wont change thing or help anyone.

Even if you dont like PvP it takes 8-10 days (most likely even less) to get zenbeans with dailies. So yeah you have to play like 30mins pvp in day not big deal

You don't have to be rank gold or higher to get soulstones from pvp. You don't even have to be great at faction pvp to get soulstones from that. You still get soulstones. But the ones who actually work hard to get where they are are rewarded for doing better and putting in more effort. I think it is fair. Despite what people may think, every class can be countered pretty well. And nothing is stopping you from making an alternate "broken" character just for pvp/soulstones to supply your main. 

19 hours ago, FerretGod said:

You don't have to be rank gold or higher to get soulstones from pvp. You don't even have to be great at faction pvp to get soulstones from that. You still get soulstones. But the ones who actually work hard to get where they are are rewarded for doing better and putting in more effort. I think it is fair. Despite what people may think, every class can be countered pretty well. And nothing is stopping you from making an alternate "broken" character just for pvp/soulstones to supply your main. 

The maximum number of soul stones you can get from faction quests is about 20... the Bronze/Silver Soul stone bags Still require you to play an extensive amount of PVP to "earn" zen beans. Therefore... Blade and Soul/NCSoft is still forcing players to pvp in order to advance. 

And to all the people saying "forcing a pvper to pve is unfair"... This game is not built around pvp... Therefore that argument has no validity. And in fact... people can advance faster through pvp alone than they can from pve... So for people who dont like pvp.. its compleatly unfair and unbalanced. Hence, a bad system for any mmo. Especially since the pvp in this game is trash as it is now. 

20 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

The maximum number of soul stones you can get from faction quests is about 20... the Bronze/Silver Soul stone bags Still require you to play an extensive amount of PVP to "earn" zen beans. Therefore... Blade and Soul/NCSoft is still forcing players to pvp in order to advance. 

And to all the people saying "forcing a pvper to pve is unfair"... This game is not built around pvp... Therefore that argument has no validity. And in fact... people can advance faster through pvp alone than they can from pve... So for people who dont like pvp.. its compleatly unfair and unbalanced. Hence, a bad system for any mmo. Especially since the pvp in this game is trash as it is now. 

I hate to say it, he's right. Several friends left because the games pve was mediocre, and they we're being forced to do pvp for zen beans to get up their gear. Also If classes aren't near balance, this is doubly frustrating. Grant it I am not Diamond or the top 100, but you shouldn't have to be top tier to see the game as "Balanced." Despite atm it's so obviously not. Now I have no doubt that in due time things will be close enough, but as of now I feel there is a clear gap between some classes and others. I have no issue allowing pvp to give zen for soul stones, but there should be another option.

Maybe a dung point system for clearing instances? Or maybe dungs/high elvel world bosses and faction missions can offer a small amount of zen beans

1 hour ago, voodooblade said:

I hate to say it, he's right. Several friends left because the games pve was mediocre, and they we're being forced to do pvp for zen beans to get up their gear. Also If classes aren't near balance, this is doubly frustrating. Grant it I am not Diamond or the top 100, but you shouldn't have to be top tier to see the game as "Balanced." Despite atm it's so obviously not. Now I have no doubt that in due time things will be close enough, but as of now I feel there is a clear gap between some classes and others. I have no issue allowing pvp to give zen for soul stones, but there should be another option.

Maybe a dung point system for clearing instances? Or maybe dungs/high elvel world bosses and faction missions can offer a small amount of zen beans

Yes, this makes sense... players who want to pvp should be rewarded for pvping... but players who want to pve should be rewarded for pveing... One side should not benefit while the other suffers... im not saying take away the rewards from pvpers... im saying reward the pvers too.

On 17.02.2016 at 2:49 AM, MelodyOfWings said:

For example.. Summoners are swiming in soul stones because they are broken, while people like me, who cant break into gold because (...)

Mad, because bad... and those filthy excuses - git gud.

3 hours ago, MelodyOfWings said:

So NCsoft is holding gun next to your head saying: 'you are forced to play this game even if you dont like it'?  

Get real. Im geting sick of ppl who try to change everything to their liking, there is WAY too much useless clones of the games where ppl were geting 'what they wanted so much'. Go and play those games.

On 17.2.2016 at 2:49 AM, MelodyOfWings said:

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make PVP basically a necessity to advance really needs to rethink their approch to games. Forcing players to pvp in order to grow stronger is 1) unfair to players who dont like pvp and 2) Broken beyond a doubt in favor of the broken classes. 

For example.. Summoners are swiming in soul stones because they are broken, while people like me, who cant break into gold because of the number of BS things in this game are stuck with nothing. Either fix the classes/Rank system... or the Rank req for soulstones pouches and royal zenbean, thats the only way to make this game fair for all people... Making something pvp requires is a bad idea in any game because it turns off players who are new to endgame and dont like to pvp that much. Having rewards for pvp is fine, but making them items needed to advance is unfair.

