Do you think BnS will be a true WoW killer?

Koter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to worry about WoW.   WoW will probably have it's last expansion,  it is on a milking phase and after the Draenor dissapointment never gonna play that game again.    Activision will milk it as long as they can.   Went from 10 to 4.5m  subscribers  (idk if they count token users as subscribers, probably yea),  and the last time they said they won't give sub numbers anymore.   You can expect those numbers to be half by now.     The devs on that game have no word and are having another 14 months without real content at the end of the already cut  expansion.   When I saw that coming I did not even try their last tier set and Raid.   The armor sets are uninspired, the combat system is old and not fun to what it should be this day and the graphics are not what you would expect today either.   Blizzard seems to be trying to kill the game so that people can move to the new ips like Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, etc.

Not by a long shot. WoW classes are so much better and more diverse. They actually let your pet be decent tank in the low and mid end content.

WoW faded a long time ago for me but I always loved the quests and the humor added with them.

World of Warcraft may be in decline, that cannot be disputed...but C'MON?? Blade and Soul is BARELY an MMORPG. You cannot honestly compare the two. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BnS...I really enjoy the game for what it is. It is a fighting/eSport game dressed up like an MMO. This game does not have 1/10th the content of a game like WoW or EQ2, or FFXIV...haha...WoW killer. gtfo of here with that. 

Run a dungeon in FFXIV....then come here and run a "dungeon". Complete a raid in WoW...then come here and try 24 man content. Level up your alternate jobs in a game like FFXIV where there are multiple ways to do it...then come here and run through the same shit storyline, horrible voice overs and crap cut scenes. It isn't even close.

Again, I love BnS, I am not slamming it in any way, shape or form...but it is NOT an MMO in my opinion, or at least its dressed up like an MMO, but this is basically a fighting/pvp/lobby game (and the fighting is amazingly well done) with a little PvE thrown in for fun. 

No, only Blizzard will kill WoW. Might happen pretty soon, if Legion is going to be the same as WoD. I miss the old WoW, when everything so easy a three year old could play it.

There seem to be alot of people in this thread that don't enjoy the game though. What are you still doing here, if BnS is dying? o:

14 hours ago, Ninfu said:

Who cares if something Blizzard killed wow by themselves atleast for me. No interest in that wellfare game where everything is handed to player without any effort

Sadly this is true now. Seems like its raining epics when you hit max level in WoW.

This has a decent enough story, but I can't see it luring many WoW players, at least not in the long term. I no longer play WoW, but the variety and mechanics of instanced content is far superior in WoW while the general combat is more fun here. Apart from the Blackram/Nightshade dungeons pretty much every instance feels cobbled together from the same few tunnel components. If you have entered one cave you have pretty much seen them all. And as much as it pains me to say it, PvP is more fun and balanced in WoW than here. The thing that will kill WoW is Blizzard's insistance on fixing what isn't broken and screwing over classes with every new expansion thus often rendering peoples long term main characters as pale shadows of themselves. Also WoW players are notorious for being mount whores. With so many mounts to earn in that game, coming here where there is not even one mount will likely turn them off quicker than having the kids wander into the bedroom during "special time". I am not saying this is a bad game, it has many cool features but the lack of freedom when it comes to movement (damn invisible walls EVERYWHERE) is also a big downer when coming from a game that has a vast open and seamless world. In short, both are good at what they do, but really appeal to completely different audiences.

On 17/02/2016 at 1:27 AM, Elvenmad said:

You do realise this game as been out live for over 4 years.

The game is very successful in Asia and part of Esports, but his version, hmm it is nothing like the other versions to be honest and that is apart from most of this version being broken or full of bugs and hacks. I have played CN (China) servers for around 4 years and love the game , but this version and business model personally I hate.

So do you speak Chinese now or what? Would be a pretty neat perk after 4 years lol.

Archived