Will you invest as much time into BnS as you did with world of warcraft?

Koter

So i'm just trying to decide if I should invest any more of my time into BnS with all the negative stuff surrounding the game or maybe if i should just go back to World of Warcraft? Will any of you just go back to World of Warcraft if the game doesnt get any better?

WoW is a 12 year old game and tbh it feels like it too, it has had its run now all the best of WoW as been and gone, and this is from someone who played it pretty hardcore from launch for 9 years,  there are far far better new games coming out  and some already out there, The problem we have in the 'west' is most of the good games come from Asia and in the original version they are good, but most get into the hands of western publishers who just see them as a fast way to make money and have no interest in the games longevity, thats just how it is now, WoW was only good because of Blizzard.

15 minutes ago, Koter said:

So i'm just trying to decide if I should invest any more of my time into BnS with all the negative stuff surrounding the game or maybe if i should just go back to World of Warcraft? Will any of you just go back to World of Warcraft if the game doesnt get any better?

Fun is fun. Play the game and have fun. When it isn't fun don't play any more.

To your question though? No. I can see already I won't be investing the same amount of time into this game that I invested into other MMOs for reasons. Other MMOs where I invested literal years of my life, and copious amounts of moneys gave me ... years of life of return on investment for on the order of hundreds of dollars of investment.

I came here because I have quit all the other ones at one time or another, and this one had new fun things. When the fun is gone, I will go play stare at the wall. Or real life. That is a fun game too. So is reading. Or picking toes.

This game's model is different. It wants to give me months of fun for the same or more in investment.

I don't care if you're the equivalent of gamer crack, I'm not going to throw money at you like you're crack for a low return on investment. I just can't do it. People who value their money less than I do, they can and will do whatever they want.

Me, I would rather take six thousand dollars cash in small bills and throw it around the room I'm sitting in and go @whee than spend it on virtual lockboxes and get virtual ... junk worth a few tens of dollars. Being in an environment where this happens detracts from my fun even if I don't have to do this if I don't choose to. That's on me and I know it. But the monetization model colors everything in the game.

$/Hr/Fun needs to be ... great. But then I spent years roleplaying and gaming for free. Maybe other people are used to spending all of their disposable income, or a disproportionate slice of it, on ... virtual trophies or vapor.

YMMV

Investing more time in this game than WoW is easy considering I didn't play for very long. I got lvl'd up to 85 during Cataclysm so I can PvP and do raids with my friends but that's the extent of my WoW experience. It wasn't a very fun game to begin with and it looked ugly as sin. Now the question is whether I plan to spend more time on this game than I did with Tera or Warframe... we'll just see how it goes from here.

As a long time player of WoW that quit for various reasons, and having had upward of 4 accounts with far too many alts...I can say I do not think BnS will have sustainability for me.

I am an altaholic. If they don't allow us to buy more character slots, I'll eventually run out of leveling to do. Run out of 'ooh new character model and costume looks'. I can see myself playing until everyone's max level at this point, then going to do something else till the next leveling/story stuff comes out and then do that till all the characters are maxxed again.

With two accounts in WoW at this point, having consolidated characters I play and having multiple 100s, I just got tired of it after a while and wanted new. I'll go back when Legion is out. But in the interim? I'm playing this and SWTOR. I play both for stories and leveling experience.

They need to put in a barbershop in the game to fix minor things like hairstyle or haircolor, eyes, etc.

Change is fun, new is fun, eventually new gets old and without new ways to experience things as new again...I'll move on till the point that it becomes new again with new content releases. Just like with WoW.

I don't invest in something I am not having fun in or doing actively.  This will hold me for seven characters to 45. After that? Not sure.

PS. World of Warcraft has mounts and pets accountwide, which encouraged multi accounts which ended up in a single battle.net account. This game has really nothing accountwide. And certainly isn't giving me the storage space and whatnot a subscription game gives with its subscription so there's absolutely no way I'm investing in premium on more than one account. I've started a second BnS account for the purpose of testing whether I can live without the premium I'm already paying. Might not renew if I find I really don't need what premium offers now.

Depends on which version.

Classic; hell no, I had to farm herbs and buy/sell for hours every day, with raiding on top of that.