Just as a thought.... Blade and Soul is unworthy of the Title of "Esports" because of the lack of balancing in the arena... when 70% of your ranked players are summoners.... maybe you should consider that.

Its now World of Hello Kitty

Its Blade and Soul, Core isnt pve its pvp

Game isnt balanced around pve like your world of warcraft

its balanced around pvp. You dont like pvp? Wrong game.

If you cant break into gold, sry, but then bro you suck. I broke into gold with my level 33 assassin. I broke into Gold with my 38 something blade dancer and i also broke into platin with my lvl 43 summoner pre season. If you cant break into gold with max level you suck.

The good thing is at this point its so easy for you to improve. Start reading your skills and do some matches. If you feel you have problems with specific setups read a guide there are plenty. Then you can easylie break into gold...

Game rewards skill more then timeinvest.

World of Warcraft rewards timeinvest more than skill.

Decide what you like more.

4 hours ago, Waynedetta said:

Its now World of Hello Kitty

Its Blade and Soul, Core isnt pve its pvp

Game isnt balanced around pve like your world of warcraft

its balanced around pvp. You dont like pvp? Wrong game.

If you cant break into gold, sry, but then bro you suck. I broke into gold with my level 33 assassin. I broke into Gold with my 38 something blade dancer and i also broke into platin with my lvl 43 summoner pre season. If you cant break into gold with max level you suck.

The good thing is at this point its so easy for you to improve. Start reading your skills and do some matches. If you feel you have problems with specific setups read a guide there are plenty. Then you can easylie break into gold...

Game rewards skill more then timeinvest.

World of Warcraft rewards timeinvest more than skill.

Decide what you like more.

First off No, this game is NOT built around pvp otherwise it would be like every other PVP oriented game where there is no Single player PVE aspect. 

Second, You call this game balanced? You are more disillusion than most people here.

3rd... Level has nothing to do with the Arena... And claiming to have gotten gold with Bladedancer and Summoner doesnt make you look cool, it just makes you cliche.

4th, The game should reward both skill and Time investment... Not every person under the sun likes to pvp... and people who dont like to pvp are being punished by the developers. 

You need to look at things from both perspectives before attempting to shoot down someone else opinions, You like to pvp... good for you... Now go pvp... but peopke who dont like to pvp deserve to be rewarded for their play time too. 

7 minutes ago, Kaze22 said:

Most of pvp players don't make dailys and so on. 

So, its not a bad thing and the soulstones on the market get cheaper.

And if u do the arena daily = PROFIT!

Problem is... People are profiting more from PVP than PVE... and Soulstones went UP in price after the zenbean update... which is just a testament to how greedy people really are.

15 minutes ago, MelodyOfWings said:

First off No, this game is NOT built around pvp otherwise it would be like every other PVP oriented game where there is no Single player PVE aspect. 

Second, You call this game balanced? You are more disillusion than most people here.

3rd... Level has nothing to do with the Arena... And claiming to have gotten gold with Bladedancer and Summoner doesnt make you look cool, it just makes you cliche.

4th, The game should reward both skill and Time investment... Not every person under the sun likes to pvp... and people who dont like to pvp are being punished by the developers. 

You need to look at things from both perspectives before attempting to shoot down someone else opinions, You like to pvp... good for you... Now go pvp... but peopke who dont like to pvp deserve to be rewarded for their play time too. 

And I got gold with my lvl 32 BM, get good and stop crying. Or find a new game made for you. This one will not change for you.

1 minute ago, Ulcaster said:

And I got gold with my lvl 32 BM, get good and stop crying. Or find a new game made for you. This one will not change for you.

Again... Level has nothing to do with the arena.....

The developers are punishing players who prefer pve over pvp... That is unfair to the players and needs to be changed.

1 hour ago, MelodyOfWings said:

The Game is made for tournaments, so it gets balanced around this content. What is your arguement besides "no its not"? Ah yea, like Guild wars which is totally not a pvp game with totally no singleplayer pve content... lol

no game is perfectly balanced. This game is balanced about class potential. Is it fair? No. Can every class get in the top 10? Yes. Check all ranking. Again What is your arguement besides "no its not"?

Level has nothing to do with arena? So skillpoints arent nessessary? If this is what you believe you might need a better understanding for the game. Skillbuilds does matter alot. This is why good players spec differently against each class. So whats your arguement here besides "no it doesnt matter"?

The game does reward skill and timeinvest. If you dont like pvp, dont play pvp. No one forces you to do so. Not event the game does. You can play and clear all pve content effectivley without the pvp hongmoon skill. BTW you dont need to be skilled to get it you just need to invest enough time, just as you demanded. Ofc you cant expect to get everything you like without doing pvp. Again this is not blizzard who babysits every baby which is crying for something.

Dude everything i read in your comment are childish demands and unknowingness.

Archived