TBC; Still no, too much farming and raiding/Heroics/badge farming

WotLK; This is funnily enough the expansion I spent the most time on, due to my personal circumstances and the competitive scene I entered at the time, it's not gonna happen. I had almost 200 days /played, meaning I was online for a fourth of the time this expansion was current. I have never and will never play as much as I did during 2008-2010.

Cata; I skipped the first tier entirely and only did a 2 days a week raiding schedule in the final two patches of the expansion. I'm probably playing around this level, and it's probably how I'll continue.

MoP; Skipped everything but the last patch, I'll probably play BnS more than MoP.

WoD; Played a lot in the beginning, but dropped off fairly quickly. Now I just log in once every few months to say hi. Will play BnS a lot more.

-BnS has years of content to draw upon, if we get regular updates every few months, then yeah I'll probably keep playing. Beats the 10+ month stagnation periods in WoW.

-Character progress is a more tied to wealth than getting lucky / having the most DKP in raids. I like this, gives me a reason to log in every day when I get home.

-Solo content in this game is more prevalent, love it.

It's still new to me, so I can't say if I'll get bored with it in the next ~6 months, but I'll probably keep playing until the content stagnates.

The problem that I can foresee is that the content will dry out. I don't think NA is capable of going outside the box and producing more content to feed our hunger. The decisions will be made on Asia's shoulders, in turn, will affect us.

I will say that this is a good turn of events. And hopefully NA gets away from the wow clones, and start producing more unique mmo's. Asia has created an even better bns/aion called Revelations Online. They took the best of both systems and maximized on it. There mmo genre's are getting better and better. The west seems to still be stuck in time.

I think bns will be out for some time. I don't think it will have the longevity that wow has. But we just need western developers to take notices and don't be scared to try new things.

2 hours ago, riknav said:

Asia has created an even better bns/aion called Revelations Online. They took the best of both systems and maximized on it. Their mmo genre's are getting better and better.

I will stay with BnS until Revelation Online comes out. I never played Wow, but I played Aion, and the time I spent playing that game became really unhealthy for me. I will never return to Aion, but I'll stick with BnS as long as I can moderate my gameplay and my compulsive spending. That, or until I meet a chick that I like. Everytime I meet a girl that sparks my interest everything else always fall by the wayside. 

4 hours ago, Koter said:

Simple answer - never .

Oh no, I won't. I played a bit classic, hell of a lot bc and some wotlk and probably invested thousands of hours into it. Mainly as a pvp player. But WoW is dead to me, there's absolutely nothing left that makes me want to play that game anymore. Blade & Soul to me isn't the thing I've been waiting for but it's worth playing for a bit and I really enjoy it so far.

But if I enjoy the game or not is just one part of the experience. I'm really disappointed with NCWest too as someone else above me already said. I played some Guild Wars 2 (which to me is more like a WoW 2.0 than B&S is) and when I found out that it's the same publisher I had trust that B&S is going to be maintained well, but I was wrong. As it seems it's only the developer, not the publisher, or something. If they keep ignoring EU like they do now, don't fix some problems and so on.. I doubt that I'll still be playing in 1-2 month.

About going back to WoW, guess that depends of Legion.

If they do a good job with the expansion I will probably go back. But if they do a Cata or WoD again... I doubt it.

And about BnS... I love making characters and getting outfits. The combat is fun. It's a pretty game.

But the game isn't really alt friendly. The crafting system is not fun.

I'm enjoying playing... for now at least. I don't know for how much will last. But, time will say.

I've never played WoW, but i've had my fair share of time in other mmo's. I'll probably spend as much time or maybe more then I did in those games. Achievements and the upgrades keep a completionist like myself busy for a long while. A great + aswell is the combat, Tera is somewhat slow for me, while this fast paced combat is super fun.

I play(ed) wow for almost as long it excist..

And tbh i'm getting bored of it, but i keep coming back..Simple reason, the gameplay is better, do to addons no blocking goldsellers by hand etc..

You don't have to pay for every single thing with real money and so on..

And i'm a altholic too..and in B&S after a certain lvl you have to w8 7 days and thats just stupid..

I enjoy B&S for now but if i get bored i will go back to wow again.

Archived